massive, Khelvaster, Coolbot, Talitha

1, Eljcko
-
Destructor

1, Talitha
-
Qman

Not Voting:
6, Petunho, Matt_S, eljcko, crazy_vlad, Imat, ting =)

Matt_S wrote:My role pm says I'm a townsman who's in the fellowship.
So is it "townsman who's in the fellowship" or "townsman, fellowship means townie"? My PM does not specifically say that the Fellowship is the Town; it says a lot of stuff about conquering the baddies, but it doesn't say anything about the Fellowship.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by CoolBot »

massive wrote:My PM does not specifically say that the Fellowship is the Town; it says a lot of stuff about conquering the baddies, but it doesn't say anything about the Fellowship.
That's more or less what mine says too. That's why this townsman in the fellowship stuff confuses me. If anyone is named, I have to believe it's those in the fellowship.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Post removed.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by eljcko »

I think it would be a safe idea to say the fellowship is town. It is not like we have a reverse of good guys and baddies, (like in the MGS mafia game i"m in. Foxhound is the good guys and snake is bad.) I will believe Matt's claim, for now. But I agree with talitha that we need to get moving on, we should get this day over with soon
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Qman »

for f's sake quit with the followship talk the flvor is gone, and frnkly you can always have a traitor in the ranks. Ruling people out over role pm claims that don't matter anymore (Or conviting then for it) is just bullshit.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by CoolBot »

eljcko wrote:I think it would be a safe idea to say the fellowship is town.
I don't think anyone was saying otherwise. The question is whether the fellowship comprises the entire town, not whether the fellowship is town or not.
Qman wrote: Ruling people out over role pm claims that don't matter anymore (Or conviting then for it) is just bullshit.
No, we shouldn't throw out this info just because the game was categorized wrong. I think getting to the bottom of the Fellowship is a good idea, especially with a claim like Matt's.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by ting =) »

About Eljcko:

If you read back - I actually thought he was the most suspicious at first. Then, I changed to coolbot. The switch was partly because I was afraid I was wrong about him and he might be a power role. Here's why:
eljcko wrote: That was post nine. He seems to know a lot about the
townie PM
, but there is
no townie PM
posted by Shaka. Two possibitites strike me right away.
A couple of things are obvious: He is not a townie, named or unnamed. [Sorry Qman, I have to. =(] You can read his previous posts, he mentions in a number of posts not knowing what the townie PM is, without making any distinction between named or unnamed townie.

This makes him either power role, or scum - which is why I was unwilling to continue my attack on him - I was unsure.

I've made up my mind now though. Read back on his early game reactions on the name claim. I don't want to quote since you have to take it in context of all the other posts around it.

He was against the name claim. If you read back on how the other people with names reacted: They could all see that the plan could maybe work, like destructor. Sure, most of them had apprehensions on how it might not work, but the nameds could see how it might work.

People like matt and ranger all thought it might out the power roles, something which, I maintain that only town without names could have thought of.

Eljcko's behaviour doesn't fit either the named or unnamed town profiles. In fact, if you read post 26, he sits on the fence, something which massive called him on earlier. He says he AGREES with what
matt
says, BUT he calls a name claim PRO-town, which is something matt obviously did not think. Then, after saying that a name-claim would be pro-town, he says he WOULDN'T go for it because a name-claim would be bad early on in the game, and he says that khel was asking for specific names, something which khel never asked for in any way.

That ended up sparking a confession where he says he misunderstood khel, but when he says what he thought khel actually meant, he STILL misunderstands what khel was saying - showing that he never saw things from khel's, or any of the named's eyes at all. In fact, now that I've reread everything, coolbot actually ends up agreeing with eljcko's misunderstanding of khel's view, and he ends up sparking an argument with khel in post 70. You can read khel's reply to coolbot and eljcko's view in post 77.

In fact, in light of all that, I'm more convinced now that Eljcko and coolbot are scum. I am going to
vote:eljcko
crazy_vlad
crazy_vlad
Townie
crazy_vlad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by crazy_vlad »

guys this day is taking already to long to follow for me.
today I'll post my final vote for day1
I'll try to read once again what's being said so far
anyway at this point I'm not sure on a vote, but I just can't stand to read much more on this day.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:14 pm

Post by Talitha »

I see that there is a case being made against eljcko but I don't have the enrgy to evaluate it right now. Will try and do that tomorrow. Sorry guys..

Did the mod delete a post of Matt's? What happened there? A brief explanation from someone who knows what is going on would be good.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by destructor »

I finished a second reread, and honestly, things didn't make a whole lot more sense the second time around. =D

I'm hearing the calls for the day to end and I'm agreeing, I just don't believe the evidence against Matt is tight enough to call him scum. I need to look over eljcko myself again, post by post because I'm suddenly unsure of myself, though I don't know why... =/
Talitha wrote:I wasn't given a name when i replaced in, and I assume that the other replacees don't have names either. This doesn't mean that people who are original players shouldnt claim... I will mull over that for a while.
Did you mull over it? What did you decide?
massive wrote:On a related note, however, Matt_S does not claim "unnamed" until after the theme gets pulled. Up until that point, he had merely said there was something in his PM that only vanilla townies would know. Can you read and infer that he's saying "we have no name?" It's possible. But it's also possible that he was hedging his bets and hoping that no one would keep pushing.
I don't understand why you're considering this. The way I'm reading this, you're suggesting that Matt was improvising a gambit, hoping that there
was
something in the townie PM that implied a mass name-claim wouldn't work. I guess it's possible, but not as likely as him actually not having a name, being vanilla and assuming all vanillas were like him, in my opinion.

Imat, is there a reason you left Khelvaster, Petunho, crazy_vlad and myself out of your list in Post 255?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:50 am

Post by massive »

destructor wrote:I don't understand why you're considering this. The way I'm reading this, you're suggesting that Matt was improvising a gambit, hoping that there
was
something in the townie PM that implied a mass name-claim wouldn't work. I guess it's possible, but not as likely as him actually not having a name, being vanilla and assuming all vanillas were like him, in my opinion.
I think (a) "vanilla townie" is the easiest scum fake claim to make, (b) good mods make sure that there is no "common thread" among generic role PMs that townies can use to clear each other, and (c) given the initial flavor of the game, "vanilla townie" is a very unlikely role to have.

But you think all the scum were given safeclaims, so I see why you think the opposite. Where's my eyeroll emoticon?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:55 am

Post by destructor »

Well, I think it's likely, because that's my experience with themed mini-games (SG:A Mafia and Vegetable Mafia).

With (c), do you mean "vanilla townie" as a role name, or as the generic role? I don't believe it would have been used as a role name, but I don't think anyone has suggested this so far.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:19 am

Post by massive »

No, I mean "vanilla townie" as in a generic role.
crazy_vlad
crazy_vlad
Townie
crazy_vlad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:08 am

Post by crazy_vlad »

ok I have three names on my final list. talitha, eljcko, coolbot.
the reasons were explained in my previous posts.
I'll sleep on the present list and announce my decision.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Matt_S »

Talitha wrote:Did the mod delete a post of Matt's? What happened there? A brief explanation from someone who knows what is going on would be good.
I said a little too much about my role pm I guess. I tried to explain where the whole "fellowship" thing came into my pm.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:07 am

Post by massive »

All right, FINE. The mod has obviously decided to continuously interject himself into this game so we don't lynch you, so let's move on.

unvote
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:15 am

Post by CoolBot »

When I last posted, Matt's post wasn't deleted. He paraphrased his role PM, apprently close enough to warrant mod action. So he's confirmed.

unvote: Matt_S
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by eljcko »

CoolBot wrote:
eljcko wrote:I think it would be a safe idea to say the fellowship is town.
I don't think anyone was saying otherwise. The question is whether the fellowship comprises the entire town, not whether the fellowship is town or not.
Ahhh I see. But i agree with qman, flavour does not matter anymore, just the roles (but I do believe some fellowship may be scum, or the game would be broken.)

@ting
I was against name claim because it would jeprodize the power roles. We don't want a bunch of people claiming vanilla, which happens to be very popular now, and then a couple players sitting back with there mouthes shout because they are town and it is not smart to lie. The power roles are screwed. The fact that I disagree with something pro-town is not a very good point to fool with either,(i saw the emphasis you put on the "contradiction".) I would consider myself a conservative, but I don't believe in the death penalty, a conservative belief.

When I misunderstood khel's idea, his is the thought process that happened. I read his posts and thought he wanted all the names to come forward (I did not read it carefully enough) instead of non-fellowship townies. I turned out to be wrong, so that screwed up my thought process, so I sounded wishy washy.

I would also like to say I have no link that I know of with coolbot. I would probably vote for him, but no one except ting was buying, so its not worth it. But, CoolBot, you were on both bandwagons, I will remember that. But you have stopped looking, so you are a bit vindicated in my book.

I will answer questions you have for me if you want more, anything to clear up muddy water towards me.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Imat »

Sorry, I was watching certain players at the time and really only had thoughts on them, at least, any specific thoughts. I'll read over your responses and finish up my list, hopefully I'll fine something more there than I found elsewhere...
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by shaka!! »

massive wrote:All right, FINE. The mod has obviously decided to continuously interject himself into this game so we don't lynch you, so let's move on.

unvote
Other than having MeMe strip the theme of the game that deleted post is all I've interjected with.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by ting =) »

@ting
I was against name claim because
it would jeprodize the power roles.
We don't want a bunch of people claiming vanilla, which happens to be very popular now, and then a couple players sitting back with there mouthes shout because they are town and it is not smart to lie. The power roles are screwed. The fact that I disagree with something pro-town is not a very good point to fool with either,(i saw the emphasis you put on the "contradiction".) I would consider myself a conservative, but I don't believe in the death penalty, a conservative belief.

When I misunderstood khel's idea, his is the thought process that happened. I read his posts and thought
he wanted all the names to come forward
I did not read it carefully enough) instead of non-fellowship townies. I turned out to be wrong, so that screwed up my thought process, so I sounded wishy washy.
I'm not buying this. Especially not the bold bit. That the power roles might be compromised by the name claim would only have come to people who had no names to begin with.

To people with names and who were of the opinion that everyone else had names, there would have been no way to single out who was a power role based simply on having a name.

And also: the italicized bit. You're still reading it wrong - that IS what khel wanted, all the names to come forward. He's already explained his plan since then, so I'm not going bother. But honestly, if only a few non-fellowship people chimed in with their names, how did you expect khel's plan work? His plan worked on the basis that 9 people claiming with names will out 3 people without names, or at least 3 people with bad names.

I'm keeping my vote.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:11 am

Post by destructor »

massive wrote:No, I mean "vanilla townie" as in a generic role.
You're saying that this game has no vanilla townies? I don't think I'm understanding you here...
CoolBot wrote:When I last posted, Matt's post wasn't deleted. He paraphrased his role PM, apprently close enough to warrant mod action. So he's confirmed.

unvote: Matt_S
I missed his post. Doesn't that sort of thing usually result in a modkill? Or was it something else?

This is confusing the shit out of me.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:24 am

Post by massive »

mod
: I disagree, I don't think anything should have been said about the makeup of the game, confirming or denying whether named or unnamed roles existed, which you did in post 42.

destructor
: I was saying that, yes, I could see this as being a game with no vanilla townies. I think that, in terms of the original set up and theme, that having a generic nameless vanilla townie is unusual. There are plenty of flavorful characters in the stories that you could assign a "name" to everyone, even if you don't give them an ability.

Unfortunately this means I need to reread the whole thing.
crazy_vlad
crazy_vlad
Townie
crazy_vlad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:25 am

Post by crazy_vlad »

ok. I've promised a vote.
vote talitha
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:40 am

Post by massive »

I agree with ting about eljcko. Eljcko goes from indicating unnamed townieness to indicating named (and Fellowship no less), then adamantly denying one way or the other. And now most recently has stated that we should move on from the flavor of the initial roles.

vote eljcko

I also think I have a read on what category ting fits into. I must be getting some of the ring rust off. =]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”