Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Norinel »

MOD: were leaders allowed to talk to their recruits last night?
A cult can't talk to a recruit the night they're recruited, because recruitments happen at the end of the night.

Vote Count 13

Occult [4] (the silent speaker, mnowax, Yosarian2, aioqwe)
springlullaby [3] (NabakovNabakov, curiouskarmadog, armlx)
Blazerunner [1] (Skruffs)
mnowax [2] (Greggo, Blazerunner)
vollkan [1] (springlullaby)

Not Voting [5]: mypenguinkat, Occult, vikingfan, vollkan, stark

8 to lynch
Last edited by Norinel on Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:27 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

aioqwe wrote: Seems like Blaze's cult leader. His first 11 posts are very content light. And he kindly sprinkled in some defense for Blaze. That's wonderful leader action don't you think? Stay on the low while trying to make sure your new recruit doesn't get lynched to quickly. However after, Blaze claims this guy is all for Blaze's death. EVEN with all of the disusion on how we should focus our efforts on killing the leader. He continues to insinuate that there is a possibility of Blaze being the leader trying to pull of a gambit that the recruit stays alive longer than the leader. On the otherhand, as a leader, occult would want to get rid of Blaze so that he can't be associated with the leader.
Ok, so the working hypothesis is that Occult is bussing to avoid association and prevent Blaze from doing anything else stupid.

Why then would he continue even after he had been called on this? He continues to posit his theory even after pulling 3 votes as a result. If the goal is to avoid association, isn't this incredibly counter-productive?

Why would he continue even after Mno had made it clear he was going to vig Blaze? Wouldn't that effectively eliminate the problem
and
tie up a vig kill. Whereas his plan now would likely have Blaze lynched and himself vigged/investigated as backlash.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

NabakovNabakov wrote: Why would he continue even after Mno had made it clear he was going to vig Blaze? Wouldn't that effectively eliminate the problem
and
tie up a vig kill. Whereas his plan now would likely have Blaze lynched and himself vigged/investigated as backlash.
Well, if Blaze's going to get vigged anyway, he'd probably rather lynch him in order to distance, right?

I also agree that springlullaby is suspicious and lurkerish. That might not a bad lynch either.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:16 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Yosarian2 wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote: Why would he continue even after Mno had made it clear he was going to vig Blaze? Wouldn't that effectively eliminate the problem
and
Well, if Blaze's going to get vigged anyway, he'd probably rather lynch him in order to distance, right?
Well if Occult really is Blaze's leader, this situation has festered for so long that there's no course of action he could take to effectively distance. The best use for Blaze at that point would pretty much be as a meatsheild. (That's assuming Occult-leader would be able to escape today's lynch)
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

NabakovNabakov wrote: Well if Occult really is Blaze's leader, this situation has festered for so long that there's no course of action he could take to effectively distance. The best use for Blaze at that point would pretty much be as a meatsheild. (That's assuming Occult-leader would be able to escape today's lynch)
Eh. The question has become a really WIFOM-ish question of "if Occult was cult leader and linked to Blaze, would he think it would look more scummy if he contined to press his distancing attack on Blaze, or if he backed off under pressure?"
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:14 am

Post by springlullaby »

I'm liking skruffs' suspicions because the plan for not claiming didn't make any sense to begin with. Of course town should be cautious about claiming because the nature of the game, but if one is gonna be lynched anyway, a last attempt to put town off a wrong tract is only sensible, which isn't to say that town is under any obligation to believe a claim. (armlx, yosarian)

And then there is Yosarian's reaction to mnowax claim, he reacted as if he knew him to be truthful, while in fact the fact that he claimed with hardly any vote on him make me find it suspicious.

And then there is his response to me when I asked him to explain why claiming is bad, he says that in that case it wasn't really so bad after all 1) still no suspicion on that claim 2)either he didn't think it through or it is backpedalling.

Then there is the idea that lynching recruit is bad. That doesn't make sense either. Of course lynching cult leader is best, but lynching recruit is not so bad if there isn't a better alternative. Because number in cults count and will I think ultimately come back to bite town in the arse if cultees are left to thrive in plain sight. A claimed cultee may be an identified danger, but town has no control over their votes. The solution is of course do deal every case on a case by case basis.

Right now I'm inclined to let Blaze go to night, because we have a claimed vig.

I haven't changed my vote because I need to reread.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

springlullaby wrote:And then there is Yosarian's reaction to mnowax claim, he reacted as if he knew him to be truthful, while in fact the fact that he claimed with hardly any vote on him make me find it suspicious.
(shrug) I don't know if mnowax is being truthful. I don't really care, either, as no matter what his alignment is he's likely to be dead tonight after that claim; if he's a vig, the SK will likely kill him, if he's not, the vig will likely kill him.
Then there is the idea that lynching recruit is bad. That doesn't make sense either. Of course lynching cult leader is best, but lynching recruit is not so bad if there isn't a better alternative. Because number in cults count and will I think ultimately come back to bite town in the arse if cultees are left to thrive in plain sight.
We want cult members dead, but we can't afford to lynch them yet. If we lynch a cult member, then another person gets recruited tonight, it's bad for the town, since the cult didn't get any smaller and then the town did. What we need to do is lynch cult recruiter(s), and we need to do it now. If we don't, then no matter how many cult recruits we lynch, we still lose.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Occult »

Look, if blaze is cult recruit his claim makes no goddamn sense at the point in the game he did it.

If blaze is a leader, I can find find some reasons for his claim.

I'm coming on strong for the blaze lynch because I think we have a leader not just a recruit.

(My internet access is going to be fairly limited for the next couple of weeks)
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I don't really care, either, as no matter what his alignment is he's likely to be dead tonight after that claim; if he's a vig, the SK will likely kill him, if he's not, the vig will likely kill him.
Er, no, Yos, if he's SK or Leader he's got a nightkill immunity and will live to tomorrow.
Of course lynching cult leader is best, but lynching recruit is not so bad if there isn't a better alternative.
There is always a better alternative: best guess for cult leader.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Occult wrote:Look, if blaze is cult recruit his claim makes no goddamn sense at the point in the game he did it.

If blaze is a leader, I can find find some reasons for his claim.
His claim was a bad idea no matter what.

I could see a recruit claiming like that, especally an inexperenced person who's not really sure what he should be doing as a cult recruit. But a cult leader making that claim would be horrible, it would doom him pretty quickly; if Blaze dosn't die tonight, he will die tommorow, his claim made that inevitable. He'd have been better off claiming SK or something.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

the silent speaker wrote:Er, no, Yos, if he's SK or Leader he's got a nightkill immunity and will live to tomorrow.
Well, if Mnowax is cult leader, he's likely to be targeted by both the vig and the SK and still die tonight. If he's SK, he'll be targeted by the real vig, and if that dosn't kill him the real vig is likely to claim tommorow. Really, I can't see Mnowax claiming what he did unless he's telling the truth, there's just no reason he would.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by aioqwe »

As a claimed recruit he's going to die today, tonight, or tomorrow. It would have been better to claim roleblocker (rather than converted). As a recruit, his claim draws attention away from his leader.

Pulling 180s when being called out for something tends to draw suspicion.

Lynching a possible leader is better than lynching recruit, in general. In this situation I think we should try and find the leader to lynch.

What's the case against spring again?
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Occult »

aioqwe wrote:As a claimed recruit he's going to die today, tonight, or tomorrow. It would have been better to claim roleblocker (rather than converted). As a recruit, his claim draws attention away from his leader.

Pulling 180s when being called out for something tends to draw suspicion.

Lynching a possible leader is better than lynching recruit, in general. In this situation I think we should try and find the leader to lynch.

What's the case against spring again?
No, as a leader his claim of being a recruit draws attention away from him....
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:08 am

Post by armlx »

The case against spring is he has really been holding back all game until this last post, and he attacked vollkan for his list. Both very cult leader-like behaviors.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Occult wrote: No, as a leader his claim of being a recruit draws attention away from him....

Draws attention away from him? How does Blaze have LESS attention on him then otherwise? Isn't it clear that his claim dooms him to die at some point, when otherwise he was under very little real threat today?

Not to mention, if he's a lying leader, he's quite unnecessarally risking drawing a roleblocker counterclaim by claiming he started the game as a roleblocker.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Not to mention, if he was lying cult leader he'd also putting himself at even MORE risk by claiming to have blocked TSS last night, who might easily have been able to say "no, I wasn't blocked last night". All in all, his claim makes absolutly no sense at all as a cult leader who wasn't even under any real pressure, Occult.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Occult »

Either way it was a stupid play. But his claiming recruit has taken him off the lynching block for most people.

TSS isn't a confirmed power role and even if he was how would he know if he was blocked. We're also not even sure if there is a role blocker or if he would claim. I'm just saying you shouldn't rule it out so easily.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Occult wrote: TSS isn't a confirmed power role and even if he was how would he know if he was blocked. We're also not even sure if there is a role blocker or if he would claim. I'm just saying you shouldn't rule it out so easily.
Of course we don't know that. The point is, a cult leader wouldn't know either of those things either, and so adding in the whole roleblocker part of the claim just adds lots of extra risk for absolutly no reason if he's not telling the truth.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Blazerunner »

aioqwe wrote:As a claimed recruit he's going to die today, tonight, or tomorrow. It would have been better to claim roleblocker (rather than converted). As a recruit, his claim draws attention away from his leader.
If I had claimed just roleblocker, I would have been killed at night by the sk. If I hadnt claimed, because of my dumb play throught all the game, I would probably have been killed during night too... So whatever...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Moved htis weekend, will post tomorrow!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 am

Post by vollkan »

Armlx wrote: The case against spring is he has really been holding back all game until this last post, and he attacked vollkan for his list. Both very cult leader-like behaviors.
I don't see what is particularly "cult leader-like" about attacking the list. I don't even think it is necessarily scummy - I can think it reasonable for town to react with suspicion of something so odd as what I did. I can also fathom scum trying to look busy by attacking it. Anyway, it doesn't strictly suggest CL, does it?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:46 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Waiting for Spring to reread.

Occult, why are you not voting Blaze at this time?

Seems like a big risk for blaze to claim blocking TSS, unless he knows that TSS isnt a power role that is. I think Blaze is the recruit, Mno an idiot vig. I think the vig should take out the recruit...and we should track down the leader(s).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Occult »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Waiting for Spring to reread.

Occult, why are you not voting Blaze at this time?

Seems like a big risk for blaze to claim blocking TSS, unless he knows that TSS isnt a power role that is. I think Blaze is the recruit, Mno an idiot vig. I think the vig should take out the recruit...and we should track down the leader(s).
I brought up some other suspicions in this post and just haven't re-voted yet.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:37 am

Post by armlx »

vollkan wrote:
Armlx wrote: The case against spring is he has really been holding back all game until this last post, and he attacked vollkan for his list. Both very cult leader-like behaviors.
I don't see what is particularly "cult leader-like" about attacking the list. I don't even think it is necessarily scummy - I can think it reasonable for town to react with suspicion of something so odd as what I did. I can also fathom scum trying to look busy by attacking it. Anyway, it doesn't strictly suggest CL, does it?
The second is just scum like in general, but the first is cult leader like as typically their game plan is to just live for a few nights, at which point everything resolves itself well for them.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:38 am

Post by armlx »

EBWODP: It could be SK like too I guess, though I would think an SK would be more active as they have less lynch protection than a cult leader.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”