Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:14 am

Post by armlx »

Battle Mage wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Surye wrote:I can buy that you may be the best player in this game, I sure as hell am not. However, being the best player doesn't mean you're town, so I'm not sure how much that should mean. But now I'm just waiting for you know who so this game can finally get on.
Primate is being sarcastic

you gullible newbes.. 8-)
Actually Primate IS clearly the best player here. I'd even go as far as to say, he's got the second strongest scumdar on the whole of MS. Not telling who is first, as it refers to ongoing games.

BM
Way to blatantly buddy up to the probable info role.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Primate isn't much different from everybody else.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:19 am

He just gets talked about a lot.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Superfly »

I was inactive because I'm a lurker. Before you ask, not by choice, but by bad habits. You all are not the only one who has to suffer my lazyness.

Primate's case is obviously intentional. Either he is attempting a gambit or has some kind of information, we can't be sure of. I can see these likely explanations.
  • He has some knowledge which implicates me in some way

I understand if he doesn't want to claim, but results can lie and should at least be presented.

• He is scum and trying to make it look like he knows something

Possible, as he could easily lay the blame on faulty intelligence if he is wrong

• He is scum and is trying to get someone lynched fast

Doubt it, too obvious.

• He is just gouging responses.

I'd say it is possible.

• He picked me out for some meta reason.

Can't see the reason, so it is unlikely.
As for Primate himself.
  • I haven't played with him before

• I don't know anything about him aside from what has been posted in this thread

• I don't know about his playing ability aside from that his actions seem intentional. In any case, it doesn't matter.
As for the other players, I am not sure. I guess Dasquian also has some sort of information on me or he is just really trusting of Primate. The others could be scum for jumping onto the first bandwagon. Though I could say some of the intentions(getting me to talk) are understandable.

Trivia:
Yeah... I was kinda weirded out when it gave me 1 on a 1d25...and I haven't see any real evidence that he really is very fly, certainly not super fly so...
Superfly has nothing to do with super or flies. It is the name of a character from Daikatana, the fabled game of John Romero The game itself is so bad that it is good. Full of bugs and bad quality, but hilarious because of it. It is like watching an episode of the power rangers and outright laughing at the cheap plastic suits and lame cgi effects.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Superfly »

Oh and what is the deal with Primate? What has he done to earn this praise? Just curious.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Surye wrote:I can buy that you may be the best player in this game, I sure as hell am not. However, being the best player doesn't mean you're town, so I'm not sure how much that should mean. But now I'm just waiting for you know who so this game can finally get on.
Primate is being sarcastic

you gullible newbes.. 8-)
Actually Primate IS clearly the best player here. I'd even go as far as to say, he's got the second strongest scumdar on the whole of MS. Not telling who is first, as it refers to ongoing games.

BM
Way to blatantly buddy up to the probable info role.
Way to tell the scum to NK Primate. idiot... :roll:

Ftr, ive yet to see anything that indicates Primate is a power role.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="dahill1"][quote="Battle Mage"][quote="dahill1"][quote="Awesome Pants"]Oops, totally forgot about this game.

[quote="muffinhead"]Remeber that we have 3 weeks, so we can lynch as much as possible, the more lynching done the less lynches the mafia get. So based on that i believe we should bumrush as much as possible but only if we have an idea someone is scum and if they arnt it wont be a big loss.[/quote]

So you're basically saying we should lynch as many people as possible so that scum don't get to NK?? If you're serious, imo, this is a really horrible plan.

vote: muffinhead

[quote="skitzer"][quote="Kaleidoscope/Mod, Post1"]The police department is requesting the town that if there were any witnesses, they should notify this at the police department.[/quote]

This demonstrates how someone could put the "???????" option to good use. If you were a witness to these crimes, you could alert the police department.[/quote]

I just thought about this, but in the first post the mod also said that:

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]The city of New York has a problem. A mafia syndicate has been running a lot of the town behind the scenes for years. A reporter for the local paper first published a story on the corruption about six months back. The corruption went all the way to the to city hall, and infected the police department as well (...) About half of the old police force has been fired. [/quote]

I'm taking from this that if a message was sent to the police force then potentially any corrupt police officer would get to read it too. I wonder if it's possible for an officer to effectively "arrest" someone without being in a situation where they're claimed. I guess it's up to the townie in question to decide whether they want to risk it and if the positives outweight the negatives. Also, it's probably also possible to feed negative info to the cops if it's possible to feed them real info otherwise any info they received from a player would basically confirm their alignment.[/quote]

you also have to keep in mind that muffinhead is also a terrible newbie[/quote]

Right then Dahill, you're going to have to explain more, because as far as i can see, Muffinhead has the exact right strategy. Unless i'm just a terrible newbie who you feel doesnt deserve an explanation too?

BM[/quote]
unless i'm mistaken, his strategy is to quicklynch as much as possible...
in other words, no time to actually think about it, let's just lynch people!
muffinhead says if we mislynch it won't be a big loss..what if the person is a pro-town power role? also, if we mislynch too many times then we lose. i can see he has the right intentions in mind (try and lynch as many scum as possible before night), but we won't accomplish that with bumrushing people left and right.
[quote="Superfly"]Hey.

Posting n stuff soon.[/quote]
HE HAS ARRIVED!![/quote]

running people up is what will give us information in this game. From the bandwagons, we can potentially learn alot, and this game is easily winnable.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:38 am

Post by dahill1 »

[quote="Battle Mage"][quote="dahill1"][quote="Battle Mage"][quote="dahill1"][quote="Awesome Pants"]Oops, totally forgot about this game.

[quote="muffinhead"]Remeber that we have 3 weeks, so we can lynch as much as possible, the more lynching done the less lynches the mafia get. So based on that i believe we should bumrush as much as possible but only if we have an idea someone is scum and if they arnt it wont be a big loss.[/quote]

So you're basically saying we should lynch as many people as possible so that scum don't get to NK?? If you're serious, imo, this is a really horrible plan.

vote: muffinhead

[quote="skitzer"][quote="Kaleidoscope/Mod, Post1"]The police department is requesting the town that if there were any witnesses, they should notify this at the police department.[/quote]

This demonstrates how someone could put the "???????" option to good use. If you were a witness to these crimes, you could alert the police department.[/quote]

I just thought about this, but in the first post the mod also said that:

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]The city of New York has a problem. A mafia syndicate has been running a lot of the town behind the scenes for years. A reporter for the local paper first published a story on the corruption about six months back. The corruption went all the way to the to city hall, and infected the police department as well (...) About half of the old police force has been fired. [/quote]

I'm taking from this that if a message was sent to the police force then potentially any corrupt police officer would get to read it too. I wonder if it's possible for an officer to effectively "arrest" someone without being in a situation where they're claimed. I guess it's up to the townie in question to decide whether they want to risk it and if the positives outweight the negatives. Also, it's probably also possible to feed negative info to the cops if it's possible to feed them real info otherwise any info they received from a player would basically confirm their alignment.[/quote]

you also have to keep in mind that muffinhead is also a terrible newbie[/quote]

Right then Dahill, you're going to have to explain more, because as far as i can see, Muffinhead has the exact right strategy. Unless i'm just a terrible newbie who you feel doesnt deserve an explanation too?

BM[/quote]
unless i'm mistaken, his strategy is to quicklynch as much as possible...
in other words, no time to actually think about it, let's just lynch people!
muffinhead says if we mislynch it won't be a big loss..what if the person is a pro-town power role? also, if we mislynch too many times then we lose. i can see he has the right intentions in mind (try and lynch as many scum as possible before night), but we won't accomplish that with bumrushing people left and right.
[quote="Superfly"]Hey.

Posting n stuff soon.[/quote]
HE HAS ARRIVED!![/quote]

running people up is what will give us information in this game. From the bandwagons, we can potentially learn alot, and this game is easily winnable.

BM[/quote]
oh i see..like people under pressure claiming, right? or who defends/attacks the person being bandwagoned, etc.?

[quote="muffinhead"]If i was scum it would be preety obvious if u ask some peoplpe here lol.[/quote]
p.s. WIFOM
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

^yes
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Primate »

Superfly wrote:Superfly has nothing to do with super or flies. It is the name of a character from Daikatana, the fabled game of John Romero The game itself is so bad that it is good. Full of bugs and bad quality, but hilarious because of it. It is like watching an episode of the power rangers and outright laughing at the cheap plastic suits and lame cgi effects.
That's actually why I'm voting you.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Superfly »

Primate wrote:That's actually why I'm voting you.
Well that's interesting.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:06 am

Primate, state your thoughts on Nabakov.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Primate »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Primate, state your thoughts on Nabakov.
I think he honestly believes that Suyre is scummy, but isn't attacking him very convincingly.

What are you looking at there?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Primate wrote:
Superfly wrote:Superfly has nothing to do with super or flies. It is the name of a character from Daikatana, the fabled game of John Romero The game itself is so bad that it is good. Full of bugs and bad quality, but hilarious because of it. It is like watching an episode of the power rangers and outright laughing at the cheap plastic suits and lame cgi effects.
That's actually why I'm voting you.
Is that it?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Natirasha »

I had a long-winded post about the current state of the game, but the internet hates me. In short, it was: Superfly lynch still unexplained; Suyre is trying a bit too hard to act town; Battle Mage is withholding information.

At the moment, I'm not really getting any vibes off anyone except Suyre, and even that is totally minor.

Also,
unvote
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Natirasha wrote:I had a long-winded post about the current state of the game, but the internet hates me. In short, it was: Superfly lynch still unexplained; Suyre is trying a bit too hard to act town; Battle Mage is withholding information.

At the moment, I'm not really getting any vibes off anyone except Suyre, and even that is totally minor.

Also,
unvote
i alrady can see the explanations for the other things, but can you explain why you BM is withholding info? and how also?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Posts 196 and 197.

As I said in the sign-up thread, although I did not participate in the original Realistic Mafia at Px2, I did watch it. In the original, there was four roles: Mafia, Townie, Cop(town-aligned), and Mayor(town-aligned, of course). The first three are self-explanatory. The mayor knew the identity of all four cops and got the results of all cop investigations, but was otherwise a simple townie. The cops did not know the mayor.

So far, it seems that K-Scope just stole the same set-up. This was alluded to at the end of the original(the actual thread was deleted, but this is the gist of it)
I could run this same exact set-up again and it would have played out totally differently.

This leads me to believe that BM is the mayor. While he might just be refering to muffinhead's newbieness with 196, he says Primate has a great scumdar in 197. He could be saying this because Primate investigated Superfly, and came up scum. If he was mayor, then he would know this.

And before you ask, yes, I am probably drawing conclusions where there are none.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Surye »

Well, since Primate either made a joke about his motivations, or he has simply admitted to starting an information gathering wagon with nothing but a superficial reason, I guess back to the drawing board?

Superfly didn't seem to offer the great insight so many were expecting.

Natirasha: This setup does seem pretty likely, though I have a gut feeling your attribution of the players to roles may be off. I also don't see how BM is withholding information really.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by armlx »

Before I start this post is going to be contradictory.
Battle Mage wrote: Way to tell the scum to NK Primate. idiot... :roll:
Way to hide an OMGUS under saying I was leaking info that any reasonably intelligent player would assume. There's two pro-town reasons for that wagon: role information and reaction gaging, and any player who has been around for a couple games should know that.

Natashira: You pointing out non-obvious town power roles like that does nothing to help us, only to harm.

Unvote
if that was just a reaction wagon.
Vote sideney
for wanting to make a "safe" vote and responding in a completely unanswering, sarcastic manner.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Celebloki »

Well I was originally hoping Primate had some dirt on him other than his name. However, he is admittedly a lurker and has been away so My vote will stand purely on his non-participation.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by armlx »

Celebloki wrote:Well I was originally hoping Primate had some dirt on him other than his name. However, he is admittedly a lurker and has been away so My vote will stand purely on his non-participation.
If you check his posts across all games its evident he simply went AFK for a week. That is not lurking.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Surye »

Well, I am not 100% that it's the right course of action, but Superfly is admittedly a lurker, has no real pro-town qualities, we have SOMETHING against him, coming from Primate and BM, and even if Superfly turns out town, then if primate sticks to his guns, he'll have to explain himself then.

I think a lynch may not be a bad thing, and I think the most valuable one right now is Superfly.

This may seem not in line with what I have been saying entirely, but I have been listening to everyone's points, and I'm thinking at this point this may be right.

Unvote. Vote:Superfly
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Surye »

armlx wrote:
Celebloki wrote:Well I was originally hoping Primate had some dirt on him other than his name. However, he is admittedly a lurker and has been away so My vote will stand purely on his non-participation.
If you check his posts across all games its evident he simply went AFK for a week. That is not lurking.
Still, it is no good for the game, especially no good for town. He even said this is habitual.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by armlx »

Surye wrote:
armlx wrote:
Still, it is no good for the game, especially no good for town. He even said this is habitual.
FOS Surye
. This is not the path to victory. If the behavior is recurring, then it becomes valid. Until then, we kill the scummy people, not the easy lynches.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”