C&C Mafia - DAY ONE (Apparently Abandoned)

cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:20 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

and my claim of madame harrison in 20
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:20 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

you have the right room in the chart but not the post its room 13 that i went to. also can we get a vote count again signor mod?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:25 pm

Post by MeMe »

Well, I'll let you guys keep hashing out the the evening plans...whatever the majority decides is fine with me (unless it's really, really stupid -- in which case I'll tell you so). I'm gonna go ahead and get back to day business, though.

vote: Dasquian
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:03 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Any particular reason MeMe?

In response to Werebear, here's my best guesses:

Faithful spouse goes to faithful spouse -> Mason group is formed
Faithful spouse goes to unfaithful spouse -> Mason group is formed, but the faithful one is kept in the dark about their spouse's two-timing nature
Faithful spouse goes to faithful non-spouse -> Nothing
Faithful spouse goes to unfaithful non-spouse -> Faithful spouse cheats, and is kicked out
Unfaithful spouse goes to faithful spouse -> Mason group is formed, but the faithful one is kept in the dark about their spouse's two-timing nature
Unfaithful spouse goes to unfaithful spouse -> Mafia group is formed
Unfaithful spouse goes to faithful non-spouse -> Faithful non-spouse cheats, and is kicked out
Unfaithful spouse goes to unfaithful non-spouse -> Nothing?

So in conclusion, I don't think mass claiming will help at all since the only thing we'll visibly see and be able to externally prove is faithful/unfaithful non-spouse mixes, which will be controlled by the mafia anyway. I'm leaning towards agreeing to reveal where the women all going, because then if women get kicked out for cheating we at least know which room they were planning on visiting. The ones who get kicked out probably weren't lying either. If there are no better ideas, I think going to 10 away from your room number is as good as any.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:21 pm

Post by Carmine »

Would it be helpful if the men revealed where they went last night and who they found there (and if anything happened)? Of course, the unfaithful ones will lie (though probably be late to lie, so their lies don't conflict with truths...), but it'll put some more information out there that can be confirmed or denied. It will also give us a sort of day's grace, as it's the women's turn tonight.

In all this confusion, I'm becoming more certain that some sort of sharing of information is going to help, not hinder.
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:39 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Yeah, I think organising who's going where without individually stating who you are is a winner - we can at least work out which room the two-timers are in, even if we don't know who they are. Then we just have to identify who is in room <X> and lynch them.

Mainly I just wanted to say... given cuban smoker and ZONEACE's claims, 20 should go to 6, and 16 should go to 10. All the other women should go to 10 less than their room number. If woman 16 dies, we know whoever's in 10 is a bad guy, etc. I can't see this not working :)
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:15 am

Post by Leonidas »

I still prefer cuban smoker's plan - BY FAR.

If woman 16 dies, yeah, man 10 is scum. Only guess what: I don't know who woman 16 is. So it is critical that the wives POST which room they will visit tonight. If one of them dies, then at least the other wives will avoid that room number.

And if one of them lies and declares a room safe without actually visiting it, she can still be caught in the future if another one dies in that room.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:22 am

Post by Phoebus »

Well.
I agree. Cuban Smoker's plan coupled with announcing who's going where sounds pretty sound. (No groaning please!)

We just need consensus on this, though. Don't we?

-P.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:29 am

Post by Dasquian »

Well no, we don't need to say who each woman is at all! We just agree which number will visit which room. If woman 16 dies, you'll know man 10 is a bad guy. This works because you don't need to give the two-timers any more information than which number's going where.

I don't want to have to reveal my gender, room number or name unless I absolutely have to, or until I'm sure it's not going to benefit the mafia like it would in every other game. If we just agree where each of the 9 women left go to tonight, we'll know by the deaths the room of at least one male two-timer, and have not given the mafia any extra information. Surely that's safer, and more entertaining, than a mass role-claim?

The important part is that honest wives will stick to the plan, thus identifying the rooms of two-timers conclusively. We won't be able to draw conclusions about evil women because they'll break from the plan, but we can do that on the men's nights.

So I suggest that 20 goes to 6 (so the Harrisons can be reunited), 16 goes to 10 (to swap with the Harrisons), and 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18 and 19 go to 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8 and 9 respectively.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:31 am

Post by Dourgrim »

As requested, another
Vote Count
(which really isn't all that different from the last one...)

ZONEACE - 2 (Talitha, CB)
Cadmium - 1 (Leonidas)
CB - 1 (Macros)
Fishbulb - 1 (ZONEACE)
CoolBot
(was Macros)
- 2 (DP, Dasquian)
Thoth - 1 (Dirge)
Dasquian - 1 (MeMe)

18 present, 10 to kick someone out.

~marker~
Last edited by Dourgrim on Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:51 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I think you'll find I unvoted ZONEACE and voted Macros.

For the moment I do not see a drawback in the plan to have the women 's visits pre-arranged.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:03 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Of course, if we lynch someone today, there will be another missing.

Which brings up a good point... If we can potentially "solve" this, would it be worth it to follow through with a lynch today?
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:43 am

Post by Werebear »

Well, right now it's useless for the females to announce who they are, since it's not the males looking for them like dogs in heat. Damn men anyways, always thinking with their pants.

I have an interesting question - what happens if 4 men all pick the same room?

oh, and anyone who wants to alter this, just click "quote" on this post, cut and paste it into notepad, change what you want, and paste it into your new post.

[quote="Werebear"]

Code: Select all

MEN
+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+
|Room 1 |Room 2 |Room 3 |Room 4 |Room 5 |Room 6 |Room 7 |Room 8 |Room 9 |Room 10|
|       |       |       |Johnson|       |Harrisn|       |       |       |       |
|       |       |       |*DEAD* |       |Zoneace|       |       |       |       |
+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+
|Room 11|Room 12|Room 13|Room 14|Room 15|Room 16|Room 17|Room 18|Room 19|Room 20|
|       |       |Jones  |Lewis  |       |       |       |       |       |Harrisn|
|       |       |(ZoneA)|*DEAD* |       |       |       |       |       |Cuban  |
WOMEN
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:32 am

Post by MeMe »

Dasquian wrote:Any particular reason MeMe?
Yeah: hunch.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:46 am

Post by ZONEACE »

unvote fishbulb vote no lynch
this seems like what today is leading toward i know i know no lynch doesnt help the town oh well we arent accomplishing anything right now
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:54 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I think we are accomplishing plenty. We are trying to come up with a plan to minimize casualties. Speeding into night will certainly not help us to achieve this.

However, I do see merit in having a no lynch if we can indeed settle on a plan. But this is something we need to discuss, not hastily jump into.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:07 am

Post by ZONEACE »

one person bringing up no lynch for the first time in the game is hardly doing it with haste. also for our plans to work we essentially need to go with no lynch for now so that things are even for our trial run. so thats my suggestion for our day one action.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:09 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Well, I already brought it up several posts ago.
Fishbulb wrote:Of course, if we lynch someone today, there will be another missing.

Which brings up a good point... If we can potentially "solve" this, would it be worth it to follow through with a lynch today?
Now we discuss, not just vote and say we aren't accomplishing anything. We still haven't even settled on a plan.
Dirge
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Dirge
Lost his Marbles
Lost his Marbles

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:22 am

Post by Dirge »

Wow, I was gone for most of the day yesterday and it took me all morning to go through what went on while I was gone.

I think that prearranged visits, e.g. #1 to #11, might give us the most benefit without giving the unfaithful information. Keep in mind that the unfaithful may go along with the plan
if
they are in the dark as well.

What are everyone else’s thoughts on "No-Lynch"? I know that as a rule it's not a good idea for the first day but, does that apply to the unique nature of this game?

As far as suspicions go, I have to admit I am a little wary of those who would seek mass revelations. I'm not sure if they are scum or just excited about the puzzle aspect of this particular game.
[size=75]I wouldn't change a stroke, cause baby I'm the most... - Prince[/size]
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:39 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Orgasmic about puzzle aspect better describes it.

Anywho... Officially in favour of prearrange visits... specifically, the plan that sends me to 6, person in 16 to 10, and the rest to their respective rooms.

On that note... I suggest a no lynch, in order to keep the numbers up. Specifically, this is what voting for someone will do today: bandwagon to claim: claim of name, and possibly room number. Do we believe them? Only if they are contradicted can we not believe them. Even scum won't really have a reason to lie (unless our plan works). Oh well. Repeat.

End result: everyone in turn gets bandwagoned. Oh look, we've all just roleclaimed. Interesting.

IMPORTANT CLAIM: :arrow: CS THEOREM 1: In this game, randomly bandwagoning people is useless. We have only 3 courses of action: no lynch, mass role claim, or committed lynch (lynching a suspected scum).
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:43 am

Post by CoolBot »

That, of course, assumes there are no pro-town abilites such as cop or doc out there. Bandwagoning, then, would hurt the town even more. I think no lynch may be the best thing to do, as much as it grates to say it.

Just to outline the plan so everyone's clear what it is right now:
-If you are in room #16, visit room #10
-Cuban vists room #6
-All other female roles, vists the room ten less than the one you're in.

This way, if a female dies and her room number is
f
, then the person in room
f
-10 is two timing scum. Then, all we need to do is find out who is in room #(
f
-10)

If a female role doesn't die, we'll know some twist is in play and may have some information to figure it out.

If a male role dies, it doesn't tell us anything, because any female two timing scum won't necessarily follow the plan.

Is this pretty much what everyone is thinking?
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:50 am

Post by Dasquian »

Bang on. :)

This is looking more like a consensus, and I'm going to stick my neck out and
vote no lynch
. cuban smoker is exactly right in that all the day one bandwagons can do is force a very, very slow mass role-claim. No-one will lie about their rooms or names all game, and we certainly don't want to out the special roles.

A word of caution: I'm heavily reminded of a 'news game similar to Intrigue Mafia where everyone was a mason (6 groups between 16 players). Of course this all came out on the first day, and the next few days was the mafia running rings round the players suggesting and testing theories like "What if it's symmetric and there's one mafia in each of the four groups, we should lynch <obviously innocent mason>".

I bring this up because I'm very, very sceptical of people who come up with plans like "all we need to do is lynch these <x> people, follow method <y> which involves the mafia co-operating, and we'll know where all the mafia are". There will be twists, make no mistake about it :)
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:18 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Alright, sounds like we can come to an agreement over this plan and the No Lynch. I think this will be our best bet. I will add my vote after the majority has had a chance to voice any dissent.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:26 am

Post by Thoth »

I can agree if there is a majority for this plan, but I think it's very likely that Dourgrim has considered these kind of tactics when he set up the game. From the outset it looks like the game can be broken. Therefore its likely that there are some mechaninsms in place that prevent this.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:33 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I agree, Thoth, but at least this one doesn't necessarily hurt us. Worst-case scenario is we skip our lynch and not learn much; there isn't any helpful information given to scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”