Newbie 569: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chickenfish
Chickenfish
Goon
Chickenfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Chickenfish »

Quitex wrote:Hehe, did it without reading you asked for it. See? I have nothing to hide.
Basically, I think you should take the hint from more or less everyone: you're full of it Qx. You're posts make no sense, and are completely illogical.
Quitex wrote:Again, Cf, how roland is being unhelpfun at your OWN POINT OF VIEW?
All I did was agree with vampire in about half a line and you make it look like I've committes murder. As for me not helping - i have been actively participating in the discussion with VALID AND LOGICAL posts. The only thing you've helped us with the
entire game
is to make us realise you are most likely scum, or that your arguments are flawed and it will be hard to take anything you say seriously, even if you are town.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Quitex wrote:Roland's Scumhunting: Asking Vampire important stuff
in fact roland hasn't really asked me anything important in the last few pages...read back for yourself.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:37 pm

rolandgarros wrote:And from a newb who prides himself on his perceptiveness
Yes I do and I see through your terrible smokescreen. Can you give a decent defence at all, I'm still waiting for your points reasons etc.
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

I need a defense? Last I knew I myself was quite on the contrary.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:41 pm

roland I can pull out of this at any stage I think your scum Im pressuring you, you on the other hand would you care to explain your actions?
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

Would I need to explain my actions? And I feel no pressure whatsoever. The pressure lies elsewhere, although you may not see it.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:45 pm

Sorry to put you on the spot but I've got reasons to do this you on the other hand
rolandgarros wrote:I'm sorry if you see things that way, but I believe I am being quite helpful to the town. Just bear with me CF, I am not finished with vampire yet. Once I feel like I am finished, if you desire an explanation of my motive, I will explain every single thing. For now, however, let me finish my work on vampire. And by finish, I do not mean lynching; that is quite far from my intention. If I were scum, there would be much easier ways of taking out vamp, not that that is my intention at all in this case.
what is your intention please let us know. What is a townie that says cryptic bullshit cant explain himself cant answer questions on the spot: SCUM.
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

My intention is to teach you something. But so far you're not learning. And continue to call me BS if you wish, I take no offense whatsoever. I don't find it conducive to the town though.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:53 pm

Roland I will only respond when you are clear about your actions intentions and make sense otherwise I have no reason to belive you are trying to do anything of constructiveness to help town.
Chickenfish
Chickenfish
Goon
Chickenfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Chickenfish »

Can I point out that we were actually close to a lynch, then you guys went off on 2 pages of one line posts about nothing. vampire, you said you can back out of it at any time: back out. You guys aren't helping us find scum, so just stop. Same goes roland, if you want to teach vampire something I think you've probably made whatever point you were trying to make - so come out with it so we know what you were doing. Otherwise stop wasting time...
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:59 pm

Roland has made no "clear" point whatsoever he has blatantly avoided questions posed to him and created an excuse with "I will tell all later", I am going after him to get him to spill whatever magic beans he has in his rather strange and secrative head cupboard.
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

Chickenfish wrote:Can I point out that we were actually close to a lynch, then you guys went off on 2 pages of one line posts about nothing. vampire, you said you can back out of it at any time: back out. You guys aren't helping us find scum, so just stop. Same goes roland, if you want to teach vampire something I think you've probably made whatever point you were trying to make - so come out with it so we know what you were doing. Otherwise stop wasting time...
Good point CF. Although I do not see my posts as "nothing", I sense by vampire's adamant behavior that I'm not exactly going anywhere with this. Nonetheless, I don't think we can lynch anyone until everyone else reports back in this thread aka claus sonic and batt. Also, I do not feel that we have sufficient information to come up with a lynch. But I do think that I am getting more and more by the page.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Claus »

picked up the prod. Sorry about that people. Allow me some time to catch up with the recent posts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Quitex »

Hahaha, pooor Claus... :P
I guess yesterday was so much fun, lets see if we can do a mega-debate evening again soon :)
Yes, it's me Hugging Christina Aguilera (Avatar by Amyxlala, a friend of mine wooo)
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:20 pm

Mod
we havent had a vote count for a few pages.
Chickenfish
Chickenfish
Goon
Chickenfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by Chickenfish »

Claus wrote:picked up the prod. Sorry about that people. Allow me some time to catch up with the recent posts.
24 hours seems long enough...
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:09 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Quitex (2): Chickenfish, Battousai
sonickid01 (1): Claus
rolandgarros (1): thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf (1): Quitex

Not voting (2): sonickid01, rolandgarros

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
Last edited by bird1111 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:21 am

Mod
batt has his vote on Quitex

Fixed.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Battousai »

Dang, I don't get on for a day and we are already on page 13.

Vamp, Roland. I feel there is a good chance that at least one of you is scum. The reason being is that QX, who I feel is scum, was at L-1 and then all of a sudden this happens, saving QX from being lynched. Out of the two, I feel vamp is the most likely to be scum, since he took his vote off once QX was at L-1. Vamp is attacking roland and is pairing him with QX, who would be his scum partner. I believe the term is distancing, but still keeping the main heat off of QX.

FOS:Vamp
IGMEOY: Roland
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Claus »

Quick, quick post. Wow, you guys doubled the number of pages while I was away!

I'll grab some memorable quotes from these pages and comment on them as I go.

This is the short version of the story, though: Sonic in these pages seem to have changed to the better, and QX is looking much worse. Roland mysterious behavior seemed to serve only ONE reason to me: save QX's butt.

unvote. Vote QX

FOS: roland

mod: please prod sonic

Will do.

Sonic, when you're back, please try to do the same thing I did below, commenting on the thread from your last post.

See you guys tomorrow night.

===

Vampire - good "point system". I'll probably try to use that in the future.
Quitex wrote:Let me tell you that the most pro-town player in this game has been Claus, mostly because he's one of the ICs but I guess his pro-townish behavior is very natural and not intnetional (intentional as "I'm scum! I must act pro-townish")
Whut?
Claus told that one clear scumtell from myself is to tell that I think that Roland is town. Well, I really think he is town. Reasons? Maybe not as active as we would want to, but when he comes he makes good questions and give acceptable answers.
While this is true of his latest posts, this is not what you originally pegged him as town for. That was because of his "play style, which you are used to".
vampire wrote:Strange then that CF has stuck to this theory most of the game,
Sticking to one's theory stubbornly, for me, is a small town tell, although I have been proven wrong on that before. I still stick to this theory on general principles. This is one of the reasons I favored Sonic over CF for a lynch.

- QX post 200 is full of lose.

- I kinda liked Sonic's defense on 201

- Sonoc's questions to the ICs:
Wifom is circular reasoning. Just that. Sometimes it is overused in mafia games.
Question to the ICs: is it considered a good or bad move to try and get things that people said a while ago, several pages back, like how I just did with Quitex's quote?
Anything is fair game. But if you dig a VERY old quote, take into account the possibility that your target may have changed his mind in the meanwhile. Of course, if he did, you should consider the reasons for he changing his mind.

- 216 post is bad. Nitpicking much, QX?
- - 3 times of not acting very town-like.
1- Your trap
2- You assuming a lurking roland was town
3- you suddenly assuming that I was town
4- you changing your reasons to assume that roland was town
5- you accusing vampire of being scum for something that was quite pro-town like.

Ooops, that was one too many.

Ouch :oops: Sorry about that, really - I did not expect these days to be this busy, but I'll try to catch up more.

I agree with roland that you can't put people at L-1 JUST to get a reaction. Like I said before, you must truly think that the person is scum (or, that the person would be a good lynch, which in very small games is the same thing). I think the QX L-1 at this time is appropriate.

However, sometimes L-1 may _also_ server as "asking for reaction". Some players never contribute unless their neck is on the line. Note the word _also_ however. Using L-1 only for reaction is not smart (I think).

Also, I think Vampire's non-sequitur was just blowing off steam of a very tiring game. I don't see it as anti-town.

- 225/226
Vampire vote is kind of good. Roland's answer is kind of good as well. I don't agree with the "Newbies should play it out" as much as roland, but I can see his point. However, this justifiable reason to taking a backseat is a very good hiding place for scum who don't want to position themselves (and this is why roland is not so townie to my eyes).

Well, there are still 4 pages around, let's see what roland comes up with.

good PbP on quitex and roland.

This is a non-sequitur. Quitex, what would be the purpose of a most townie list? Giving the scum a list of who they should kill first?

While I'm not as nazi as some players are about saying "So and So is probably town", as you have seen, an out and out list like that only helps scum. (think about the difference between a scum listing and a town listing).

Leading. The. Town. Is. NOT. A. SCUMTELL.

Roland, my opinion (as I read this posts), is that QX got caught red-handed here. While I still have a lingering suspicion of Sonic, his last posts* were better than his firsts, and his answers were good.

Vampire's case on QX is good, and his case on you is reasonable. As it stands, I think QX is a good lynch.

* (although he has disappeared, but I can't complain about that, can I?)

Democracy IS overrated (as a political system), but In general I agree with this post very much.

You know, since vampire started pushing harder for QX and linking him to roland, roland started attacking him in a way that seems quite underhanded to me. He keeps saying "this looks wrong", "this looks wrong", but he doesn't go out and out to say that vampire is scum (like CF did to me), or that vampire is wrong and the scum is someone else (like I did to CF).

This post crowns this sentiment. Roland wants to blow away the suspicion on QX with an argument about RL politics. Me no like.

Don't like the feeling in this post.

Pride trap. Vampire is now dragged into defending his chart-child, when we could be talking about post 228, which is much more interesting.

- Roland, I must agree with vampire that your "I'm misteryous" attitude does not help. We as IC should help the newbies figure out things by themselves, but you are taking this a bit too far. Town has very little reason to flaunt to be hiding intentions like this. Scum point for you sir.

OMG, roland is doing the ultra hidden training to transform vampire into the ULTIMATE MAFIA PLAYER in a single game. What now, are you going to put him to wax in, wax out cars in a garage?

Colour me doubtful.

- 290 and 295:
Roland is not asking vampire important stuff. He is picking vampires arguments and not actually saying that vampire is scum (quite to the countrary, since he said he didn't want to lynch him).

Vampire on the other hand, WAS asking questions out of everyone.

So, you are making things out backwards, QX.

Roland, I must admit, you are a great troll. You have been this for 2 pages with mastery. But I still don't see where you want to lead this if you are town. Your current attitude only makes sense to me as scum.

- The next 10 or so posts

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH! You two guys put a lid on it!

Yeah, it is. Sorry, CF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Quitex
Quitex
Goon
Quitex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Quitex »

and here I am, again, in the verge of a mislynch. Again, If I get lynched on day 1, two things will happen:

1. You'll regret killing someone who pointed out 3 people who are the most possible scums (Vampire and the CF-Sonic duality).
2. LyLo.
Yes, it's me Hugging Christina Aguilera (Avatar by Amyxlala, a friend of mine wooo)
sonickid01
sonickid01
Townie
sonickid01
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by sonickid01 »

OK.

So you guys got up to page 13...

Eh.

I'll get a list like Claus wants when I can. I'll try in a following post to get as much as possible, but it's more than likely I'll have to continue it in more than one post if I can't finish, probably get it done completely tomorrow.

I'll read over everything and get that stuff together as soon as possible.
Avatar was originally done by Demetri Martin, smartest comedian in the world. It was then uploaded to the 'net by some guy.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:20 pm

@Batt I did take my vote of Qx and I explained it was to put pressure on roland as finding a scum partner (asides from claus) forQx was important to me and wanted to persue this, but I also stated I was happy to lynch/hammer Qx, so by no means was this going to save Qx as at any time like now when someone voted for Qx I can move my vote back.
I'm glad claus could see some of my frustrations and points against roland and I'm sorry for filling up the pages so quickly but I wanted as I said to put roland under pressure and see how he reacted and what he came up with (imo SFA).

I am happy to lynch Qx at this stage.....as he has done very little over the last few pages to quell suspicion but rather has added more.
Heres to hoping Qx is scum and not very bad town..............
Vote:Quitex
rolandgarros
rolandgarros
Goon
rolandgarros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by rolandgarros »

Well that was a little faster than expected.. I come home to find Claus' uber post and a lynch on Quitex already... We'll just have to wait and see what QX really was, although I was not ready on lynching him for being stupid. I don't see that as a valid reason to vote, but we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, before I leave for three days until Friday, I would like to explain my series of cryptic posts. Basically, I was just making vampire uncomfortable and seeing how
he
would react. There are some points where he didn't react the best but I felt that he handled the situation satisfactorily. While I was unable to post a few days earlier, I noticed that Vampire was taking control of the town and moving the game along, maybe too much. I felt that the best way to test him was to make him uncomfortable, and I think he did okay, although not brilliantly.

We'll just have to see how this lynch comes up.

Otherwise, I'm hoping my gambit with Vampire helps out for D2.

And I'll see you guys in three days o_O
It'll be night so I'll have plenty of time.
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:44 pm

Roland posting post action explaination is always dubious and as an IC I would have thought you might have known this..........Also I gave you plenty of opertunities to explain what your reasons/motivations for your rather strange post were at the time. That said we wait and see................................... 'V"""V'

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”