dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:53 am

Post by dahill1 »

Shteven wrote:It's certainly odd, yet it's true that there are many mistakes that can be made in mafia that don't truly yield any role information.
That is true and could very well be true for phate as well.
but for right now i want to focus the attention on spacecase, so we can see what happens after he's lynched (if he is)
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

dahill1 wrote: That is true and could very well be true for phate as well.
but for right now i want to focus the attention on spacecase, so we can see what happens after he's lynched (if he is)
I agree with your sentiments about it being true for Phate. However, being a tad presumptious about Spacecase, aren't we? :shock: (You do add an important disclaimer, given that barely half the needed votes are on him. But notice the difference in effects by putting important things in parentheses. My post goes from an out and out accusation on you to understanding I am taking you out of context. I'll get to this in a second).

I must point out that this thinking is one of the reasons the Kab lynch became inevitable. And we all know how that turned out. A lot of people thought that way. Hell I did. I am concerned that the mafia latch onto one central premis or mistake in a player, then attack him until they are blue in the face. I think the latest one is the flip flop of SC and "newbie mistakes." I'm gonna do a cross reference of who keeps making the same arguments aginst SC as they did Kab and has now been against Oman and apparently dahil (that one includes me). I will not be on tomorrow, but I have a pretty good idea who this turns out to be.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

ABWOP I didnt really explain my first point. The "in a second" stuff is this. Mafia gradually advance a wagon by insuating somthing Stuff added as after thoughts prove more damaging to the person under scrutiny. The mafia person is not connected to it because it wasn't their main argument. Someone like me picks up on it and plays off of it- they get the blame for attacking an innocent. The original main argument becomes something all together different by the use of parentheses or side thought or whatever.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by dahill1 »

i wasn't using it as a second argument, i'm just saying it's possible that SC could not be lynched if something suspicious turns up.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'm going to be away from my computer until wednesday afternoon. Since that is just over 48hrs, I thought I'd post to let everyone know.
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Cipher »

dahill1 wrote:i wasn't using it as a second argument, i'm just saying it's possible that SC could not be lynched if something suspicious turns up.
Nothing suspicious is going to turn up if we just keep talking about Spacecase.

The other thing on Phate was his thing about being surprised Jesse was still alive. I looked up that congratulating the doctor thing that he mentioned in the same post and apparently it is a real scumtell - does this apply any less because he brought it up himself?
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:16 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

@ farside

farside22 wrote:Right now reading today I like what MadCrawdad found on space case and his reasoning seems weak.
FOS: Space case

I need to do a reread of yesterday to figure things out, but that is good to have for now
Early on Day 3 you FoS'ed Spacecase, claiming that you were also going to reread and 'figure things out.' As your attention hasn't been anywhere else (other than SC), is it safe to assume that your 'figuring things out' was a bust?

@ Phate
Phate wrote:I don't think randomly lynching among people the cop talked about is a good idea, Oman.
Phate wrote:This is probably a bit hypocritical on my part, given my lack of posting, but I'm not a fan of lurker lynches, and SpaceCase's wagon is growing really fast. I don't like it.
Phate wrote:Cipher, why do you think I'm scummy?
dahill, why are you fishing?
Phate wrote:dahill, why is my not paying attention to cop claims a scumtell? Unless you prove that scum are less likely than town to pay attention to roleclaims (good luck with that), you can take that out of your argument.
Phate, these are all of your posts from Day 3. Most of them pretty much appear to be defensive in nature, with you occasionally popping in when someone mentions your name. None of them appear to be at all helpful in hunting down scum.

Wouldn't a player have a better chance of showing their innocence by actually helping root out evil, versus just saying "I'm not scum" whenever their name comes up?
Spacecase
Spacecase
Goon
Spacecase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Spacecase »

Alright maybe I try to explain better why I voted to kill Kab. When the first post happened I thought that the wagon was a scum driven wagon. I didn't think that he was scum at all. But, what Kab said 15 posts later changed my opinion. You can't tell me that you have never changed your opinion 10 to 20 posts later.

I hope that this gives you a better understanding of my thought process.
Get Lynched!
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:51 am

Post by dahill1 »

on the kab bandwagon justin fairplay was the second to vote..
did you think he was part of the scum driving it?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by vollkan »

Spacecase wrote: Alright maybe I try to explain better why I voted to kill Kab. When the first post happened I thought that the wagon was a scum driven wagon. I didn't think that he was scum at all. But, what Kab said 15 posts later changed my opinion. You can't tell me that you have never changed your opinion 10 to 20 posts later.

I hope that this gives you a better understanding of my thought process.
We're building up a picture of space's mind...slowly

1) Why did you think it was a scum wagon?
2) Who did you think were scum on the wagon?
3) Why was Kab's post enough to change you from not thinking he "was scum at all" to being lynch-worthy? I've changed my opinion many-a-time as well, but I can't recall ever not explaining why. I want you to explain to me what was
so scummy
about Kab's posts that it was enough to prompt a complete turnabout for you.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

@MCD: I know I'm not around as much, but I did state the following that still hasn't been answered or commented on.
farside22 wrote:I just went over spacecase comments more. Here were some things that really stood out.

Spacecase: Post 61 hinting at interrogating veteran players. Post 65 agrees that CKD was deliberate to be taken out night 0. Post 63 says Wesaq confused him. Post 68 votes against Wesaq. Why wait to vote against a person you feel confused about 5 post later? Post 174 expresses doubt in claimed cop Jesse. Other things noted:

Im going to have to agree, lynching Kab would solve nothing and hurt us in the long run. But thats my personal opinion.
vollkan wrote:
Kab has been the best firm lead I have been able to find thus far. I do think he is the scummiest thus far, and that he is a decent lynch.

Is this inferring that we should lynch him and get it over with?
Kab, watch you said is scummy to me becasue you are trying to be "honorable", I guess you could say and just offering yourself up which I'm thinking is a last ditch effort to sway the vote away from you. vote Kabenon007
Confirm vote: Spacecase was posting carefully day 1, but not enough to get ignored. When Justin asked him some questions he only really answered one of the accusations.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Townie
Perfectiondoesnotexist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:14 am

Post by Perfectiondoesnotexist »

I think Cipher is almost certainly our cop because he has not been counterclaimed. The mafia will probably roleblock him, but if we doctor protect him and he can't get results, the mafia will probably pick us off. At least I have one less suspect.
Byebye
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:25 am

Post by Oman »

Mafia can roleblock in this setup?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:28 am

Post by Cipher »

Nope.

Also,
Vote: Phate

I feel good about this choice.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:20 am

Post by vollkan »

Oman wrote: Mafia can roleblock in this setup?
Nothing about mafia RB on page 1.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:46 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

Perfectiondoesnotexist wrote:I think Cipher is almost certainly our cop because he has not been counterclaimed. The mafia will probably roleblock him, but if we doctor protect him and he can't get results, the mafia will probably pick us off. At least I have one less suspect.
LaptopGun has been 'cleared' by the likely cop, which means there are two fewer suspects...
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

I'm back. Sadly my re-read and analysis really only told me that everyone who's posted in this thread has looked scummy at various points :roll: . What a great use of time... Oh boy. Moreover my original boogey man theory still looks possible (so maybe the same mafia forces are at work), but my prime suspect Justin turned out to be cop. So it isn't possible.

My time was spent well in other things, just not looking this stuff over.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Shteven »

Cipher wrote:The other thing on Phate was his thing about being surprised Jesse was still alive. I looked up that congratulating the doctor thing that he mentioned in the same post and apparently it is a real scumtell - does this apply any less because he brought it up himself?
I would think that kind of tell is usually brought up by yourself. How would someone else bring it up for you? I can't think of any way that wouldn't reflect more poorly on the initial asker than the second person.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Cipher
Cipher
Townie
Cipher
Townie
Townie

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by Cipher »

I mean that he brought up the fact that it was a tell himself. It seems to me like the smart thing to do would be not to say it in the first place, so I'm not sure what he was trying to achieve by pretty much saying "I know this is scummy, but..."
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:00 am

Post by LaptopGun »

Cipher, in many cases people can do that. Doesn't matter whther they are town or scum. THe player doesn't want to look scummy, so they try to make it ok by saying "Yeah in many cases this is a scum move, but see I know it is so I'm being reasonable here. Don't call me on it." Or something like that. Of course, notice I don't say it's worthless. Catching a player in one could be a potential scumtell; unfortunately it's just as easy to catch a power role in one.

You brought up a very interesting case. I think it was a good idea to; moreover, you are not sticking with the flow of the wagons... er events :)
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:10 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

farside22 wrote:@MCD: I know I'm not around as much, but I did state the following that still hasn't been answered or commented on. <snip>
@ farside

Here's a quote where you mention that most of the time, lurkers are scum. As we've got several of them in this game, do you stand by your comment that most lurkers are scum?
farside22 wrote:
Shteven wrote:P.S. Didn't like the case on melody man day 2, still don't. Seems to basically be "he's lurking". Probably right on that, doesn't sell me as him being scum though.
It was also his lack of reasoning when he voted. Lurkers can sometimes be scum (most times). Depends on the person and if they know how to bluff well in these games.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:16 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

[quote="dahill1]That is true and could very well be true for phate as well.
but for right now i want to focus the attention on spacecase, so we can see what happens after he's lynched (if he is)[/quote]

@dahill

This comment is interesting, to say the least...

Wouldn't you agree that it's more pro-town to focus attention where necessary (to try to maximize the chances of lynching scum), versus focusing all attention on one individual in hopes that more information will come to light after the lynch?
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:18 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

MadCrawdad wrote:
dahill1 wrote:That is true and could very well be true for phate as well.
@dahill

Wouldn't you agree that it's more pro-town to focus attention where necessary (to try to maximize the chances of lynching scum), versus focusing all attention on one individual in hopes that more information will come to light after the lynch?
sorry, botched the quote tag in the previous post... it should read as shown above.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Shteven »

General activity is slowing down - please post more people! This page, 23, has a few posts from sunday, but basically let's say it started on monday. If you haven't posted since then, it's about time to post now.

No posts on page 23: Phate & Rigel.

This is the main problem I have with Lynch All Lurkers - how do you pick just one? The lurker case was already made on spacecase, so this would now make 3. And the scum can pick one pretty easily for the town...
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:29 am

Post by dahill1 »

MadCrawdad wrote:
MadCrawdad wrote:
dahill1 wrote:That is true and could very well be true for phate as well.
@dahill

you're right we should focus attention where necessary, but i think right now that spacecase probably will be scum, and my only other suspicion is phate. we should lynch either phate or spacecase, and then depending on their role, look back on connections, etc.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”