Newbie 1710 - Kittens (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Newbie 1710 - Kittens (Post-Game)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Drixx »

Kittens

Newbie 1710 by Drixx

Welcome to Kittens, a newbie game featuring the Semi-Open Matrix6 setup, and featuring adorable kitten images with vote counts and day opening and closing posts.

Playerlist:

1.) Zyf
Mizzytastic
N e s s *

2.) Cerberus v666
Percifrax

3.) Titus
4.) Performer
Algae *

5.) House
Desmond_13 *

6.) Nahdia
7.) Murdercat (SE)
Root (SE)
Charloux (SE)

8.) copper223 (SE)
9.) Thor665 (IC)

* = prods
Replacements noted with
Strikethrough

Spoiler: Still Alive (3/9)
6.) Nahdia
1-Shot BP

7.) Murdercat (SE)
Mafia Goon

9.) Thor665 (IC)
Vanilla Townie

Spoiler: In the Dead Thread (5/9)
4.) Performer
(Vanilla Townie)

3.) Titus
(Town Jailkeeper)

1.) Zyf
(Mafia Roleblocker)

8.) copper223 (SE)
(Vanilla Townie)

2.) Cerberus v666
(Vanilla Townie)

Spoiler: Mod-Killed (1/9)
5.) House
(Neutral Survivor)

Vote Counts:

1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7
2.0, 2.1
3.0, 3.1
4.0, 4.1

Game Events:

Day one:

Root replaces Charloux.
House replaces Desmond.
Murdercat replaces Root.
Mizzytastic replaces N e s s.
Performer replaces Algae.
Performer was Lynched day one. (Vanilla Townie)

Day two:

Titus was found dead in the morning. (Town Jailkeeper)
Zyf was lynched. (Mafia roleblocker)

Day three:

Copper223 was found dead in the morning. (Vanilla Townie)
Cerberus v666 was lynched. (Vanilla Townie)

Day Four:

Nobody Died during Night 3.
House was Mod-Killed.
Game ends in a draw. Everyone but House wins.

Game Setup

This game is using the standard Newbie Game setup, Matrix6. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-shot
Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Please note:
  • The Mafia must specify who is performing all night actions when the actions are submitted
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.

Spoiler: Smaple Role PMs
Vanilla Townie

Welcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Town Jailkeeper

Welcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town Cop

Welcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town Doctor

Welcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

1-shot Bulletproof Townie

Welcome!

You are a
1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

The game thread is here.

Town Tracker

Welcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player they targeted with their action, if any.

The game thread is here.

Mafia Goon

Welcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and during the Night phase.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia Roleblocker

Welcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Your partner is PLAYER, who is a
Mafia Goon

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk in during pregame, and during the Night phase.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Current Vote Count

Vote Count 4.1House {1} - Murdercat
Nahdia {0} -
Murdercat {1} - House
Thor665 {0} -

Not Voting (2):
Nahdia, Thor665

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Deadline is July 22nd at 6:30pm EDT, which is in (expired on 2016-07-22 18:30:00)

The most recent Vote Count will always be found here for your convenience
Last edited by Drixx on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:08 am, edited 27 times in total.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Drixx »

Rules

Stolen and modified from Plotinus, with permission.

important bit
  • 14-day day phase, 48 hour night phase
  • Majority lynches
  • 72 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement
  • No Bah posts allowed
  • If a replacement is necessary (by request or not), once I post that I am searching for a replacement, the player being replaced should not post again until the game is over.
  • Don’t be a dick

1. Follow all site rules
  2. Mod colour
    - My mod colour is
    Burnt Orange
    ; don't use it.
  3. Behaviour
    - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but below the belt attacks will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player.
  4. Don't talk about ongoing games
    - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
  5. If you have any questions, you may ask in thread or PM me.

6. Tiny text
    is not allowed and is also of the devil, keep it 70+ please.
  7. Provable randomness
    - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
  8. Cryptography
    - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
  9. Confirmation
    - You have about 48 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  10. Days
    - Days last about 14 days, generally rounded to the nearest half hour. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements.
  11. Activity
    - You must post at least once every 72 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare
    V/LA
    in bold in the thread like this: [
    b]
    @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
    [
    /b].
  12. Prodging
    - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
  13. Quoting
    - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
  14. Voting
    - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Drixx or
    Vote: Drixx
    . Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type [
    v]Drixx[
    /v] to vote and [
    uv]Drixx[
    /uv] to unvote.
  15. Lynching
    - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to lynch somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no lynch, the day will end without a lynch. At evens, 50% is sufficient for no lynch.
  16. Twilight
    - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  17. Night
    - Night lasts about 48 hours. Life happens.
  18. Action submissions
    - You may submit actions via PM (if town) or PT (if scum). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline. I will always use the last action submitted before the deadline.
  19. Reminders
    - If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
  20. Play to Win
    - and have fun!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2016 11:45 am

Post by Drixx »

Vote Count 1.0N e s s {0} -
Percifrax {0} -
Titus {0} -
Algae {0} -
Desmond_13 {0} -
Nahdia {0} -
Charloux {0} -
copper223 {0} -
Thor665 {0} -

Not Voting (9):
Algae, Charloux, copper223, Desmond_13, Nahdia, N e s s, Percifrax, Thor665, Titus

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Sunday, June 5th at 3:00PM EDT, which is in (expired on 2016-06-05 15:00:00)

Role PMs are all out. The game will begin once everyone confirms. Confirmations: 9/9

Please give a hearty thank you and shout out to Titus and Nahdia for filling our two spots which both failed to !
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Titus »

Hi guys. We got a great bunch here. Y'all are in good hands for this game. Thor was my first IC and he's a very respected player as both alignments. This can seem intimidating at first but jump right in.

VOTE: Thor
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Charloux »

Damn, you took the first post...
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Nahdia »

sup nerds

VOTE: Desmond_13
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

IC speech

tl:dr - this entire commentary block is all about introducing myself as the IC, blathering about my duties, and offering a basic idea of some of the strategy of the RVS. If this interests you, please read on (especially if this is your first time playing here) if not, feel free to skip.
Spoiler: IC Intro
===========================================================================================

Greetings,

I am Thor665 and I am the Inexperienced Challenged (IC) player of this group. What this means is first and foremost - I am here to play this game with you in a way that will show you what it is like to play on Mafiascum.net. I am here to win and should be treated as such.

My goals and the rules governing my actions are covered in this handy article: Being a good IC
That article is part of our amazing MafiaWiki System. I *highly* recommend this system as a good way to get your feet wet and to find out what a lot of the common abbreviations mean. There is a lot of play strategy discussed in there too. A lot of players consider that advice almost all outdated now. I don't recommend trying to run verbatim with anything there, but a lot of the basic advice is very good to at least be aware of as it can help you avoid blatant pitfalls as you become familiar with the game play here.

Now, as an IC I am here as a resource for you to ask questions of concerning game theory. I WILL NOT lie about game theory answers and will answer them to the best of my ability. I will also offer you the following quick pieces of advice;

1. Don't self vote. (there are really no points during a Newbie setup where this is a good idea, please avoid it however logical you may think it is)
2. This site frowns on lying if you are a vanilla town role. I strongly advise against lying if you have this role as usually it will only hurt town in the end.
3. It's a game - have fun.

We are now starting what is known as the RVS (random voting stage). We are in a low information period because scum already know who they are, and even have a rough idea of what power roles may or may not be in the game. It is now town's job to root them out. Because the start of the game leaves us with no information to start with generally the way to start is to begin voting and questioning other people to see if you can catch them doing something scummy (scummy actions being acts that a scum player is more likely to do then a town player).

Vote: Desmond_13
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 9:01 am

Post by copper223 »

Nice playing with you all and let's have fun, this should be a good game!

VOTE: desmond
Percifrax
Percifrax
Townie
Percifrax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Percifrax »

Awesome! We're starting! Thor was quick to catch onto the seemingly random vote for Desmond_13 by Nahdia, so I think I'll go with that.

VOTE: Thor665
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Titus »

This is RVS stage. Thor isn't going to vote himself.

The question would be, if attempting to read into these votes is why did Nahdia and copper not vote Thor?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Reasons.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Percifrax
Percifrax
Townie
Percifrax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by Percifrax »

Wouldn't it be shadier to copy someone's vote? Titus, you voted first so my guess is that your vote was completely random. I bet Nahdia's vote was equally random (probably), but Thor copied Nahdia's vote, making it not as random-looking. This is my first game so I could be wrong, but that seems a bit shady if you ask me, as does Copper catching onto Thor's vote like that.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Titus »

It's RVS. I have gotten a rock solid case out of RVS once in my career. So you are thinking Copper/Thor, push on it. See where it goes. Thor will reply soon.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I disagree, Percifrax. Forming early wagons is usually better than novel votes because it makes for better reactions.

That said, I didn't want to vote Thor. And my vote on Desmond was not entirely random.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Percifrax
Percifrax
Townie
Percifrax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Percifrax »

Hmm you both have really good points there.

I've been thinking about what you said about Nahdia and Copper, Titus, and and I'm confused about one thing. Going by what Nahdia said about wagons, wouldn't it make sense for Copper to jump on the one that Thor started rather than yours (voting for Thor)?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Eh, you can't expect everyone to have the same thought process, even if they may be the same alignment. Also, I probably woulda unvoted if Desmond was suddenly put at L-1 >_>

-Zaphkael, 2020
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 8, Percifrax wrote:Awesome! We're starting! Thor was quick to catch onto the seemingly random vote for Desmond_13 by Nahdia, so I think I'll go with that.
If my vote on Desmond is "bad" that why is Copper's vote on Desmond not as bad?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Basically, why am I scummier than Copper and deserve a vote while he doesn't even deserve a mention?
Algae
Algae
Townie
Algae
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by Algae »

VOTE: Desmond_13
Gonna join the vote someone train.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Post by Charloux »

Intent to hammer, Desmond you better tell a funny joke or i'll lynch you!
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by Charloux »

But seriously guys; Wagons are good and all, but i don't think we should bring people to L-1 in a newbies queue, accidents tend to happen and all.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 18, Algae wrote:VOTE: Desmond_13
Gonna join the vote someone train.
Why is the vote Desomnd train (with three votes) better than the vote Thor train (two votes)?
In post 20, Charloux wrote:But seriously guys; Wagons are good and all, but i don't think we should bring people to L-1 in a newbies queue, accidents tend to happen and all.
So was your hammer intent a joke or no?
If you think wagons are good - why should wagons not go to L-1 in a newbie? Is it only because you think Newbies are likely to speed lynch someone for no reason, whereas other players don't? Because I have a lot of experience to suggest otherwise.

Also, if you don't think we should get him to L-1, what do you think we should do instead? You offered no alternatives.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:57 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 19, Charloux wrote:Intent to hammer, Desmond you better tell a funny joke or i'll lynch you!
I can't see this as anything more than a joke?
And i don't like L-1 in newbies because there MIGHT be a bigger idiot than me who would lynch by accident.
Desmond_13
Desmond_13
Townie
Desmond_13
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:57 am

Post by Desmond_13 »

Wow.

My role is like ice cream, and not of the chocolate persuasion.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 1:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 22, Charloux wrote:
In post 19, Charloux wrote:Intent to hammer, Desmond you better tell a funny joke or i'll lynch you!
I can't see this as anything more than a joke?
And i don't like L-1 in newbies because there MIGHT be a bigger idiot than me who would lynch by accident.
Okay, what do you suggest we do otherwise?
I mean, at some stage obviously you support a big wagon - what's the timeline, and what do we do in the meantime?
In post 23, Desmond_13 wrote:Wow.

My role is like ice cream, and not of the chocolate persuasion.
No one had asked for a claim, and I'll admit I find this one a bit premature.
That said - other than claiming, what do you think of how the day has gone so far?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”