Newbie 1710 - Kittens (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:30 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Copper literally said I was town and you were scum before he died.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:24 am

Post by House »

In post 1400, MURDERCAT wrote:Copper literally said I was town and you were scum before he died.
Which is entirely consistent with
In post 1399, House wrote:He suspected the MC slot 90% of the game, and only wavered because of my self-hammer (which is absolutely reasonable).
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm starting to think House scum again.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:32 am

Post by House »

Idgaf

VOTE: House

End this shit. I thought it was already over anyway.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Drixx »

Sorry for the long delay. There was a situation which arose that needed to be evaluated to decide how to proceed.

House has been mod-killed for discussing this game in another game and compromising this game irrevocably. He was a
Vanilla Townie
but has been changed to a
Neutral Survivor
and loses the game. Unfortunately, the game state is now compromised beyond salvaging. Going to a night phase now would hand the scum team a win, and resetting votes would obviously result in a very rapid town win. For this reason, Newbie 1710 officially ends in a draw. Everyone but House wins.

I will have quite a bit of commentary coming in the next 24 hours. There was a LOT that happened this game that warrants discussion. Please feel free to ask questions, as you may be curious about something I am not already planning to cover. Critiques and suggestions on how to better mod games are always welcome, as I am still relatively new to modding on this site. To save everyone the trouble of mentioning the most obvious one: I've already adjusted my thinking/planning concerning vote counts to be two per real life day minimum, and more if a lot of posts happen. Even when votes aren't being moved around, having more vote counts gives the players more information and tools to use to solve the game (as town) or try and get a mislynch (as scum). So no real need to mention that one, as I already self-critiqued it and made notes.

The Moderator/setup PT, Scum PT and Dead thread PT links will all be included in a post after I go over the things that need to be covered given the situations which arose this game. Anyone who would like a critique either publicly or privately should feel free to ask. I'm sure Thor665 will be happy to give his thoughts, as will I.

Finally: Thank you all for playing and especially to those who replaced in. An extra special thanks to Nahdia for displaying great integrity and reporting that the game was compromised when nobody else noticed or realized and she could have simply kept it to herself and won. Putting fair play and fun ahead of winning is a great example.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Zyf »

good shit nahdia
:)
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

this account is ded now kthxbai
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Creature »

How sad...
Sigh
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Zyf »

town was most likely gonna win this one

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Titus »

I don't mind a public critique Drixx. It make take me ages but I AM listening. Ask Pirate Mollie. I still suck at doing the things she recommended but I am listening.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Nahdia »

Shame. I believe House just made an innocent mistake and it sucked that it resulted in this. I offered to replace out as soon as I realized what was going on but I don't really blame Drixx for just calling it a game here.

I'm assuming MURDERCAT was scum? I'd like to say I was leaning towards him but his last post DID certainly give me pause. I really can't say which way I woulda gone. MURDERCAT's play was reminding me a lot of my own when he lynched me when I was SK in a mini we recently played together. Very similar situation actually. Everyone played well. Good game guys. I'm sorry I was kind of disconnected from here at times; I've been struggling with finding what's my ideal load of games I can take on at one time. Appreciate everyone's patience with me as well as the effort you all put in.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Zyf »

MC was absolutely my scum friend
Let me tell you that watching House get completely baited for a few days by the WIFOM I did was absolutely hilarious to watch

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Drixx »

The first post is updated and shows everyone's role in the alive/dead/mod-killed spoilers, and all game events are listed. I am slammed busy as my move is rapidly approaching, and just because life apparently has to be a little harder, I had a bit of the digestive issue my spinal injury sometimes causes crop up starting Monday night and making it very difficult to sleep the last couple nights. I think it has resolved, and I'm thankful that the issue is generally much more mild than it used to be, and usually a much shorter duration. That said, I'm pretty knackered and off to nap now that I got the stuff I needed to handle behind the scenes done.

I'll get to the critiques requested as fast as I can. After my nap, I'll be posting and talking about two topics: Trust Tells (we had something very close this game, and I'll explain why it wasn't a Trust Tell, despite House making a very big deal of it in the game thread), and discussion of ongoing games. Those two things are actually a couple of the most important things to be aware of and handle properly, and so I will address them after I've napped and I'm fresh and awake instead of barely keeping my eyes open.

Just in case it wasn't clear earlier: Everyone but House won this game. It's a draw, and in my games a Draw means everyone wins instead of everyone loses. I'm the mod and that's my call, and nothing is worse than investing months into a game and having a draw where everyone loses. Hopefully the journey was enjoyable and everyone had at least a little fun along the way though. After all: when we're playing games that last months it seems to me that the journey should be what we find fun and enjoyable ... not the end result. Winning is great, but so is being genuinely happy if the other team wins. If I can impart nothing else to the people who play my games, I do want to impart this idea and hope it grows in your mind like inception. The fun is in the journey... not the destination.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by copper223 »

As someone that made a similar mistske to house, I inadvertefly told another player active in a game where I'd been nkd, while interacting with a third that my read record was far better then theirs so they should start listening, which the mods found to be game compromising as the player himself asked if I was referring to that game as well, it sucks when it happens but you really have to be careful.

I liked Murdercat's game a lot!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:40 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Kind of a fitting end to a game that saw both scumslots get replaced twice, both PRs forced to claim day 1, A takesie backsie self hammer followed by an actual self hammer and more...

You have my permission to release the scum thread, although it might be best to remove Mizzy's posts.

I was happy about turning my slot around, but I don't know how I got to the point where me not dying was evidence I was scum (not that I'm saying that logic was bad, I just don't think my play warranted a town read that strong).

This is my first scum game so critiques are welcome. Thor, I'm very curious if my post would have done enough to convince you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

I agree, Murder's endgame work was pretty darn solid. He started a little shaky on it, but when he doubled down it started being very convincing.
I was probably being colored by personal issues with House though, I'll admit that - as I don't think an indecisive Nahdia is telling :lol:

Pedit - hard to say now that I don't have to make the choice. Desmond's play had been consistantly a strong town tell to me. Probably it would have depended if I had looked back at it again. If I had I suspect I would have returned to voting you, as that and the night kill choice where really the sum of my case on you. If I hadn't gone back and looked...? Maybe I would have voted House.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:00 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Do you think I should have killed you? I think I wifomed 1 level too deep. Either way it would have been very strange I was alive, I complained about that in the scum thread.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

That is the price you pay for shooting Cerb the day before - I didn't consider that an optimal kill.

I think probably a House shot was your best option, because the argument there would have been clearly he would have voted Thor, you and I would have cross voted, and then you would have had lazy lurk Nahdia to convince that I was scum, a thought she had been toying with for some time while also not buying into my self meta.

A Thor shot probably would have been good too - I don't know how strong Nahdia's town read on him was, but by the looks of it she had a weaker town read on him than me.

The problem with the Nahdia shot was simply because of my gambit - it changed my read. I don't think you could really have predicted that unless you knew I was gambiting? If you knew I was gambiting the other shots would have been a better move.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Drixx »

A small voice says that Cerberus got mislynched and wasn't killed by scum.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Zyf »

a smaller voice notes that the moderator is correct

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Oh yeah, I forgot, I lynched him.

Rest of the commentary holds solid regardless.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Mina »

Goodbye.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”