vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:12 am

Post by vikingfan »

mnowax, there is always the possibility of an alarmist protecting you from recruitment- according to the OP, an alarmist may exist. So don't cross off the potential fact of you being alive tomorrow.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Norinel »

*silently curses vikingfan for breaking the top-of-page streak*

Vote Count 11

Occult [3] (Blazerunner, the silent speaker, mnowax)
vikingfan [2] (curiouskarmadog, armlx)
Blazerunner [1] (malthusis)
mnowax [1] (Greggo)
Greggo [1] (NabakovNabakov)
malthusis [1] (Yosarian2)
vollkan [1] (springlullaby)

Not Voting [5]: mypenguinkat, Occult, vikingfan, vollkan, stark

8 to lynch
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:51 am

Post by armlx »

mnowax wrote: secondly, if he is still alive tomorrow, you have your lynch target.
Or you are lying and alive, and he is just a recruit. Just saying "If he lives the night, he is scum" has so many levels of WIFOM associated with it that its impossible to trust.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:27 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Vollkan: I was thinking something along the lines of "don't question my rules" seeing as how your discussion with Yos appears to be exactly what the list is attempting to avoid.

Lurkers:
-Malthusis hasn't posted here in a week. Hasn't posted on the board since Thursday
-mypenguinkat has four posts of little or no content. This is her only game
-Springlullaby has been semi-regular but pretty sparse on content
-CKD has now made four consecutive posts promising to give this game attention. Having played with him before, I find this level of inactivity extremely suspicious
(Gorrad has been omitted due to the fact that he is being replaced)

Both Malthusis and mypengiunkat strike me as newbies, so I'm not sure what good pressuring them would do. Springlullaby looks pretty scummy. When her posts aren't bobblehead, they're going after the easy meat. It's CKD that I worry about seeing as he's been systematically witholding his voice from the record (and there have been plenty of things to comment on)

Unvote; Vote: Curiouskarmadog; FOS: Springlullaby
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

make it five..this game isnt my top priority for my precious time..I will get to it when I can....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:40 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

also Nab, any reason you didnt mention I have made the same "posts promising to give this game attention" for other games? Clearly you have meta-ed and have seen these posts, find it interesting you didnt bring that to light with the vote....why is that? I am getting to the games as I can....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

NabakovNabakov wrote:@Vollkan: I was thinking something along the lines of "don't question my rules" seeing as how your discussion with Yos appears to be exactly what the list is attempting to avoid.
Heh...if he'd tried to prevent me from questioning his rules, I'd probably be voting for him right now.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:05 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

curiouskarmadog wrote:also Nab, any reason you didnt mention I have made the same "posts promising to give this game attention" for other games? Clearly you have meta-ed and have seen these posts, find it interesting you didnt bring that to light with the vote....why is that? I am getting to the games as I can....
I didn't run a current sweep on you, just going by what I know from a few games. If you're strapped for time across the board then I can understand.

It's just disconcerting that you have yet to comment on either Blaze's claim or Mno's claim (or anything surrounding them), but you jumped on my vote a few hours after it was posted.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

More lynching of Occult please.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Looking back at Occult's posts...he defend Blaze early on, then only started attacking him after he claimed cult recruit. I can see him being a possible lynch.

vote:Occult
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Occult »

Yosarian2 wrote:Looking back at Occult's posts...he defend Blaze early on, then only started attacking him after he claimed cult recruit. I can see him being a possible lynch.

Yea, because for some strange reason I'm under the impression that the cult is bad.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by armlx »

Cult leaders are VERY bad.

Cultists are mildly bad.

Learn the distinction.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by vollkan »

Occult wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Looking back at Occult's posts...he defend Blaze early on, then only started attacking him after he claimed cult recruit. I can see him being a possible lynch.

Yea, because for some strange reason I'm under the impression that the cult is bad.
For some strange reason I'm under the same impression.

But, for some strange reason I'm under the impression that lynching a cult recruit is not going to be much use in the long run. It's no use chopping off a single head if the Hydra remains alive.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by Occult »

I still personally think that there is a chance that Blaze is a leader. His claiming is a gambit, the only thing that claim did was take him off the lynching block. There was a discussion about lynching recruits earlier in the game and the majority seemed to lean towards, Don't lynch recruits.

Now, blaze using this claim to buy him some time and recruit a few more people isn't a very far-fetched theory. He is not a confirmed recruit, but he isn't town and we shouldn't trust him. I'm saying maybe we should play this as we'd rather be safe then sorry.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:47 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Occult: I would buy that, if Blaze claimed right before getting lynched. I don't think he was in any real danger of getting lynched when he claimed, though. I don't really see what he would have to gain by claiming there if he was a cult leader. Of course, I don't really see why he would claim there if he was a cult recruit either.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:09 am

Post by Norinel »

Skruffs replaces Greggo, aioqwe replaces malthusis.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Skruffs »

Hai guys.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

Posts 19, 20, and 21 are all horrible.
Fos : yosarian, armlx, curiouskarmadog

Drippinggoofball was SHOT, which is the MO of both the vig (if there is one) and the sk (if there is one). Neither of these roles are assured, but all three of these players in their first (or thereabout) posts seem to indicate the opinion, at least ,that there may not be a vig and there is an SK.

Fos fos fos. The only reason anyone could know that there is an SK and not a vig is if a cult recruited the vig last night.

Secondarily, I think 2 cults AND an sk seems like a bit much; if they were successful, then we just started the game with 33% scum and if we lynch wrong today, we wind up going to day 2 with 7/14(or 1 or 12) which is 50% scum which means an almost guaranteed scum win. I don't think a sane mod would use a setup which even, theoretically, COULD put the town in lylo day 1.

On to page two...
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:34 am

Post by vollkan »

Skruffs wrote: Secondarily, I think 2 cults AND an sk seems like a bit much; if they were successful, then we just started the game with 33% scum and if we lynch wrong today, we wind up going to day 2 with 7/14(or 1 or 12) which is 50% scum which means an almost guaranteed scum win. I don't think a sane mod would use a setup which even, theoretically, COULD put the town in lylo day 1.
Did I miss somewhere in my readup where it was concluded that there are definitely two cults?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Skruffs »

No, yos said as such in his opening post. I agree with his sentiment but not the reasoning with which he came to it .
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:29 am

Post by Skruffs »

Blazerunner wrote: (Re: someone claiming a power role)
-He is lying, so he is probably not pro-town and should be lynched
-He is telling the truth, and is probably going to be recruited, and should be lynched so it doesnt happen
This is insane. "We have to lynch you if you claim so that the cult's recruitment choice is kept random and unknown". Because why lynch someone who could be the RECRUITOR if we can lynch a future recruitee?!
Vote : Blazerunner

armlx states lynchign recruits is 'only better' than a mislynch... I am assuming he means until AFTER the recruitors are dead... me thinks armlx is a recruit (see page one suspicion too).

Yos playing ignorant, speaking as a group, building town support for himself.. not liking it... fearmongering ...

blazerunner is scum. "If we question pro-town players, what are the chances we'll lynch a recruitor"?! As far as I was aware, cult recruitors are players, just like town players.

blazerunner backtracking, throws out alarmist clause 'oh yeah'

Fos : Armlx, Yosarian2, Blazerunner
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:47 am

Post by armlx »

vollkan wrote:
Skruffs wrote: Secondarily, I think 2 cults AND an sk seems like a bit much; if they were successful, then we just started the game with 33% scum and if we lynch wrong today, we wind up going to day 2 with 7/14(or 1 or 12) which is 50% scum which means an almost guaranteed scum win. I don't think a sane mod would use a setup which even, theoretically, COULD put the town in lylo day 1.
Did I miss somewhere in my readup where it was concluded that there are definitely two cults?
Most of it is based on conjecture from the fact the rules have so many rulings for multiple cults ie. Cult Leader role pm having you are the [cultname] cult, rulings on multiple recruit attempts on 1 person a night, etc.

Skruffs: Lynching recruits is definitely poor. The recruit's cult ends even on members the next morning, other cults end +1 member, and SK's kill someone. End result is just town -2/3 people, equivalent to a mislynch in a non cult game. I'm sure this has been discussed before in this game, but you may not have gotten to it given your blaze sentiments atm.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:49 am

Post by mnowax »

Skruffs wrote:Posts 19, 20, and 21 are all horrible.
Fos : yosarian, armlx, curiouskarmadog

Drippinggoofball was SHOT, which is the MO of both the vig (if there is one) and the sk (if there is one). Neither of these roles are assured, but all three of these players in their first (or thereabout) posts seem to indicate the opinion, at least ,that there may not be a vig and there is an SK.

Fos fos fos. The only reason anyone could know that there is an SK and not a vig is if a cult recruited the vig last night.

Secondarily, I think 2 cults AND an sk seems like a bit much; if they were successful, then we just started the game with 33% scum and if we lynch wrong today, we wind up going to day 2 with 7/14(or 1 or 12) which is 50% scum which means an almost guaranteed scum win. I don't think a sane mod would use a setup which even, theoretically, COULD put the town in lylo day 1.

On to page two...
Firstly, I Agree with the first part and that is part of the reason why i figured Blaze was the SK

Secondly, There is DEFINITELY a SK because i didn't kill last night, and there was a shooting. Whether or not there are two cults is the unknown.
Sure one more time for fun.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:51 am

Post by springlullaby »

I'm liking Skruffs suspicions.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

Are you confirmed in some manner, MNOWAX?
Why did you claim? Were you under pressure? Are you trying to draw Alarmist fire? Are you the SK and are hoping that there is no vig? Were you recruited last night and are trying to draw out killing role counter claims so as to help your cult win (possibly at your own expense?)

I isolated your posts and searched for "vig" until I saw you say "I am
a
vig". That's your claim.

Not the vig, but A vig, to allow yourself the possibility of pushing multiple vigs?

There's a lot more that needs to be said about this but I need to look at the rest of the game first.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”