Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Wrong again i'm afraid. The godfather argument is not adding up, because mathematically, assuming that Tar is a sane cop, as you are when making this point, i am statistically less likely to be scum than ANY other player, given that we almost certainly have several goons remaining aswell.
I am
NOT
assuming Tar is a sane cop. I have pointed out that its questionable wether or not he is town or scum - given the nature of the cop mason group, as well as expressed doubt of the entire mason group's sanity. In
addition
to that, I have mentioned that the possibility of another mafia godfather exists. These are not exclusive, but concurrent sets of chance that you could be scum.
You've hit the nail on the head here. These ARE exclusive, because the argument of me being godfather is made on the assumption that the innocent investigation on me is accurate. There is little point you accusing me of being a GF should the cops both be proven to be insane, as that would be nothing short of overkill. I've already explained that insane cops is a virtual impossibility so i'll brush swiftly over that comment. Godfather is of course a possibility, but then it doesnt validate a lynch of me, as we want to hit goons as much as a GF and i am statistically less likely to be scum if the cops are genuine. The final argument for lynching me based on the claim is that the cops are in fact both scum, which EVEN THEN doesnt mean that i am scum. And if you really believed this to be true, you would be throwing your food at Tar and/or Korlash right about now.

Yama wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Granted, Tar is by no means confirmed town, and i can see a strong case for lynching him today. But get ideas of insanity out of your head. A game with GODFATHERS does not feature cops of varying sanities. I cant think of why any mod would fuck with the game to THAT extent.

BM
Insane cops =/= naive cops which is what I think we have.
it still renders godfathers obsolete. this is not Bastard Mod.
Yama wrote: In addition to a potential mafia member in the mason/cop group. Godfathers could be balancing out a mafia cop (might be two of these) role, and we could have 2 of the mason group as mafia members, though I think that's less likely.
these are not examples of cops with different sanities.

Yama wrote:When we have a minimum total of 5 cops and 1/2 cops I think that the mod isn't so likely to need to be sparing with different cop roles.
wtf?
Yama wrote: And all I really wanted was some discussion on you and Tar - what is the strong case you see on him? We need to get some discussion started and you two are the most likely to generate that discussion.
I'll respond to this later. Meantime, prods on lurkers are probably a good idea.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:39 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Please list the lurkers so that I can make them eat their sandwiches.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon, Flameaxe, Hermit and Blackberry please.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:03 am

Gorgon, Flameaxe, TheHermit and Blackberry are choking on their bologne and mustard right now.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Gorgon »

I'm not liking Yama all that much in this spat of his with BM.

Yama, what info exactly will it give the town if BM is lynched?

Also, how is BM claiming that BB notes =/= power role scummy?
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:30 am

Post by TheHermit »

Je fais des excuses,
I am having a bit of trouble keeping up with everything right now.

In my opinion, Yamahako is most likely to be scum. I've been getting a bad feeling from him for quite some time now, and his latest arguments haven't engendered me to his case at all. If you'll give me until this evening I can dig up exactly what's given me such a bad feeling about him. I'll refrain from hurling any food in his direction until I have done this.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Yamahako »

Battle Mage wrote:
Yamahako wrote: Insane cops =/= naive cops which is what I think we have.
it still renders godfathers obsolete. this is not Bastard Mod.
MOD wrote:cicero - simmered gently, George W. Grounded Admin Scum Godfather
cicero wrote:Kinda strange to be dead since my PM clearly tells me I have nightkill immunity.

So bah. Go admin scum.
There are other reasons to have a godfather. A Mafia-cop that's sane ALSO gives additional reasons for the Godfather's investigation immunity.
Battle Mage wrote:
Yama wrote: In addition to a potential mafia member in the mason/cop group. Godfathers could be balancing out a mafia cop (might be two of these) role, and we could have 2 of the mason group as mafia members, though I think that's less likely.
these are not examples of cops with different sanities.
Good observation? I'm talking about potential naive cops in the mason group in *addition* to potential mafia cops in the mason group. And besides, if we HAVE mafia cops, their sanity doesn't matter anyway.

Battle Mage wrote:
Yama wrote:When we have a minimum total of 5 cops and 1/2 cops I think that the mod isn't so likely to need to be sparing with different cop roles.
wtf?
Do you
ever
pay attention to your games or what people say? We had a soup-scum cop, and we had a admin-scum cop, and we have a 3 person mason group that all claim to be cops.
Battle Mage wrote:
Yama wrote: And all I really wanted was some discussion on you and Tar - what is the strong case you see on him? We need to get some discussion started and you two are the most likely to generate that discussion.
I'll respond to this later. Meantime, prods on lurkers are probably a good idea.

BM
I await with eager anticipation.
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Gorgon wrote: Yama, what info exactly will it give the town if BM is lynched?

BM has had a lot of people comment on his play for good or ill. Depending on how he comes up (town or scum) it will be possible to find patterns in play that will illuminate tells for the mafia.

He claimed vanilla before he claimed BB notes. That in itself is scummy. The fact that he has an adult name is a non-tell I supposed, but it makes me suspicious none-the-less.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote:

He claimed vanilla before he claimed BB notes. That in itself is scummy.
Lol so are you saying that i DON'T have BB notes? Because i think giving me a chance to prove that would be a good idea. :roll:
In the case that i didnt have BB notes, what would be my incentive for claiming them, in the knowledge that they were (as far as we knew at the time) neither inherently scummy nor protown?
Otherwise, i dont really see what you're getting at here. Yama you are very good at making points, but seem to fall short when it comes to actually backing them up!
Yama wrote:
The fact that he has an adult name is a non-tell I supposed, but it makes me suspicious none-the-less.
Here is something i thought i should emphasise, as it highlights my view of you nicely. You see something which when you think about it, you know isnt a scumtell, yet you are tunnel-visioned to the extent that you MAKE IT INTO A SCUMTELL. I suppose its pretty much what i did with Skruffs (and vice versa), so i cant criticise you for it. Just be objective when you analyse things k?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Yamahako »

Battle Mage wrote:
Yamahako wrote:

Lol so are you saying that i DON'T have BB notes? Because i think giving me a chance to prove that would be a good idea. :roll:
In the case that i didnt have BB notes, what would be my incentive for claiming them, in the knowledge that they were (as far as we knew at the time) neither inherently scummy nor protown?
Otherwise, i dont really see what you're getting at here. Yama you are very good at making points, but seem to fall short when it comes to actually backing them up!
I'm not saying you don't have BB notes. I'm saying that claiming vanilla - then claiming to have an ability is scummy. It's a lie at worst, a backtrack at best. It's basically a scum move. I guess I don't back up my points well in your opinion because the things I say just seem obvious enough (to me) for a 10 year old to pick up intuitively. Maybe that's the wrong approach - I'll try to be more blunt:

You said one thing, then you said something that was in direct contradiction to it. That's scummy. Your defense to that contradiction was invalid and unconvincing to me, which was additionally scummy. The fact that you do or don't have BB notes is irrelevant to this argument.
Battle Mage wrote:
Yama wrote:
The fact that he has an adult name is a non-tell I supposed, but it makes me suspicious none-the-less.
Here is something i thought i should emphasise, as it highlights my view of you nicely. You see something which when you think about it, you know isnt a scumtell, yet you are tunnel-visioned to the extent that you MAKE IT INTO A SCUMTELL. I suppose its pretty much what i did with Skruffs (and vice versa), so i cant criticise you for it. Just be objective when you analyse things k?

BM
Pointing out that you're doing it > refusing to acknowledge it (as you were doing before). But that one minor point doesn't invalidate my others. And it may be relevant regardless. The blunt version:

I'm pointing out a potential flaw in my case because I recognize it as a potential flaw. It may turn out to be a valid point, which is why I mention it. I mention the fact it is a flaw because I don't want people using that reasoning as a way to invalidate my case.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Yamahako wrote:

I'm not saying you don't have BB notes. I'm saying that claiming vanilla - then claiming to have an ability is scummy. It's a lie at worst, a backtrack at best. It's basically a scum move. I guess I don't back up my points well in your opinion because the things I say just seem obvious enough (to me) for a 10 year old to pick up intuitively. Maybe that's the wrong approach - I'll try to be more blunt:

You said one thing, then you said something that was in direct contradiction to it. That's scummy. Your defense to that contradiction was invalid and unconvincing to me, which was additionally scummy. The fact that you do or don't have BB notes is irrelevant to this argument.
I still dont think you are quite getting it. If i was scum, why would i claim vanilla then claim an additional role?
Its alright saying 'you lied, you must be scum' but wheres the motive!?
Yama wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Yama wrote:

BM
Pointing out that you're doing it > refusing to acknowledge it (as you were doing before). But that one minor point doesn't invalidate my others. And it may be relevant regardless. The blunt version:

I'm pointing out a potential flaw in my case because I recognize it as a potential flaw. It may turn out to be a valid point, which is why I mention it. I mention the fact it is a flaw because I don't want people using that reasoning as a way to invalidate my case.
so in other words, you are completely indecisive, and want to cover all your bases? :lol:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Yamahako »

We've got a deadline here in <48 hours. As it stands, I plan on hitting Tar before the deadline is up. Barring any further discussion about keeping him alive. I think we need to crack this thing about the mason/cops open. BM isn't a bad lead, but I think Tar is better.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

BM - Yamahako spat is EXTREMELY interesting, since I have innocents on BOTH. Either that's a townie feud or I can't detect all scum (or even any scum, if I am, as I suspect, Naive).

Moreover, I just had time to look over cicero's poss, and noticed that he was one of the players who really seemed to believe that I am, in fact, Naive. My current, probably unreliable hypothesis is that one of my investigations was used on an Admin goon. The two best candidates for Admin Goon of my investigations, IMO? That would be Yama and BM, in that order. Yama in particular drew my eye for attacking ABR for perceived connections to the Soup Scum and ONLY the Soup Scum, which suggests to me that he's scum trying his hardest to get rival scum lynched.

Frak this, it's gotten to the point where I'm just going to throw any remaining food at Yama and hope for the best. Even Korlash is acting better than him.

Throw all remaining celery sticks, all remaining cherry tomatoes, and all remaining cheese at Yamahako
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Yamahako »

another day with no lynch? /sigh

Throw 100 peas, 2 Saltines, and 1 Cup of Hot Coffee on Tar

If all of the scum are lurking and townies are killing each other I'm gonna be upset :(
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I have to second yamahakos post.

Throw all Knackwursts, prunes, and all other food stuffs which i own at Tarhalindur.

I'm a bit sick of this guy claiming cop and then killing off his confirmed innocents. Its time we take out the obv scumbag.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

also in case u need specifics,
i also have Sauerkraut, which i Lob over Tarhalindur

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:15 am

Post by Gorgon »

Well, I like Yama slightly better now after his responses. I'm not sure about Tar, but it looks like if anyone's getting lynched today, it's him. So here goes.

Hurls aubergine at Tarhalindur

Chucks a fistful of macaroni salad at Tarhalindur

Tosses consommé at Tarhalindur
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:21 am

Post by Korlash »

I think your all idiots

Hurls Granola Bar in Yamahako's general direction
Sticks a Fruit Rollup on Yamahako's face
Rubber band slings a Candy Cane towards Yamahako
Grills up some Fish Sticks and tosses them toward Yamahako
Dumps Fruit Yogurt down Yamahako's shirt
sprays a Diet Fruit Drink all over Yamahako
Hits Yamahako with a Microwavable Diet Lunch
Kicks Lunch Box at yamahako
Beats Yamahoko with a Hamptser

Your the only person I think is scum that I don't have an innocent on.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Holy »

I'm on page 21 now, so far I found Yama scummier than Tar. I don't think his suggestion of mini food as our FOS is quite sincere.

But reading this page from the top, Tar could invest? Yama said Tar could be mafia cop? I don't think, I understand this case.
But from the first page, I understand, there's known two mafia group, there's also two dead cops with different description, Admin Cop and Cafeteria Cop and each match respectively with Admin Scum and Soup Scum. With that clues, I hope I can get a better insight while reading though.

Well, we're at deadline, maybe Yama would like the 'FOS' from me?! Here take this!
Fling a string cheese at Yamahako.

Err, well, I suppose it's better if I continue my read first before I throw more >.>
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:11 am

Shame! Shame! Shame!

I told you juvies to eat your sandwiches, not toss your drinks at each other. Look at what you've done.

We have to send
Tarhalindur
, aka,
Amber Star
home, GOSSIPING MASON, our best cheerleader. She wasn't the brightest student I know, but she was peerless with the pompoms.

Next lunch FEB 25, 9:00 AM EST.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:44 am

Ding! Ding! Ding!

I want everyone's attention right now.

First of all, why does it always fall on the mop guy to make these announcements. How come they always pick my freakin' number out of the hat? I should check the scraps of paper in the hat. I'm starting to think they all have my name.

So kids. No gym class today. Hey! I doesn't take a genius to see that only the geeks and nerds are applauding. Quiet already!
The Gym Teacher, Adolph Hillthor,
the one you nicknamed
Blackberry.
was seriously scalded in the soup cook pot, leaving behind a scummy deposit. Gonna be hard for him to shoot baskets with all these bandages, poor guy looks like a mummy.

No worry! The soup of the day is pea soup, I'm told.

If that wasn't bad enough,
Sally S. Saad
, the one you nicknamed "
Flameaxe
," your chemistry teacher who'd been battling depression for years, has been found bashed in the head on the lab floor.

I hope that hasn't ruined your appetite, and you'll start eating your lunches, instead of throwing them around.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

rofl. i guess we ARE dealing with lurker-scum :P
Surprising about Tar, but i think it clears up alot of unanswered questions. Korlash and Yama are almost certainly town.

Good night too. It looks like we were dealing with an SK as the culprit of the 'bash in the head' kills. Seems that he was killed by the soup scum, whilst he managed to kill an Admin goon aswell.

At this point, i think its wise to suspect we only have 1 scum left - a soup godfather. Its possible that we have an additional goon for each side, but i'd rather not consider this a possibility atm lol!

Anyway, i'm going to get round to a reread of the more quiet players at some point soon.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Yamahako »

Battle Mage wrote:rofl. i guess we ARE dealing with lurker-scum :P
Surprising about Tar, but i think it clears up alot of unanswered questions. Korlash and Yama are almost certainly town.

Good night too. It looks like we were dealing with an SK as the culprit of the 'bash in the head' kills. Seems that he was killed by the soup scum, whilst he managed to kill an Admin goon aswell.

At this point, i think its wise to suspect we only have 1 scum left - a soup godfather. Its possible that we have an additional goon for each side, but i'd rather not consider this a possibility atm lol!

Anyway, i'm going to get round to a reread of the more quiet players at some point soon.

BM
I agree with almost all of this.

We have 2 soup scum left most likely. One of whom may be a godfather. With Tar's investigations less questionable I'd like to hear from the last surviving mason. I also think we should have a mass claim at this point - we aren't out of the woods yet.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:09 am

Post by mneme »

Ohayou!

A very good night!

I can see how Tar's innocence quasi clears Korlash (symetry), but
I'm not sure how it clears Yama.

Korlash, are you ready to give us results yet? It seems like we could use them.
Did I say too much?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Yamahako wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:rofl. i guess we ARE dealing with lurker-scum :P

BM
I agree with almost all of this.

We have 2 soup scum left most likely. One of whom may be a godfather. With Tar's investigations less questionable I'd like to hear from the last surviving mason. I also think we should have a mass claim at this point - we aren't out of the woods yet.
Why would we have 3 soup scum and only 2 admin scum?

It does seem like now would be the time for a mass claim, if ever.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”