1, Coolbot
-
ting =)

1, Eljcko
-
Destructor

Not Voting:
6, Qman, Petunho, Matt_S, eljcko, crazy_vlad, Imat

Gondor, Rohan, Elves (All of them), Dwarves, Hobbits. All of these are valid areas. Lesser known names hide out in all of them, though they are much lesser known in some cases.

About Spindax, AKA Qman: I also find his little knowledge weird, but not necessarily a scum move. Qman may seem to be delaying his responses and posting with little real info to be a lurker, but thats all conjecture ATM.

Matt_S has shown some Scummy behavior in the past. Now he seems just defensive, not very offensive in the Scum-Hunting way. I have not seen any recent votes by him or posts that actually give evidence for another players innocence. Possibly a response to early votes which caused him to retreat from outright accusations.

CoolBot has shown himself to be persistent against the bandwagoned players. Perhaps looking for an easy place to park his vote, perhaps genuinely believing in the Scumminess of the target. Even now, when Matt_S has explained himself, CB wants answers for answered questions. Perhaps he needs to reread, but he seems to want a quick lynch in any case.

Talitha also joins the Bandwagon, without much in the way of evidence, though none of us had much evidence. Now, however, she keeps her vote. She claims her vote can be easily switched, but I'm not sure whether or not thats the case.

Massive has gotten away with hanging back, IMO, but he hasn't seemed Scummy. He seems to be a valid Scumhunter and attempts to dissuade players from voting based on bad evidence.

Ting has shown himself to be Town. Not Scum, as some may still believe, but Town. Perhaps not a Power-Role, but not Scummy in any way.

eljcko almost seems to protect Matt or avoid him. Perhaps he truly believes Matt's innocence, perhaps he knows something we don't know. All I know is what hes posted.

That concludes my list, to catch up myself mostly. Argue with what you want. I tried to keep out my own views on who is Town and who is Scum for obvious reasons, some may have slipped. I believe I'm caught up now...
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:59 am

Post by CoolBot »

ting =) wrote:What makes you think he's in a group like Gondor or Rohan if he's unnamed?
Well, it seems more likely than being just some guy from Middle Earth. I don't believe Matt has been fully honest, and he hasn't claimed despite being only a couple votes from a lynch. I think he's laying low, hoping this blows over. This is especially evident in his tactic of leaving vague hints and only telling us what they mean after someone says something concrete

Finally, I haven't seen any convincing explanation of his quick turn around in post 70. Until I get one or he claims, my vote isn't moving.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Matt_S »

CoolBot wrote:
ting =) wrote:What makes you think he's in a group like Gondor or Rohan if he's unnamed?
Well, it seems more likely than being just some guy from Middle Earth. I don't believe Matt has been fully honest, and he hasn't claimed despite being only a couple votes from a lynch. I think he's laying low, hoping this blows over. This is especially evident in his tactic of leaving vague hints and only telling us what they mean after someone says something concrete

Finally, I haven't seen any convincing explanation of his quick turn around in post 70. Until I get one or he claims, my vote isn't moving.
Matt_S wrote: And I did claim when I explained my position on the name claim. Unless you mean I haven't claimed a power role, in which case I find it pretty twisted that you're pushing my wagon just for that.
Just so you don't have to look back, I'm vanilla.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:35 am

Post by CoolBot »

No flavor?
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Matt_S »

My role pm says I'm a townsman who's in the fellowship.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:58 am

Post by CoolBot »

Townsman in the Fellowship? That doesn't make any sense.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Imat »

Hes Town and hes in the Fellowship, whats there to miss? I don;t think thats what he meant, however, because he said before hes not in the Fellowship, or at least unnamed...
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Matt_S »

My role pm doesn't give a name; the closest thing is that it says I'm a townsman. Fellowship means pro-town.
Show

(2) think very hard;
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by CoolBot »

There are nine people in the Fellowship. In the novel, they all of names, and from khel's actions, it seems pretty clear that he has a name and is part of the Fellowship.
Matt_S wrote:Fellowship means pro-town.
This doesn't really make sense considering your actions. When I said I wasn't part of the Fellowship, you said:
Matt_S wrote:While it's comforting to learn that I'm not alone,
I don't get this. If you are part of the Fellowship, how did anything I said convince you that you weren't alone? I never said I had no name and I specifically said I wasn't in the Fellowship.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Matt_S »

When YOU said fellowship, I thought you meant the book's and movie's fellowship people.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:17 pm

Post by Qman »

For the record I am screaming at my computer every time I see this named/unnamed crap on my screen post page 5. AUUUUUGHHH.

So anyways. Through Page 5 My short list of people I think are scummy consists of Coolbot, GSGold with a slight tingle from Matt (I really don't buy the wagon on him) and Vlad. Ting seems pretty town.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by Qman »

End of page 7, the Matt bandwagon is making me queasy. I can understand some of the reasons, as he is a little wishy washy but man... I don't know about it. Some of the points against him are good but I'm not willing to vote him as of post 174.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by Qman »

Khelvaster wrote:
shaka!!v wrote:
destructor wrote:
Mod:
In light of the "unthemeing", what would happen if we went ahead with a mass name-claim?
You would find that some people are unable to claim a name, as stated before.
I cannot believe the mod here. Guys, what would you say to a mass nameclaim of former names?

I strongly feel that this could still be fruitful. Listen--going around, starting with me even if you want, and claiming names, but NOT roles, still might tell us--we have no clue whether the mod was being truthful or not. A name claim, should it break the game, would not be something the mod would admit to. Names might include non-fellowships, such as Theoden, Faramir, or other characters. The main thing to note is that the mafia might have been given "evil" names and thus be forced to either claim names and hope they aren't taken or claim nameless. Even if they did end up making safe nameclaims, we wouldn't be worse off, as the mod (and me) can confirm, there are normal, named townies.
Considering that I don't have a name, or if I did I wasn't told it I kindly ask that you drop this bullshit line of questioning. Thank you.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by Qman »

Imat wrote: About Spindax, AKA Qman: I also find his little knowledge weird, but not necessarily a scum move. Qman may seem to be delaying his responses and posting with little real info to be a lurker, but thats all conjecture ATM.
Honestly this games start gives me a massive headache, and I've been trying to pick it apart. So yeah I took longer to catch up than I normally would. I kept starting and just getting really frustrated.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by Qman »

Vote Talitha
for the lets lynch the hapless townie comment. Not sitting well.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by Talitha »

Your selective editing of my comment is noted.

And voting me for it after you just mentioned how frustrating and headachey this first day is?
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Qman »

Talitha wrote:Your selective editing of my comment is noted.

And voting me for it after you just mentioned how frustrating and headachey this first day is?
For the sake of clarification here is what you said.
Talitha wrote: I prefer to miss out all the dragggging out of nothing and just head straight to the lynching of the hapless townie (or the hapless scum, if we get lucky.)
How I interpreted that was "lets lynch the halpless townie". I wasn't trying to edit it for public consumption just state how I read it, but I will concede the point; the way I said it made it look alot owrse than it initially was. I'm still not comfortable with it though.

Headaches aside, and this game is LOADED with them, I think lynching someone for information isn't warranted yet, and even if it was I'm not sure lynching Matt would give us useful information at this point.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

And i think we gotta move on before 7 more players drop out. It's been a month. Seriously, game days drag on far too long.

I don't want to lynch Matt just for information. I think there's a good chance he's scum. But I concede there's also a good chance he's a townie. That's mafia. I've learnt that it's often good play on day one to go ahead and lynch someone who claims townie. This way you don't risk bandwagonning a doctor or useful town role and make them claim, only to switch back to the townie having blown their cover and gained nothing.

Just out of curiousity, why would lynching Matt not give us any useful information after 1 month and 10 pages of game? If we go on much longer any useful information will be buried in far too many pages to ever find again, anyway.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:32 am

Post by CoolBot »

I agree with Talitha. There's been two wagons strong enough to get some information, but they have both died because someone unvotes because the wagons are too big. That sort of play does nothing but lengthen the game and give scum a reason to think they can just out last the wagon and don't have to claim.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:35 am

Post by CoolBot »

Sorry for the double post; I forgot to respond to Matt
Matt_S wrote:When YOU said fellowship, I thought you meant the book's and movie's fellowship people.
Uh, I did. Until this exchange between us, that's what I thought everyone was talking about when they used the word "fellowship". And it's what you implied way back on page 1. An earlier clarification would of been helpful.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:54 am

Post by ting =) »

Hey guys. I'll be short of time for the next few days. I'll post my thoughts when I can. I agree that the day is dragging on. For now, I think that 2 of the replacements are scum. Not talitha though, I think her wanting a lynch is justified, but I don't like her choice. Also, I got town vibes from ranger, who she replaced.

I'm putting matt, khel, destructor, talitha on my town list. I'm not willing to make up my mind yet on massive, crazy_vlad, imat, coolbot, qman. gsgold/petunho and eljko are still on my suspicious list. I've reread through the game, and unless something unexpected and new comes up, eljko is on the top of my list. I'll add to my previous suspicions of him when I get the chance.

Since I'm not so certain of coolbot anymore, I'll
unvote
for now.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:54 am

Post by Matt_S »

CoolBot wrote:Sorry for the double post; I forgot to respond to Matt
Matt_S wrote:When YOU said fellowship, I thought you meant the book's and movie's fellowship people.
Uh, I did. Until this exchange between us, that's what I thought everyone was talking about when they used the word "fellowship". And it's what you implied way back on page 1. An earlier clarification would of been helpful.
So, did your pm say anything about the fellowship?
Show

(2) think very hard;
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:00 am

Post by massive »

I'm still content with my vote. And this day needs to end.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Imat »

Ting, could you explain your suspicions of eljko? I haven't really gotten any vibes from him, either way, so I'd like to see what I missed.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Matt_S »

Imat wrote:Ting, could you explain your suspicions of eljko? I haven't really gotten any vibes from him, either way, so I'd like to see what I missed.
I, too, would like to hear this. I've been slightly suspicious of him at times, but I've gotten more of a town read overall from eljcko.
Show

(2) think very hard;

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”