Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by Incognito »

I guess the thing that's interested me most about this game is the interesting dynamic that has formed now that the replacements have settled in and become familiar with the game. I'm not suggesting that any information could be drawn about possible scum pairings from these dynamics but it's still interesting nevertheless.

Gorgon (Claus list - Nice) seems to be on the side of kuribo (Claus list - Motr).
Hjallti (Claus list - Motr) seems to be on the side of Shteven (Claus list - Nice).
And then there's Jester who seems to be taking issue with Shteven, Hjallti, and Gorgon which completely breaks the dynamic at its center.

The other thing that's interested me is the impressions that I've had of the players since they've been replaced. Looking back on Ho1den's contribution, I could almost see why Ythill thought that Ho1den was solid town. Interestingly though now that Hjallti has entered the game in place of Ho1den, I just don't see that same level of solidity. I'm not saying that I find Hjallti scummy but some of his contribution has seemed somewhat strange to me. I can't tell if it's scummy or more likely to be a language issue. Before Jester entered the game I was almost certain that Apyadg was scum and now that Jester has caught up to speed, I'm really not so sure anymore.

I think the mod needs to place a deadline on this day so we could just reach a decision and learn more about people's alignments to go into Day 3.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

I've been thinking I need to do this for a while, and now I'm going to.

Deadline: Friday, March 7 at 8:00 PM Pacific Time

If a player has 3 or more votes at the time of the deadline, he will be lynched. In the event of a tie, no lynch will occur. If someone gets 5 votes before the deadline, he will be lynched as normal.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Shteven »

kuribo wrote:
Shteven wrote:I think I've exhausted just about everything I can say about kuribo - which is probably a good thing. We've already been a bit too verbose. Part of me knows I should probably be rereading other players, and another part of me wants other people do to it for me! /cough
Why? Too much attention drawn to you and now you can't be bothered to scumhunt?
If I was afraid of attention I wouldn't respond to everything that anyone has ever said to in the thread with a page full of text. I tend to be pretty complete when it comes to talking about myself.

I'd like to rate your comment as flamebait, if the forums supported that feature. But I'm really starting to wonder if scum would be so ballsy as to keep making such antagonistic, obviously questionable statements. Maybe it's just how you play, as Justin reminded us, you did claim to be aggressive from the start. I'm not certain who our scum are, but right now I'd be comfortable with a Kuribo or Xtoxm lynch, and since the deadline is a mere two days from now, I'll leave my vote on you unless Xtoxm's wagon takes off.

Everyone who isn't voting should at least fos someone asap so we can find out where the town stands. Detailed reads on every player, like the list I posted recently would also be helpful - remember two of us aren't going to be around day 3.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Gorgon »

I'm unfortunately pressed for time this week, but the least I can do is vote.

Vote: Xtoxm

As before, I'm not entirely convinced on Shteven, nor kuribo. I also note that Xtoxm hasn't posted here in quite a while, while remaining active in other games. In fact, I would like to have him prodded as well.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm here. It's all getting a bit heavy for me. 1 Justin is about as much as I can take.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Xtoxm »

unvote vote Shteven
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I basically can't enjoy the game anymore...There's too much text that I have to work my way through. :(
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Incognito »

Xtoxm, what do you think of Jester?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:38 am

Post by kuribo »

I know I said that I've had an epiphany about Xtoxm, but the last 3 posts throw my theory into deep doubt.

If you're actively monitoring the thread, why aren't you around? Do I have to keep pressure on you to keep you around?

And if you're not reading the posts, why are you voting?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Jester's play has been pretty good I think. I think Stheven is scum.

Maybe I am a good lynch, if it'll help you figure out who scum are. I get the feeling if I make it to lylo i'd be the play. Which is v bad for town.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Incognito »

Xtoxm wrote:Maybe I am a good lynch, if it'll help you figure out who scum are. I get the feeling if I make it to lylo i'd be the play. Which is v bad for town.
If you're town, what makes you think your lynch would help us figure out who the scum are?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Xtoxm »

A lot of people think i'm scummy, and a lot have been gunning for me. And I don't like games where's almost all the posts are large chunks of text.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Incognito »

Xtoxm wrote:A lot of people think i'm scummy, and a lot have been gunning for me. And I don't like games where's almost all the posts are large chunks of text.
I can understand the frustration of large blocks of text, but if you're town, your duty and obligation is to the town. Allowing yourself to be the lynch victim just to escape the frustration of large chunks of text seems like you're almost giving up in trying to help the town find scum. Unless of course you
are
scum and you've just given up on the game.

Further, not a lot of people find you scummy. kuribo has gone as far as to mention that he had an epiphany about you. I had my doubts about you from the opening of this Day and especially at the end of Day 1 but most people have kept an open mind about you. Jester hasn't mentioned much about you and even Gorgon began listing you as "looking more town" previously. This whole thing is beginning to seem like some appeal to emotion.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well it's not an appeal to emotion. I think Stheven is scum. I can actually see Jester being town now. Hold1en maybe as the partner.

I was enjoying this game but it's really gone out of it now. :(
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Incognito »

Tbh, there's something about Claus's list though that makes me think you might be town. I'm not 100% sure and it's something that I've been thinking about a lot but I'll elaborate on it a bit later.

My mind is telling me that Shteven might be the better lynch for today. I'm not sold on the case against kuribo, and I feel like he's town. There are a few things I didn't like about Jester's case against Shteven that I'll get into later but I feel like a Shteven lynch might reveal a good amount of information.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think Kuribo is the most strong town based on play. I'd be
very
surprised if he was scum. Obv you and SSK are confirmed town.

If you remember what Ythill said about the Claus-Justin affair, I think this shows very good on Justin.

That leaves Stheven, Jester and Holden/hjallti, Gorgon/charter. From my point of view.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Although I think the points made about Claus setting up Apy as the next lynch shows good on Jester. I could see Stheven paired with either of the other 2.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Shteven »

I can certainly sympathize over the post lengths being hard to read, but it's still a horrible reason to lynch someone over.

I am not all that close to a lynch, but I think I may be lynched and since the deadline's only 2 days away, I'll claim anyways. I'm only a townie, so it doesn't really throw any extra information out there that the scum can use. Of course, I assume most players already figured as much, since our doctor/vig are dead and our masons have claimed, I'd imagine we're pretty much all townies at this point.

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:50 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

First of all
Unvote,Vote:Shteven
. Here are my susp[icions for thsoe who are scum in this game.
First of all there's Shteven. The recent claim of his doesn't seem to be fully townieish. For instance how he says "I'd imagine we're all townies at this point" seems like he's trying to convince everyone that he really is a townie but yet he's actually scum. Also how in post 702 he actually is trying to sidestep the questions that are given to him.
Second of all there's Kuribo: I'll
FOS:Kuribo
because he seems agressive. However, this could be townie activity or scummish activity. But since he has stated that he said that he is aggressive previously I'll leave it at a FOS.
The third person up is Jester: I'd say that he's town. He has good reads on people and did a good comeback for his predescessor.
The next person is Xtoxm: I am getting a feeling on him that he might just be a self-pitying townie. He acts pretty lazy and that's okay.
My next person is Justin Playfair: I think my stances are still the same as the last post. He seems like the questionable Serial Killer.
The next person is Gorgon: I really don't have a good read on him at all. But fromt eh few posts he has done I'd say are pretty townish.
There's also Hajiti or whatever his name is: I thikn its the same read as Gorgon.
Then Incognito for the hell of it: Well I know he's town.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:19 am

Post by kuribo »

MafiaSSK wrote: He seems like the questionable Serial Killer.
You people are going to make my head explode.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Xtoxm »

kuribo wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote: He seems like the questionable Serial Killer.
You people are going to make my head explode.
Lol. Think it's probably best to wait and see if we reach a situation were 3 scum are dead and the game is ongoing or we get 2 kills at night.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Incognito »

SSK, seriously, I think you should give me your account password so I could play on your behalf if I'm NK'ed tonight.

Shteven, what are your feelings about Hjallti? It seems like you've both shared similar viewpoints since his arrival.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Incognito »

Unvote; Vote: Jester
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Shteven »

While Hjatli hasn't been around long enough for me to be certain, I'm generally willing to trust someone who's reads on people matches my own. Scum may try to buddy up to townies but if so it's likely to backfire on them as the pool of townies shrinks. So he's on my good side for now - I reserve a bit of skepticism, but I wouldn't lynch him today.

Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Shteven »

One last response to Kuribo's post 674 which I let slide initally:
Kuribo wrote:Newbie games are worthless as meta.
You must not have looked very carefully. For one, it's not my first game here, and secondly, it happened concurrently with this game. Ie, I was playing it these past weeks while I was playing here. So yes, it's exactly the same.

Back to more recent events: By my votecount, I'm at L-1. Damn. If I've learned anything, it's that I post too much ;)

Shteven - 4 (kuribo, Jester, Xtoxm, MafiaSSK)
Kuribo - 2 (Shteven, Hjallti)
Xtoxm - 1 (Gorgon)
Jester - 1 (Incognito

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”