Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count 8

Blazerunner [3] (mnowax, malthusis, vikingfan)
the silent speaker [2] (Occult, armlx)
mnowax [1] (Greggo)
Greggo [1] (NabakovNabakov)
vikingfan [1] (curiouskarmadog)
malthusis [1] (Yosarian2)

Not Voting [6]: Blazerunner, mypenguinkat, the silent speaker, vollkan, stark, springlullaby

8 to lynch
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:56 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

NabakovNabakov wrote: I forgot to comment on this in my replacement post, and I'm surprised nobody else really picked up on it (do our eyes go fuzzy once someone addresses something to the mod or something?) Asking about being able to talk in twilight would only make sense if Blazerunner had something to talk
about
. If he wasn't asking just to satisfy curiousity, this can mean one of two things:

1) He had information he would want to impart
2) He had instructions he would want to give
Or, possibly, he was worried someone else might have information about him, and wanted to know if he's be able to supress that information by hammering him.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:30 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Huh, didn't think about that. Blaze did say it was in case
he
got hammered, but that could have been misdirection.

I'd still like to hear from both Blaze and Mno on the subject.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Blazerunner »

NabakovNabakov wrote:This was directly above Mno's softclaim.
Blazerunner wrote: Speaking about hammer, I have a question to mod: How long will twilight last, from the hammer to the death, when the person lynched cant speak anymore? (not exactly, just an estimation). I need to know this in case I get hammered, and for the reason above, and even regardless of people's alignment (the people not posting might all agree Im scum and vote me in quick succession)
I forgot to comment on this in my replacement post, and I'm surprised nobody else really picked up on it (do our eyes go fuzzy once someone addresses something to the mod or something?) Asking about being able to talk in twilight would only make sense if Blazerunner had something to talk
about
. If he wasn't asking just to satisfy curiousity, this can mean one of two things:

Despite how convincing the SK hypothesis may be, neither 1 nor 2 would support it. Even if an indpendently alligned SK had information (gained through a failed kill perhaps) it would do him no good to inform the town after he's already been lynched, and it goes without saying that he would have no one to instruct.

But perhaps I'm making too much of this.

@Blazerunner: Care to explain?

@Mnowax: Is this what prompted your softclaim?
Yeah, I was wondering if nobody had seen it and wondered what that means. About Yos2, I wasnt in position to hammer anyone at the time I posted. When I repeat my question, I was in even less position to hammer anyone, I was on L2. So this post actualy meant I wanted to give information. 2 possibilities:

-I am in a cult, either as recruit or recruiter, and wanted to say something I noticed adressing it "To my fellow cultist" without drawing any more suspicious (after all, I would be in fact dead)

-I am a town power role, and wanted to give a report, but didnt give it for being afraid of claiming.

But I hoped that people who got to this conclusion kept this ounder the radar, cause it means I am a recruit, recruiter or town power roles.
All of these roles would probably been killed at night, probably by SK, cause all are very harmfull to him

So by pointing this out, you are basically giving me a death sentence tonight. So, I must claim now.

I am a roleblocker turned cultist. What I needed to telll is this:
night zero I blocked TSS
. That is what I wanted at that time. Now, this info is really significant, both to tonw as to my recruiter. We can get to these conclusions.

-As the vig probably didnt kill tonight, DGB was probably killed by the SK. So TSS is probably not the killer.

- People are suspecting a cult conection between TSS and mnowax. The only possible reason for this would be if mnowax was the recruiter, as TSS cant have recruited himself, and they probably arent masons, or mnowax wouldnt be claiming an information role.
As has been stated, mnowax is probably not the recruiter (for fake cclaiming), so he is either town or a recruit sacrificing himself. I think this is likely, because, as I visited TSS, he really cant have anything linking me to DGB.

Why am I claiming this out loud, in stead of avoiding lynch and talking about it at night with the recruiter? Because info on the other cult recruiter, and on the SK helps my cult, even (or secially) if town knows it too. I wouldnt make it trought the night anyway, and I am sure I didnt give any leads to the recruiter, so If I am gonna die, Id ather town knows my night choice before being recruited.

On a side note: SK and vig, I wouldnt kill me tonight, if I am not lynched, cause watcher will oprobably be on me. So, give it some time, I say
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:09 am

Post by armlx »

That last post is so insane, I don't know what to think.

Cult recruit narrowing down the possibilities for who their cult leader is?

Directing 2 town roles and a scum group? The real reason vigging you might be bad is the vig probably wants to hunt down cult leaders/sk's, not recruits, not that the watcher should be watching you.

I guess this probably makes Mno the other recruit then, or a lying steadfast who is trying to pull a rediculous gambit. First seems most likely IMO.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:30 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

what the fuck did I just read?

ok I got to reread.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Blazerunner wrote: But I hoped that people who got to this conclusion kept this ounder the radar
Sorry dude, but the town doesn't deal in secrecy. Why didn't you just send a PM to the mod? Did you want people to pick up on this?

And honestly, I don't see why this is something you would risk your life for. What have we learned? If TSS had a night action, it didn't go through. The only thing that can really prove is that TSS isn't the SK. Anything else is just wild speculation.

Some thinking points

What kind of a cult leader would recruit Blazerunner N0. No offense to him, but there were certainly some far more eligible candidates on the player list that could have been culted instead. This isn't even a situation where WIFOM would apply because it would all happen silently and without precedent. Possibilities:
-Cult leader is inexperienced himself.
-Cult leader is lazy and/or ignorant of strategy.
-Cult leader was afraid that prime targets would be watched or double targeted.

Is Blazerunner playing it straight with us? I can't honestly see why any pro-town role with an iota of sense would go and do something so silly, but just because Blaze is a recruit doesn't mean he speaks the truth. The possibility for a gambit (either brilliant or completely misinformed, there is no middle-ground) exists. Alternately, this could be a last ditch effort by an SK to escape trouble, though it doesn't seem as if Blaze is anywhere close to the last dtich considering the prevailing attitude on keeping SK's alive and the fact that being a suspected SK seems much better for one's health than being a claimed recruit.

The best course of action at this point is probably to go back over Blaze's posts and search for potential leaders. If Blaze was sloppy enough to make this claim, there's probably evidence of his recruiter somewhere in the thread.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Uh, ok. So, do we want to lynch Blaze today, on the theory he might be lying and even if he's not it's still not that bad of a lynch, or lynch someone else and hope he gets vigged tonight?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I would say lynch someone else and keep Blaze in reserve. We can be pretty sure from this point that he's a recruit, but it's already been said that lynching recruits is not the way to win this game. His power to influence has been neutralized, and all he has after that is his vote, and even using that would be a double-edged sword considering that everybody
knows
it's the vote of a cultist.

I wouldn't even suggest that a vig target him considering that vigs are perhaps our best probes on cult leaders and SK's. A suspected leader is a more viable target than a confirmed recruit.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

As a mere explanation as to why I did it. I was realizing I messed up real bad my game, first with my suggestion of lynching claimed people (I realy thought at the time it could be good), wich made me the center of the game, and the second is this:
NabakovNabakov wrote: Sorry dude, but the town doesn't deal in secrecy. Why didn't you just send a PM to the mod? Did you want people to pick up on this?
Yeah, you are right. I should have done it. I just didnt think about it then.

So, as I was pretty sure I wouldnt make it to day 2 after nabakov pointed out my mess, I just went for this. Some crazy idea, just came to my mind, and I thoguht could be fun, and perhaps usefull.

If my ally and helpful enemies got the message, and if perhaps my dangerous enemies get puzzled tying to figure out my mess, It is not as bad. Worse could happen is I die before day 2, witch I think would happen anyway.

But perhaps I
am
doing something plain dumb, and should have resisted to boredom and "fear of the night". If that turns out to be the case, too bad :(
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by springlullaby »

I'm for a Blaze lynch. If his last post is genuine, then there is no reason to keep him alive as he will use his ability to work against town.

If his last post is not genuine, then he must be disassembling to hide something even worst because he could have ridden the day out on the basis of being a suspected SK.

Blaze, why should we keep a scum roleblocker alive?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

There is no such thing as a Cult Roleblocker
Cult Recruit Role PM wrote: You have been recruited by the [cultname] Cult, led by [name] and also composed of [names]. You may communicate with the rest of the cult at night.
You lose all other abilities you previously had
, except that if you were a Mason, you can still talk to your fellow Masons at night.

You win when your cult cannot be eradicated, or such a situation is inevitable.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Blazerunner wrote: Some crazy idea, just came to my mind, and I thoguht could be fun, and perhaps usefull.

If my ally and helpful enemies got the message, and if perhaps my dangerous enemies get puzzled tying to figure out my mess, It is not as bad. Worse could happen is I die before day 2, witch I think would happen anyway.

But perhaps I
am
doing something plain dumb, and should have resisted to boredom and "fear of the night". If that turns out to be the case, too bad :(
What? You're making less and less sense. Are you saying here that your last post was made up bullshit?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by armlx »

The vig is really just a every other night cop that if they miss has bad consquences for us. I'm thinking that rather than a miss, the auto take down of a single recruit might help slow the cults down a bit, though it might just weaken one cult on accident while the other runs rampant.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by springlullaby »

NabakovNabakov wrote:There is no such thing as a Cult Roleblocker
Cult Recruit Role PM wrote: You have been recruited by the [cultname] Cult, led by [name] and also composed of [names]. You may communicate with the rest of the cult at night.
You lose all other abilities you previously had
, except that if you were a Mason, you can still talk to your fellow Masons at night.

You win when your cult cannot be eradicated, or such a situation is inevitable.
Mm, missed that. Thank you.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

One more thing,
mod, I will be out this easter holiday
. Gonna go sleep soon, might still post if something interesting happens, but after I sleep, will probably post only on saturday night, or even on sunday.

Meanwhile, I will just
vote: Occult
. He voted armlx with no reasoning, just capital letters, armlx pointed that out, and then he turned to vote TSS with no reasoning. Only 2 posts later he explained why TSS. I dont think he is up to something good voting like that.

Not that I need to justify my votes right now.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

springlullaby wrote:What? You're making less and less sense. Are you saying here that your last post was made up bullshit?
Im not saying it was made up. It might have been
dumb
, that is why I am saying, or it might serve my purpuses, not tryng to get out of this just saying I faked that.

Even if I had faked, I wouldnt come with a "Sorry guys, I am really town, I feel just so bad for making this bullshit, forgive me" excuse that soon.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by vikingfan »

I'm almost wondering if it's worthwhile to ask the SK to kill him for us...since we're agreed that for now, the SK is beneficial to the town so we can kill the bigger danger. Of course, the SK is under no obligation to do so.

I'm also wondering if Blaze is claiming this as a gambit to stay alive if he's really the cult leader and he wants everyone to think he's a cultist so we'll leave him alive longer. I am convinced though that Blaze is a bad guy, whether SK, cult leader, or cultist. I just can't see any protown player saying what he has- it's totally counter to both the game and the town winning.

For now, though, I'm going in a slightly different path. Before we end today (whenever that is), I'd like good effort from our lurkers. As NN has so eloquently reminded me, this is cultafia, not mafia. As such, lurkers hurt us even more than usual: A) this is the 'purest' day possible, since on future days, we may have new cultists among us. As such, it's imperative that we have everybody posting so that we can detect possible changes in play/behavior from one day to the next. B) we need content from everybody so that when a member of a cult is found, we can analyze their posts and interaction with others. Lurking, to me, is simply unacceptable this game. I'm going to start with
unvote vote penguinkat
but others that NN mentioned need to start stepping up too.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Occult »

Unvote

I don't think that we can just leave blaze alone today. I say we lynch him, who knows we may hit cult leader. I just can't leave such a blatant claim (and then unclaim), he obviously made a gambit and when it didn't work, he took it back.

Vote Blaze

He may just be a recruit making a stupid move but he may also be a CL. If we can pin down his alignment we may be able to get some more information out of his posts.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:04 am

Post by vollkan »

Wow...I read blaze's post.
armlx wrote: I guess this probably makes Mno the other recruit then, or a lying steadfast who is trying to pull a rediculous gambit. First seems most likely IMO.
Maybe I missed something...How does it work that recruitMno would know to pull something like this on blaze?
NN wrote: What kind of a cult leader would recruit Blazerunner N0. No offense to him, but there were certainly some far more eligible candidates on the player list that could have been culted instead. This isn't even a situation where WIFOM would apply because it would all happen silently and without precedent. Possibilities:
-Cult leader is inexperienced himself.
-Cult leader is lazy and/or ignorant of strategy.
-Cult leader was afraid that prime targets would be watched or double targeted.
The only potential WIFOM potential I can see here is the very farsighted WIFOM of "Target blaze so that it looks like recruiter is a newb".
viking wrote: I'm almost wondering if it's worthwhile to ask the SK to kill him for us...since we're agreed that for now, the SK is beneficial to the town so we can kill the bigger danger. Of course, the SK is under no obligation to do so.
I am sure I read ages ago in MD that pacts with SKs are a very bad idea. The SK will only act out of self-interest, making reliance incredibly stupid.
Occult wrote: Unvote

I don't think that we can just leave blaze alone today. I say we lynch him, who knows we may hit cult leader. I just can't leave such a blatant claim (and then unclaim), he obviously made a gambit and when it didn't work, he took it back.

Vote Blaze
You've had a whole heap of good theory about why lynching him is not ideal, and you just resort to "we may hit cult leader"?
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Occult »

vollkan wrote:
Occult wrote: Unvote

Vote Blaze
You've had a whole heap of good theory about why lynching him is not ideal, and you just resort to "we may hit cult leader"?
Well..... I don't exactly know but it may have something to do with:
Blazerunner wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:This was directly above Mno's softclaim.
Blazerunner wrote: Speaking about hammer, I have a question to mod: How long will twilight last, from the hammer to the death, when the person lynched cant speak anymore? (not exactly, just an estimation). I need to know this in case I get hammered, and for the reason above, and even regardless of people's alignment (the people not posting might all agree Im scum and vote me in quick succession)
I forgot to comment on this in my replacement post, and I'm surprised nobody else really picked up on it (do our eyes go fuzzy once someone addresses something to the mod or something?) Asking about being able to talk in twilight would only make sense if Blazerunner had something to talk
about

Despite how convincing the SK hypothesis may be, neither 1 nor 2 would support it. Even if an indpendently alligned SK had information (gained through a failed kill perhaps) it would do him no good to inform the town after he's already been lynched, and it goes without saying that he would have no one to instruct.

But perhaps I'm making too much of this.

@Blazerunner: Care to explain?

@Mnowax: Is this what prompted your softclaim?
Yeah, I was wondering if nobody had seen it and wondered what that means. About Yos2, I wasnt in position to hammer anyone at the time I posted. When I repeat my question, I was in even less position to hammer anyone, I was on L2. So this post actualy meant I wanted to give information. 2 possibilities:

-I am in a cult, either as recruit or recruiter, and wanted to say something I noticed adressing it "To my fellow cultist" without drawing any more suspicious (after all, I would be in fact dead)

-I am a town power role, and wanted to give a report, but didnt give it for being afraid of claiming.

But I hoped that people who got to this conclusion kept this ounder the radar, cause it means I am a recruit, recruiter or town power roles.
All of these roles would probably been killed at night, probably by SK, cause all are very harmfull to him

So by pointing this out, you are basically giving me a death sentence tonight. So, I must claim now.

I am a roleblocker turned cultist. What I needed to telll is this:
night zero I blocked TSS
. That is what I wanted at that time. Now, this info is really significant, both to tonw as to my recruiter. We can get to these conclusions.

-As the vig probably didnt kill tonight, DGB was probably killed by the SK. So TSS is probably not the killer.

- People are suspecting a cult conection between TSS and mnowax. The only possible reason for this would be if mnowax was the recruiter, as TSS cant have recruited himself, and they probably arent masons, or mnowax wouldnt be claiming an information role.
As has been stated, mnowax is probably not the recruiter (for fake cclaiming), so he is either town or a recruit sacrificing himself. I think this is likely, because, as I visited TSS, he really cant have anything linking me to DGB.

Why am I claiming this out loud, in stead of avoiding lynch and talking about it at night with the recruiter? Because info on the other cult recruiter, and on the SK helps my cult, even (or secially) if town knows it too. I wouldnt make it trought the night anyway, and I am sure I didnt give any leads to the recruiter, so If I am gonna die, Id ather town knows my night choice before being recruited.

On a side note: SK and vig, I wouldnt kill me tonight, if I am not lynched, cause watcher will oprobably be on me. So, give it some time, I say

AND THEN:
Blazerunner wrote:As a mere explanation as to why I did it. I was realizing I messed up real bad my game, first with my suggestion of lynching claimed people (I realy thought at the time it could be good), wich made me the center of the game, and the second is this:
NabakovNabakov wrote: Sorry dude, but the town doesn't deal in secrecy. Why didn't you just send a PM to the mod? Did you want people to pick up on this?
Yeah, you are right. I should have done it. I just didnt think about it then.

So, as I was pretty sure I wouldnt make it to day 2 after nabakov pointed out my mess, I just went for this. Some crazy idea, just came to my mind, and I thoguht could be fun, and perhaps usefull.

But perhaps I
am
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:13 am

Post by mnowax »

who knew that a SK would be more beneficial to the town then a vig.
Sure one more time for fun.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:33 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Occult: I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying he's backing off the claim? He's not, he's just realizing it was a stupid move. Your vote reads more like OMGUS than anything else.

Mnowax: I'm not sure I understand your post. Elaborate please.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:47 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

fyi, this game is slated for a thorough reread this weekend (amoung others) to get caught back up.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:53 am

Post by armlx »

vollkan wrote:
armlx wrote: I guess this probably makes Mno the other recruit then, or a lying steadfast who is trying to pull a rediculous gambit. First seems most likely IMO.
Maybe I missed something...How does it work that recruitMno would know to pull something like this on blaze?
To be 100% honest, I'm not sure. Looking back I assumed the cult leaders could talk to new recruits as they were recruited at night, but its technically not night by that point.

I guess Mno could have just tried to run it on his own, but I'm doubting that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”