Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #328 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:25 am

Post by Thok »

Hi everybody. On my read of this game I noticed a few things. I want to do a reread however.

First, Lowell's an idiot. He's also probably protown.

Second, Happy Sadist looked suspicious, as he was basically only talking about mafia theory. Vaughn looks a lot better in his few posts however.

Thirdly, I noticed this quote by ibby about her suspects early on, and I feel like following up on it by putting pressure on somebody who hasn't had to say much.
unvote, vote kuribo

ibaesha wrote:I'm up to page 6 in reading more thoroughly. No detailed analysis yet (that'll probably come tomorrow), but I'm going to steal one of Pooky's schticks here and say:

Fearless Forecast: Rishi, someone2, and kiribu are teh scumbags.

Mod: Can we have a votecount please?

As an aside: There's a ton of info in this thread, including a lot of voting and interactions. I disagree with those that say that there isn't enough info yet. I don't necessarily find saying so suspicious, but I think it's wrong.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #339 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Thok »

Apologies to everybody. as I haven't had time to do a full reread yeat on this game. I'll try to get a big post done tomorrow. Maybe if I'm lucky I can get it up by tonight, but there's little chance of me doing it before then.

@kuribo-I feel like you haven't been put under any sort of pressure. And while you've said some stuff in your later posts, your first 15 posts or so can be summarized as "I find Lowell scummy like everybody else. We should lynch him."
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #363 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:56 pm

Post by Thok »

I should be more active by Saturday. (I'm proctoring and grading a final tomorrow.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #368 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by Thok »

Kicking myself into gear with respect to this game with a reread

Noticeable stuff:

Kuribo feels really defensive in his post 53 to Lowell's appearance and vote on him.

rite in 57 really quietly jumps on the Lowell wagon.

Don't like someone2's jump on LML/me in 61 for being interested in a lynch. How else are we going to catch scum?

I like Claus/CTD's 66. It shows a lot of thought into what's going on with the game.

kuribo tries to slowdown a someone2 wagon in 69, for no obvious reason other than to slow it down. Scum trying to save a partner? Scum trying to defend somebody to gain an ally/make himself look better?

Lowell's 70 is stupid. How about instead of say "FOS's are scummy", you actually respond to why peiople are giving you those FOS's? Feels like village idiot behavior.

Happy Saidst/Vaughn's 72 completely ignores the Lowell/Someone2 wagons? Weird.

Don't like rite's 75-keeping pressure on Lowell, not saying much else.

HS/Vaughn's 77 responds to stuff he didn't mention in 72. Makes 72 look better in context.

kuribo's 80 throws some light suspicion on BMQ/Ibby, and also essentially says "Let's lynch Lowell since in the best case he's an idiot." this is repeated in 86 (86 also has a fake accusation on Claus/CTD that seems to be easily refuted)

Lowell 91 is funny-People claiming to find two scum on day 1 are stupid. By the way, I've found two scum. Feels like more village idiocy.

death-omen's 92 has light suspicion on Lowell. Trying to stay away from the wagon?

random Beastly appearance in 93.

Like Happy Sadist's 98 and his 105.

Don't like someone2's ending to 150, which seems a way to shift some of the blame for a Lowell mislynch onto Rishi/death_omen.

Like CTD's argument against the Lowell lynch.

Nice catch by CTD in 163 to someone2's 162.

rite's 190 seems to be ignoring everything but Lowell.

kuribo is one of the people attacking someone2 for the 2 left thing, while still being on the Lowell wagon. This seems weird: kuribo's suspicious of someone2's putting Lowell on the borderline, but at the same time wants Lowell's head to chop. And he switches back to Lowell suspicions in 201 when people press Lowell's vote hopping.

Yuck, dislike kuribo's attack on rite about the deadline request, especially since the lynch it would mst likely bring about was one kuribo had been pushing forever. Granted, Idon't like rite's basicaly admitting to only be interested in a Lowell lynch.

Setael replaces in. She's posted more often then Beastly, who was essentially a nonentity. (death_omen and rite are also nonentities to some extent.)

Random weirdness-Lowell was at lynch -1/lynch -2 forever. Why didn't anybody ask for a claim? Or did I just miss that completely?

Bah-don't like kuribo's defense of someone2 in 306. I also dislike the whole "I found somebody else scummy, but I couldn't be bothered to get town to change their mind or even explain my change of mind."

Suspect list

Scummy
kuribo
rite
someone2
death_omen (simply for a total lack of presence in the game)

Neutral
beastly/Setael
Streeflo

Townie
Happy Sadist/Vaughn
Claus/CTD
Rishi
Lowell

Can see my own role PM
LML/DGB/Thok
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #369 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:02 am

Post by Thok »

Making a vote count for my own purposes.

kuribo 3 (Thok, Streeflo, someone2)
Someone2 1 (Vaughn)
Vaughn 1 (Lowell)
Rishi 1 (kuribo)

Not voting (5): (death_omen, Rishi, Rite, CrashTextDummie, Setael)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #374 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by Thok »

Hmm.
unvote kuribo
, to at least give riteReplacement a chance to try to verify Kuribo's story.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #381 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:27 am

Post by Thok »

Vaughn wrote:Isn't it strange that Kuribo clears the second-most scummy person on your list, Thok?
If Kuribo is a tracker, then al his result say is that rite didn't perform the mafia kill (or any other night action). Rite could still have a partner who did the mafia kill instead of him.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #395 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:44 am

Post by Thok »

CrashTextDummie wrote:Having said that, here's a question for Thok:
Could you elaborate why you have Vaughn and Rishi on your town list?

I'm currently leaning towards voting one of those two, but will have to do a proper reread before I can back it with an analysis.
Basically when I did my reread I liked a lot of the stuff Happy Sadist and Rishi said. (I think I mentioned in a few paranthetical comments in my big summary post several posts that I liked from Happy Sadist.)

Rishi alos gives the impression that he's interested in hunting scum.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #411 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Thok »

Thesp wrote:Also, everyone should be posting once a day, if they can, even if it's just to say hi.
Hi.

Also, I'm not particularly fond of either the Vaughn or kuribo bandwagons.

vote someone2
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #416 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Thok »

I agree with the comments that we need to lynch somebody today. While I don't think Vaughn is scum, I am willing to hammer him so that somebody gets lynched today. I would not be willing to hammer kuribo.
CrashTextDummie wrote:Follow-up question for Thok:
So you don't see any merit in the case Ibby and I formulated against Rishi on D1?
As far as I can tell, Ibby's case (which was mentioned in all of two posts) on Rishi was disagreeing with Rishi's vote on LML. While I know that LML/me is town, I also know from personal experience that extremely aggressive day 1 protown LML can appear to be fairly scummy, as he's more worried about putting pressure on those he believes to be scummy then worried about protecting himself.

Even though I know Rishi's vote on LML/me are incorrect, I don't see how you can't see them as "not showing interest in scumhunting". And if that's your biggest concern, then why aren't you looking at various people who voted Lowell and then stopped doing anything?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #423 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Thok »

Vaughn wrote:someone2 is scum I tell you, SCUM. I'm also beginning to think Thok and Setael may be in on it.
Huh? (more about the last sentence than the first sentence.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #431 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Thok »

Vaughn wrote:I'm calling out Thok-someone2-Seteal as scum (perhaps there's another, but unlikely)
I'll repeat, huh?
However, given that this is a mini, I wouldn't be surprised of two scum groups working. We have no data to suggest otherwise for now.
We only had one death last night. Why do you find two scum group likely?
I can verify Kuribo's claim by telling him to "watch" me. Other than that, My role is a tad unorthodox but other than confirming a tracker-like role, it's like a vanilla townie.
There's so much wrong with this plan. I can think of at least 3 ways this can go wrong, and that's before you explain your plan.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #441 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:54 am

Post by Thok »

Thesp wrote:Someone please hammer Vaughn. Now. Thanks.
I'm going to give him another 5 hours. Other people should feel free to say stuff during this time period.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #447 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Thok »

Bah, I decided to take a nap.
unvote, vote Vaughn
just in case something weird happens.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #451 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by Thok »

This is mainly a check in post.
Vote someone2
as a placeholder from yesterday, although I think there's definitely merit to a RossWilliam's wagon.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #482 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Thok »

Claus wrote:-- Both Thesp and Thok predecessors were scummy in D1, Thesp D2 happily cheered a Vaughn bandwagon (but vaughn brought it to himself), and Thok seemed to be gunning for easy OMGUSy kuribo, and now Someone2.
I'm curious why you think my votes for kuribo and Someone2 were either easy or OMGUS.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #531 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Thok »

Thesp wrote:Does anyone see a compelling reason to lynch anyone but Thok?
The fact that RW did absolutely nothing to defend himself, even though he theoretically had a role to claim. That screams that RW was letting himself get bussed to make his partners look better.

Looking over how the RW wagon happened, I'm going with a
vote Thesp
. He didn't jump on RW immediately day 2, despite having suspicions of him coming from the Vaughn mislynch; he only voted on RW after a someone2 wagon started forming.

Thesp/someone2 actually make a good scum pair to my mind, give how the bandwagons happened yesterday.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #537 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Thok »

Thesp wrote:You were uncharacteristically quiet during the whole RossWilliam bandwagon. I also am uncertain as to how RossWilliam's poor play "screams that [he] was letting himself get bussed to make his partners look better", rather than RW was making a poor tactical play, which seems far more likely.

Super happy with my vote.
If by uncharacteristically quiet you mean not posting at all, because I wasn't paying that much attention to this game, then yes I wasn't. However, I think anybody who actually bothers to meta me would notice that I very rarely pass up a chance to directly bus a person in an obvious bussing situation.

There's also no compelling reason why Someone2 and RW couldn't both be scum together. I've given various things in my post 368 on why I thought someone2 was suspicious.

I'll also note that Ibby's main comments on her suspicions were for Rishi, someone2, and kuribo, which someone2 being the primary target of her votes and that ibaesha had to be killed night 1 for some reason.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #544 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Thok »

Lowell wrote:I forget, what was everyone's thought on a massclaim?
It's sort of pointless right now. We've already had two dead power roles (one investigative), and there's clear evidence that we don't have a doc.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #557 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Thok »

Yeah, I've played horribly this game. I'm not going to talk myself out of this, so
unvote, vote Thok
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #735 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Thok »

Good game town, and in particular Thesp. I'll admit I played horribly. Ironically, I made a conscious decision not to bus my opponents, given that the meta on me is that I do tend to bus my opponents a lot. Unfortunately, I got hit by the inactivity bug.

The only real complaint I have for the mod was putting a bullet-proof role into his game. If someone2 had even merely one-shot nightkill protection, scum would have won the game.

I'll also point to the fact that multiple power roles wanted to target someone2 as evidence that he should have been lynched.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #737 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Thok »

Ythill wrote:While we're bragging, check out my entrance analysis. Two of my top three were scum. One of my MotR was scum. All my towns were towns. Woot!
Well, you had me as scum for the wrong reasons (solely for my connection with Lowell.) Lowell was the village idiot, and I would have argued that even as town.

My self-hammer was partially to keep the pressure viable on you especially after the inevitable Lowell mislynch. It would have worked, but for the two failed night kills (which scum had no method to predict at the time; bulletproofs are uncommon, and the successful kuriboh kill implied a lack of a doc.)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”