ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:14 am

Post by ting =) »

korts wrote:Right, but do you want the second most town left unblocked? I think that's open to interpretation. However you want it, I'm fine as long as CESc, Xyl and Joubert don't go in the same pair. I mean, any two of them.
Why do you think Shanba is 2nd most town?
You do realize that you're risking an nk by putting SF with a player who may or may not be town right? Am I missing something about Shanba?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:27 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Korts: Would you please respond to my post?
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:28 am

Post by Korts »

Do you have any suspicions on Shanba? If so, please point it out to me. The three (four) scummiest in my list were placed on top of the list with solid suspicions. The towniest were listed by gut feeling.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:31 am

Post by Korts »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
Korts wrote: Even though he claimed
after
the hammah? You're strange.
Yes, even though he claimed after the hammer. Does that make me strange, or a roleblocker?
That makes you... strange. And
possibly
a roleblocker, or scum who recieved flavor to indicate the setup.
scumchat never die
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:05 am

Post by ting =) »

That's not my point. No, I have no reason to suspect Shanba, but there's no way I'm certain that Shanba is town. You, with your slip, look like the most obvious townie, but you're willing to risk an nk by pairing a confirmed scum with someone whose alignment you have no way to be sure of.

We need to agree on pairings. I don't think it's optimal, but I'm willing to take Korts' pairings because I think he's town. I can't see his post as being a calculated drop. Does anyone object?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:09 am

Post by Korts »

Alright, how about going with my pairing, but in the event of jerubbaal turning town,
I
block SF and
Shanba
goes unblocked?
scumchat never die
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:24 am

Post by ting =) »

As naive as this may sound, I will trust your pairings, if only because I'm sure you will not intentionally pair anyone you consider scum. All this is moot if no one else agrees though.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Korts »

Great. Everybody vote with me, then?
scumchat never die
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Joubert »

It seems there will always one or two players who won't fully agree with any suggestion by any player, so we have to cut somewhere. I think Kort's arrangement is based on good faith. And there's always a part of speculation since noone is really 100% confirmed unless he's dead...

So go for it!

Vote: Jerubbaal
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by ting =) »

Hold on, if we're going to go with voting Jeru and with Korts' plan, everyone has to check in before he's lynched. We don't want to run the risk of people being inactive and not sending in their night actions.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

Wow, Korts, you're taking this confirmed townie thing a little too far. Just because you're confirmed(ish) doesn't mean you're smart. If you can't read CES's posting after lovo's lynch and see the same thing that other people are claiming in yours, you're simply blind. The point that CES may have figured out what was going earlier than everyone else is a valid point, while I'm not sure Korts is quite bright enough to figure it out that quickly. I would consider Korts more confirmed, but that doesn't mean that placing the game in his hands is a smart move.

On another matter, SF hasn't posted in almost a week. I think a prod is in order.

On yet another matter, why don't I make the pairings for the situation in which I come up town. You all can futz around all you want about the other set, but I don't think I'm being overly arrogant to call myself somewhat more experienced and perceptive than Korts, and if you're dumb enough to go through with my lynch, I'll be 100% confirmed going into night, so you can trust my pairings.

Korts unpaired
CES - SF
Shanba-Xyl
Joubert-Ting
Imat-Cavebear

Imat-Cavebear is the one which makes the most nervous, because we have essentially nothing leaning either way for either of them, but I think these are probably the strongest pairings going into night. Frankly, it's going to be somewhat of a relief to be out of this game.
<><
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by SensFan »

jerubbaal wrote:I don't think I'm being overly arrogant to call myself somewhat more experienced and perceptive than Korts, and if you're dumb enough to go through with my lynch, I'll be 100% confirmed going into night, so you can trust my pairings.
Vote: I

Vote: C
Vote: O
Vote: N
Vote: S
Vote: D
Vote: E
Vote: R

Vote: Y
Vote: O
Vote: U

Vote: A

Vote: T
Vote: B
Vote: L

Vote: P
Vote: L
Vote: A
Vote: Y
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

Good to know, Mr. Fake-a-PR-in-a-mini-normal. Genius.
<><
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by Imat »

Hey, if somebody is nervous about pairing anybody with any other specific player, I think we should change that pairing. Such as Me and Cavebear: If people think they can't trust us paired, based on the fact that we dun talk much and are replacements so nobody has a read on us yet, I'm fine with that. I think pairing two people we are iffy about is the worst play we could make at this point.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by jerubbaal »

We only have so many confirmeds, and you are both much less suspicious than joubert and Xyl, in my book. I think the odds of you both being scum is fairly low.
<><
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:32 pm

Post by ting =) »

jeru wrote:On yet another matter, why don't I make the pairings for the situation in which I come up town...

Korts unpaired
CES - SF
Shanba-Xyl
Joubert-Ting
Imat-Cavebear
This sounds really townish I'm getting doubts about lynching you, but I still think it's the correct play given the circumstances. I agree with going with your pairings if you turn up town.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:54 am

Post by Korts »

Okay, jeru. I'm fine with using your pairs. Also, I don't count on you to consider me confirmed. But being confirmed doesn't mean I don't have enough Brains to decide for myself what to think. I considered CESc's partial claim, and I still think he's scummier than Shanba, Imat, Cavebear and ting. It's open for interpretation, though.
scumchat never die
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

I'm back home and as active as ever again.

Korts' and jerubbaals pairings both look okay to me, so using Korts' pairs in case jerub is scum and jerub's pairs in case he's town works for me.

And yes, we very much need everyone to be confirmed and ready to go before moving forward. That includes waiting for Xyl to be replaced, I guess. Also, I'd like to remind everyone that we can send in night actions in advance, but please do NOT do that. I assume that once Khelvaster has a night action from everyone, he'll move to the next day, so we could end up in a bad spot if someone sends in the wrong block in advance and doesn't have time to change it. Makes sense?
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:32 am

Post by jerubbaal »

It's only the correct play if you still refuse to see how the odds of SF being town are absolutely nil. I'm glad someone is actually still reading the thread, though, instead of just blindly following this "oh gosh, we can't lynch a claimed cop" line of thinking.

Korts, just because I think you're extremely misguided doesn't have anything to do with me thinking that you're town or scum. You are the most confirmed townie. I'd prefer that you were a bit more responsible with that power though.
<><
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:49 am

Post by ting =) »

It's only the correct play if you still refuse to see how the odds of SF being town are absolutely nil. I'm glad someone is actually still reading the thread, though, instead of just blindly following this "oh gosh, we can't lynch a claimed cop" line of thinking.
It's still the correct play even if the odds of him being cop are low. Worse case is we exchange a townie for scum, which is still better than our current situation. As much has already been said before though.

Personally, going into day 2 I was suspicious of Joubert, Xyl and CES the most, in that order.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Imat »

Cavebear with a toothache wrote: And yes, we very much need everyone to be confirmed and ready to go before moving forward. That includes waiting for Xyl to be replaced, I guess. Also, I'd like to remind everyone that we can send in night actions in advance, but please do NOT do that. I assume that once Khelvaster has a night action from everyone, he'll move to the next day, so we could end up in a bad spot if someone sends in the wrong block in advance and doesn't have time to change it. Makes sense?
Bad logic. Khel will wait until the deadline is up to end the night, otherwise people can deduce from when people were on whether or not they have a night action.

Ummm...Actually, due to the setup, I think its not bad logic. But, in any other game, for future reference, the Mod won't begin the day until the deadline is up, otherwise those who aren't active until halfway to deadline and then send in their decisions, and they happen to be the final person to send in a decision, will be singled out as having one. I think I worded it confusingly, but the Mod won't end night until deadline.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:06 am

Post by Korts »

I've asked for replacement. Family matters. Sorry.
scumchat never die
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by ting =) »

mod:
Could you prod everyone? It's been a while. Is everyone good with a jeru lynch and then going with Korts' pairings if he comes out scum and Jeru's if he turns out town?

I count only cavebear and myself saying yes. Korts just asked for replacement.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:21 pm

Post by Joubert »

I'm still wondering how Jerubbaal can end up with such certainty about "confirmed" Townies. What makes someone confirmed and what makes him not?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:48 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

I won´t vote jerubbaal ever, and I´m glad not enough people are active to actually reach a majority of votes for him.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”