Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

Rogueben: 2 (Primate, cicero)
UltimaAvalon: 1 (Kison)
mikeburnfire: 1 (Thesp)

Not voting: 9 (Iammars, Cogito Ergo Sum, mikeburnfire, Flameaxe, UltimaAvalon, ooba, The Fonz, MrBuddyLee, Rogueben)

7 to lynch!

Deadline will be ~24th March.

As things stand, no-one would be lynched at deadline.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:37 am

Post by The Fonz »

mikeburnfire wrote:What's up with the musketballs kill? That doesn't seem to be pirate-related. Do we have a British Invaders scumgroup as well?
Seems to fit perfectly imho.
Thesp wrote:
What do you think of the fact that Iammars claimed to be a Vampire Hunter well before a Communist Hunter came to light?
QFT. Claiming a red herring role before any other such roles have come to light is very dangerous.
cicero wrote:Sounds like a great way to give the most talented scum a free ride, Oobie.
I'd agree with this. Plus, who is this 'we' that think has a consensus list of most to least suspicious?
ooba wrote:
'There was once an island in the Atlantic ocean which was inhabited by a tribe of people who were sea-fearing. Hence for them , their island was their home. Their society was driven by gold which they obtained from a mountain nearby. For the mining , they trained a race of people who were considered outcasts - these people differed in both size and looks from the ruling class. They were provided with no facilities,education and were given only the bare minimum to sustain mining. They weren't allowed to talk to each other too. Hence over the ages , they slowly lost whatever intelligence they had. They weren't given any individual names and as a group, they were identified by the work they did. Gold-Miners or 'Gob'-'Lins' in the tongue of the ruling class ...

Centuries later, a fleet of strange looking objects was seen on the horizon. Fear gripped the people of the land as they saw these monstosities approach their shores. Stranger looking people got down. Fear turned to anger as they realized that they were after their Gold. After a brief battle, all that was left of the once big empire were their mines and the Goblins who lived in the darkness inside them. Releasing that years of mining had made them formidable melee warriors, the foreigners decided to set them free and use them as crew in their own ships.

This is how the Pirates acquired the friendship of the Goblins

-- The Chronicles of PvsNia'
I don't see why anyone would go to this length to push a theory which has incredibly little to support it. It strikes me as being a giant red herring.

Other thoughts: I don't see scum being given a day-ending dayvig, so now Thesp has demonstrated his power, he seems very unlikely scum to me.

IIRC, the person most tied to Guardian was Skruffs, so I'm not sure re-reading him produces much. I'm going to go back over the two dead pirates and the dead ninja, and see what i can turn up.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:43 am

Post by Rogueben »

Ooba's post is stretching at best.

Thesp's vote switch? Any reasoning?

If the people who are voting me/want to vote me actually want to put out some sort of case I'd be happy to discuss your suspicions.

In response to the fact that I have been "copying" others opinions it is mainly due to the fact that when I get home to read the thread there are usually a significant amount of posts to absorb, in these cases I often end up rehashing others opinions.
Thesp wrote:
Rogueben wrote:
Claus - Senator Joseph McCarthy (Communist Finder) - filled full of musketballs Night 4
Communist Finder? Is this some sort of other faction or just a cruel Stoofer joke?
What's your best guess, oh purveyor of useless fluff?
Considering the role it was worth thinking something about some sort of communist cult or something along those lines. Looking over it now, I guess that the idea of red herring roles is likely. Thanks for the respect though, I'll remember to treat you the same way.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

The case against you, RB, as far as I can see it, is that you appear to be putting very little thought into the game, and instead consistently going along with whatever a number of other people happen to be saying. You're doing just enough to not get prodded, without doing anything that might help the town find scum.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Thesp »

I switched because I think mikeburnfire needs some attention, as I think he's scum, too.

I do like the RogueBen hate, though. :D
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Thesp, you're not being very helpful.

It would be appreciated if you actually did something useful for the town.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Thesp »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Thesp, you're not being very helpful.

It would be appreciated if you actually did something useful for the town.
I see this as highly ironic.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:05 am

Then you're looking at it wrong.

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Thesp »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Then you're looking at it wrong.
Really? I could have sworn I'd brought attention to Skruffs (who later turned out to be scum via MBL), helped keep the ball rolling D1, joined the bandwagon against Kaleidoscope, drawn strong attacks from another scum (Guardian),
daykilled
scum Erg0 (whom I also supported the lynch of), and brought attention to RogueBen and mikeburnfire (whom I think are also likely scum, and neither had received much substantive attention until then). Meanwhile, you've said almost nothing on anyone except Erg0 and I (with the recent exception of comments on Iammars). My apologies for not being helpful.

What do you think about mikeburnfire?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:47 am

Post by The Fonz »

On Skruffs:

Cicero is not a likely ninja:
Skruffs wrote:
So Cicero you KNOW that scum get to talk to each other? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT MISTER CICERO??
It doesn't strike me that scum would be that likely to pull that kinda crap on each other.

It's quite clear that the pirates didn't get any LoTR fakeclaims.

Uses some craplogic on me, though that doesn't help me much.

Man, there's a lot of rolefishing here.

On Scope:

All we've got is early votes on MBF and TSQ (to go along with the ineffectual, distancing vote on Skruffs).

On ERg0:

What stands out with Erg0 is two things: firstly, an early, possibly-distancing bit where he votes Mgm early on, then unvotes when Mgm 'clarifies.'

He also defends Mars a lot, but then, he does have a point. The Guardian-driven Mars wagon was a horrible one.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Thesp »

The Fonz, what's distancing?

Your statement on Erg0-Mgm doesn't make sense to me, given that Mgm was town, but perhaps you mean "distancing" to be something different than I understand it to be.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:53 am

Post by The Fonz »

I didn't notice Mgm had died. Scratch that.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:08 am

Post by cicero »

The Fonz wrote:
On Skruffs:

Cicero is not a likely ninja:
Skruffs wrote:
So Cicero you KNOW that scum get to talk to each other? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT MISTER CICERO??
It doesn't strike me that scum would be that likely to pull that kinda crap on each other.
First, I'm pretty sure Skruffs was joking there... You cant draw any conclusions about my alignment from it one way or the other. It's weird to me you don't see that.

Second, Skruffs was a pirate not a ninja.

Coupled with that and the MGM is alive thing and I have to say you don't seem to be reading very carefully Mister Fonzarelli.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:14 am

Post by The Fonz »

Well, i wasn't reading 'the thread' there, i was reading the posts of the three dead scum in isolation, and noting things that i thought could be leads either way on any other players.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:03 am

Thesp wrote:I could have sworn I'd brought attention to Skruffs (who later turned out to be scum via MBL)
Well, you called him scum a couple of times. Um, yay for you? Heck, I called him scum too. I don't really see this as relevant at all.
Thesp wrote:helped keep the ball rolling D1
Led a crapwagon Iammars, sure, I'll give you that.
Thesp wrote:joined the bandwagon against Kaleidoscope
I don't particularly remember this and will withhold comment until re-reading.
Thesp wrote:drawn strong attacks from another scum (Guardian)
Padding your resumee, much? This is completely irrelevant.
Thesp wrote:
daykilled
scum Erg0 (whom I also supported the lynch of)
How to lie with italics: Claiming credit for something we forced you to do. You played a small role in getting obv scum Erg0 killed.
Thesp wrote:and brought attention to RogueBen and mikeburnfire (whom I think are also likely scum, and neither had received much substantive attention until then).
Baseless assertions: still not particularly useful.
Thesp wrote:Meanwhile, you've said almost nothing on anyone except Erg0 and I (with the recent exception of comments on Iammars). My apologies for not being helpful.
Well, sorry of focussing on scumbags. Also, comparing yourself to someone who just replaced(not to mention the other differences between the two of us) is not exactly intellectually honest.
Thesp wrote:What do you think about mikeburnfire?
I've disagreed with me on quite a few issues, but his play here does not substantially from his play as I remember it in Lights Out 2. I see no reason to suspect him at this point.

Get off your high horse, Thesp, and start justifying your opinions.

Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Rogueben »

QFT everything in the above post.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:38 am

Post by cicero »

The Fonz wrote:The case against you, RB, as far as I can see it, is that you appear to be putting very little thought into the game, and instead consistently going along with whatever a number of other people happen to be saying. You're doing just enough to not get prodded, without doing anything that might help the town find scum.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Thesp »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Thesp wrote:What do you think about mikeburnfire?
I've disagreed with me on quite a few issues, but his play here does not substantially from his play as I remember it in Lights Out 2. I see no reason to suspect him at this point.

Get off your high horse, Thesp, and start justifying your opinions.
I will be happy to elaborate on my opinions in time, as I'd hope it's fairly evident I appreciate being able to make assertions, ponder them, get reactions, and speak further later. You, however, are still refraining from making substantive moves on anyone today. Who do you think is scum? Best guesses? Seriously, I feel like you're posting, but just wasting time.

I like cicero's post above. ;)
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Primate »

cicero wrote:
The Fonz wrote:The case against you, RB, as far as I can see it, is that you appear to be putting very little thought into the game, and instead consistently going along with whatever a number of other people happen to be saying. You're doing just enough to not get prodded, without doing anything that might help the town find scum.
Also the fact that Shea was scummy as hell.

@Rogueben: So you're comfortable enough regarding setup speculation to talk about scumgroup composition but not comfortable enough to talk about the specific roles in the game?

@Kison: So the reason you find UA the scummiest person in the game atm is solely because he was apart from you on one issue? Because your stance was so overwhelmingly pro-town that anyone who takes the opposite stance is anti-town now, yes?

Also.
Now that's just plain wrong. I was very vocal about why Erg0 was likely to be scum(check my first post from yesterday), and why I was skeptical of Thesp's claim. That's not avoiding anything.
Ergo had just been fingered by someone as guaranteed scum. Now, you supported his lynch, but that was a lynch that, if it had gone sour and he come up town, you could have absolved yourself of all responsibility for it by just say "Hm, guess he lied then". You didn't bother going into how scummy he was by means of backing this up at all, instead you just rode Guardians message. And you were 'very vocal' about it for
one post
before you completely dropped it and started not doing very much again, so I think it's telling that this was one of the big two suspicions you picked out as an example of you doing something.
Thesp wrote:I switched because I think mikeburnfire needs some attention, as I think he's scum, too.
2/3 of Kison, MBF, Rogueben. Betcha.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Primate wrote:@Rogueben: So you're comfortable enough regarding setup speculation to talk about scumgroup composition but not comfortable enough to talk about the specific roles in the game?
I have no idea what you're getting at here. Have I ever said I'm not comfortable to talk about specific roles in the game?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Primate »

Rogueben wrote:
Claus - Senator Joseph McCarthy (Communist Finder) - filled full of musketballs Night 4
Communist Finder? Is this some sort of other faction or just a cruel Stoofer joke?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Kison »

@Kison: So the reason you find UA the scummiest person in the game atm is solely because he was apart from you on one issue? Because your stance was so overwhelmingly pro-town that anyone who takes the opposite stance is anti-town now, yes?
The issue regarding Thesp's roleclaim was not just any simple issue as you may or may not believe. There was absolutely no reason not to test it primarily because of how he claimed it worked. So yes, I find anyone not wanting to follow along with what I think is a pretty damn straightforward solution to that incident to be pretty damn sketchy.

You'd do well to answer my question previous question seriously.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by Rogueben »

I still don't see what you're getting at? Where have I shown a reluctance to talk about specific roles?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:25 pm

Thesp wrote:You, however, are still refraining from making substantive moves on anyone today. Who do you think is scum? Beth guesses? Seriously, I feel like you're posting, but just wasting time.
That is why I am doing more reading, as I mentioned previously.

Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:37 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Lawrencelot replaces Flameaxe
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”