Newbie 569: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:14 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

It was a very honest & brutal way of sharing my feelings at this stage of the game, I havent ruled anyone being town or scum at this stage all I have to try and put people close to either are reasons and there are resons to put anyone in either camp. Honestly if I had a no vote cast and anyone was at 3 votes then I would hammer just to get to day two. I also think both our ICs have been of very limited help so far in the game, and that leads me to the suspicion that at least one of them is scum or has a power role, otherwise I see no reason for them not to try and help town to win.
rollandgarros wrote:Oh well I'm letting you newbs play it out and I'll only step in when absolutely necessary.

I personaly dont like this quote at all, doesn't sound like a happy scum hunting townie to me. What is when absolutely necessary from the towns point of view and what is when absolutely necessary from a scums point of view?
From towns point of view it would be as much as possible to help us catch scum
From scums point of view it would be once in awhile to say something of not much note to let the noobs get on with it

unvote

vote:rolandgarros
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

It can be taken both ways vampire. You can say as much as possible to seem as pro-town as possible, and yet saying a lot doesn't mean anything. You can say something of not much note and let the noobs get on with it and still that doesn't mean either way. I notice that you say a lot and keep things moving, but do you say too much? Speaking little doesn't have to mean anything. Its your newbs game, I'll only step in when you need a question or when there's something I feel the need to comment upon. Otherwise, all your loudness and pity arguments that don't say anything mean absolutely nothing to me, as they convey absolutely no info, or at least less than what you are making it out to be. The motives behind certain actions, however, are very interesting.

unvote:CF
until further notice.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:31 pm

After rereading everything im happy to keep it there and I suspect either Qx or sonic as your partner, Qx more than sonic so I dont mind a lynch on Qx, ha perhaps you could vote Qx for me roland then I can hammer. Yes leave it to the noobs indeed.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:44 am

I must apologize for my rather degenerative posting about wanting to kill everyone but I thought I would throw in some slightly strange remarks as scum bait to see who picked it up. I also threw some in post 225 ("Honestly if I had a no vote cast and anyone was at 3 votes then I would hammer just to get to day two.")

As I see it scum are looking harder than anyone else to find reasons to throw suspicion on townies (as they want to look genuine when they do) a sort of treasure hunt if you like, when something is found they get excited and think how can I use this to my evil advantage. Note: Qx and roland both picked it up (3 others all overlooked it) even though I had no votes and didn't even register on anyones list.

I belive we are at the most crucial point of the game so far (deciding on the lynch for day one) and roland has avoided posting comments even after each top three suspect gave a defence and only posted when proded. (Don't mention claus his last game post was in this one and he is away in Hawaii for vacation).
rolandgarros wrote:all your loudness and pity arguments that don't say anything mean absolutely nothing to me, as they convey absolutely no info, or at least less than what you are making it out to be.
This in response to a vote.........one vote.
roandgarros wrote:The motives behind certain actions, however, are very interesting.
Yes indeed they are.

Qx the scum buddy (of roland), who as I see it has been creating a buddy relationship with claus (thanks to the initial suspicions of chickenfish) with comments like:
Quitex wrote:You have misrepresented myself and Claus fully. But I wont talk about Claus, he should be independent enugh to cover his back.
Quitex wrote:Nice to see you back Claus. Can't wait for yer long post. How was yer trip?
Quitex wrote:But if Claus is scum? Let me tell you that the most pro-town player in this game has been Claus, mostly because he's one of the ICs but I guess his pro-townish behavior is very natural and not intnetional (intentional as "I'm scum! I must act pro-townish")
Quitex wrote:Can we get a Prod on Claus?
All this I see as a ruse to try and reinforce chickenfishs already well voiced theory, as this started around the time Qx became a top lynch candidate. If we lynched Qx then going back over his posts he left these gems for us to suspect claus as his scum partner not roland.

Looking back over Qxs posts I stumbled across this which made me laugh a great deal
Quitex wrote:If you're really concerned about winning this game we should vote as a whole,
Quitex wrote:Vote: Sonic.
Reason: Team work, lynching a scum.
Seems that voting as a whole/team work would be very bad for you right now.

Now the references between roland and Qx are there but sometimes rather subtle so heres a list of em:
Quitex wrote:People I have NO idea about.
Roland. I know your style, kid. I know you're a silent killer. But, I have to give you the benefit of the doubt now. This is a new game and I guess you could have changed.
Quitex wrote:but we could use some little bit more participation from roland and batt, even though I know roland's style is to remail quiet unless something is very very itchy or unless something must been told.
Quitex wrote:Roland is ok. I know his gamestyle and I know he is town. If he does not get lynched/killed, he will give an amazing day 2.
Quitex wrote:Let me add some points:
Claus told that one clear scumtell from myself is to tell that I think that Roland is town. Well, I really think he is town. Reasons? Maybe not as active as we would want to, but when he comes he makes good questions and give acceptable answers. Also he questions what he does not like. Any more townish than that? No bluff posts, no OMGUSing, no WIFOM posts....
rolandgarros wrote:With regards to quitex's last vote, looking back on the points he made as well as the points others have made and my own conclusion, I think that his move is quite aggressive, but we can probably get results from it.
rolandgarros wrote:Its quite a double standard. With the discussion that's gone on since QX's last post, his gambit has quite in fact canceled itself out. Someone mentioned that by stating that possibility in 3c, then the no one will hammer, and I do think that is quite a valid point. The flaw that I saw is only one flaw I saw at the time, and for the most part I think his gambit is basically invalidated. With that, I don't think that Quitex is surely scum enough to warrant a vote, but he is up there on my list of consideration.
rolandgarros wrote:Yes, vampire, and the fact that Quitex unvoted effectively nullifies the gambit. However, we can make a judgment from this unvoting.
rolandgarros wrote:Roland's Long Awaited List of Suspicion
1. CF
2. Quitex (in a close 2nd)
3. Sonic
rolandgarros wrote:Quitex's first gambit is null-and-void, and I don't think it should be brought up for discussion again, as look where its brought us. Absolutely nowhere. Nothing but emotion and facetious remarks. As for my final opinion on it, I do not see his move as pro-town or anti-town. It was neither. It had a flaw that he clearly stated himself, therefore the gambit canceled itself out. It helps neither town nor scum.
rolandgarros wrote:As for why CF beats out QX, but only barely, in my list, CF just seems very cloudy in his posts, more so than QX. His posts have a lot of words, but ultimately mean nothing. He says a lot trying to defend himself, but its not convincing me at all. To me he seems to try pretty hard to get the suspicion off of himself, even more so than QX.
rolandgarros wrote:Quitex that's not helping your case at all. All has not been told, all you've said so far is quite useless because it is nothing but emotion and a response to CF's emotion. It doesn't tell us anything. All I'm asking for is one clear post defending your position. Its up to you to figure out what you're defending yourself from.
So have a read and have a think about all this guys.
Im still happy to lynch Qx and bring down the hammer but for now I will wait for responses.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:13 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
sonickid01 (2): Quitex, Claus
Quitex (1): Chickenfish
rolandgarros (1): thevampireofdusseldorf

Not voting (3): Battousai, sonickid01, rolandgarros

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:19 am

Post by Quitex »

Mod: Batt has a vote on me.
Yes, it's me Hugging Christina Aguilera (Avatar by Amyxlala, a friend of mine wooo)
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Quitex »

Ok, I am calling BIg BULLSHIT on you, Vampire.
Stop trying to make me look even scummeir by telling that being polite with Claus is a sign of scummyness.
I will adress post # 228.

First quote: Claus, and everyone here, should and must be independent enouhg to cover their backs, not as CF and Sonic teamed to defend themselves esrly in the game.
Second quote: Something called "politeness" tells you something?
Third quite: Ok, so we can tell who is the most scummy but we can't say who is the most pro-towny?

As you did, then I call for a vote. For the 3 most pro-town players in this game. The vote can't include yourself as part of the list.

My list is: a) Claus, b) Vampire c) Roland

Fourth quote: He is away, it's VERY fair for me to ask him to be prodded. As my memory goes he told he was going for a trip but coming back around wednesday. If not, excuse me. But that's what I remember.

About the voting as a whole/team work: Yes, it'd work very badly for me, but if that's what most people wants, I will still fight against it, but I will accept a lynch if you're too convinced I am the scum which I am not.
Why did it made you laugh? Just because I was supporting my case againt CF-Sonic and trying to get more people to support me?

So, you must then conclude, that a scumpair is on CF-Sonic as well. If you're going to link us in that way, it's ok, no one stops you from thinking like that, but also see other subtle things going on within other people in this game.

My question is: You've linked me to Claus and to Roland. Who do you really think is my scumpartner, if magically I turn out to not being town anymore but scum? And, If I start complimenting someone else, will that makes the other guy my possible scump?

Well let me tell you, Vampire, that you've been the most amazing player. You've been agressive, clever and hard-working. You are the only player I can think of that is not a scum. You're soooo nice and your posts makes so much sense!!!! Also, wow, the scum list was soooo a good idea, you know! It makes me feel good that the town is getting leaded by someone so talented and so deserving as you. *High Five*
Unvote:
Vote: Vampire.
Yes, it's me Hugging Christina Aguilera (Avatar by Amyxlala, a friend of mine wooo)
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:38 am

Post by Quitex »

To clarify: Yes, the last post is what I feel the best. Yes, a scum can be pro-town sometimes. So the fact that he is in my list of the most pro-town players doesn't mean that he's inmune to the scum-infection that 2 people in this game has.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:48 am

Post by Battousai »

Quitex wrote:
I tend to disect their moves into why would they do that if they were scum or townie until I am content in thinking they are town or scum.
Point me 3 times where I did not acted like a normal town would.
You missinterpreted me. I meant from that post is that if someone seems like scum then I disect their posts from both angles, if they were town or if they were scum and try and see why they posted that or didn't post something.

But to respond to your request:

post 46
, starting to pair people up already on page 2 day 1. Pairing is an evil of the game when played very early. It tends to get newbies and sometimes ICs to compare both people. And if one of them acts scummy, the other seems to appear a little scummy to that player. In some cases, scum even like to pair themselves up with townies just to lynch that townie. Then they get a little credit when the results show up.

post 86
Quitex wrote:....So you saying it happened before its a LIE. I dare you to vote him now and keep that vote for a whole 48 hours or so, as I did. Then, you can bask, pee, poo, and whatever you want on my face.
And, at the end, what's the deal?
If you're really concerned about winning this game
we should vote as a whole
and we're not focusing in the people we need to focus. Due to my gamestyle, I wont be surprised if I get killed my scums in night 1, if not lyched by you ignorant people that aren't able to see the truth.
Vampire wrote:I have a pro town feeling about CF and a hard decision about Sonic as new/confused town or possible scum.
So care to explain me that pro-town feeling?
And as I said before, team work is what we need. What about if I vote for sonic, would you consider voting for him as well, seeing that we both have some suspicions on him?
Also, why vote for me if I've been the one who has brought up more information that anyone else, leading me to be the more pro town player here?

Vote: Sonic.

Reason: Team work, lynching a scum.
Note the bolded parts. At post 86, you were all for the same thing your against vampire of doing earlier on this page. Inconsistancy in your favor.

Then there's your gambit, which was clearly illogical and voided from the time you posted it. I see that as scum trying to appear very townie by trying a bold gambit, but also possibly making sure your partner doesn't accidentally fall for it.
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:54 am

Post by Quitex »

Voting as a whole =/= Bandwagoning. He clearly placed my vote since I was the one most popular to be voted out, when I placed my vote and asked your help, two different scenarios.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Battousai »

the previous post was meant to be post 224, but people posted before I was done.
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Quitex »

that's a big delay, baby.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Battousai »

Ya, I was in the middle of writing it when company came over. I didn't feel like rewritting it or only posting 3/4 of it so I left the computer on the 'post reply' page.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:34 am

@Qx, roland is your scum partner and as I said the link between you and claus is a ruse.
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Quitex »

@Qx, roland is your scum partner and as I said the link between you and claus is a ruse.
Wow, where you got that super classified information, that I was not even awared of?
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:45 am

I'm rather lost agian by you Qx you say I am one of the most pro town players but you vote for me then add
Quitex wrote:To clarify: Yes, the last post is what I feel the best. Yes, a scum can be pro-town sometimes. So the fact that he is in my list of the most pro-town players doesn't mean that he's inmune to the scum-infection that 2 people in this game has.
So I can be one of the most protown players but also be a scum who wants to kill the town............ok I wont argue with that. It seems to me like a very tenuous reason to vote for me but when you havent got much to go on you use whatever you can come up with.
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:@Qx, roland is your scum partner and as I said the link between you and claus is a ruse.
This kind of assuming is very dangerous for the town. We're partners because I say his name a lot? Because I talk about him in my posts? Iunno what to say about that "/

I'll refuse to vote until I hear Claus' opinion, that way everyone's opinion is accounted for and we won't rush a lynch without the consultation of the other IC. Not that I have a clear suspect in mind anyways.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Battousai »

vamp, I think he meant that you act the most protown, but you are scum. Concerning roland, this is how he plays as IC, according to someone else on an earlier page. He sits back and lets the noobs play. I believe it was the other IC claus who said this. I find your recent vote on him suspicious.

QX, first you claim that either cf or sonic is scum, but out of defense you go after a protown acting person with a vote. Not the best defense as you had a chance at swaying votes towards sonic or cf. I do not see anyone else changing their votes to vamp today, unless he does something really scummy. I do not understand why you are doing this.
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:I'm rather lost agian by you Qx you say I am one of the most pro town players but you vote for me then add
Quitex wrote:To clarify: Yes, the last post is what I feel the best. Yes, a scum can be pro-town sometimes. So the fact that he is in my list of the most pro-town players doesn't mean that he's inmune to the scum-infection that 2 people in this game has.
So I can be one of the most protown players but also be a scum who wants to kill the town............ok I wont argue with that. It seems to me like a very tenuous reason to vote for me but when you havent got much to go on you use whatever you can come up with.
I don't see how this logic is invalid. There are two ways of playing scum in my opinion: laying low and letting the town lynch themselves, or saying a lot (to the point of posting every other post), in an attempt to see pro-town. Make your own judgment from this. And yes, I realize that I'm more or less playing the former, but that's my style of play, so make whatever judgments you will.

And people have to stop getting irate and insulting in this game. Its only a game, theres no need to insult anyone's intelligence.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:29 pm

@roland Im not saying that purely because you said his name a lot but rather the context and way in which you talk about Qx.
Twice you said "we can.........." in response to something Qx did, I asked you on each account to provide
your
opinion and I dont think either was answered properly. You also post Quitex (a close second) in your list, if we wish to lynch as a team thing as Qx suggested then you would put Qx at L-1 no worries as it is obvious that he is the most suspicious. But I doubt you would do this as he is your scum partner so instead you put him a very close second and go on to say why you think CF is ahead of Qx.

As for Qxs mentions of roland they are clearly contradictory:
Quitex wrote:Roland. I know your style, kid. I know you're a silent killer.
Ok so roland is a silent killer(mafia)
Quitex wrote:I know roland's style is to remail quiet unless something is very very itchy or unless something must been told.
roland is also a quiet player (no alignment)
Quitex wrote:Roland is ok. I know his gamestyle and I know he is town.

roland is town

Ok thats my way of reading it.
I'm ready to take some fire for my posts of late but I am happy with what i've said so bring it on if you must.
Chickenfish
Chickenfish
Goon
Chickenfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Chickenfish »

Quitex wrote:
If everyone saw things the same way, we would be having no trouble deciding a vote. You saw something that you interpretted as a protown move or some such and I didn't interpret it that way. How is that weird?
Very.
Veeeery weird.
Town will NEVER think as scum.
Scum will try to think as town.
The fact that you see something completely different from someone tells that you'll likely be not as him. If he ends being town, you are most likely to be told as scum.
Ok so I was away for WAY too long.
Firstly, let me point out that nowhere did I even say in that post that I was thinking as scum. I was merely saying that vampire and I interpretting a situation in different ways doesn't make my actions weird. However, your reaction, Quitex, really only adds to the desperate look you have of pinning as much crap on everyone as you can while you have the chance, in the hope that the miracle fo someone agreeing with one of your posts will occur, then you can try to steer attention away. All I can make out from the last few pages is that you are becoming more and more desperate, and that suddenly from not being in consideration, roland is now probably my #2 suspect.
vampire: if you truly want Qx lynched, why the vote on roland?
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

Vampire wrote:if we wish to lynch as a team thing as Qx suggested then you would put Qx at L-1 no worries as it is obvious that he is the most suspicious
There are many things wrong with this statement.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:02 pm

@CF
I want to draw peoples attention to him. I came up with post 228 after having a read through of the whole game, as there were many things that didnt seem right with lynching Qx when the only drawn partnership was with claus. I have a good feeling we can lynch Qx today but I wanted to try and get some more reactions and thoughts about who he would be partnered with.

@roland, so you think that a democratic way of lynching the obviously most scummy to the most people, person is not a good choice?
What would be your way of deciding on todays lynch?
You have unvoted until further notice........ok so what notice are you waiting for, is CF no longer the scum you thought him to be and Qx is in your words a close second could he get your vote or maybe I will draw it to myself and lastly there is sonic who I dont think would even notice if he was lynched, ah your notice is claus, wait for him to come and make a note of something so you dont have to do anything that might draw more suspicion onto yourself.
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

Because democracy is overrated.
Chickenfish
Chickenfish
Goon
Chickenfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Chickenfish »

rolandgarros wrote:Because democracy is overrated.
I'm inclined to disagree with this, but I'm also disagreeing with vampire.
vampire, voting with the masses is not actually democracy, it is being led. If you let yourself be led in this game, you'll find you don't get very far, as eventually you just turn into a bandwagonner. Democracy is what this game is - everybody votes for who they want lynched, and the person with the most votes is lynched. So, in ths game, democracy isn't overrated, but it certainly isn't what vampire is making it out to be.
Don't vote because people tell you to, or because everyone else is - vote because you want to see the person you're voting for lynched

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”