dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Also, everyone seems to have given dahill a pass on the basis of his response. I'm not sure, if the initial thing was really worth attacking, then his response was adequate. And LTG's attack on dahill's entrance was uncharacteristically forceful, to then drop it pretty much immediately... something's odd there. Not necessarily scummy-odd, but I'm not sure of the rationale.
what can i say..i'm lovable
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

The Fonz wrote: Also, everyone seems to have given dahill a pass on the basis of his response. I'm not sure, if the initial thing was really worth attacking, then his response was adequate. And LTG's attack on dahill's entrance was uncharacteristically forceful, to then drop it pretty much immediately... something's odd there. Not necessarily scummy-odd, but I'm not sure of the rationale.
Not much more to go on right now. He answered a lot about what I had (major) issues with and this Oman/MC fight is just fascinating right now. You can believe I haven't forgotten dahil1, though.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
Spacecase
Spacecase
Goon
Spacecase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Spacecase »

The recent death threat was actually two death threats. The threat was towards all Hispanics and African Americans that March 5th and 6th somebody will come to school with a gun and shoot them. This leads to more homework since we haven't taught anything for the past three days of last week. In fact there was a record low of 400 teenagers at school on March 6th. I also didnt ask why I was being prosecuted as a mafia member due to the main case that i was a "lurker" and that i was trying to lay low.
Get Lynched!
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Townie
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by Perfectiondoesnotexist »

Hi I'm here, I will catch up as soon as I can, I'm sorry for taking so long to post but I am on Greenwich mean time.
Byebye
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:44 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

Spacecase wrote:The recent death threat was actually two death threats. The threat was towards all Hispanics and African Americans that March 5th and 6th somebody will come to school with a gun and shoot them. This leads to more homework since we haven't taught anything for the past three days of last week. In fact there was a record low of 400 teenagers at school on March 6th. I also didnt ask why I was being prosecuted as a mafia member due to the main case that i was a "lurker" and that i was trying to lay low.
So you continued to lay low?

The main case against you is that you pulled an immediate flip-flop on the Kab vote. I've asked you on several occasions to further explain your thought process as to how you went from saying that lynching Kab would be a bad idea, to actually dropping the hammer 15 posts later.

You completely ignored the request and continue to do so...

Last chance to answer...continue to ignore and you'll receive my vote.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:08 am

Post by Oman »

Meh.

That spacecase post doesn't count as not lurking.

Sorry.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Spacecase
Spacecase
Goon
Spacecase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Spacecase »

I actually did state my purpose in why i wanted to lynch Kab. You just never really looked at it. I thought that it was scummy of what he started saying towards the end of the day. Plus i have been trying to answer all the questions you have asked such as the death threats and what not.
Get Lynched!
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:49 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

Spacecase wrote:I actually did state my purpose in why i wanted to lynch Kab. You just never really looked at it. I thought that it was scummy of what he started saying towards the end of the day. Plus i have been trying to answer all the questions you have asked such as the death threats and what not.
What I was hoping to get was a little more explanation as to exactly what about Kab's statement seemed scummy enough for you to hammer. Just saying that his statement seemed scummy doesn't explain much...

You said a couple of different things like:

- Kab was trying to be honorable, which looked scummy.
- Even Vollkan thought Kab was a good lynch candidate.

The fact that you would have Kabenon so low on your scumdar that you would caution the town against lynching him, and then shortly thereafter consider him scummy enough to hammer is of interest to me.

I'd really be interested in hearing in detail greater than 'oh, Kab's statement seemed scummy,' as to how everything played into your decision, and made you change your mind so quickly.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by vollkan »

MadCrawdad wrote:
Spacecase wrote:I actually did state my purpose in why i wanted to lynch Kab. You just never really looked at it. I thought that it was scummy of what he started saying towards the end of the day. Plus i have been trying to answer all the questions you have asked such as the death threats and what not.
What I was hoping to get was a little more explanation as to exactly what about Kab's statement seemed scummy enough for you to hammer. Just saying that his statement seemed scummy doesn't explain much...

You said a couple of different things like:

- Kab was trying to be honorable, which looked scummy.
- Even Vollkan thought Kab was a good lynch candidate.

The fact that you would have Kabenon so low on your scumdar that you would caution the town against lynching him, and then shortly thereafter consider him scummy enough to hammer is of interest to me.

I'd really be interested in hearing in detail greater than 'oh, Kab's statement seemed scummy,' as to how everything played into your decision, and made you change your mind so quickly.
QFT

Space, the point here is that you were expressly against the lynch, but then you turned round based on the "honourable" thing and you seem to somehow rely on my behaviour. Moreover, you then appeal to hammer "always" being scummy

This raises the following questions:
1) Why was the honourable thing scummy? The last time you mentioned it was:
Space wrote:
Kab, watch you said is scummy to me becasue you are trying to be "honorable", I guess you could say and just offering yourself up which I'm thinking is a last ditch effort to sway the vote away from you. vote Kabenon007
space wrote: I'm pretty sure that the claim i made answers your question. It seemed scummy to me that he would say that it was an honorable way to sacrificing himself to the town.
You haven't explained how it is scummy. You've given an interpretation of his behaviour...and that swings your whole opinion round?!? Don't get me wrong, the honourable stuff is relevant and you should have brought it up, but it is hardly damning.

2) Reference to me. Explain the relevance of my behaviour to yours.

3) Hammer
I am talking about this post:
Space wrote: Listen the lynch was better then no lynch at all. And yes i did change my views 15 posts later. But the person to throw down the hammer is always going to look suspicious.
The first on the wagon is no less responsible than the hammerer. The fact you hammered is not the problem here - it's the fact that your hammer involved a last minute reversal (smacks of opportunism) and that your subsequent explanations have been scummy.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Shteven »

I'm reading Fonz's response to me and it's certainly very town sounding. However, he didn't quite answer the question, which leaves me scratching my head a bit.

Basically, I said he is echoing town sentiments - he defended this quite reasonably and all is fine. But after I made that claim I asked him who he felt was scummy - and if it was the popular choices of the day to then give at least one non-popular choice. He hasn't done that, although he did comment on the MC/Oman discussion. Fine comments on it too - just nothing ground breaking.

So, try #2: Fonz (and anyone else who'd like to answer):
Do you think there's anyone scummy who isn't being discussed much today?

I ask because while I still think Spacecase is our best chance at finding scum today, I'm not certain of it. And regardless of his alignment, the more discussion on the more players we have, the better.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:14 pm

Post by Cipher »

I think Phate is scummy and not being discussed much today.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:33 am

Post by dahill1 »

you think? or investigated?
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Phate »

Cipher, why do you think I'm scummy?

dahill, why are you fishing?
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by dahill1 »

cipher has claimed cop already...
i was just wondering if he knew for sure or was just speculating
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I don't think Cipher has had a chance to investigate yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but investigations are only at night and cipher just replaced Jess "today" (as in game time).
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Oman »

No, Cipher/Jesse never investigated Phate.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by dahill1 »

oh sorry my mistake...Day 3 has been long
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by Cipher »

All of my results have already been claimed by Jesse.

Phate was Bizarro Spacecase at the end of yesterday, going from "This is where I would vote kab, except that it would put him at L-1" to "The case on kab isn't great, in my opinion. I don't think he's scum" faster than a speeding bullet.

I don't particularly buy the "It's odd that you think willingness to lynch and certainty of alignment go hand-in-hand" defence, either.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:29 am

Post by dahill1 »

so who do you think would be more likely to be scum? spacecase or phate? or possibly both?
Spacecase
Spacecase
Goon
Spacecase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Spacecase »

Alright think about it, Kab starts refuting the claim that he isn't scummy and then he kinda turns around and says lynch me now. That didn't sit right with me when i heard it. Also, sorry for quoting you volkan.
Get Lynched!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by vollkan »

Space wrote: Alright think about it, Kab starts refuting the claim that he isn't scummy and then he kinda turns around and says lynch me now. That didn't sit right with me when i heard it.
"Didn't sit right" with you? Does that make it strong enough to prompt your 180?
space wrote: Also, sorry for quoting you volkan.
No offense taken ... :roll:

Now, explain why you did it.
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Cipher »

dahill1 wrote:so who do you think would be more likely to be scum? spacecase or phate? or possibly both?
I could probably take either, they're very similar reasons. My gut feel is that it's more likely that they're scum together than one of each.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:09 am

Post by The Fonz »

Shteven wrote:I'm reading Fonz's response to me and it's certainly very town sounding. However, he didn't quite answer the question, which leaves me scratching my head a bit.
Because, forgive me, it's a silly question. If I had a particularly strong scumread on someone, I'd mention it, wouldn't I? I said yesterday that the reasoning behind the Kab wagon was not particularly strong, but the best we had. If I'd found a more obviously scummy-looking player, and Lord knows I looked, I'd have tried to form a wagon there. My acquiescence in the Kab wagon indicates I didn't. Since then, we've had a couple of interesting things- the spacecase switch, dahill's entry, Justin's death, and the Oman/MCD spat.

I've yet to see a good explanation of spacecase's action. Then again, it's conspicuous that no-one has explained why they think spacecase might have thought it in his interest to reverse his position like that, when the townie in question would have died anyway. Also, I'm mildly curious, if SC is scum, why didn't any competent scumbuddy try to ensure that spacecase had a reasonable case to hand before daybreak.

Also, shteven, I'd kinda like to know why we're singling me out here. No-one's really made a case against a player other than the 'obvious.' Why are you putting this to me alone?
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Shteven »

You might just be right about it being silly. I didn't want day 2 to focus too heavily on just spacecase though. Also, I did open the question to anyone in my last post - I originally chose you because I felt your posts were only talking about "safe" topics.

So far only cipher answered, saying Phate deserved more attention. Not much explanation there though. Why, Cipher?

It just seems like we're mostly discussing spacecase/oman/madcrawdad and not many others. Maybe I should go read day 2 over again - there was some discussion of phate early on for being surprised that Jesse had lived through night 1. And he did vote for oman pretty quickly.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:50 am

Post by The Fonz »

Phate was the only other one I really thought had done anything bad yesterday, but if you re-read him as a whole, there's nothing really compelling to go on him.

Also, you're ignoring the possibility that whilst we discuss those two players, we might yet throw up something on someone else. Discussion often focusses on a coupla players for long periods of mafia games, doesn't it?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”