Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Skruffs »

Is there a reason you don't have vampires in your list of scum groups to kill, MBF?
I would assume that if your text is some sort of game mechanic thing, than you are basically confirming via your role that there are no vampires, right?
Alternatively, if the text isn't a set thing, why wouldn't you just add "Non-town friendly parties", or at least add Vampires, and for that matter, "cults", even though there is not yet evidence of such?

Change it to include all scum parties and you have my pledge.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Iammars »

mikeburnfire wrote:
MBF wrote:Keep in mind that when Erg0 claimed "Vampire", Iammars believed
erg0
was a "cult-immune townie". If
Iammars
were truly a Vampire-Hunter, then why wouldn't
Iammars
believe his role to be similar to DG's and Mgm's?
I don't get what you mean still. Erg0 didn't claim vampire, and I believe my role works exactly as DGB's and Mgm's (assuming I understand their role correctly)
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:36 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

I don't believe we have a vampires scum group, but I thought that last bit about the town winning closed all loose ends.

I want all scum groups to lose and the town to win this game. Do you? That's all I want to know. I'm not demanding you say it verbatim. I just want to see how willing everyone is. So far, nobody else is willing to comply.

Iammars, my mistake. I thought Buffy was a vampire. I'm still voting you because your claim of Vampire Hunter seems opportunistic and contrasting to your earlier claim of not knowing if you were a pirate.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Sorry, mike, but I'm rooting for the pirates and I wouldn't want to be dishonest.

YARR!
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

I want all scum groups to lose and the town to win this game.

That do ya?

I'm afraid I have to disagree on the subject of Erg0's claim. Vanilla townie, but, uh, it's probably got some kind of immunity, and maybe a link to a potential vamp scumgroup... does not strike me as the most genuine of claims.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Iammars »

mikeburnfire wrote:Iammars, my mistake. I thought Buffy was a vampire. I'm still voting you because your claim of Vampire Hunter seems opportunistic and contrasting to your earlier claim of not knowing if you were a pirate.
When I wasn't sure if I was a pirate or not, I thought that most of the town was split between pirates and ninjas, therefore I might be a pirate. Looks like that assumption was wrong.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Twomz »

I, Jake Bartlett Williams, want to kill all pirates, ninjas, and goblins, and want the town to win. Amen.

I even put my real name to make it special. I'm assuming this is some sort of ability, but I doubt it will end up affecting me all that much since I'm probably dead tonight /shrug.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Twomz »

Oh, and on the neutral thing...

There aren't any Neutral Neutral roles, but there are Chaotic Neutral (Jester, SK, ect) and Lawful Neutral (unNKable survivor, um... other "good" nontown roles?).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Iammars wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:Iammars, my mistake. I thought Buffy was a vampire. I'm still voting you because your claim of Vampire Hunter seems opportunistic and contrasting to your earlier claim of not knowing if you were a pirate.
When I wasn't sure if I was a pirate or not, I thought that most of the town was split between pirates and ninjas, therefore I might be a pirate. Looks like that assumption was wrong.
Is that why you confirmed with a
"Yarr"
?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Iammars »

No, I confirmed with a yar because I like talking like a pirate and I was doing it all summer anyway as part of my job.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by cicero »

I want all the scum groups to lose and I want town to win and a great way to go about having that happen would be for people to vote for Thesp.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I want the town to win, by whatever means neccesary. These means including, but not limited to, the deaths of Thesp, Erg0, and Skruffs.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by ooba »

Gorrad wrote:I want the town to win, by whatever
Honest
means neccesary. These means including, but not limited to, the deaths of Thesp, Erg0, and Skruffs.
Amen.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Post by Gorrad »

As of now, it seems we have divided votes between Thesp and Erg0. The ones on Erg0, myself included, are because either they think he's scum and don't want anyone else lynched, or are left over from when we needed pressure for him to claim. The ones on Thesp are pressure for him to Vig. I'm wary of too many votes on Thesp with three scumgroups, as members of the other groups could easily lynch. With Erg0, he's going to die today either way- votes on him have less risk except from members of Thesp's scumgroup who don't want him to be found out.

Here's my plan-

1. We get Erg0 to L-2, and tell no one to go past that point. Those that do are scum and are killed at the next conveniant point. Three more people who are not voting Erg0 say when they are willing to have Thesp lynch him. IMPORTANT: Do NOT vote Erg0 if you still have something to discuss. Bringing him to L-2 and having those three others signifies that the majority of the town is ready for a lynch, and that he would be lynched under normal circumstances.

2. We tell Thesp to vig. If he does vig, he's telling the truth about his role and either dies as scum or kills scum. If he doesn't, we lynch Erg0 and kill Thesp at the next conveniant point.

3. We kill Skruffs. Doesn't really matter how or when, but sooner is better. Rogueben too, I'd say, but after Skruffs.

5. Big profits.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I love how your plan involves lynching me whether Thesp is telling the truth or not, once again ignoring an opportunity to get the known vig to target me and test my theory.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:25 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Erg0: 5 (Claus, The Fonz, Gorrad, MrBuddyLee, Rogueben)
Thesp: 4 (ooba, Cogito Ergo Sum, cicero, Kison)
Kison: 1 (Erg0)
Iammars: 1 (mikeburnfire)

Not voting: 7 (Skruffs, JordanA24, Iammars, Flameaxe, UltimaAvalon, Thesp, Twomz)

10 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~3rd March

As things stand, no-one would be lynched at deadline.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:37 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Primate replaces JordanA24

Everyone else has posted recently.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:06 am

Gorrad, we basically got to that point, but Thesp didn't want to vig Erg0, which is why we're switching to Thesp.

We get Thesp to L-2 and tell him to vig Erg0. Basically the same idea, but this way, if he can't vig, we can lynch him straight away.

Primate, vote for Thesp please.

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:42 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Thesp wrote:I said I was 1000% sure MBL didn't have a daykill - because his role was "Vig" and mine was "Day Vig". I knew there was an explicit difference between our roles. (On that note, I'm not sure what MBL means when he says my reaction was "understated, then overstated". Can you explain what you see there?)
Sure. Understated:
Thesp, Jan 29th, 9am wrote:I don't believe MrBuddyLee for a moment.

I also think,
if this is indeed genuine
, that this play was not wise.
Thesp, Jan 29th, 9am wrote:Also,
it appears
MBL was lying. *sigh*
Two separate posts casting casual aspersions on my fakevig (italicized phrases show feigned uncertainty). In each, you hint at some personal uncertainty about my dayvig and conceal your "role" from the rest of us. You claim
you're
a dayvig, so for some reason you decided at 9am that you'd indicate some measure of uncertainty about the possible dayvig in an effort to conceal yourself. Or because I MIGHT have been a real dayvig...

Then, later that day, Overstated:
I'm a
1000% sure
MBL's vig was fake.
So after eight hours to think about it, and after eight posts about Gorrad, vigs, after the mod essentially ignoring my fakevig, and other miscellaneous issues giving you confidence that I had no dayvigging abilities, you decided to make it VERY clear that you're a "dayvig". Eight hours of understating your vigness, followed by a blatant, somewhat readable roleclaim. At least I read it as a possible dayvig counterclaim.

So why the shift over the course of the day? One theory of mine is that you forgot your fakeclaim was dayvig... for eight hours at least... and/or that you were waiting it out to be sure I didn't have a dayvig ability which would make your fakeclaim obsolete.

But it's also odd that you chose to out yourself at 5pm over something terribly insignificant (a near-confirmed vig faking a dayvig). You didn't seem too concerned about self-preservation there, and seemed more concerned with laying the groundwork for a dayvig claim/fakeclaim.

Kapische
?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:31 am

Why aren't you voting for Thesp, MBL?

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:34 am

Post by Skruffs »

Heppeh Heppeh scumday, Mr Stoofer!

Gorrad:
You are confirmed, right? You are also helping scum out immensely.
You are saying you don't want Thesp or Erg0 to be quicklynched, you want it to be done by some sort of beauracratic 'measure pasing' session whereas ANYONE can hop on until -2 (hmm) and then three people say "I am through with discussion for the day" and finalize the vote.

Which is basically the exact same thing as a quicklynch,except it's preplanned and thus any scum who are on it are LESS likely to be responsible if it's a mislyndch, not that I think it will be, but still.

Now you sound exactly like Thesp did in the first part of the days; mindlessly chanting "Kill Skruffs" without giving any sort of reason. It's agravating.

The only thing that I am glad for is that you are a confirmed, nonprotected townie role, which means you probably won't get to endgame, and most likely will not lose the game for town.

Something about Claus and The Fonz reactions to the cult claims are fishy. I can;'t remember what.

I, Lord Skruffs Pantaloones, want
all
scum parties to lose and for town to win the game.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Thesp »

That day, I was on a tightrope of trying not to reveal what you were doing, while still giving an indication to later that I had actual reason to believe you were lying. (In fact, I alluded to a principle under which I would otherwise "run you up", which would be LAL.) I was also frustrated by Fritzler's terrible play just before that.
MrBuddyLee wrote:So after eight hours to think about it, and after eight posts about Gorrad, vigs, after the mod essentially ignoring my fakevig, and other miscellaneous issues giving you confidence that I had no dayvigging abilities, you decided to make it VERY clear that you're a "dayvig".
I didn't realize this was as transparent as it seems to be, and I thought the mod ignoring your claim made it obvious to everyone but Gorrad.
MrBuddyLee wrote:You didn't seem too concerned about self-preservation there, and seemed more concerned with laying the groundwork for a dayvig claim/fakeclaim.
You actually think that scum would fake a publically confirmable role
that doesn't verify alignment
without having the ability to back it up? Ponder it. The answer may well be "yes", but I want to make sure you've thought it through. (Obviously, at least one other reasonable player has come to the conclusion that scum would be likely to do that sort of thing, however much I think that conclusion is incredibly wrong.)

I am distrustful of mikeburnfire, but I will say this: I want the town to win. Let that satisfy anything MBF needs.

I want to hear from Primate, and I like the attention on RogueBen.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:22 am

Post by Primate »

HELLO EVERYONE
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Gorrad »

Skruffs, I think you're just not reading. You're making completely false points.
Gorrad wrote:IMPORTANT: Do NOT vote Erg0 if you still have something to discuss. Bringing him to L-2 and having those three others signifies that the majority of the town is ready for a lynch, and that he would be lynched under normal circumstances.
Y'see this? Its purpose is an anti-quicklynch measure. My plan is NOT to have anyone be able to vote Erg0 without consequence or anything like that, my plan is for him to be killed, one way or the other, only when people are ready for the day to end.

And when the majority of a town is ready for a lynch, it's not a frikkin' quicklynch.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:17 am

Post by cicero »

The right plan is for everyone to vote Thesp until he agrees to use his power. That still hasnt changed, really. You're inverting the right plan, Gorrad. And it's a plan we JUST DID! We just drove Erg0 up into the neighborhood of L-2 and Thesp said no to using his power - despite me making what I think is a very good argument in favor of him using it. So your plan is really just "let's lynch Erg0" so you may as well just say that. Your last part about killing Skruffs is just a totally different "pet scum" plan and is unrelated to the Erg0 Thesp issue. It's a red herring.

I think in my last few posts I made a pretty convincing argument in favor of this plan. If you disagree it has to be based on the vampire stuff. And as far as I'm concerned, that's fair. If people believe that Erg0 is Buffy Summers, vanilla townie who is really bulletproof and that's why she didn't night-die even though somehow that anti-night dieing applied against goblins instead of vampires than that's fine.( I would like to talk to those people after the game I have these Enron stock certificates I think you should purchase. It's a good deal)

What is more likely by far is that Erg0 is, in fact, a vampire, and vampires form yet another scumgroup in the game - although that really seems to be getting crowded. But we don't know how many of each scumgroup there are. Maybe we're facing one goblin, one ninja, one vampire, one pirate and one giant man eating windmill. I don't know.

Or maybe Iammars is Erg0's scumbuddy. I dunno.

But I still think the best play is for Thesp to vig Erg0, and if he doesn't, for the town to lynch Thesp.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”