2, Matt_s
-
Khelvaster, Talitha

2, Talitha
-
Qman, crazy_vlad

Not Voting:
7, Petunho, Matt_S, eljcko, crazy_vlad, Imat, massive, Coolbot

I'll wait for a new vote count before joining back in.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by destructor »

massive wrote:
destructor
: I was saying that, yes, I could see this as being a game with no vanilla townies. I think that, in terms of the original set up and theme, that having a generic nameless vanilla townie is unusual. There are plenty of flavorful characters in the stories that you could assign a "name" to everyone, even if you don't give them an ability.
I get a feeling maybe I have a different idea of what a vanilla townie is. My understanding of what it means to be 'vanilla' is that you have no abilities besides your vote. I didn't think it made a difference whether you had a name or not. When Matt claimed vanilla, I just assumed that was his
role
but that this didn't have any bearing on his
rolename
. Is this different from what you thought?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

destructor wrote:
I wrote: I wasn't given a name when i replaced in, and I assume that the other replacees don't have names either. This doesn't mean that people who are original players shouldnt claim... I will mull over that for a while.
Did you mull over it? What did you decide?
I didn't really bother mulling over it no, because the idea seemed to be dismissed by others.

unvote: Matt_S

vote: Crazy_vlad
- annoyance mainly, and I am still too brain-dead to properly evaluate the case on eljcko. (But i have a weekend coming up - this will be a priority.)
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:15 am

Post by massive »

destructor wrote:I get a feeling maybe I have a different idea of what a vanilla townie is. My understanding of what it means to be 'vanilla' is that you have no abilities besides your vote. I didn't think it made a difference whether you had a name or not. When Matt claimed vanilla, I just assumed that was his
role
but that this didn't have any bearing on his
rolename
. Is this different from what you thought?
No, I agree with your assessment of "vanilla" -- that it means that you are a generic townsperson with no ability except your vote. When Matt_S claimed "vanilla", I assumed that he was vanilla but still with flavor (vanilla-flavored, if you will) because, honestly, what's the point of theming a game if you're going to be lazy and not theme that one last role? Finding out he was claiming to be vanilla AND unflavored is what led me down his path at the start. It didn't make sense to me.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by destructor »

I'm trying to finally get my head around the unnamed thing. I thought by unnamed Matt meant something along the lines of "generic unnamed inhabitant of middle earth" as opposed to a named main character, but as I reread the early sections I can see how someone could have thought that. Since he's apparently confirmed, he role
is
completely unnamed. I wasn't expecting that.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by ting =) »

Crazy vlad, why the talitha vote?

----

Can anyone here confirm for certain that we have named-nonfellowship people? All we have, as far as I can tell, is Coolbot's word. Well, coolbot's half-word, he mentioned that he wouldn't confirm or deny either way.

I'd like to know because he never mentioned named-nonfellowship until massive asked if it was possible.
crazy_vlad
crazy_vlad
Townie
crazy_vlad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:45 pm

Post by crazy_vlad »

@ ting =) please reread my post 188. reread also carefully the messages of the initial person which has been replaced by her.
I have to admit that I still have some suspicions on eljcko and cool bot, but I had to make a choice, and listen in the end my intuition. I'm not trying to start a new bandwagon. everyone must think for himself. but I really don't have the nerves to be blocked in this day for long. too many have been said and its already very difficult to make a choice.
I pushed for debates and I opposed to L-2 lynching situations but at least for me this day is already taking to long.
If in the end most of you will go for eljcko lets say I change my vote because I also have some suspicion in that direction. But for now I'm ok with it.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:58 am

Post by CoolBot »

Qman wrote:for f's sake quit with the followship talk the flvor is gone, and frnkly you can always have a traitor in the ranks. Ruling people out over role pm claims that don't matter anymore (Or conviting then for it) is just bullshit.
I don't like this post by Qman. He's trying to get the town to throw out useful information without any good reason. He could be scum trying to cover up a weakness. His vote on Talitha was not well reasoned, either.

vote: Qman
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:58 am

Post by CoolBot »

Oh, and ting, stop fishing. I'm not going to tell you what my role is.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:18 am

Post by massive »

I find that question very interesting, ting, because here in my notes it says "ting: not Fellowship" ... guess I ought to look back and find what made me think that, but I bet I got some more questions now.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Vote ting

Not that I don't appreciate your help, but you seriously are trying to get a lot of info about everyone's roles. I'd personally prefer to drop the name thing since it's no longer a part of the game, and there's better things to figure out than if someone's a named non-fellowship.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Qman »

CoolBot wrote:
Qman wrote:for f's sake quit with the followship talk the flvor is gone, and frnkly you can always have a traitor in the ranks. Ruling people out over role pm claims that don't matter anymore (Or conviting then for it) is just bullshit.
I don't like this post by Qman. He's trying to get the town to throw out useful information without any good reason. He could be scum trying to cover up a weakness. His vote on Talitha was not well reasoned, either.

vote: Qman
It is bullshit, the flavor has been stripped and I'm more than willing to accept the possibility that the "fellowship" isn't all pro-town. Everyone else seems to dismiss the idea of a traitor out of hand. Ergo, I find most of the debate over fellowship/non fellowship/named/unnamed useless, infuriating, and out and out bullshit. You aren't going to change that. This is a
Normal
Mini I'm going to treat it as such.

As for the vote...
Voting for someone that just wants to end the day, and doesn't care if we lynch a townie or scum. Yeah that's not a good reason to vote someone. Why didn't I know that? DAMN MY POOR SCUM THOUGHTS!
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:33 pm

Post by ting =) »

@crazy_vlad. Okay.

@Matt, Massive. I ask because I'm still suspicious of coolbot. I dropped him from my scumlist and had him as 'don't know' because his actions would make sense if he was named-nonfellowship. However, if named non-fellowship doesn't exist, then that would make coolbot scum to me. It's not role-fishing, I'm asking so I can decide what to make of coolbot.

@coolbot. Not rolefishing. I can respect your wanting to not tell though.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Qman wrote:Voting for someone that just wants to end the day, and doesn't care if we lynch a townie or scum. Yeah that's not a good reason to vote someone. Why didn't I know that? DAMN MY POOR SCUM THOUGHTS!
Calm down. A vote isn't the end of the world. And where did Talitha ever say she didn't care whether we lynch scum or town?
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:26 pm

Post by Qman »

CoolBot wrote:
Qman wrote:Voting for someone that just wants to end the day, and doesn't care if we lynch a townie or scum. Yeah that's not a good reason to vote someone. Why didn't I know that? DAMN MY POOR SCUM THOUGHTS!
Calm down. A vote isn't the end of the world. And where did Talitha ever say she didn't care whether we lynch scum or town?
It's my interpretation of the two following posts:
Talitha wrote:What do you want discussion on? How about posing some questions or something? Otherwise how is your unvote helping the discussion to move along? You gotta be proactive or the game will drag on, the mod will set a deadline and 9 times out of 10 a hapless townie will be lynched.

I prefer to miss out all the dragggging out of nothing and just head straight to the lynching of the hapless townie (or the hapless scum, if we get lucky.)
Talitha wrote:And i think we gotta move on before 7 more players drop out. It's been a month. Seriously, game days drag on far too long.

I don't want to lynch Matt just for information. I think there's a good chance he's scum. But I concede there's also a good chance he's a townie. That's mafia. I've learnt that it's often good play on day one to go ahead and lynch someone who claims townie. This way you don't risk bandwagonning a doctor or useful town role and make them claim, only to switch back to the townie having blown their cover and gained nothing.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:11 pm

Post by Talitha »

You are going a bit too far to say I don't care whether we lynch town or scum. But even if you were right (you're not), that still wouldn't make me scum, because a scum would
definitely
care whether we lynch town or scum.

Your case against me seems opportunistic and not very thoughtful. You're on the list, Qman.

~~~

I decided to read over because I didn't feel that I have a very good handle on this game. I didn't finish yet, but I am definitely seeing the possibility that eljcko could be scum

Crazy_vlad is more of a question mark, and not on the scum list yet.

unvote: Crazy_vlad
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:30 pm

Post by Qman »

Talitha wrote:You are going a bit too far to say I don't care whether we lynch town or scum. But even if you were right (you're not), that still wouldn't make me scum, because a scum would
definitely
care whether we lynch town or scum.

Your case against me seems opportunistic and not very thoughtful. You're on the list, Qman.
Fine with me. Until I find something that warrants moving it my votes on you. I doubt it'll end the day there, but I don't have a better place to put it right now.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Mert replaces Petunho.

Effective immediately.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by Talitha »

I am still reading over and just wanted to mention my amusement at the discussion on whether Matt was given a safe-claim of 'vanilla townie'.

I can see the role PM now... "You are Saruman. Your safe-claim is, well, it's a townie with no name. Hope that helps. Love, the mod."

(OK, I guess it is remotely possible. But I like my desperate-attempt-to-foil-game-breaking-mass-claim explanation better. Anyway we've moved on from Matt now, so this is all irrelevant. Sorry.)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:11 am

Post by Talitha »

Qman: Why do you insist on throwing away any information that we can get from the themed origins of this game? And why are you so angry at the players who want to use all the information we have to find scum? I'm in the same position as you being a replacement with no role name or flavour, and I can relate a little to your frustration, but I still can't understand the fierceness of your attitude.

GSGold
petunho
Mert obviously got such a terrible role that it is practically unplayable. what's so bad about your role that people keep leaving because of it, Mert?

I have read over now and very nearly voted for the current bandwagon.
Eljcko: After 12 pages, who do you think are the scum in this game?
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:37 am

Post by ting =) »

No time to post now, but like talitha's last post.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:28 am

Post by ting =) »

Okay, I have some time now, and I'd like to clarify my last post a bit. I especially like her asking for Eljko's opinion. It just hit me that we haven't heard from him in a while, he's been quiet of late.

I also like what she's said about Qman. I do not like what she said about gsgold/petunho. That's a bit of a stretch.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:22 am

Post by massive »

ting =) wrote:Can anyone here confirm for certain that we have named-nonfellowship people? All we have, as far as I can tell, is Coolbot's word. Well, coolbot's half-word, he mentioned that he wouldn't confirm or deny either way.

I'd like to know because he never mentioned named-nonfellowship until massive asked if it was possible.
Which should have told you that I, too, had a named-non-Fellowship role. I mean, I asked enough questions about it. ;-)
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Qman »

Talitha wrote:I am still reading over and just wanted to mention my amusement at the discussion on whether Matt was given a safe-claim of 'vanilla townie'.

I can see the role PM now... "You are Saruman. Your safe-claim is, well, it's a townie with no name. Hope that helps. Love, the mod."
*snort laugh* Okay for making me laugh in the middle of my Economics class I'll
vote unvote
for now. That's frickken hilarious.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Qman »

Numbers added by me
Talitha wrote: Qman:
1.) Why do you insist on throwing away any information that we can get from the themed origins of this game?
2.) And why are you so angry at the players who want to use all the information we have to find scum?
3.) I'm in the same position as you being a replacement with no role name or flavour, and I can relate a little to your frustration, but I still can't understand the fierceness of your attitude.
1.) I don't want us to toss the info we have, I believe that the info that people are working off of is faulty. A good number of people wanted to string up Matt S based on the flavor and it's interactions with what he said, and now he's the closest thing you can get to mod confirmed. Color me wary.

2.) I guess it's mostly because when I first started to read through the flavor was gone but everyoe was refering to this damn fellowship/non stuff. It took me three weeks to actually read a 9 page game because of the lack of flavor to mix with the posts. Eventually I asked the mod what the hell was going on and he said to ignore the fellowship stuff. So I've tried to do so. I also feel that claiming names that have been striped from the game isn't really all that valueable. On top of that I think people are just assumeing all the fellowship is town (which is just dumb) and have blinders in focusing on the striped theme info. I tend to be a stickler for little things and for some reason this has really stuck in my craw.

3.) I don't think I'm nearly as angry as I'm coming across. I'm incredibly frustrated with my inability to process the first few pages of the game because of the lack of flavor text that the other players drew from. It's really f'ing with my head for reasons I can't quite explain.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”