Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 1

armlx [2] (malthusis, Blazerunner)
mnowax [2] (curiouskarmadog, springlullaby)
curiouskarmadog [1] (armlx)
Greggo [1] (ZaneWasHere)
mypenguinkat [1] (Greggo)
the silent speaker [1] (vikingfan)

Not Voting [7]: mnowax, mypenguinkat, Occult, Ration, stark, the silent speaker, Yosarian2
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Vote: blazerunner
for being second on the armlx wagon.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

the silent speaker wrote:
FoS: TSS
For complaining about me being the second on the armlx wagon and not even seeing springlullaby is the second on the mnowax wagon.

Serious now, this is BS.

@Yosarian2: That is quite true, since most power-roles are recruitable, claiming should be avoided unless for really strong reasons. In fact, anyone claiming a non-steadfast-role for no strong reason should be lynched, because if they claim any pro-town role, there are 2 and only 2 possibilities:

-He is lying, so he is probably not pro-town and should be lynched
-He is telling the truth, and is probably going to be recruited, and should be lynched so it doesnt happen
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by armlx »

Blazerunner wrote: -He is telling the truth, and is probably going to be recruited, and should be lynched so it doesnt happen
Flawed logic. Every lynch you want to aim for the recruiter or SK, not a recruit. Hitting a recruit is only a bit better than a mislynch.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by armlx »

EBWODP: A bit is probably exaggerated. Lynching a recruit is good, but lynching recruits for days on end is not going to win the game.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

armlx wrote:BTW, CKD, I notice you have yet to use your Nibbler avatar.

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... e:1034.jpg
I am seeing it when I post..is it still not there?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by armlx »

Now it is.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

(waiting for armix's mod question)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by armlx »

curiouskarmadog wrote:(waiting for arm
L
x's mod question)
Fixed.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Occult »

the silent speaker wrote:
hm, you didn't bitch about the two votes on Mwax.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:42 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Good thinking, Armlx. The only other reason I can see why a vig kill is likely to fail is if the person is doc-protected, but hopefully the vig's targeting suspicious people and the doc's targeting pro-town-looking people, so that's probably not all that likely.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

armlx wrote:EBWODP: A bit is probably exaggerated. Lynching a recruit is good, but lynching recruits for days on end is not going to win the game.
Actually, I'd go with your initial statement. Even with just one cult recruiter, lynching a recruit puts the town one step closer to losing. (Cult loses one member at day; that night, cult gains one member and town loses one member due to recruitement; net result, town falls farther behind.) Vigging cult recruits isn't bad, but lynching a cult recruit is not a good thing until after any and all recruiters are dead.

And lynching someone just because they're "likely to be recruited" is even worse, since then the cult would just recruit someone else instead. In fact,
fos:Blazerunner
for that logic.

Claims are to be avoided whenever possible, but if you do have a town power role, it is a little better to claim then to be lynched, because then at least we have a chance to lynch the cult recruiter that day instead.

Cult games are always hard to balance, and while we don't know much about the setup yet, I tend to think the odds are against us here. If we mislynch today, and if we are dealing with 2 recruiters and a SK, we might theoretically be in a situation where the town is no longer in the majority on day 2. It seems like we've got basically no margin of error this game.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Blazerunner »

I think if someone got so cornered against the wall during the day to be forced to claim, I think the chances of the town to lynch a cult leader that day are not really good...

But perhaps lynching is really not a good idea, we might just remember "that guy claimed and probably was already recruited" and lynch him after the recruiter.

I had forgotten another thing. If both recruiters aim for the same person, it counts as a kill attempt. Another reason not to lynch right away, the recruiters might just end up killing him...
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Blazerunner »

And there is the alarmist too... NVM what I said... Many things may go wrong for the recruiter, so we really dont need to lynch the claimed guy, at least not just so he doesnt get recruited
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Blazerunner wrote:I think if someone got so cornered against the wall during the day to be forced to claim, I think the chances of the town to lynch a cult leader that day are not really good...
Eh? Why's that? Just becasue the town was wrong on one bandwagon, dosn't mean they'll be equally wrong the next time.

I had forgotten another thing. If both recruiters aim for the same person, it counts as a kill attempt. Another reason not to lynch right away, the recruiters might just end up killing him...
Another good point. Or they might not recruit him at all in order to avoid that. There's going to be a fair amount of second-guessing going on here.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:15 am

Post by armlx »

Yosarian2 wrote:Good thinking, Armlx. The only other reason I can see why a vig kill is likely to fail is if the person is doc-protected, but hopefully the vig's targeting suspicious people and the doc's targeting pro-town-looking people, so that's probably not all that likely.
Except theres no doctor to block actual kills, just recruits.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Norinel wrote:
The Setup:

•The only thing that grants protection from nightkills is being an SK or Cult Leader, or if the killer is blocked.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ah...you two are correct. Ok, so if a vig fails a kill, it means that either the vig was blocked, or the target is a SK or a cult recruiter.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:30 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Actually, I have a perfectly good reason for focusing on the armlx bandwagon rather than the mnowax one. And even if I didn't, I can only cast one vote, so you need to show a reason why armlx is
less
deserving of attention than mnowax. Blazerunner's and Occult's reaction to my vote, therefore, coupled with some of Blazerunner's other questionable comments since that Yos has already called him out on, firms my conviction that Blazerunner is someone who needs to die.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Blazerunner »

the silent speaker wrote:Actually, I have a perfectly good reason for focusing on the armlx bandwagon rather than the mnowax one. And even if I didn't, I can only cast one vote, so you need to show a reason why armlx is
less
deserving of attention than mnowax. Blazerunner's and Occult's reaction to my vote, therefore, coupled with some of Blazerunner's other questionable comments since that Yos has already called him out on, firms my conviction that Blazerunner is someone who needs to die.
lol

my reaction to your vote couples with plain nothing, cause I said it was BullShit on the same post, if you took it as if I seriously accused you for voting me and not the person in the mnowax wagon, it is really funny.

But I really dont see why Occult would want to post the same thing as I had already posted, even if we were both cultists, as you are trying to imply here...
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Blazerunner »

About your vote: (didnt want to post this together with the other post for organization's sake)

I didnt want question your reasons for voting me and not springlullaby, its earlygame, no one needs a reason for anything, that is why people random vote. Any little thing can be a reason to vote just for "breaking the ice". That is just the reason why I said "bullshit".

If I was to question your choice, tho, I wouldnt need a reason why "armlx is
less
deserving of attention than mnowax", cause I didnt say "you voted me and not him", as that would have been stupid (you cant vote both). I said "you complained about me and not about him" (and you could have complained about both people with the same behavior)
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Again, putting different pooints in different posts:

That last post of mine is about your vote, and how I could question its logic it if I wanted (I dont want to imply anything, I really tink its a nulltell)

But what I DO want to question is the last part of your post:

" Blazerunner's and Occult's reaction to my vote, therefore, coupled with some of Blazerunner's other questionable comments since that Yos has already called him out on, firms my conviction that Blazerunner is someone who needs to die."

This sounds really scummy to me. The seriousness you deal with this subject, saying I
need
to die, is too rushy... Even with my bad strattegy suggestion. Is everybody who makes a bad suggestion guilty? Is my suggestion even THAT bad? I dont think so, on the other game I was playing, the same thing was suggested "lynch the claimed townie so he doesnt get cultified". I dont think it is a scummy suggestion, perhaps a bad one, but it is not even uncommon

(Link to the game:)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7460

whatever you think about the strategy, I think you are being far too agressive, so
unvote:armlx, vote: the silent speaker
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:04 am

Post by armlx »

I like how TSS is calling 2 random votes a band wagon.

I'd be more inclined to look at the mnowax wagon, as theres some half logic there people can latch on to (no random vote).

However, while TSS's case is baseless, Runner has acted fairly scummy since the case was presented.

Thinking time.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:08 am

Post by armlx »

Blazerunner wrote: But perhaps lynching is really not a good idea, we might just remember "that guy claimed and probably was already recruited" and lynch him after the recruiter.
This is the quote that worries me the most, as Blazes subsequent posts, especially the one regarding TSS's allegations, seem much more informed about basic mafia strategy.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

vote:Blazerunner
. OMGUSing is bad.