MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:49 am

Post by MMCL »

Bandwagons... hmmm.... Well Im not gonna vote ID if he is at band camp.... let's hope he doesn't meet a flute wielding nympho (or maybe he will :wink: )

So... Im a bit curious about the sudden spate of attacks on Coolbot, and although he was my second choice, I do find it most curious that everyone is not jumping off the ID bandwagon to start FOSsing him.... almost like laying the seeds for something IMHO.

No vote from me yet... Im watching 3 people with great interest however.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:50 am

Post by Yaw »

Since Djinn's last post was July 23 in this thread, and band camp started August 16, I vote replace.
Success breeds suspicion
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:53 am

Post by MMCL »

That's a lot of polishing his flute... I agree - he should be replaced.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:54 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

I would really like to see ID replaced and I believe there is a willing replacer in the replacement thread--

MMCL the ID vote from me is purely a lurker vote to press the issue to either lynch or replace.

Coolbot is coming off right now as suspiscious.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:57 am

Post by MMCL »

So you are voting ID to make the mod replace him?

:wink:
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:59 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

and I hate lurkers and dead weight---if you haven't figured that out by now.

CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:28 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Replace him. He's obviously not checking the thread.

Yaw, I understand you need people to post. Of course you do. But to come out on day 3, the first post of the day to vote a lurker? Looks like very little patience to me. After all, it's not like we have nothing to examine. The trolls may be dead, but the goblins are not.

What is really interesting is Yaw's conviction that all the goblins are scum. After all, he was the first to vote jedi and started a feud with him. Of course, when the town decided to look hard at jedi, Yaw jumps off the wagon, only coming back on when it was apparent jedi was being lynched anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if the brand of scum Yaw happens to be is goblin.
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:50 pm

Post by meaning of life 42 »

I think we should replace him. i understand he's a band camp, but i'm also in band. and unless hes at sleepaway camp, there's no reason to not post. Unless he's met a girl who plays flute and goes to band camp.... :D ......now THAT i could understand. Replace him.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:54 pm

Post by Yaw »

Ooo, I like tearing down revisionist history. :roll:

Let's look back at day 1, shall we?

I was the first one on the jediknight-wagon, stayed on it up to 10 votes and a role claim. Then I posted this in post 133:
Yaw wrote:We're at 10 votes with 13 to lynch. I would much prefer if we don't end this day before everyone has the chance to comment. I didn't expect this bandwagon to be so fast or decisive. Ideally, by the time we go into night, every role should have at least one post. Otherwise, we're just going to run into problems in coming days.
You'll note there's no unvote. There's no unvote until the next day. Now, at 10 votes, 11 when I unvoted, you certainly can't say I jumped off when the town decided to look hard at jediknight. I was contributing the entire time that bandwagon was gathering steam, and never once did I defend him. It was apparent jediknight was being lynched by the post I just quoted,
before
I unvoted. I think my actions point clearly to my unvoting being only a temporary measure to try to allow everyone in the game to contribute. Would you have preferred I advocate quick lynching? Those are
never
good for the town. Even if they result in a scum lynch (as this one did), lynching fast reduces the amount of information to analyze, which means less chance of catching scum in the long run.

Either you are misremembering, CoolBot, or lying. I'm leaning toward the latter.
Success breeds suspicion
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:41 pm

Or...........maybe........CoolBot.........your brand of Scum is Goblin, but your afraid that we might lynch you and find out that you really are Goblin..... OR maybe you are telling the truth that Yaw is Goblin, in which case you would be right, and maybe everything else you said is ture. untill i get more info, i think my vote stays.k.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:13 pm

Post by Tigris »

If the mod replaces ID, I'll switch to the next lurker, but at this point I want to send a message. You either participate in a game or you get lynched. I am more then fed up with games dragging because people don't take their responsibilities (which they agreed to) seriously.
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:18 pm

i totally agree with tigris, we hould not have lurkers slowing us down. if they don't post with in a sertain amount of time, they should automatically be replaced. That should be a rule. :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:16 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Fools. Lynch ID, replace another lurker. Why let a good lurker off the hook?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:25 pm

Post by Yaw »

Whoever's in that role should at least have a chance to claim before being lynched. Although I am liking the example-making principle Tigris is advocating more than I should, it's probably because we have so
many
lurkers that it's quite annoying.
Success breeds suspicion
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:30 pm

Post by Tigris »

:roll: , because my personal preference is to have every single lurker replaced if possible, lynching them is an acceptable alternative, especially for meta-game purposes. We can lynch the ones that don't respond enough (if they post once or twice, that isn't enough and I want content, not just one line bs about being busy) or aren't replaced. And I still have my vote on ID as until he is replaced, I see no reason to move it.

*agrees with Yaw* If it was one or two, lynch one and tell a vig to kill the other and don't worry about the role as there are more then enough players left. Heck I'd even work alongside the mafia in this case as it helps meta-game purposes, all the lurkers die and the people who actually want to play don't have a ball and chain attached to their legs.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:04 pm

Post by Gaspode »

This one time, at band camp...just kidding, I'm a band geek too (7-hour marching band practices all next week). On to business: I thought I had been replaced here, but it doesn't say so on the front page. Can you find a replacement for me, please? I'm really sorry, but I just don't have time to do any game justice right now.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:17 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Ok. I'm back now for real and should be with you for a good long time.
What I have to say at this point is that if we're lurker hunting to try to prod them into activity, and the lurkee in question is not going to be able to post under any circumstances, then voting doesen't actually do anything. You can't prod someone who won't see your prod, so let's go to something else.
And can someone please explain the initial IS argument against coolbot? Seems to be the basis of what's going on now so I need to know what that was.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:55 pm

Post by MMCL »

I think the last set of posts reveals a lot.

Coolbot and Yaw are both seem sure the other is a Goblin (not Gollum, or a spider). I now suspect them both because whoever we lynch - assuming we find they are a goblin, the other will rely on that as innocence-fodder (I like that term!). The fued between them is akin to the fued between Yaw and Jedi (to use coolbot's expression).

I think a vote for ID is wasted at this time and would prefer my vote on Yaw or Coolbot. My suggestion would be - due to the nature of the continued argument - that whichever we lynch, any cops then investigate the other so we can prove/disprove the distancing theory between the two.

If Yaw is a goblin, then 'dobbing in' two of his scum buddies is a brilliant and very dangerous move on his part - therefore:
Vote: Coolbot
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:51 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

ooh, a Coolbot bandwagon is picking up steam. At this point for the sake of getting anything going, I will state that I will add my vote to the bigger bandwagon between Coolbot or some random lurker.

So lets keep those vote counts coming, im too lazy to do it myself.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:30 am

Post by CoolBot »

Uraj45 wrote:the lurkee in question is not going to be able to post under any circumstances, then voting doesen't actually do anything.
Exactly. And this game was in serious danger of stalling waiting for people to post who were never going to post. And that was mostly the doing of Yaw.

I'm not completly sure Yaw is goblin, but the evidence sure does point that way. Voting for a scum buddy does not mean one's innocent, even if it was the first vote on a bandwagon.

Since it's clear I'm under the gun here, I'm claiming. I'm Bifur, a dwarf, and nothing more than a townie.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:08 am

Post by MMCL »

I will wait to see if there is a counter-claim ....
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:02 am

Post by Yaw »

MMCL wrote:Coolbot and Yaw are both seem sure the other is a Goblin (not Gollum, or a spider).
Wrong. I stated I was beginning to see IS's argument that CoolBot is scum. I never said anything about what group I thought he was with.
CoolBot wrote:I'm not completly sure Yaw is goblin, but the evidence sure does point that way.
And your evidence is the lie you posted above? That isn't evidence. It's misinformation and you know it.
CoolBot wrote:And this game was in serious danger of stalling waiting for people to post who were never going to post. And that was mostly the doing of Yaw.
It's stall now or stall worse later. The deadline for responding to mod prods is today, at any rate, so we should have lulu and Argoti replacing when mike gets here. Then we can find out if our worst lurkers are indeed scum.
Success breeds suspicion
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:39 am

Post by MMCL »

Apologies Yaw... I must've misread... however - I'm sure someone made that suggestion - I will go back and check.
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:04 am

k
meaning of life 42
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
meaning of life 42
Ritalin Boi
Ritalin Boi

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:05 am

yeah............. i'm not exactally sure what's going on now.......................so confused..............::confused::

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”