Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Shteven »

This is where I'd usually post my advice for the town, broken down by each player, but well, I already did that last page. Please refer to that for serious content tommorow.

So...umm....pleasedon'tkillmepleasedon'tkillmepleasedon'tkillme. ;)
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

We are at the deadline, does someone want to hammer?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Nanosauromo wrote:I've been thinking I need to do this for a while, and now I'm going to.

Deadline: Friday, March 7 at 8:00 PM Pacific Time

If a player has 3 or more votes at the time of the deadline, he will be lynched. In the event of a tie, no lynch will occur. If someone gets 5 votes before the deadline, he will be lynched as normal.
Ah - Just noticed this. No hammer necessary. Was worried we would be forced into no lynch!
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Gorgon »

There's still plenty of time before the deadline. I still have doubts about Stheven, but at least he has claimed vanilla townie, so he is a 'safe' deadline lynch. I'm not sure there will be time to switch over to someone else, but I would support the lynch of Xtoxm or Hjallti in that case.

Incognito, why did you vote Jester? Not that he couldn't be scum ... but lately he's been looking better and better to me.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by kuribo »

I think that before Shteven's lynch, it would be good if our claimed masons said whatever they have to say, since one of them may not be with us for Day 3.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I thought it was EST rather than pacific time, still it's only an hour to go.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by kuribo »

Considering today is Thursday, we have about 25 hours to go.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by kuribo »

Unless you're from the future which makes you very suspicious to me. :(

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

LMAO!!!
Friday, March 7
Notice the subtle error.

I was working by date.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Oh, shit, it's gone midnight!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Dam these time differences! Curses!

I'm on GMT.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Incognito »

Gorgon wrote:Incognito, why did you vote Jester? Not that he couldn't be scum ... but lately he's been looking better and better to me.
Basically I just can't shake the feeling that I may have been wrong about Apyadg. I'll admit Jester looks fairly pro-town with his analyses and contribution thus far but there's the possibility that perhaps Jester is just really good at being scum while Apyadg wasn't.

So in short, my vote was placed not because of Jester's contribution but because of his predecessor's. I also wanted to see how people would react to the unexplained vote but it didn't seem to do much unfortunately.

Just a quick note on Xtoxm:

My reason for feeling like Xtoxm might be town has to do with this portion of Claus's list:
Claus wrote:
Kuribo
: Kuribo started well, and I though his initial analysis good, even if I didn't agree with some of his points (Suspicion of Ythill, loving JP). His last few posts, however, drew a WTF from me: Fishing for Direction - what is that? Xtomx is scum because he agreed about voting someone he already FoS'ed?
I just feel like this analysis on kuribo wasn't made to defend his potential scumbuddy (Xtoxm) but instead to plot two townies (yes, I'm leaning town on kuribo) against one another in an arguing match or to potentially set up a future case against kuribo. This post by Claus to me just seems like a buddy-up attempt to Xtoxm especially coupled with his favorable analysis of Xtoxm's play.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Shteven »

Well, as Kuribo doesn't seem to be getting lynched, I'll make a last ditch attempt to suggest Xtoxm.

Vote: Xtoxm

If this seems scummy, keep in mind I have 100% confidence that I'm the wrong lynch.

Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:55 am

Post by Hjallti »

kuribo wrote:Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:58 am Post subject: 731 Reply with quote
Considering today is Thursday, we have about 25 hours to go.
Xtoxm, you are right it was posted on friday for us, but still it was a mistake.

1. Shteven Northjayhawk
Seems town to me, but we will know soon I guess.

2. Incognito
mason

3. MafiaSSK
mason

4. Gorgon charter
More and more he is leaning to the scummy side of the road, but I want to see more of him.

5. Xtoxm
middle of the road, I can't read his playstyle to good. Claus calling him consistent and solid is inaccurate. If Claus was thinking of dying soon it was probably buddying up with a townie but at that point Claus won't have expected to be killed that fast.

6. kuribo Natude
still attacks anyone who dares to disagree on his so envisioned nonSKtheory. Finds lineup considerations not a part of game but keeps on commenting on them (hypocrite??) and even votes shteven for assuming 3 scum.

7. Justin Playfair
Middle of the road: I can't read him that good.

8. Jester Apyadg
Apyadg was a newbie, Jester gives views on everyone in lenghty post, I consider tha playstyle, others consider that a towntell.
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:31 am

Post by kuribo »

Hjallti wrote:
6. kuribo Natude
still attacks anyone who dares to disagree on his so envisioned nonSKtheory. Finds lineup considerations not a part of game but keeps on commenting on them (hypocrite??) and even votes shteven for assuming 3 scum.
Yes, that's exactly why I'm voting Shteven.

:roll: in case you missed the heavy sarcasm there.

Alternatively, you're glossing over everything else and trying to minimize any argument I have.

FOS: Hjallti

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:36 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Natude never said anyhting, you don't need to include his name in Kuribo's analysis.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Incognito »

Mod:
Could you like push the deadline back a little, send out prods so we could get everyone's final thoughts, and then go from there? =)
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Incog, who is inactive atm?

I think we have everyone.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:29 am

Post by Incognito »

Johnson and Johnson... errr. I mean Justin and Jester.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Shteven »

I approve of not killing me immediately, of course, an extension probably wouldn't change that result. Get in your not-Shteven votes now!

/wave

Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:52 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

Hjallti,

Nearly every post you’ve made since you entered has rung alarm bells for me.

Just a few things:

Suggesting that a (theoretical) cop use his investigation on a (reasonably acceptably) claimed mason is directing the (theoretical) cop’s actions, even if you include a caveat. What town purpose do you believe would be served by using the night two investigation on a claimed (and confirmed by claimed partner) mason?

Can you in any way justify with pertinent quotes the following statement with Kuribo’s actual actions?
Hjallti wrote:Asks fot Xtomx to claim SK. This is really unhelpful for town and distracting. kuribo is in my eyes the one that continues the discussion about SK and is distracting town here
This also bothers me quite a bit:
Hjallti wrote:@kuribo, could you clearify why you treath the two statements allow so different (zie comments regarding 7-10)?
"Never claim unless as last resort"
"A not counterclaimed power role should not be lynched"
Because Kuribo pointed out that day two would sort out Ythill. He was not pushing for a day one Ythill lynch. You even quote Kuribo’s post about this later and morph lynching the power role into attacking the power role. By that same token I also broke the rules above on day one, probably worse than Kuribo did, but you haven’t found my doing so strange.

If Shteven turns up town a lot of people are probably going to be looking pretty closely at Kuribo tomorrow. But what you’ve done today is exactly what I would expect you to do if you knew Shteven was town, setting up his accuser for tomorrow. So if we are making a bad lynch, Hjallti, it won’t be Kuribo I look at first.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:09 am

Some quick thoughts, just in case.

If Shteven comes up town tomorrow grill Hjallti and Jester. They both coasted behind a bigger target today, Jester behind Kuribo, Hjallti behind Shteven. And please take a very close look at Xtoxm, because this would have been the second mislynch for which he was the primary cheerleader.

If Shteven comes up scum don’t reflexively jump on Hjallti, because I don’t think a scum Hjallti would be clumsy enough to play as he has today if Shteven was his scum partner. This is a little tougher, but Gorgon might be a good place to look first.

If both MafiaSSK and Incognito are alive tomorrow and Shteven is town…

If there is a cop out there, maybe tomorrow night’s investigation should be one of them.
If there isn’t a cop, town mislynches again tomorrow, and MafiaSSK and Incognito are still alive the following morning, it might be time to reevaluate Jester’s notion of stringing up MafiaSSK. At the very least, the intact pair of them should not be allowed to make it to endgame.

Hopefully none of the above advice will be necessary.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:30 am

So, Shteven,

I hunted you as hard as I’ve ever hunted anyone in the first try at the New C9. And it was for pretty much the same sort of scum tells that you’re showing here. And you were the doctor. But even so, there are some things you have done over the last part of your defense that I can’t quite add together to make four.
Shteven wrote:I'd like to rate your comment as flamebait, if the forums supported that feature. But I'm really starting to wonder if scum would be so ballsy as to keep making such antagonistic, obviously questionable statements. Maybe it's just how you play, as Justin reminded us, you did claim to be aggressive from the start. I'm not certain who our scum are, but right now I'd be comfortable with a Kuribo or Xtoxm lynch, and since the deadline is a mere two days from now, I'll leave my vote on you unless Xtoxm's wagon takes off.
See, the whole of your case against Kuribo seems to be that he’s suspicious of you in ways you don’t like. I don’t like some of them either, but if you look at patterns they are in line with his previous play and it is hard to see his previous play as having benefits for scum. In fact the only things either you or Hjallti have put into play against Kuribo are either extremely questionable interpretations of past events or based on him coming after you. Now this may be a play style issue, but I don’t discount all return attacks on accusers. I do, however, largely discount return attacks on accusers that are based pretty completely on the fact that they are accusing you.

I also absolutely hate the last line of the above quote. What this says to me is that you’ll move your vote to whoever gives you the best chance of surviving. I appreciate that when you’re on defense the way you’ve been it can be difficult to find the time or energy to scum hunt, but that doesn’t excuse what I see in that last bit. It seems to portray the most opportunistic survival strategy, and that just doesn’t play as town behavior to me.

And here’s the thing. Even though you got pretty OMGUSy against me in the new C9, you never got to the point of casting a vote on me. In this game you’ve thrown votes back at both Ythill and Kuribo. I didn’t really pick up on that day one with Ythill because I was so suspicious of Ythill it made sense to me that anyone would vote for him. But now it’s two in a row. And the thing is, neither of them went as hard against you here before you voted them as I did there.
Shteven wrote:Well, as Kuribo doesn't seem to be getting lynched, I'll make a last ditch attempt to suggest Xtoxm.

Vote: Xtoxm

If this seems scummy, keep in mind I have 100% confidence that I'm the wrong lynch.
Even then I’m not sure I would be willing to pull the lever without this last jump to Xtoxm. Because there’s no way to identify you switching your vote to him as anything but looking for an acceptable target. It does seem scummy to me. Maybe you’re just a selfish townie, but at this point I’m having a hard time believing it. Being 100% sure you’re the wrong lynch is no reason to jump your vote to someone based on them being an easy target.

I’m not going to hammer you now because I’ll honor Incognito’s request that Jester be given a chance to chime in, but I’ll be checking the thread again before deadline.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Incognito »

Justin Playfair wrote:Some quick thoughts, just in case.

If Shteven comes up town tomorrow grill Hjallti and Jester. They both coasted behind a bigger target today, Jester behind Kuribo, Hjallti behind Shteven. And please take a very close look at Xtoxm, because this would have been the second mislynch for which he was the primary cheerleader.

If Shteven comes up scum don’t reflexively jump on Hjallti, because I don’t think a scum Hjallti would be clumsy enough to play as he has today if Shteven was his scum partner. This is a little tougher, but Gorgon might be a good place to look first.
These are pretty much my exact same thoughts as well. I still feel like Jester might be a better lynch today than Shteven but it seems like it's too late to change everyone's minds.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Nanosauromo »

The deadline has been reached!
Final Day 2 Vote Count!

Shteven - 4 (kuribo, Jester, Xtoxm, MafiaSSK)
Xtoxm - 1(Gorgon)
Kuribo - 2(Shteven, Hjallti)
Jester - 1(Incognito)

The townsfolk, after much debating, dragged Shteven up onto the gallows and hung him. As it turned out, he was indeed a member of the mafia.

It is now Night 2. Night choices are due by 8:00 PM Pacific time on Monday, March 10.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/nanosauromo[/url]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”