Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Tasky »

TheLonging wrote: ... lot of stuff ...
first please don't post inside the quotes... it get's hard to respond to that...
"But how often would this have to happen?"
I don't really get the question...
I was just trying to say, that when everybody has a neighbor, (like in the everyone-targets-the-person-right-under-them-in-popularity-way) a cop can investigate one of his neighbors, so that he has someone to talk to in case he has an innocent result without having to fear exposure...

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

I think we should agree on some pre-fixed order for neighborizing, otherwise scum could avouid having to talk too much more easily...
there should really be a good reason not to hold too such a pre-fixed order...
IMO, the everyone-targets-the-person-right-under-them-in-popularity-way is a good one, since it can not be influenced by scum...

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
vollkan wrote:You accused players of IIoA. When the phrase "IIoA" is used, it is always used in the context of an attack. If you didn't mean it that way, you shouldn't have used that particular phrase. It's the same as when player X might make a mistake in expressing their understanding of player Y's views, and then player Y calls it a "misrepresentation", rather than just an "error". In short, it's inflated language.

The reason we have label scumtells like "contradiction", "IIoA", etc. is precisely so that we don't always have to go: "You did X. X is scummy."
I intended it in the sense: "let's stop focusing on the setup, because that's pointless, [then I explain why], do scumhunting instead"
for me the therm IioA doesn't implicitly carry an attack...
vollkan wrote:
Tasky wrote: no... the reason was not about wagoning you... I just picked you because you had most votes... the reason is about wagoning someone... the problem is just that atm there is no wagon-target who I could wagon (since you all despise self-voting)...
I'm calling your bluff. I want a vote to force Tasky to reveal his reason. Obviously, I vote in favour.
as I said, nothing major, and nothing about you... I just wanted people to attack me, so I could try to get reads on them based on how they attack (or not attack) me... attacks on others are more difficult to read, since I don't know their roles, so I wanted to try this out... this are my first games online, I have to do some experiments and see if they work...

PS: why do you talk about wanting to force a vote but then go on to unvote?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:54 am

Post by TheLonging »

That's just how I respond to large quotes
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:56 am

Post by vollkan »

Xite wrote: Uhm, can I just say something real quick?
Youre a dumb
And you're missing a noun.
Xite wrote: I was saying the we're alsmost surely going to lynch tasky today was a joke
I was saying that it might be better if we each kind of interrogated each one people on our own one at a time, not that it was for sure it'd be good, but a possibility

It was an idea to end day 1 early so that scumhunting might be easier. I wasn't even saying every day, I was saying day 1
Fine; I can see how you could have meant it that way. But, you really should quote what you are responding to so that you avoid ambiguity like that
Unvote, Vote: Tasky
. -4
Tasky wrote: I think we should agree on some pre-fixed order for neighborizing, otherwise scum could avouid having to talk too much more easily...
IMO, the everyone-targets-the-person-right-under-them-in-popularity-way is a good one, since it can not be influenced by scum...
Definitely not.

Yes, it makes it slightly easier for scum. But it also prevents town from targeting where they think they can have the most impact.

Tasky wrote: PS: why do you talk about wanting to force a vote but then go on to unvote?
I meant everybody votes to force you to reveal your reason.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Tasky »

Xite91 wrote:It was an idea to end day 1 early so that scumhunting might be easier. I wasn't even saying every day, I was saying day 1

I NEVER claimed that the quicklynch thing was a joke
so you really think depriving us of the only weapon we have against scum, discussion, will be good for town?
whatever tactics you may want to use during the first night with your neighbor, they are only going to be more effective if you have more info... it's not like the night-talking is going to run away
so please answer, do you
really
think this?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Andrius »

@ Tasky: We should probably organize neighborizing to some extent. Even if its just claiming our N1 Neighborize D2, we should do something to threaten the scum into neighborizing. We could probably claim N1 neighborizes today.
vollkan wrote: I meant everybody votes to force you to reveal your reason.
I support this. I'm still curious as to what the mystery reason was.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Tasky »

vollkan wrote:
Tasky wrote: I think we should agree on some pre-fixed order for neighborizing, otherwise scum could avouid having to talk too much more easily...
Definitely not.

Yes, it makes it slightly easier for scum. But it also prevents town from targeting where they think they can have the most impact.
I don't agree with this... giving everyone free choice let's scum more room to dodge discussion... and you are forgetting that scum could be hiding in the crowd during day and not let you spot them, so that you never even think about talking to them at night... but since by the mentioned method everybody has to talk to somebody, that's just not possible...
if you think somebody is scum, you say it in the thread and then by the method there are usually two neighbors who can do the interrogation... it is highly unlikely that both are scum, so that at least on interrogation will be done by a townie... and if your reasons for thinking someone was scum were good, that townie will understand them and do a good interrogation
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Tasky »

Andrius wrote:
vollkan wrote: I meant everybody votes to force you to reveal your reason.
I support this. I'm still curious as to what the mystery reason was.
I already told...
Tasky wrote:as I said, nothing major, and nothing about you
... I just wanted people to attack me, so I could try to get reads on them based on how they attack (or not attack) me... attacks on others are more difficult to read, since I don't know their roles, so I wanted to try this out... this are my first games online, I have to do some experiments and see if they work...
you = vollkan
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:13 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

Tasky (3) - Friend, PranaDevil, vollkan
Andrius (1) - Seraphim
vollkan (1) - Scott Brosius
seraphim (1) - Tasky
Friend (1) - Andrius

Not Voting (5) - Max, TheLonging, Sando, NicoBolas, Xite91
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Friend »

Tasky, what information have you gathered from the attacks on you?
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, went through the whole thread and found what I think is interesting...

I'll start with Friend
Friend wrote:I'm still curious to the reasoning behind the soft VT claim. Generating discussion doesn't seem to be enough.
There was no VT soft claim
Simple as that
Friend wrote:Andrius and others: What are the pros and cons of a mass-popularity level claim? I'm fairly new to this whole thing so if this is a dumb idea please tell me :)
Ok, so you're the one that started this whole mass popularity claim idea right?
Friend wrote:I know that a mass popularity number claim wouldn't be hugely beneficial in terms of scumhunting, but it would help ensure success at neighborizing. That's all I wanted to get.
So you just want to because it could help neighborizing? but not scum hunting... hmm
Friend wrote:I agree with vollkan completely. That's what I had in mind when I suggested it. And I highly doubt that the level of popularity is tied to anything (PR-ness, alignment) so I don't think claiming it is rolefishing, like you said xite. Also, xite, why do you think scum would be able to fool a townie in the QT, when if they're that good at playing scum, they'll probably just be fooling them in the thread anyways?

I like this idea too. But yeah, we should wait 'til everyone's said their piece on the matter before we start claiming numbers.
Then what was with the VT claim statement before??
Friend wrote:I think most of us are in favor of this...so who wants to start? Andrius and then we can just popcorn from there, or go by the playerlist, or have everyone shout it out at once, doesn't really matter.
So you're the one pushing it again...

So which one is it? you do or don't think that popularity levels have to do with roles?
For the record, other than the basic, preps will be more popular, and so on and so forth ideas, I have evidence to believe that power roles ARE effected by popularity level.

And as for the popularity claim push thing, just pointing that out for future reference...

Next, i'll go with Vollkan
vollkan wrote:Interesting point. I'm not sure if it is a flaw, though. My reasoning proceeds as follows:

1) Assuming that such a role could be used in passing period
n
and then the target has the new rank in passing period
n + 1
, then the biggest risk is simply that the person they speak to, if it is somsebody that they could not have spoken to before, will accuse them of having lied about their ranking.

2) However, we already know that it will be impossible for scum to lie at the initial claim stage because they will get counterclaimed.

3) Accordingly, any purported change in popularity ranking will have to be true

The fact that the changes would be caused by a power role (though, we don't know of what alignment) instinctively makes me think that such changes should not be changed. Reason being is that, as a general rule I think, a person would want to increase the ranking of somebody they consider pro-town (so as to give them more choice) and decrease the ranking of somebody they suspect (so as to reduce their ability to pick their scumbuddies and avoid exposure to the town); hence, claiming changes, (publicly, since people might well target somebody they think is likely town and tell them about the change) could out a PR. So, at this stage I don't think changes should be publicly claimed.
Prana wrote: Regarding the bolded bit there, they wouldn't be able to. If we all said "target the person below you in the list" then anyone who didn't would be automatically pointed out as scum. They would basically be forced into neighboring with the person below them or being known as scum.
The problem is that saying "Target the person below you" or any other rigid formulation removes any ability of town to individually target and interrogate a particular player they suspect, or collaborate with somebody they think is town. Hence, we need to have a free choice; in which case, we need to claim those choices and (because reasons are always good) the reasons why.
1) Considering everyone's idea that lies = scum, that is a big risk
2) We weren't completely sure of this... Just saying
3) wha?

I think for today, we should do everyone target person lower than you, this will guarantee some night talk for town no matter what and we can have that if they didn't, they're probably scum.
Tomorrow we can let it be free choices and see what happens

Just to let you know, I've learned that the biggest fault of town in mafia games is that everything becomes black and white. Lets try not to do that

Regarding some of your other posts

Vollkan there are plenty of chances of outing a PR in that case, but there are also plenty of chances NOT to.
Here's some possibilities of that role

1) Talking with someone in their QT makes that person's popularity go up/down
2) They can target one person per night to bring them up one (or more) popularity level
3) They can target one person per night to bring them down one (or more) popularity level
4) They can do either 2 or 3
5) They can do both 2 and 3

Now the rest of it, I'm just going to post in order.

Tasky, what they were doing with the role thing was more setup speculation/gaming the mod than IioA
You did pull IioA yourself, but with the idea of analyzing it it seems.
Tasky does not seem scummy for this, just misguided

Friend fighting with him over this concerns me for some reason
And the wagon seems somewhat unwarranted at that point, Friend, making me more suspicious of you
Next, why is Vollkan one of the morep pro-town players at that point?
I mean, it was page 3 and he only posted 4 times
And nothing he wrote made me either here or there with him
Can you explain please?

Tasky, self voting was really stupid, and I voted you for it out of policy. (Although it did make me laugh :) )

Friend, trying to get an opinion from me, not really scummy but worth the question, why only me?

Volkan, I know, I do it on purpose all the time. Just a saying I've come to call my own :)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Xite91 »

EBWOP, I totally meant to do this
Vote: Friend
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Friend »

I thought Andrius was softclaiming VT with this:
Andrius wrote:If I were popular, it would be more of a PR than a unpopular person, so I would have been hesitant.
Other than that, I don't really get your case on me. It would be poor modding to tie popularity levels to PR-ness, IMO (as in the top 3 most popular students are PRs, the bottom 3 are scum, whatever).

I called vollkan pro-town because that was the feeling I got from him. Nothing more, nothing less.

I asked you the question because you hadn't mentioned Tasky up to that point, just voted him for the sake of "helping push him."

Do you find me asking for the popularity claim scummy? I don't see why it would be.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Xite91 »

First, Yes I see it scummy, because I have reason to believe that Power-Roles are linked to popularity, not less popular = scum, why would I even say that if that were the case??? I'm just saying based on flavor text and such that I think that power-roles are based on popularity.

Yeah, but you said he was "the
most
pro-town player" not just a pro-town player. To me that is a bit more interesting

I never voted for him that I remember, until after I posted about him (AKA when I said it was a policy of mine to vote self-voters)
I don't think I even said his name before that... Unless we're talking about different questions, in which case, what question are YOU talking about?
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Max »

I haven't received a role PM. As such I do not wish to post anything game related as I feel that it gives me an unfair advantage akin to not reading role PM by choice.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Friend »

I said "arguably." There's a difference.

How would PRs be based on popularity? That makes breaking this game way too easy.
Xite91 wrote:Oh shit, just looked at the game and I think I mixed it up with another I'm in for votes...
so yeah
Unvote: Vote Tasky

I'll help push him :)
You voted him here, which was immediately after your post where you mentioned self-voters.

I was talking about this question:
Friend wrote:Xite, what do you think about Tasky wagoning for the sake of wagoning?
I still don't get the case by the way. Calling someone pro-town is not a scumtell, what I did was not rolefishing, and other than that...I don't think you have anything.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Xite91 »

Okay, so it was the same question, but let me point out the order of operations
1) I don't say ANYTHING about tasky all game
2) You ask me the question
3) I point out that I hate self voters, and that the only reason I'm not voting is because I think he is at L-2
4) I vote, realizing that there weren't hardly any votes on him at all

After all this you say this
Friend wrote:I asked you the question because you hadn't mentioned Tasky up to that point, just voted him for the sake of "helping push him."
But if you look at the order of operations, that is a terrible explanation

You saying he was pro-town is not a scumtell
I was asking how he seems "arguably the most pro-town"
IMO considering its only been like 2 days since this game started, I'd argue that the ones that haven't posted are the most pro-town at this point
Also, he doesn't seem so pro-town to me so I'm confused
Plus, it seemed like an obvious buddying-up tactic

And I never said that the most popular/least popular person gets power roles, I'm just saying it's more likely based on flavour text that prs are in the higher area of popularity, that's all. I'm not saying all of them are at all, I'm just saying it's possible.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Max »

I am
the
most popular person.

Here is my opinion on outline of proposed actions towards neighbouring:
  1. Enforced "You must pick this person" -
    Opposed

I as the most popular person and an adequate scum hunter feels that I should be allowed to pick whoever I wish. Say I felt like picking a scummy person to pick at some argument then I want to be able to do that. Say I want a townie to argue with I want that possibility too.
  2. Explaining Choices of Masonships -
    Support

I feel that this is necessary. Scum cannot hide behind their actions saying "I had to". Only ranks 11/12 have no choice of who to pair with and that means that everyone else's choice can be analysed.
  3. Claiming Tonight's choices in advance -
    Opposed

Do I really need to explain why? It would give scum information going into night one that the town would only use day 2.
Seriously. This conversation needs to be finished pretty quick. It's evident people will have different abilities however as this is the most powerful tool town power (I guess) we have to use we should make sure we don't forget the more important one. Lynching.

Once we've steered away from this scum can expose themselves. This sort of convo helps nobody.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Xite91 »

Why can't we use the target one below you for the first night?
I mean the qts go on for the rest of the game as mod has tolds us, so we could use that to our advantage.
After that I don't think we should claim who we chose to mason with until it's important to (ex: it will help with a case)
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Xite91 »

EBWOP and considering it's D1 I think that's the best choice because then EVERYONE gets a tell on someone. This we can use going into day two.
Afterwards, I think it should be up to individuals to choose and when necessary say who, why and what info they got from it.
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Max »

Yes, but Night 2 is the first opportunity you have to talk with your mason. So having a random person (so the person below - I can't remember who mine is) is useless as it would be night three when you actually can talk with someone you want. That is 4 kills (I guess?) after today so the QT wouldn't be used as evidence.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Sando »

Apologies, didn't realise it had started, will post more today!
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Max »

Well, it might be referred to but most people wouldn't use it as evidence as they should be more than enough evidence that can be read by all. The QT can make you decide someone is scum but the real thread will provide evidence.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Friend »

I agree with Max.

Xite, I got my order of things mixed up then. Sue me. I wanted to know your opinion, that's the point.
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Xite91 »

In regards to saying someone saying (Andrius IIRC) he wasn't that popular
Friend wrote:Oh...
I was gonna ask but I didn't want to rolefish. Why do you feel the need to out that so early?
Friend wrote:No, I didn't want to rolefish. If I had gone ooh Andrius tell me more about your unpopularity I guarantee someone would have called me out for rolefishing. Just wanted to make sure you were okay with saying your unpopularity publicly before I said anything.
But I thought you said that prs weren't linked to popularity in your opinion?

Also
Friend wrote:
Tasky wrote:I think it would be best that everyone at night talks to the one who is just one step under them in the popularity scala, so that everyone (save nr.1 and nr.12) has 2 neighbors and there is no one who doesn't have a neighbor...
I like this idea too. But yeah, we should wait 'til everyone's said their piece on the matter before we start claiming numbers.
But later you agree with max?
Unless youre talking about agreeing with something else he's said.

Also I've seen an almost obvious attempt from you to buddy up with at least three separate people already

in regards to your last post - But my question was why did you want to know my opinion?

And the reason it was scummy that you would push a claim was that you even said yourself that it wouldn't be beneficial to scum-hunting

yeah, my vote's gonna stay
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Friend »

My mind has changed over the course of the game. It happens. People made logical, convincing arguments as to why certain things were/weren't true (popularity-PR link, the "one person below you idea"). I agreed with them. Since when is that a scumtell?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”