Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 3434, Rhah wrote:
Shiro wrote:
In post 3411, Rhah wrote:VOTE: Shiro
You should be a wagon.

I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 3422, Nauci wrote:I scum read IAI because I read his scum reads as town ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also I didn't scum read Viomi regardless of her read of me
I will agree to be today’s lynch if the next 3 are you, whiskers, and beeboy after I flip town. Agreed?
Ew
IAI made me have to say this. I agree with Rhah. Ew.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 3466, Nero Cain wrote:
vote:HST

In post 3448, I Am Innocent wrote:The game you quoted earlier with the crappy masons which we played together, this really is deja vu isn’t it lol?
uh huh

what really needs to happen is you, axe, me, the two masons and Flubb and Lucky need to form a voting bloc. All 4 scum are likely in

gerryoat, Nauci, MathBlade, beeboy, HolySpiritTurtle, Whiskers, Viomi

and the other 3 are terrible town.

I'm not really that sold on Shiro being town or scum yet though.
Lynch math and viomi and I will follow you to the end oh Captain my Captain.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 3420, Viomi wrote:Not only did he mention more than just Whiskers, he also said his reason for not choosing Flubber is because almost every one of his scumreads is on the Flubber wagon.

So, yes, it very much so looks like an attempt to say he doesn't want Flubber lynched without out-right saying it.
In post 3422, Nauci wrote:I scum read IAI because I read his scum reads as town ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also I didn't scum read Viomi regardless of her read of me
I can handle this. Consider me in favor.
In post 3443, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:I mean if you townread everyone except 3~4 people, you can just say "hey I don't townread this guy so this guy is scum" ya know
I mean, you can, but if you townread everyone except 3~4 people, your reads are probably wrong and you should do some digging.
In post 3459, I Am Innocent wrote:Why is whiskers so impossible to lynch then!?!!
Maybe you should try making a case on me, nobody has yet.
In post 3478, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3451, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:
In post 3450, I Am Innocent wrote:HST, who is scum again? 3-5 names
None of the names you listed.
like this is the unhelpful type of post I expect scum to make.
that's the unhelpful type of post we got from quick and p much every other asshole in this game.

like i'm not gonna go dig for specific examples but i bet IaI, TIAM, Flubber, and Nero have made this kind of useless, unhelpful post throughout the course of the game.
hell, you policy lynched quick for them. is it scumtelling?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
pienyan
pienyan
Goon
pienyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by pienyan »

votecount 2.12
Flubbernugget (4) - HolySpiritTurtle, Whiskers, Viomi, Rhah

Lucky2u (3) - gerryoat, Nauci, MathBlade
Whiskers (2) - I Am Innocent, Flubbernugget
Viomi (2) - Lucky2u, TwoInAMillion
gerryoat (1) - AxleGreaser
HolySpiritTurtle (1) - Nero Cain

Not voting (2) - Shiro, beeboy

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is November 1, 03:00 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2017-11-01 03:00:00).

beeboy is V/LA indefinitely.
Please call me "pie", "pienyan", or "piegirl(n)". TIA.
Yuri: the Purest Form of Love -rebirth- coming soon.
Rhah
Rhah
Goon
Rhah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by Rhah »

What would also help a little is, don't be LAMIST if your scumreads are composed of town, there's like 4 people this applies to. The second thing that would help is, not scumreading MathBlade.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 3389, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 3352, Whiskers wrote:
In post 3349, Nauci wrote:Add flub to my scum reads
Vote: Flubbernugget

fine.
Why did you vote in this manner. You already seemed reasonable likely to vote flubbed based on previous posts and then you follow Nauci of all people's scum read to vote flubber even though nauci is actually voting me. This was ugly.
what's wrong with following nauci "of all people"
what makes you think I'm "reasonably likely to vote flubber" and if that was the case, then why wouldn't something like this be a fine reason to finally do so?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 3504, Rhah wrote:What would also help a little is, don't be LAMIST if your scumreads are composed of town, there's like 4 people this applies to. The second thing that would help is, not scumreading MathBlade.
who are you talking to
what is "lamist"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Flubbernugget

Flubbernugget and Lucky are both great lynches.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Would also love a Shiro wagon to see him spout wordy words because the more Shiro doesn't post useful things the more this reminds me of mass effect.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Nauci »

I'm slowly coming around on a flub lynch, I suppose.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3393, AxleGreaser wrote:I am voting him as my top scum read (whiskers status is little weird atm; pending?)
(I do have views on the other wagons. [....] (in couple of hrs after [...]
Sorry about the couple of hours but things didnt work out like i expected.
I did however solve most of my issues for myself (still have things I want talk about but they are not required for me to reach a clear lynch order preference.)
In post 3453, Rhah wrote:Axle that's a vanity vote at the moment wouldn't you say.
Given the strength(+clarity) of the Gerry read, Gerry unresponsiveness about a range of issues. I have clear preference to lynch him, and little expectation more play will solve it.

The reason I am stuck there not consolidating. Is the rest of my lynch order preference and that at each point consolidating does get me to enough larger wagon to be justified.

My consolidation Lynch order is. Gerry > Whiskers > Viomi > || Flubb(1) > Lucky2u

(1) I am not sure I can justify, the order of Flubb > Lucky2u, without counter wagons and information, and Id much prefer to lynch Whiskers as the to way sort that out.
And that lynch order preference is not far off, the opposite of where the lynch seems to going today.

So yes I need to be participating in deciding todays lynch. I am I strongly think lynches on the far side of || are bad, and have not seen evidence that convinces me they are good lynches.

(I will be going out tonight, and will sleep sometime, but deadline is about 9pm my time, so there is no possibility I will not be here to act on that preference.)

So yeah that is, what is going to be for me getting off my vanity wagon. There isnt any one place I can put my vote that looks significantly more likely to flip, that I can put my vote.
However for anyone reading the thread. Thinking hey what wagons are viable, can decide which wagons they think are not viable and simply move my vote according to that list. And that where push comes to shove i will be voting.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'd do Shiro.

vote:Shiro
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3511, Nero Cain wrote:I'd do Shiro.

vote:Shiro
To be better than random to flip scum. Youd have to be basing that on..?

The absences. A not fast enough catch up. lack of vote atm.

or do you have something else?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3502, Whiskers wrote:I mean, you can, but if you townread everyone except 3~4 people, your reads are probably wrong and you should do some digging.
on the flip side, scum only need 5 mislynches (assuming a successful nk each night) He could easily be like "hey I'm going to lynch anyone but my 3-4 strong town reads" as scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

other than the random "hey she's scum lurking!" then I don't have a reason.

AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3393, AxleGreaser wrote:I might want to ask you one question to help me with that.
Spoiler: something you said earlier.
I believe i understand what you are saying here, or more specifically you said what it
did not
have to do with.
In post 3267, Rhah wrote:
In post 3261, Lucky2u wrote: How do you know how scum Joey would have played it? With day chat, any of his teammates with more experience could have been coaching him.
It didn't have to do with his experience
Irrespective of his experience, there would be limits on what day chat, would allow his partners to do with who Joey is.
Especially so as to be consistent with his scum/town meta.

Spoiler: Example Joey(now Viomi) posts I simply cant get read out of.
Also not asking for help to be able, to. That is beyond the pale.
"To be fair ..."
and the sequence leading up to it.
The problem is to work out whether its due to PM or not, I need to put myself in the shoes of the person who said those things, and at times I just cant dot hat with Joey. Was it Joey doing those things for scum motivation, or just what Joey would do as either alignment.

Spoiler: something you Rhah can perhaps help me with.
At the end of D1. Joey made this list of posts.
In post 2653, Joey_ wrote:
In post 2652, TwoInAMillion wrote:I'm not willing to lynch probtown, better to no lynch in my book.

But I've played in games where there have been last minute lynches, I wouldn't say today's outcome is already determined.
Dude, if quick isnt hammered the same wagon will form tomorow for the same reasons, they will claim that mafia forced a nl here, i will personnally hammer quick over a nl
In post 2655, Joey_ wrote:You have no clue about what you are talking about, you fail at your conf town role
In post 2656, Joey_ wrote:Imo this wont flip

@quick last words?
In post 2658, Joey_ wrote:
In post 2657, TwoInAMillion wrote:You're not very convincing.
About ? Do you know why we get a green flip when theres 3 clear town in game? Because you have no credibility and are vanity wagoning
In post 2660, Joey_ wrote:VOTE: quick
We were not seriously at Hammer it or we were risking a NL.

The town wincon reason for Quick not to self hammer is it deprives town the information. Of whoever feels he is scummy enough to hammer casting the deciding vote.
Joey portrays himself and his vote as someone voting the wagon who believes it will flip town. 2656
Blames other people. 2655 2658
... (more if I look at the whole EOD sequence)

Both those serve a scum agenda. Arise from the conflict of wanting town lynched, and getting away clean without responsibility.
The flip is the fault of Quick, TIAM, anyone but Joey.
and if necessary later reimagined (see 1853 in previous spoiler)

My difficulty, is how to attribute that all to just Joey being Joey rather than a scum agenda.

IIRC, you have done just that. And you are effectively conf town.

Can you talk me through how?

because it is that and other stuff like that, where I have to balance Joey and what he would
post irrespective of town or scum PM, that i wouldn't
and what Joey knows of his own self meta that lets him exploit that to serve a scum agenda.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3514, Nero Cain wrote:other than the random "hey she's scum lurking!" then I don't have a reason.
I prefer my description.
In post 3512, AxleGreaser wrote:The absences. A not fast enough catch up. lack of vote atm.
but I think i have better reasons to lynch other people.
making people play or die, is thing if we are stuck.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:09 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3503, pienyan wrote:With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is November 1, 03:00 GMT-7 or in 1 day, 1 hour, 56 minutes.
I am going out for a bit (this time it is not a potential bottomless pit) be back in <6 hrs or so
I will be available for consolidation, in the lynch order previously specified all day (my time tomorrow)
After the || is lynching into my less likely than random to flip scum.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Post by Shiro »

In post 3514, Nero Cain wrote:other than the random "hey she's scum lurking!" then I don't have a reason.
Hey, I am not lurking anymore, I simply dont have anything to talk about. I am here if adressed.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:34 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 3515, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 3393, AxleGreaser wrote:I might want to ask you one question to help me with that.
Spoiler: something you said earlier.
I believe i understand what you are saying here, or more specifically you said what it
did not
have to do with.
In post 3267, Rhah wrote:
In post 3261, Lucky2u wrote: How do you know how scum Joey would have played it? With day chat, any of his teammates with more experience could have been coaching him.
It didn't have to do with his experience
Irrespective of his experience, there would be limits on what day chat, would allow his partners to do with who Joey is.
Especially so as to be consistent with his scum/town meta.

Spoiler: Example Joey(now Viomi) posts I simply cant get read out of.
Also not asking for help to be able, to. That is beyond the pale.
"To be fair ..."
and the sequence leading up to it.
The problem is to work out whether its due to PM or not, I need to put myself in the shoes of the person who said those things, and at times I just cant dot hat with Joey. Was it Joey doing those things for scum motivation, or just what Joey would do as either alignment.

Spoiler: something you Rhah can perhaps help me with.
At the end of D1. Joey made this list of posts.
In post 2653, Joey_ wrote:
In post 2652, TwoInAMillion wrote:I'm not willing to lynch probtown, better to no lynch in my book.

But I've played in games where there have been last minute lynches, I wouldn't say today's outcome is already determined.
Dude, if quick isnt hammered the same wagon will form tomorow for the same reasons, they will claim that mafia forced a nl here, i will personnally hammer quick over a nl
In post 2655, Joey_ wrote:You have no clue about what you are talking about, you fail at your conf town role
In post 2656, Joey_ wrote:Imo this wont flip

@quick last words?
In post 2658, Joey_ wrote:
In post 2657, TwoInAMillion wrote:You're not very convincing.
About ? Do you know why we get a green flip when theres 3 clear town in game? Because you have no credibility and are vanity wagoning
In post 2660, Joey_ wrote:VOTE: quick
We were not seriously at Hammer it or we were risking a NL.

The town wincon reason for Quick not to self hammer is it deprives town the information. Of whoever feels he is scummy enough to hammer casting the deciding vote.
Joey portrays himself and his vote as someone voting the wagon who believes it will flip town. 2656
Blames other people. 2655 2658
... (more if I look at the whole EOD sequence)

Both those serve a scum agenda. Arise from the conflict of wanting town lynched, and getting away clean without responsibility.
The flip is the fault of Quick, TIAM, anyone but Joey.
and if necessary later reimagined (see 1853 in previous spoiler)

My difficulty, is how to attribute that all to just Joey being Joey rather than a scum agenda.

IIRC, you have done just that. And you are effectively conf town.

Can you talk me through how?

because it is that and other stuff like that, where I have to balance Joey and what he would
post irrespective of town or scum PM, that i wouldn't
and what Joey knows of his own self meta that lets him exploit that to serve a scum agenda.
Hey, trust me, I wish I knew wtf my predecessor was doing too.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:36 pm

Post by Viomi »

It seems like scum is successfully dividing this town into two groups that townread eachother and scumread the other side.

Going to do some more reading and see who seems to be propogating this the most but I still think Nero is my top scumread.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:45 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3518, Shiro wrote:
Hey, I am not lurking anymore, I simply dont have anything to talk about. I am here if adressed.
Who would you prefer to lynch out of the wagons most likely to get flipped?

Why?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3520, Viomi wrote:Going to do some more reading and see who seems to be propogating this the most but I still think Nero is my top scumread.
lulz ok. What is it with this slot and "ZOMG I'M SUSPECTED, LEMME THROW A TEMPER TANTRUM!"?

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:37 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 3509, Nauci wrote:I'm slowly coming around on a flub lynch, I suppose.
Remember this post when flub flips town
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

IAI will you be here a bit?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”