Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by Twomz »

Why don't we wait to see if there is indeed a cult? Besides, Buffy would be more like recruitment immune townie, that isn't told so that he/she won't be able to tip off the town that there's a cult?

BUT WHY WOULD THERE BE A CULT WITH THREE SCUM GROUPS?!?!?!?!?!?

ARRRRGGGGG!!!!
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by Skruffs »

well
hopefully, if there is, the scum are recruitable, and they can bus their buddies and start an inner-scum gang war.

That's my hope, anyways.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:15 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I still think the most likely option is that this is just misdirection. This is Stoofs after all.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by ooba »

Skruffs wrote:Ooba:
Can you explain your role better?
I do not think me claiming serves any purpose right now

Twomz wrote:Hello everyone,
my name is Bilbo Baggins
, and I have this nifty little sword called Sting, that whenever I get close to a goblin (which bothers me, because it was orcs in LotR) it glows blue. Since Guardian claimed to be my nephews good friend Sam, I decided to have a look... guess what, he wasn't Sam, he was a Goblin
Guardian wrote:I'm gonna tell you guys some things about the setup, because I want you to find the other scum -- better chance my partner somehow pulls this out.

samwise gamgee and ron weasley were my fake claims.
I guess I chose the wrong one? kinda BS that bilbo is the scum finder and I claim sam...
Erg0 wrote:I am Buffy Summers (aka
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
, for those who don't know). My PM tells me that I'm a plain old townie, but circumstancial evidence leads me to think that I may have an additional facet to my role - I suspect that I may be at least partially NK immune. This is both flavour based (Wikipedia tells me that I died and came back to life in the TV show), and also based on a possible explanation for the lack of a goblin kill on night 2.
Iammars wrote:I'm a
Vampire Finder (Abraham Van Helsing)
I believe Iammar's claim - which i think is an attempt at misdierection. Cult with 3 scum groups sounds complex.
We've already had a situation where scum were given fake claims which were related to other pro town roles based on a common theme.
Iammar's claim doesn't change my view on Erg0 - still scum.

I am in favor of thesp vigging Erg0 (Will read the arguments against this)
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:53 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Erg0: 4 (Claus, The Fonz, Gorrad, MrBuddyLee)
Thesp: 4 (ooba, Cogito Ergo Sum, cicero, Kison)
Kison: 1 (Erg0)

Not voting: 9 (Skruffs, JordanA24, Iammars, mikeburnfire, Flameaxe, UltimaAvalon, Thesp, Twomz, Rogueben)

10 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~10th March

As things stand, no-one would be lynched at deadline.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Thesp »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I have no intention of letting you call out every lurker before you 'fess up and get lynched or you dayvig erg0.
Why shouldn't we get other people contributing? I want to hear what everyone says on the subject - there's plenty to be said, so there's no excuse for someone to be not posting and say, "there wasn't much to say so I didn't post".
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I still think the most likely option is that this is just misdirection. This is Stoofs after all.
I agree with this.

Mod: can we get prods on anyone who hasn't posted in the last 72 hours?
Thanks!
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Skruffs »

mikeburnfire wrote: I hope that we kill all the bad guys and only the good survive!
Can I get an amen?
If there *IS* a cult leader, I imagine it would be this fella right here. *points to MikeBurnFire*
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Skruffs wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote: I hope that we kill all the bad guys and only the good survive!
Can I get an amen?
If there *IS* a cult leader, I imagine it would be this fella right here. *points to MikeBurnFire*
i c wat u did thar.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Claus »

Okay. I have briefly read what happened while I was away. I apologize for the abscence.

I'm soon going on a trip, and I'll probably be away until Wednesday.

Now, I only have 20 minutes to post (spend most of my time replying to the newbie I'm on, sorry), so I'll be briefer than I wanted.

- MBL, I see that you made a PBP analysis of me and found me wishy-washy. Well, I disagree, I think, at least WRT thesp, I was pretty clear that I found him scummy. But ask me to answer your question in more detail once I'm back from my trip.

- Erg0 claim: Did not convince me. "Yeah, guardian targetted me, but I'm totally not scum"

- Thesp should/should not dayvig discussion: If he IS a day vig, I think he should be responsible for his powers, not the town. My basic theory is that using powers is the business of the power role and no one else. Things work smoothier that way.

That said, I still think thesp is lying about his power. So I'm also not going to chant "thesp! Kill X!" because I believe he can't.

- Mars: Argh. You shouldn't have claimed. But since you did: Have you considered the possibility that you are a Naive cop (there are no vampires in the game)?

Also, the fact that you are a vampire finder tells nothing about Erg0, in my opinion.

====

I'm ambiguous on Erg0/Thesp. I'll leave my vote on Erg0 while I was away, since I'm (slighlty) more certain that erg0 is scum.

Sorry about not being around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:08 am

Post by Claus »

Claus wrote: Also, the fact that you are a vampire finder tells nothing about Erg0, in my opinion.
Let me expand on this before I go.

Erg0's "claim" (buffy) is related in theme to Mar's (vampire hunter). But the power is not.

Kscope fakeclaim (clinton) is related in theme with my rolename.

That is why I think Mars got the wrong conclusion.

Yeah, my role is/was an american politician. That is all I'm telling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

I think that's a good point. It seems likely the scum have fakeclaims that are in some way related to roles actually in the game, otherwise they wouldn't necessarily be safe. This is backed up by a Goblin having a fakeclaim related to the anti-goblin roles.

I find it rather incredible that there would be a Buffy role that doesn't mention the possibility of Vampires being in the game. I would expect a 'cult-immune' townie to have some indication in their pm of the possible existence of this cult. Hence, I'm not inclined to believe Erg0's claim, and want to see Thesp vig him (myself, and cicero, have already made it abundantly clear why it is in the town's interest for this to happen).
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:45 am

Claus wrote:That said, I still think thesp is lying about his power. So I'm also not going to chant "thesp! Kill X!" because I believe he can't.
I don't believe he has this ability and if he doesn't have this ability, he is certainly scum, but hey that's no reason to test him right?

I'm not supporting the Plan because I don't trust Thesp with the ability, but because I don't trust Thesp and think it likely he's lying.

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by Twomz »

It is also worth noting that both of Guardians fakeclaims somehow connected with a protown role that was against his faction. Me and Sam both being LotR and Gandalf and Ron both being wizards.

Although this is a mildly week point, and if it were true, it would mean that Ergo wasn't just scum, but was probably a vampire.... /shrug.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:26 am

Post by Rogueben »

I'm not sure what to make of this now. It's quite possible that stoofer has thrown in the vampire finder to throw us (naive cop idea).

I don't like the fact that Erg0's claim is linked to that vampire type role though.

Still don't know whether to believe either of Iammar's or Erg0.

I think the best lynch(vig) is probably Erg0. He's claimed vanilla on a role that seems likely to be a protect role, he's postulated some sort of NK-immunity not mentioned is his role PM and his latest posts are a bit WIFOMy (a fact he concedes himself) and seem like scum trying to preserve themselves for a bit longer.

Vote: Erg0
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:07 am

Vote for Thesp, please, rogueben. A vote for Thesp is a vote to kill Erg0 or find 100% confirmed scum.

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:18 am

Post by cicero »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Vote for Thesp, please, rogueben. A vote for Thesp is a vote to kill Erg0 or find 100% confirmed scum.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:10 am

Post by The Fonz »

Also: let us not assume that vampires are either scum, or not in the game at all. It is perfectly plausible that we could have a handful of pro-town roles that also happen to be vampiric in nature.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:13 am

Or neutral.

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Gorrad »

Has Rogueben come up with any original ideas this game? Just wondering- it seems like all his posts are just mimicing reasons others have already given as excuses to change his vote.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Thesp »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Or neutral.
While sometimes mods will characterize a role as neutral, there is no such thing as a neutral role.
Gorrad wrote:Has Rogueben come up with any original ideas this game? Just wondering- it seems like all his posts are just mimicing reasons others have already given as excuses to change his vote.
*hifive*
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:01 am

Thesp wrote:While sometimes mods will characterize a role as neutral, there is no such thing as a neutral role.
Even though, as you correctly point out, they're not really neutral, I would argue that it is still a useful and practical distinction and will continue to refer to them as neutral.

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:50 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Well, I certainly seem to have avoided this game long enough.
I don't think scum got fake claims in PS2SUX; we actually caught at least one scum (Romanus) because he claimed the same video game as another player.
I modded that game, and for the record the Nintendo Mafia had fake claims. The Microsoft Mafia (which Romanus was on) had a role that could kill players and take their role flavor (but had not successfully used it yet)

When I saw the missing arm from the night scene, I though it might have been attirubted to Grey Fox, the ninja from Metal Gear Solid. :P Enough banter, though. Down to brass tacks.

I don't like how Iammars suddenly speculates that there is a cult without any indication of such a faction, especially considering we already have 3 scum groups. Then he speculates that the Ninja group might just be a lone SK, even though we've already had a Ninja Finder and Ninja Protector come up dead. Then he claims Vampire Finder? Wait, what? That would mean that we have a Vampire scumgroup/SK that hasn't killed yet. He thought that his vampire-hunting role might have been a pirate? What the hell?

vote: Iammars

I know everybody's eager to have Thesp vig, ergo die, or speculate a cult, but I think that Erg0's claim could be fairly valid. It makes little sense, but a vampire red herring is viable. I feel that Iammars is just twisting this around and fake claiming Vampire Hunter so that we have Thesp kill erg0. Then we'd have a dead dayvigger, a dead miller-townie, and Iammars has a valid claim.

Keep in mind that when Erg0 claimed "Vampire", Iammars believed he was a "cult-immune townie". If he were truly a Vampire-Hunter, then why wouldn't he believe his role to be similar to DG's and Mgm's?

I want Iammars to die now. The evidence is far more concrete than the silly pirate confirmation Day 1.

Also, I would like EVERY player to repeat this phrase for me. Do not ask why just yet.

I, [your name here], want to kill all pirates, ninjas, and goblins, and want the town to win. Amen
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Erg0 »

Sorry, I've been sick for a few days and my brain isn't quite working at the moment. On the subject of a cult, there's no mention of it in my role PM. I suppose a vampire cult is possible, but I'm not sure how my role would tie into that, if at all. The existence of two roles with vampire-related flavour does give me pause, though.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Iammars »

I, [your name here], want to kill all pirates, ninjas, and goblins, and want the town to win. Amen

I have a good idea I know what mbf's role ability is.

And I didn't say that I was a cult-immune, I thought that Erg0 was.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:20 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Clever Mars, but unhelpful.
I have a good idea I know what mbf's role ability is.
Say nothing then.
And I didn't say that I was a cult-immune, I thought that Erg0 was.
My use of pronouns may have been misleading. Let me rephrase.
MBF wrote:Keep in mind that when Erg0 claimed "Vampire", Iammars believed
erg0
was a "cult-immune townie". If
Iammars
were truly a Vampire-Hunter, then why wouldn't
Iammars
believe his role to be similar to DG's and Mgm's?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”