Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 5

Blazerunner [5] (the silent speaker, Greggo, mnowax, malthusis, vikingfan)
mnowax [1] (curiouskarmadog)
the silent speaker [1] (Blazerunner)
Greggo [1] (ZaneWasHere)

Not Voting [7]: mypenguinkat, Occult, vollkan, stark, Yosarian2, armlx, springlullaby

5 top of page vote counts in a row!?!? Gotta be a record.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Guardian »

springlullaby
Occult
malthusis
mnowax

have picked up their prods.
Do not lynch me.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

So what I am saying is mnowax CANT HAVE investigative info on me that blames me for DGB's death

Does that mean mnowax is guilty? Not with absolute certainty. I want him now to explain what exactly makes him think I killed DGB. If he can give a reasonable explanation that DOES NOT INVOLVE investigations, he
might
be town.

As I dont think he can do it,
vote: mnowax

If you can explain it reasonably, my apologizes and I will take my vote away.

If he does claim to have investigative info that blames me for that death, then he is guilty. If he does it, you can:
A)Believe me and agree he is scum or
B)Not believe me, lynch me for that and, after I die, you will see he really couldnt have had that info, and will believe he is scum

Either way, truth will come out, of that I am 100% sure
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Occult »

I don't know if getting a full claim out of mno would be smart or helpful but after a reread, im not liking him very much right now...
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by armlx »

BR: You saying "Mno is lying if he claims to have investigative results on me" is dumb. Not gonna help your case at all. Investigation result > you.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by armlx »

BTW, Guardian, Random Mafia is also 5 for 5 on top of page vote counts. No record, sorry.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:03 am

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote:BR: You saying "Mno is lying if he claims to have investigative results on me" is dumb. Not gonna help your case at all. Investigation result > you.
I know it. I dont want to help my case, specially because this argument can be reversed. In everyibody else's point of view, its my word against his. He can even reverse my argument, saying, for example:

"I am a watcher and he went to DGB. You can:
A)Believe me and agree Blazerunner is scum or
B)Not believe me, lynch me and, when you see my role, agree Blazerunner is scum"

So I dont want to help my case on this argument. I want to help town. Lynch me if you like, but if it turns up I am innocent, after you see my role, you will have to believe I didnt go to DGB, an then you can be 100% certain mnowax is lying, unless his acusation on me has nothing to do with investigative roles.

What I mean is, you can believe me, or lynch me. If you lynch me and I am lying now, perhaps you will see there "Blazeruuner, psycho al-qaeda terrosist of d00m lynched D1". But if you lynch me and see "Blazerunner, innocent role lynched D1", then you will know I am telling the truth. And, based on my night acitions (or no night action), he cant have anything that blames me for DGB, so he was lying.

But this is not an argument to save me from lynching.

In what refers to saving my ass, this is just me claiming "Hey, I am innocent and didnt even visit DGB, not even as doc, or cop or whatever".

In what refers to helping the town, I am saying "If you ever believe I am telling the truth (witch may be now or after I am dead), I didnt visit DGB and even if mnowax was a cop, watcher and tracker AT THE SAME TIME it would be logically impossible for his investigations to conclude I killed DGB"
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

armlx wrote:BR: You saying "Mno is lying if he claims to have investigative results on me" is dumb.
Unless it's true...

Anyway, I think we need to here from Mnowax now.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:29 am

Post by mnowax »

i cannot by any means let go of my role information, but i can tell you that it wasn't because i am a cop and have a guilty on him. The only way i would get a guilty on you ( like almost everyone has said) is if you were in a cult. Even if i got a guilty on you, i couldn't be sure that you killed anyone. So there must be a reason why i know. And i Guarantee that if he comes up as town ( which i believe is a remote chance) i will absolutely explain everything the next day, and everyone can decide what to do with me.
Sure one more time for fun.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Blazerunner »

mnowax wrote:i cannot by any means let go of my role information, but i can tell you that it wasn't because i am a cop and have a guilty on him. The only way i would get a guilty on you ( like almost everyone has said) is if you were in a cult. Even if i got a guilty on you, i couldn't be sure that you killed anyone. So there must be a reason why i know. And i Guarantee that if he comes up as town ( which i believe is a remote chance) i will absolutely explain everything the next day, and everyone can decide what to do with me.
What I am assuring is that, if your suposed reason has anything to do with investigations (be it cop, watcher, tracker), you and I know it is fake. The town cant be sure of that. But it is in your best interest to give a reason not based on investigations. A reason why you think I killed DGB. You even said it had something to do with something I said. So say it. It wont reveal your role.

If you say you cant do it without revealing your role, then I will say you are definetly guilty, because there is no way any roles in this game would link me to DGB today. So if you have an explanation, and if it is true, then it CANT DEPEND on any role ability or night choice you made. If the town doesnt believe in what I am saying, too bad, I am going down. But then what I am saying will be proven true. And then, you are going down together.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Blazerunner »

One more thing, you saying "there must be a reason why i know" is completely dumb. Everyone can just look at the first wagon to form, and claim to have occult reasons to be sure he is guilty.

I think you honestly believe I am scum. And I think you are betting on it to try to land a fake "claim", meaning you arent in fact claiming, but, if turns out I am mafia, everybody will believe your reasons make you a town power role. You just placed a bad bet this time man.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Guardian »

stark has picked up his prod.
Do not lynch me.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by malthusis »

One more thing, you saying "there must be a reason why i know" is completely dumb. Everyone can just look at the first wagon to form, and claim to have occult reasons to be sure he is guilty.
I don't really get this. Mnowax was the target of a wagon yes, but how does that mean he is scum?
I think you honestly believe I am scum.
(Stating the obvious)
And I think you are betting on it to try to land a fake "claim", meaning you arent in fact claiming, but, if turns out I am mafia, everybody will believe your reasons make you a town power role.

There's no mafia in cultafia Blaze.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Guardian »

malthusis has picked up his prod.
Do not lynch me.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by armlx »

Yosarian2 wrote:
armlx wrote:BR: You saying "Mno is lying if he claims to have investigative results on me" is dumb.
Unless it's true...

Anyway, I think we need to here from Mnowax now.
Even if it is true, its not like we are going to take his word over Mno's without a massively drastic reason.

However, I believe such a reason may be arising given Mno refuses to claim his role in a game with open roles.....
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Norinel »

I've returned, but haven't completely caught up yet. To answer the questions posed in the meantime:
armlx wrote:Actually, could I get some mod clarification on this? Does [SK/Cult leader kill immunity] mean

A) The first night kill attempt on them that game or
B) The first NK attempt each night.

I'm assuming A.
Yes, A.
Blazerunner wrote:
mod, I posted this a while ago

Blazerunner wrote:Speaking about hammer,
I have a question to mod
: How long will twilight last, from the hammer to the death, when the person lynched cant speak anymore? (not exactly, just an estimation). I need to know this in case I get hammered, and for the reason above, and even regardless of people's alignment (the people not posting might all agree Im scum and vote me in quick succession)
Even with some unvotes, I would still like to know about twilight. I believe you might not have seen this question as I didnt bold it and was in the middle of a long post. Id jus like to know if there is twilight in your games, and how long. If you cant give me that info, just say it, too
I discourage revealing critical information during twilight, although there's little I can do to prevent it. I will lock the thread once I notice that somebody's reached the relevant votes to lynch.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

armlx wrote: Even if it is true, its not like we are going to take his word over Mno's without a massively drastic reason.
In a normal game, I would agree with you. But in a game like this, I could see a random cult recruit intentionally sacrificing himself in order to cause one random mislynch; it might not be a bad trade for the cult in this game.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Blazerunner »

malthusis wrote:
I don't really get this. Mnowax was the target of a wagon yes, but how does that mean he is scum?
I am speaking about myself. I was the target of a wagon, the first one. It is very easy for him to look at me and say "Hey, I have a reason that makes me almost 100% sure he killed DGB" and not specify it.
malthusis wrote:
I think you honestly believe I am scum.
(Stating the obvious)
Not at all, he could be scum himself and believe me to be town, and do this to frame me. What I am saying is that I think he is gambling. He looked at me and actually thought I am scum. SO he makes a fake "claim" hoping I get lynched, and if I end up being guilty (and he thinks I will), no one will doubt his "claim". He wouldnt do this if he thought I was innocent, just to frame me, cause when my role was revealed, he would be in trouble.

What I really meant is "I think you honestly believe I am scum, but I am 100% sure that you honestly know you have nothing that links me to DGB". This isnt obvious.
And I think you are betting on it to try to land a fake "claim", meaning you arent in fact claiming, but, if turns out I am mafia, everybody will believe your reasons make you a town power role.

There's no mafia in cultafia Blaze.[/quote]

Sorry, I meant cult, was in kind of a hurry.

So, putting everything together: if mnowax thinks I killed DGB and this is not because of him having investigated me, then he has NOTHING to lose revealing his reasons to think I killed him. This is obvious. If it doesnt depend on his role, then it is something I posted here in public, and he wouldnt need to claim any role nor expose himself by just quoting the parts where I act like I had killed DGB.

Now, if he cant expose his reasons like that, then I cant think of any reason for him not explaining, except if it had to do with an investigation. If anyone can think of a reason, please tell me. BUT, if it HAS something to do with his investigations, (and he shows that by not revealing his evidence), then I am SURE it is fake, because with the roles we might have in this game, NOTHING he could have done night 0 would link me to DGB, given my true night action/un-action
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:59 am

Post by armlx »

Yosarian2 wrote:
armlx wrote: Even if it is true, its not like we are going to take his word over Mno's without a massively drastic reason.
In a normal game, I would agree with you. But in a game like this, I could see a random cult recruit intentionally sacrificing himself in order to cause one random mislynch; it might not be a bad trade for the cult in this game.
If the rules didn't insinuate multiple cults I would agree. However, a cult sacrificing one of its members for 2 "wasted" (read: not cult leader or SK) lynches automatically loses the race with the other cult especially since their best weapon against the other is what is getting wasted. The cult recruit's team isn't gaining the most value out of the play, the (presumed) other cult and (presumed) SK are gaining the most.
mypenguinkat
mypenguinkat
Townie
mypenguinkat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:32 am

Post by mypenguinkat »

vote mnowax
. after reading through, it seems to me that he is talking a lot, but not actually saying anything of substance.
Kat
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:41 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Well, I a definitely torn today. Even though, Monowax's says there is no wiggle room tomorrow for his claim it seems off, which as I said leaves me torn. I am comfortable with my vote for now and want to see what comes out of it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Armlx continues to confirm my opinion of him. Indeed, I was starting to wonder along similar lines to those I think he is wondering, but am content to hear out mnowax before doing anything drastic.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Occult »

I say we lynch everyone alphabetically until we hit the cult leader.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

Just one thing I noticed, I didnt unvote before voting mnowax, so, to make it clear to mod...

unvote; vote:mnowax
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by armlx »

the silent speaker wrote: I ... am content to hear out mnowax before doing anything drastic.
Agree.

Another good thing about this scenario is it rules out mno as a good lynch target. Either he is town A) telling the truth or B) running a gigantic gambit or a recruit. None of those is an optimal lynch candidate, correct?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”