Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

Crub wrote:Justin, please explain to me how my actions make me more like to be scum?
Crub,

Well I wasn’t making a case on you being scum, at least not as yet. But I am a bit curious now why you would think my questions to Skitzer, trying to discern the reasoning behind his statement defending you implied that I believe you to be scum.

On the other hand, in a game where we have already lynched one person at the 11th hour based on little more than lurker activity, the repeated suggestion, sans evidence, of one person as scum does have potentially nefarious motives. I don’t believe, at this point, that you are acting on such motives, but I was certainly interested in discovering what those motives were. At the moment I’m content to watch you play this out a bit longer. But I am suspicious of anyone looking at your activity in this matter (most especially previous to your making a case) and declaring it unquestionably wholesome, as Skitzer did. The fact that Skitzer seems to have changed his mind after you made a case troubles me even more.

So, Skitzer,

What happened which made you change your mind about Crub? Specifically?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:19 am

Post by skitzer »

On what? I'm confused. I guess I didn't read it correctly. For some reason I thought Crub asked a question, and Korlash voted him for asking the question, and thats why I found Crub suspicious...I had the wrong people.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

i don't understand all the debate about Crub when killa just seems so scummy. i wish someone else would show him some attention, because i have been unable to step up and do so and i'm very embaressed by that
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by neko2086 »

I was actually going to address k7, but I'm waiting to hear whether he's keeping his vote where it's at or changing it. His decision may affect what I have to say about him.

RW, if you have something to say about k7, though, say it. In fact, you should feel compelled to, because otherwise your vote on him looks rather weak. Also, your asking other people to show him attention makes it look like you want to vote for him, but you'd like somebody else to provide the reasons.

There is debate about Crub because both he and some of the people suspicious of him are acting strange. That's my take on it anyway. I can't seem to get a straight answer from either Korlash or Skitzer, and it took a few of us to drag an explanation out of Crub, thought it's still not clear how waiting so long really could have helped him (whether he's town
or
scum). It's important to dig, ask questions, and keep digging until the situation is clear.
In Tartiflette We Trust
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Post by klebian »

Crub wrote:
klebian in 266 wrote:I note your shift from apathy to antipathy toward the RW wagon. I will agree that it's obviously not the strongest reasons for a wagon, but I do think it seems a bit late to be jumping on a wagoner, especially seemingly randomly.
First post after lurky period, in regard to my voting him. Fair enough.
So I note that the post after this you remark "Well that post didn't do anything to ease my mind about your alignment kleb. " As you had said, you had picked me randomly off the RW wagon, and to gauge reactions. Does this mean that at that time you still viewed me as someone neutral but possibly scum because I was on a wagon that you didn't like (An aside, this wagon at first had just been one that you had no real opinion on)? Did my post affirm this view of me in your opinion?
klebian in 266 wrote:
Crub wrote: Secondly WTF is DS even a topic of discussion right now? He's about to be replaced. I think we can safely put DS's play down to his VI meta and hope he get's replaced by someone who isn't a VI.
I don't like this. First off, there was a DS discussion because korlash was recapping his opinions on the game. Also, I don't agree that you can excuse scumminess for meta and go on with it. And even more, this post seems like counter productive to discussion. It should never be the wrong time to discuss someone's behavior, and just because he is about to be replaced doesn't mean we can't do analysis on him.
But then followed by a healthy dose of OMGUS.
Crub in 277 wrote:
klebian in 275 wrote:It is good to see a fresh analysis of past behavior, even if only to get some discussion going again...
Except that it wasn't fresh and there was no one around to respond to it in any case.
This got ignored. Why?
klebian in 287 wrote:Crub: I didn't respond to that post after mine, because I felt that there was no good to argue that point.
:roll:
There would have been no positive discussion about that. You had argued that there was no good discussing a 5 page old point, my implication was that there was definitely no good discussing whether discussing a 5 page old point was worthwhile. Obviously we had different viewpoints on how this would move the thread on, and I didn't like it but I didn't think that an argument between us there would resolve my or your opinions.
Then he continues to lurk through the rest of the day. Comes back at the 11th hour to put a vote on. ie. He did absolutely the minimum he had to.
Admittedly I have lurked. I would argue that jdodge and melodyman were both as lurky during that period. But this isn't quite good reasoning on my part; however, this game has been too much of a lurkfest, and I felt that I should at least vote and provide my reasons, which I did- something I would argue is better than not having stated an opinion at all (and I feel that you would agree, in that you would find me significantly scummier if I had taken no position on jdodge vs mm yesterday).
Day 2. He completely ignores my vote up until :
klebian in 506 wrote:... is that all you're going to say?
I'm gonna
vote: crub
as well, because you're pointlessly wasting our time and there is a fixed deadline which is obviously getting closer and closer but discussion is not really picking up
Yeah I'm obv scum for committing to how I feel about someone's alignment.
Crub honestly I ignored your vote because there was not much I could say to it. I tried asking you about it near the end of day 1 and your response seemed to me as if you were at least some what joking. Additionally, your vote at the beginning of the day seemed as random as your accusation seemed to me ('just putting it out there') so I chose to ignore it until you gave solid reasons that I could actually respond to.
As you may note, a number of players, including Justin and TSN, asked you to clarify on your vote. Ross expressed some suspicion of my posts in the beginning of the day but you ignored these so they seemed to be different from what you were thinking, so in effect, he also didn't see where you were coming from.
Regarding the "Yeah I'm obv scum for committing to how I feel about someone's alignment." This was clearly not my argument. What was happening around that time was you asking for people what they thought of me, generally people saying they didn't see the scumminess and asking you to clarify, and you didn't. Korlash voted you for ignoring people and you lulzed. My vote on you was obviously an attempt to get some actual information that I could sufficiently respond to (which I did get a few pages later).
klebian in 514 wrote:also i don't frankly care whether my OMGUS makes you not feel better about my alignment because I have some actual basis behind the vote
And yet he doesn't explain. Hypocritical much? Oh and now back into lurk mode :) Yay for klebian.
I had given my reason, I guess you didn't find it enough. As has been expressed by others, I OMGUSed you because I felt that you were just wasting time calling me scummy and saying next to nothing else. This was my actual basis, that you were not being vocal about what you should have been and the hope that a second vote would pressure you to do so. This is compared to your basis, which was my being "obv scum".

In 515, you posted, in response to that last quote of mine
Over-reaction to one vote for (seemingly) baseless or bogus reasons, I find to be a scum tell. <3
As I said later, I'm not exactly sure what you were referring to. Which vote did I overreact to? If it was a vote on me, obviously you can't quite use this as reasoning as the overreaction would have occurred... after you made the vote on me.

Regarding
Crub wrote:If you disagree, fair enough, if you think that makes me scum, please explain.
I never claimed this makes you scum. Unlike what you had been doing, I had not been accusing anyone of being scum and not explained. However, I had voted you on the thinking that a vote would get information. I know you're aware that a vote doesn't necessarily imply that i think you are scum.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by klebian »

Justin Playfair wrote: Crub,

Well I wasn’t making a case on you being scum, at least not as yet. But I am a bit curious now why you would think my questions to Skitzer, trying to discern the reasoning behind his statement defending you implied that I believe you to be scum.
I feel that this is an important point. I am reasoning similarly seeing his questions to me asking why his behavior implied that he is scum when I had made no implication that I believed he was. I think this is more interesting to note than scummy that Crub seems to have this paranoia in these 2 separate but similar situations of being accused of scum where there is no accusation or even an implication.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by Crub »

You voted me.
Moo?
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by klebian »

As I've said, me voting you doesn't mean I think you're scum.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Crub »

:roll: Whatever.
Moo?
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by klebian »

Crub wrote::roll: Whatever.
Not sure what you mean here. If you see here, some people consider acting against the interest of town a viable reason to
lynch
, and a plurality of people believe this is part of the reason to lynch. On the other hand, I am merely voting you on the belief that you were acting against the interest of the town (being too vague about your suspicions on me) and in the hope that this vote would stop you from doing so.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by JDodge »

Unvote, vote: Crub

Only time I've seen Crub act like this, he was scum. Newbie 516 IIRC.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Crub »

Oh and kleb, if you don't think I'm scum and only wanted more information why are you still voting me?
Moo?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Crub »

JDodge wrote:

Yeah I got lynched based on crap logic in that game too :) The fact that I was scum there is irrelevant. So I hope you read over all my games and not just the first one I was scum in? If you had of meta'd me properly, you would have seen I play the lazy townie fairly often. Sometimes it get's me lynched sometimes it doesn't. If it does here so be it.

This game I've commited to how I feel about klebian. How does that make me scum? I think klebian's reaction to my vote and my withholding analysis does add to my case.

Anyway you guys do what you like, I'll keep my vote on kleb, but will move to TSN if that get's more support.
Moo?
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by klebian »

Crub wrote:Oh and kleb, if you don't think I'm scum and only wanted more information why are you still voting me?
This is true. I have spent the last few posts responding to you/discussing. I think the vote served its purpose.
unvote
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:47 pm

Post by Korlash »

only game I've been with Crub in he happened to be scum... lazy there too... made me do all the work! >.> Damn you neko...

Haven't seen much to make me think Crub is scum... HAven't really been following this game too much I'm afraid. Planning on being a bit mroe active here now.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:10 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Unvote, vote crub.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:13 am

Post by JDodge »

Crub wrote:
JDodge wrote:

Yeah I got lynched based on crap logic in that game too :) The fact that I was scum there is irrelevant. So I hope you read over all my games and not just the first one I was scum in? If you had of meta'd me properly, you would have seen I play the lazy townie fairly often. Sometimes it get's me lynched sometimes it doesn't. If it does here so be it.
I have. And you're not being lazy in the way you normally are, either. You're brushing off every last thing you can, and avoiding as many questions as possible - this fits with Crub-scum more than Crub-town.
Crub wrote:This game I've commited to how I feel about klebian. How does that make me scum? I think klebian's reaction to my vote and my withholding analysis does add to my case.
It doesn't. Your actions on things regarding you make you scum.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Crub wrote:This game I've commited to how I feel about klebian. How does that make me scum? I think klebian's reaction to my vote and my withholding analysis does add to my case.
Crub,

It’s things like the above that keep me from being able to let go of this. Because I can think of possible scummy motives for your behavior (I listed one above, which, like so much else, you have chosen not to respond to). And then you say that you believe that your withholding analysis adds to your case.

Your strong suspicion of Klebian began on Day One. And it was expressed with a degree of certainty that not even the case you’ve presented here on day two would seem to logically warrant. So how, precisely, would withholding an analysis add to your case?

One other thing. Your suspicion of Klebian seems to have developed over the Ross Williams wagon, particularly from Klebian quizzing you about what you thought about it. But you include nothing about this in the case you finally did make against Klebian here on day two. I am speaking specifically of this exchange:
Crub wrote:Any sort of bandwagon which sparks some conversation is welcome at this point.
Klebian wrote:What do you think of the rw miniwagon

I still support it for the record.
Crub wrote:I don't know what to think of it. I'm not jumping on if thats what you're asking.

unvote Nothing happening there.
Two posts later you cast your first vote on Klebian.

Today you said you didn’t want to answer questions until Ross Williams told you what he thought of Klebian and Shanba. Yesterday you asked Klebian why he asked Shanba specifically about his opinions.

So a couple questions about this. First, can you explain the difference, if you believe there is one, between you asking specifically Ross Williams (and later TSpN) for their opinions and Klebian asking Shanba for his? Second, the above exchange (where Klebian specifically asks you for an opinion) seems likely to be what distinguished Klebian from the other folks on the Ross Williams wagon for your suspicion. If it was, why didn’t you bring this up when you later formed your case against him? If it wasn’t, why was Klebian asking a question of Shanba specifically any different than him asking one of you?

Thank you for any answers provided.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:11 pm

Having said the above…

Klebian,

Your actions over the last little bit just bother the heck out of me.
Klebian wrote:Not sure what you mean here. If you see here, some people consider acting against the interest of town a viable reason to lynch, and a plurality of people believe this is part of the reason to lynch. On the other hand, I am merely voting you on the belief that you were acting against the interest of the town (being too vague about your suspicions on me) and in the hope that this vote would stop you from doing so.
Because boiled down this reads like “I voted you for picking on me”. And using a poll on the site to justify your opinion smacks of an appeal to authority, and in a situation which wouldn’t seem to require one. Then, when Crub challenges you as to why you still had your vote on him you post this:
Klebian wrote:This is true. I have spent the last few posts responding to you/discussing. I think the vote served its purpose. unvote
Which in addition to being conciliatory in a way that makes me a bit uncertain about you also begs the following two questions:

If your purpose was, as you stated before, to get more information, what information did you get?

What in that information has led you to the decision that now is the time to remove your vote from Crub?

Thank you for any answers.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by klebian »

Justin
At the first, I was trying to show that it was entirely viable for me to vote someone NOT JUST because I thought he was scum, as a lot of crub's 'defense' for himself against my vote was essentially 'this means you think i'm scummy but what i've done isn't necessarily scummy'.

At the second, When I placed my vote on Crub, it seemed a lot like he was just dilly dallying and when people addressed him he pretty much shrugged them off (his lulz post to korlash). My vote was an attempt to force him to be more explicit (I had said "... is that all you're going to say?
I'm gonna vote: crub as well, because you're pointlessly wasting our time and there is a fixed deadline which is obviously getting closer and closer ")
Finally in 554, crub posted some reasons. He accused me of OMGUS and of being hypocritical, made that statement about how my vote implied my belief he was scum, and as a whole elaborated much more than he had. With this I was able to actually respond to him (579) rather than him thinking I was ignoring his vote on me. This was what I had wanted, something I could respond to, so I felt my vote had done what I had wanted of it, and so I unvoted.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Crub »

Justin Playfair wrote:Yesterday you asked Klebian why he asked Shanba specifically about his opinions.
I think it was the other way around? If this did happen can you point out where? It would certainly add to my Klebian+Shanba minor suspicion.

Anyway because Shanba wanted to know what 2 posts I was referring to when linking them :
Shanba in 215 wrote:Why klebian?

If you're trying to start a rival wagon, why not vote someone who had a vote, rather than someone who no one had even reallly mentioned?
Firstly Why klebian by itself is a fair enough question. Why suggest I should try to start bandwagoning someone else?
Shanba in 242 wrote:/me sighs.

kleb: which player do you suspect most at the moment? What do you make of Korlashes posts?
I find the asking of someone's opinion out of the blue, especially when that player hasn't posted in some time (60 odd posts and 2 weeks real time) to be out of place. In my experience it generally points to a link.

How is this different from me asking the opinions of TSN or RW?
1. They were recently involved in the discussion.
2. There were slight indicator's that they may be linked/partnered with my number 1 suspect. I was trying to get them to commit to how they felt, to provide something more substantial.
Moo?
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by neko2086 »

TSN, can you explain your vote? Earlier, you were ok with your vote on JDodge, but considered voting Crub. What made you switch?

RW, K7, still waiting to hear from both of you. Korlash, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got to say as your contribution to this game has been lacking.

Klebian, you've spent much of your time defending yourself. You've said you don't believe Crub to be scum, so I just have to wonder who you do believe is scum, or could possibly be scum. Obviously many of us are still in the prodding and poking stage, but I haven't seen any real scumhunting from you. Do you have any comments on anyone other than Crub or yourself?
In Tartiflette We Trust
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by klebian »

That's a good point. My lurking has had pretty negative consequences on my play, but I have resolved to stop and since I seem to be mostly done with defending myself, I'm going to be analyzing what I think of the last few pages soon (probably Friday or Saturday)
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I'm voting crub because I find his play decidedly anti-town, and I don't have such a strong case on jdodge that I'm not willing to switch.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by Crub »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I'm voting crub because I find his play decidedly anti-town, and I don't have such a strong case on jdodge that I'm not willing to switch.
details?
Moo?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”