SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:56 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

ortolan wrote:
SP (1529) wrote:Wut? He has like 3 votes or something. I wouldn't call that a wagon per se.

The amount of manipulation people are trying to pull is amazing.
Unvote, Vote: zwet
for being the worst.
Please. "Pulling manipulation" is not a reason to vote someone in this setup. I also don't like you just casually trying to paint zwet and X as cult earlier in your post.
I suppose that's true (the reason to vote comment), but X and zwet are very, very cult in my eyes due to their interactions with Adel the previous day and the way zwet and X are pushing their current favorites. Much like DGB has been the past couple of days.
ortolan wrote:
SP (1542) wrote:Considering Jebus already dropped the ball so to speak, I agree with the sentiment that it is too much pressure. I mean, it is scummy to expect him to find scum, but pretty worthless to actually scum hunt this way since we only have one shot.
Wait why is it scummy to expect Jebus to find scum?
Burden of Proficiency is why it is scummy to
expect
Jebus to find 1 scum out of 16.
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:59 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Eh, I'm not satisfied with my vote. I guess voting cult was a stupid thing to suggest/do.
Unvote
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:36 am

Post by mykonian »

First: I don't expect Jebus to find god. If he doesn't, at least we have had our last shot at lynching god, and then this game changes. If we don't let him determine it, cult will rule the lynch, and we won't lynch god anyway. It is just an extra chance, that we should take. 1/16 are horrible odds though. I don't think anybody can expect Jebus to find god. It would be awesome if he did, though!

Its like a soccer goalkeeper before a penalty. Normally it is a goal. But he is the hero if he saves. Jebus can't lose, he can only win.

Maybe a good idea:

God doesn't kill confirmed nietsche.
God doesn't care about most of the game, except nietsche.
God was inactive at time of the night? and the kill is randomized?

Something that is against this idea: why adel out of all people? She was a bit more likely to be killed because of her play, because she very "strong" player.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:22 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Pie's last post does a good job of pointing out where I change my opinions, but a bad job at actually proving why my opinions are wrong. Your WIFOM analysis behind Double A's idiocy is complete bullshit.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:41 am

Post by ortolan »

ah (1574) wrote:Also, you don't seem to put much focus on Double A until after PiP comes in attacking Alvinz and analysing all players. Also, in the post that you voted him in, it looked like your prime reason was "You never explained why
you're
not god." Which is a horribly bad reason to vote somebody. Show me some evidence.
This is not true. Double A seemed a good candidate for being God before being replaced, so there is the obvious carry-over effect of his predecessor. Plus I didn't like him going into lengthy analysis of every player but with the presumption he wasn't a target somehow. A whole bunch of people immediately say how good his analysis is but don't take into account whether he himself may still be God (suggests cult-rallying). And we have DGB's constant cracks about recruiting him- I suspect an ulterior motive.
PIP (1548) wrote:DGB's post can be interpreted 2-3 ways.

1. I'm directly on the right track (IE- Alvinz is God) and she's trying to WIFOM us off it.

2. I'm not directly on the right track, but I'm close (IE- Zakeri/Indigo is God), and she wants us to believe #1.

3. I'm not even close to being on the right track, but DGB wants to reward me for the effort I put into Godhunting.

Care to tell us which it is DGB? :wink:

I'll analyze al's post later. Time for school.
And I don't like this because it states the obvious while still carrying the presumption he isn't God.
SP (1575) wrote:
ortolan wrote:
SP (1542) wrote:Considering Jebus already dropped the ball so to speak, I agree with the sentiment that it is too much pressure. I mean, it is scummy to expect him to find scum, but pretty worthless to actually scum hunt this way since we only have one shot.
Wait why is it scummy to expect Jebus to find scum?
expect
Jebus to find 1 scum out of 16.
Burden of proficiency has 0% to do with the argument for why Jebus should lead the lynch. Burden of proficiency is an argument that if a good player repeatedly fails to find scum in a game they probably are scum. The argument with Jebus is "he is proven Nietzsche and thus the only confirmed agnostic/town player we have, so if he leads the lynch at least we know it's not scum-drive". They have nothing to do with one another. The reason I quoted that passage to begin with is that I couldn't really make heads nor tails of it.
myk (1577) wrote:1/16 are horrible odds though.
These are the same "objective" odds of finding God regardless of whether Jebus leads the lynch.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:42 am

Post by ortolan »

scum-driven* above
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:42 am

I want MOAR pieispopcorn votes.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I want MOAR pieispopcorn votes.
I can now dig.
Unvote vote Pip
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:23 pm

:-)
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

ortolan wrote:
ah (1574) wrote:Also, you don't seem to put much focus on Double A until after PiP comes in attacking Alvinz and analysing all players. Also, in the post that you voted him in, it looked like your prime reason was "You never explained why
you're
not god." Which is a horribly bad reason to vote somebody. Show me some evidence.
This is not true. Double A seemed a good candidate for being God before being replaced, so there is the obvious carry-over effect of his predecessor.
Which I obviously can't defend very well. However, I do understand how Double A's admittedly scummy behavior is a mark against my record.
ortolan wrote:Plus I didn't like him going into lengthy analysis of every player but with the presumption he wasn't a target somehow.
To begin with, the current wagon was blatantly opportunistic and full of people that I found to be obv-cultists. To make matters worse, I'm a teenager. I have a bedtime. I spent far too much time analyzing other players, to create another lengthy post criticizing the bandwagon at the moment. The moment that the fact that I didn't address the case on me was brought up, I did address it. In addition, an analysis on players whom I don't know the alignment to is completely different to discussion of the case against AA/Me, since I know my own alignment. As a result, they don't belong in the same post, and it feels like if I had addressed them it the same post, it would just clutter the analysis as a result.
ortolan wrote:A whole bunch of people immediately say how good his analysis is but don't take into account whether he himself may still be God (suggests cult-rallying).
... I don't see any of these players saying that I can't be God because I posted a good analysis. Both Tajo and Al were against my lynch before I replaced in. Pacman also hated the zwet case. Also, the cults don't really need to be rallied. The cults can just follow their leaders/fellow cultists at this point.
MafiaSSK wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:I want MOAR pieispopcorn votes.
I can now dig.
Unvote vote Pip
Just like this.

It's the agnostics that need to be rallied at this point, because we're insanely close to being in the minority.

And we have DGB's constant cracks about recruiting him- I suspect an ulterior motive.
ortolan wrote:
PIP (1548) wrote:DGB's post can be interpreted 2-3 ways.

1. I'm directly on the right track (IE- Alvinz is God) and she's trying to WIFOM us off it.

2. I'm not directly on the right track, but I'm close (IE- Zakeri/Indigo is God), and she wants us to believe #1.

3. I'm not even close to being on the right track, but DGB wants to reward me for the effort I put into Godhunting.

Care to tell us which it is DGB? :wink:

I'll analyze al's post later. Time for school.
And I don't like this because it states the obvious while still carrying the presumption he isn't God.
... Yeah, you're right. These options are my personal thoughts on the issue. Since I know my role, and that it isn't God, I didn't include that option when I probably should have. However I fail to see why I shouldn't provide my perspective on a post, even if it's "self-evident" to you.
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

ortolan wrote:
SP (1529) wrote:
I admit I like PIP's analysis in 1543 and I had _exactly_ the same thoughts on DGB: I found her obvious cult-claims almost godlike but this is tempered by knowing she's way, way, way too intelligent not to have killed Jebus for the win, even if she's crazy enough to want to stay in the game despite being able to win instantly.
PIP (1543) wrote:Then Alvinz posts a couple one-liners, jumps onto my wagon, and shows rather obviously (IMO) feigned ignorance about the mechanics of the game ("There's a cult for every god?").
Bear in mind we're dealing with a God who failed to claim the free win. If he's God then I doubt this ignorance would be feigned.
Meh, I'd missed that he replaced into the game before the day ended. However, you continue to assume that the lack of God kill is a result of stupidity, rather than simply missing that Neitzche claimed God. Isn't it possible that alvinz simply wasn't aware of this fact?

BTW- If he is God, it's the other way around Orto. He would know he was the only God, and know the identity of the three CLs. Logicially he would not believe a statement like "There is a God for any cult."
ortolan wrote:You also haven't told us why you yourself aren't God PIP
Due to the difficulty of proving a negative, and the fact that as a replacement I can not provide explanations for the actions of my predecessor with absolute certainty, that is the worst reason to suspect somebody, especially at lylo.
ortolan wrote:
PIP (1566) wrote:1. You claim that AA is ignorant of his powers.
2. You claim that AA knows that he wants Jebus to be killed.
3. There has been a Godkill each night.
For all we know the mod could randomise it.
That is a possiblity, sure. Examining LG's mod meta, he never makes clear whether or not in such a circumstance he would randomize the kill or have there be no kill. (Although he always says YOU, as in the player, will submit the kill. He never states that there will be a kill if not submitted, which seems like something he would bring up if it was the case.) It seems to vary from mod to mod, but I find in my personal epxerience that there being no kill is more common.

In fact, it would be more convenient. As Gurgi would not only have to remove the CLs in the case of God not killing, it would be extremely unlikely that he would have the opposite policy for CLs and God. Therefore, since he was having to randomize the God kills, he would most likely also randomize the cultings. This would not only mean removing God, and members of the cult, it would also mean removing the CLs from the opposing cults from the randomizing process. Extremely inconvenient, to be sure.

And the kill itself- I find it rather unlikely that a randomized kill would just HAPPEN to hit Adel, one of the most talkative and persuasive players in the game at the moment. That looks so much more like an intentional kill to me that it's insane.

Now, this argument is far from definitive. COULD the kills be randomized? Sure. COULD the kill and cult selection utilize different methods if they fail? Sure. I find the latter relatively unlikely, just due to how overcomplicated the system would become. This is all based on how likely we find the modding method, and is therefore useless discussion in nature, since we are not the Mod. I personally find, as a result of the reasons I listed, the method that a kill isn't made more probable. If you don't, then you will not find the argument particularly persuasive. It all depends on information that can not be obtained by the town.
ortolan wrote:DGB's response to PIP, to pretend he is recruitable, as is DGB's interaction with tajo and tajo's suggestions PIP is obvtown.
Why in the world would cultists distance from, much less buddy up to, God on what amounts to lylo? That is utterly illogical. I also notice a curious pattern in some of your accusations, but more on that later.
ortolan wrote:I would like a PIP lynch very, very, very much

Vote: PieIsPopcorn
So, by this vote, you are stating that you find my godhood more likely than that of both Alvinz and Zakeri. And that you feel that obv-cult DGB and zwet would wagon God in a lylo situation.
zwetschenwasser wrote:Pie's last post does a good job of pointing out where I change my opinions, but a bad job at actually proving why my opinions are wrong. Your WIFOM analysis behind Double A's idiocy is complete bullshit.
All defenses are going to include WIFOM, simply because of the fact that I can't show you guys my role PM. (And even that, you could argue, isn't definitive proof of my alignment.) Aside from confirmed-town, it's hard to defend actions without using WIFOM to some degree, especially because of the fact that it's not me that was being attacked. It was somebody that I replaced. I am not that person, and can't read their mind, to be aware of exactly what they were thinking, or their ability at comprehending abilities or role pms that they didn't even have.

(Blargh, I didn't mean to make this two posts. My apologies, guys.)
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Meh.

Unvote, Vote: zwetschenwasser
Is back.
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

alvinz95 wrote:Meh.

Unvote, Vote: zwetschenwasser
Woah, this is extremely revelating, yet disturbing. Either Zwet is not a CL, as I have anticipated for a while now, or Alvinz is not God. Since God knows who the CLs are, they would never bandwagon a CL. Either that, or alvinz is much more incompetant than I thought.

Zwet being a recruit is a definate possibility, but it doesn't explain why cultists (MafiaSSK and potentially orto) chose to follow zwet and vote me, and not vote him. This is very curious.

I'd also think that if alvinz was God, he would at least make an effort to refute the case against him. Because if he's God, he loses. Instead, he's accepting it, like I'd expect a cultist would. The only explanation would be that he believes that the cults have the majority.

This could be elaborate WIFOM, but I'm not seeing that as extremely probable.

If my points are true however, it would mean that God is probably either Indigo or Looker. (Leaning towards the Former) Not certain enough to back off yet, but would definately like some feedback, because I'm extremely tempted to unvote. Before I make my decision, however, I'll examine cultist relations to alvinz, Indigo, and Looker respectively, and potentially do a PBPA of each.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Post by ortolan »

PIP (1584) wrote:... I don't see any of these players saying that I can't be God because I posted a good analysis. Both Tajo and Al were against my lynch before I replaced in. Pacman also hated the zwet case. Also, the cults don't really need to be rallied. The cults can just follow their leaders/fellow cultists at this point.
The fact they've been defending you all along doesn't counter the possibility that you are God and they are cult at all- they would presumably have found an excuse for defending/not voting you regardless.
PIP (1585) wrote:Meh, I'd missed that he replaced into the game before the day ended. However, you continue to assume that the lack of God kill is a result of stupidity, rather than simply missing that Neitzche claimed God. Isn't it possible that alvinz simply wasn't aware of this fact?
I consider missing the claim to qualify as stupidity in this setup, especially if you are God.
PIP (1585) wrote:Due to the difficulty of proving a negative, and the fact that as a replacement I can not provide explanations for the actions of my predecessor with absolute certainty, that is the worst reason to suspect somebody, especially at lylo.
SP said the same thing and this is very misleading- it is clearly not the only reason I suspect you of being God.
PIP (1585) wrote:That is a possiblity, sure. Examining LG's mod meta, he never makes clear whether or not in such a circumstance he would randomize the kill or have there be no kill. (Although he always says YOU, as in the player, will submit the kill. He never states that there will be a kill if not submitted, which seems like something he would bring up if it was the case.) It seems to vary from mod to mod, but I find in my personal epxerience that there being no kill is more common.

In fact, it would be more convenient. As Gurgi would not only have to remove the CLs in the case of God not killing, it would be extremely unlikely that he would have the opposite policy for CLs and God. Therefore, since he was having to randomize the God kills, he would most likely also randomize the cultings. This would not only mean removing God, and members of the cult, it would also mean removing the CLs from the opposing cults from the randomizing process. Extremely inconvenient, to be sure.

And the kill itself- I find it rather unlikely that a randomized kill would just HAPPEN to hit Adel, one of the most talkative and persuasive players in the game at the moment. That looks so much more like an intentional kill to me that it's insane.

Now, this argument is far from definitive. COULD the kills be randomized? Sure. COULD the kill and cult selection utilize different methods if they fail? Sure. I find the latter relatively unlikely, just due to how overcomplicated the system would become. This is all based on how likely we find the modding method, and is therefore useless discussion in nature, since we are not the Mod. I personally find, as a result of the reasons I listed, the method that a kill isn't made more probable. If you don't, then you will not find the argument particularly persuasive. It all depends on information that can not be obtained by the town.
I'm pretty much happy to accept all of this. Which means we're back to God being a moron rather than a lurker not playing properly.
PIP (1585) wrote: Why in the world would cultists distance from, much less buddy up to, God on what amounts to lylo? That is utterly illogical. I also notice a curious pattern in some of your accusations, but more on that later.
They cannot be "distancing from" and "buddying up to" simultaneously. DGB is actually doing neither. She is joking about your win con changing, which implies firstly that you are agnostic presently and secondly that she wants to recruit you. Two layers of WIFOM which I've no doubt she would be smart enough to try to use to conceal the fact you are actually God. In fact without this explanation I don't see her stressing her cult recruity desires so much, as it doesn't otherwise accomplish anything. Please do tell of this pattern in my accusations, I hope this is good.
PIP (1585) wrote:So, by this vote, you are stating that you find my godhood more likely than that of both Alvinz and Zakeri. And that you feel that obv-cult DGB and zwet would wagon God in a lylo situation.
I've not committed myself to anything yet.

@ PIP's 1587, please tell me why zwet is cult leader. I don't recall a convincing case on him (I looked back and I certainly don't see one today- I'm not even sure if one's been attempted ever).
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:29 pm

Post by mykonian »

mykonian wrote:Maybe a good idea:

God doesn't kill confirmed nietsche.
God doesn't care about most of the game, except nietsche.
God was inactive at time of the night? and the kill is randomized?

Something that is against this idea: why adel out of all people? She was a bit more likely to be killed because of her play, because she very "strong" player.
Good idea?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:32 am

Why is pie still alive?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:30 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

SilverPhoenix wrote:Wait why is it scummy to expect Jebus to find scum?
expect
Jebus to find 1 scum out of 16.[/quote]

I have two things to say here.

1.) It's not so much that we expect Jebus to find god, but to follow Jebus in our (most reasonably) last chance to lynch god gives us a higher probability of lynching god than would for all of us to banter and never successfully acquire a lynch.
2.) The burden of proficiency doesn't necessarily apply. We aren't expecting Jebus to find scum because he's such a reputable player. It's being suggested that Jebus directs the lynch, if that's what it comes down to, because he's the only player we know with very close to 100% certainty that we can trust.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:35 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Where are all of the agnostics? Cultists are becoming more and more obviously cultists now (and reasonably so. The game is so near going for cult-only victory, there's not much reason to fight the appearance of being cult, so long as one or two agnostics lurk and don't vote they pretty much win).
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Why is pie still alive?
I agree with this.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Why are you buddying up to me?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm not going to vote PieIsPopcorn, he's going to be so useful tomorrow.

Zwet, on the other hand, isn't cult-worthy. So he might as well die.

unvote, vote: zwet
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:36 pm

AaaaH! Stop spamming us scumhunters!
PieIsPopcorn
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
PieIsPopcorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by PieIsPopcorn »

ortolan wrote:
PIP (1584) wrote:... I don't see any of these players saying that I can't be God because I posted a good analysis. Both Tajo and Al were against my lynch before I replaced in. Pacman also hated the zwet case. Also, the cults don't really need to be rallied. The cults can just follow their leaders/fellow cultists at this point.
The fact they've been defending you all along doesn't counter the possibility that you are God and they are cult at all- they would presumably have found an excuse for defending/not voting you regardless.
Oh no, I wasn't saying that they couldn't be cultists, I was pointing out that the reason why they didn't "consider that I could be God", in your own words, is that they didn't consider the case against me that good in the first place. It wasn't that they didn't feel that I could possibly be god, they just didn't consider it probable when it replaced in, and they didn't consider it anymore probable after my analysis post. That's my take.
ortolan wrote:
PIP (1585) wrote:Meh, I'd missed that he replaced into the game before the day ended. However, you continue to assume that the lack of God kill is a result of stupidity, rather than simply missing that Neitzche claimed God. Isn't it possible that alvinz simply wasn't aware of this fact?
I consider missing the claim to qualify as stupidity in this setup,
Possibly, but I think a quite possible explanation is apathy. As God, you don't need to find the CLs, nor God, which is the main debate throughout the thread. You can rely on your cultist friends to locate Neitzche. As a result, God will quite possibly become apathetic about the game, as a result of the fact that you know the identity of all the roles that are being discussed. As a result, it's quite possible that instead of being alert, and looking very carefully for Neitzche, you would lurk and be apathetic to the game as a whole. This would keep you under the radar until it's too late for the agnostics to fight back, and since you know who you don't want to be lynched (You, and later on, CLs), apathy is a definate possibillity.

ortolan wrote:
PIP (1585) wrote:Due to the difficulty of proving a negative, and the fact that as a replacement I can not provide explanations for the actions of my predecessor with absolute certainty, that is the worst reason to suspect somebody, especially at lylo.
SP said the same thing and this is very misleading- it is clearly not the only reason I suspect you of being God.
I did not state that that was the only reason you were voting me, and if it was, I certainly wouldn't have responded to the rest of your post. However the fact that you seemed to include that as a criticism makes it worthy of refutation. Here is your post with it's full context-
ortolan wrote: I admit I like PIP's analysis in 1543 and I had _exactly_ the same thoughts on DGB: I found her obvious cult-claims almost godlike but this is tempered by knowing she's way, way, way too intelligent not to have killed Jebus for the win, even if she's crazy enough to want to stay in the game despite being able to win instantly.
PIP (1543) wrote:Then Alvinz posts a couple one-liners, jumps onto my wagon, and shows rather obviously (IMO) feigned ignorance about the mechanics of the game ("There's a cult for every god?").
Bear in mind we're dealing with a God who failed to claim the free win. If he's God then I doubt this ignorance would be feigned.

You also haven't told us why you yourself aren't God PIP

PIP (1566) wrote:1. You claim that AA is ignorant of his powers.
2. You claim that AA knows that he wants Jebus to be killed.
3. There has been a Godkill each night.
For all we know the mod could randomise it.

DGB's response to PIP, to pretend he is recruitable, as is DGB's interaction with tajo and tajo's suggestions PIP is obvtown.

I would like a PIP lynch very, very, very much
ortolan wrote:
PIP (1585) wrote:That is a possiblity, sure. Examining LG's mod meta, he never makes clear whether or not in such a circumstance he would randomize the kill or have there be no kill. (Although he always says YOU, as in the player, will submit the kill. He never states that there will be a kill if not submitted, which seems like something he would bring up if it was the case.) It seems to vary from mod to mod, but I find in my personal epxerience that there being no kill is more common.

I'm pretty much happy to accept all of this. Which means we're back to God being a moron rather than a lurker not playing properly.
Or an apathetic lurker. Or a lurker that, in one way or another, missed that Jebus had claimed Neitzche. This is especially possible as there was only one kill yesterday. Although I don't think either of them are god, both HP [leaves] and pacman are a perfect examples of this.
hp [leaves] wrote:
hp [leaves] wrote:
pacman281292 wrote:My internet failed, and I'm having an horrific V/LA (worsened due to huge amounts of homework).

So... is Jebus nietsche or no?
No, he's a cult leader (probably islamic). The real Nietsche must have figured out he was one and killed Jahudo, his first suspect for God.

Or Jebus is totally God.

Vote Jebus
Come on guys, we need him to full claim.
ortolan wrote:
PIP (1585) wrote: Why in the world would cultists distance from, much less buddy up to, God on what amounts to lylo? That is utterly illogical. I also notice a curious pattern in some of your accusations, but more on that later.
They cannot be "distancing from" and "buddying up to" simultaneously.
... That's not what I meant. In my post, I was saying that in your hypothesis, DGB would be "distancing", and tajo would be buddying up, since you find tajo suspect as well, due to his connection with DGB.
ortolan wrote:DGB is actually doing neither. She is joking about your win con changing, which implies firstly that you are agnostic presently and secondly that she wants to recruit you. Two layers of WIFOM which I've no doubt she would be smart enough to try to use to conceal the fact you are actually God. In fact without this explanation I don't see her stressing her cult recruity desires so much, as it doesn't otherwise accomplish anything.
I did use the incorrect term there, I apologize. It was the first one that came to mind that was even close to what DGB would be doing in your scenario. There are alternate reasons for DGB doing what she is that do not result in me or tajo being God.

1. She could be trying to WIFOM how correct I am in my analysis. ("Oh, DGB is saying that I need to be recruited. So I'm probably correct about alvinz! But wait... would she say that if Alvinz is God? So therefore Alvinz is probably not God. But wait...")

2. That other agnostics would actually notice that she was doing this and reach the conclusion that you are reaching.

3. By making these posts "Oh give up, agnostics have lost, you just need to be recruited." She could also be attempting to crush town moral, if she knows that we still have an extremely slim shot at winning.
ortolan wrote:Please do tell of this pattern in my accusations, I hope this is good.
My apologies. I thought I noticed some chainsawing with you and Mask man that after investigation, turns out to be non-existant.
ortolan wrote:
PIP (1585) wrote:So, by this vote, you are stating that you find my godhood more likely than that of both Alvinz and Zakeri. And that you feel that obv-cult DGB and zwet would wagon God in a lylo situation.
I've not committed myself to anything yet.
Then why did you post this with your vote?
ortolan wrote:I would like a PIP lynch very, very, very much
That sounds to me like you would like me to be lynched. Which would mean, that if you were an agnostic, you found me a better candidate than either Zakeri or alvinz. No?
ortolan wrote:@ PIP's 1587, please tell me why zwet is cult leader. I don't recall a convincing case on him (I looked back and I certainly don't see one today- I'm not even sure if one's been attempted ever).
Why would you want to see a convincing case on zwet? We're looking for god, not CLs. And Zwet is, barring utter insanity, not God. I found the fact that MafiaSSK (and potential you), an obvcultist, voting me instead of zwet is interesting. One thing that would explain this is if zwet was a cult leader, and therefore your cult would lose if he was lynched. However between the alvinz vote and a couple of posts by zwet, I'm beginning to wonder if this is the case. At the moment, however, it seems utterly irrelevant orto. We should be looking for God.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:36 am

Fact: Jebus is Nietzsche
Fact: God was an idiot to not NK Nietzsche

People that were/are clueless idiots:
Me (according to some)
PieisPopcorn's predecessor (DoubleA)

Conclusion:
PieisPopcorn is God.

WHY DON'T YOU ALL SEE THIS??
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:32 am

Post by X »

SilverPhoenix wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:More agnostic claims please!
More false claims is like it. Zwet and X are so obvcult.
tajo wrote:i smell some fakeclaims in the last page.
QFT
tajo wrote:double a is not god, the wagon grew too fast and its being pushed by obv cultists
Wut? He has like 3 votes or something. I wouldn't call that a wagon per se.

The amount of manipulation people are trying to pull is amazing.
Unvote, Vote: zwet
for being the worst.
SilverPhoenix is incontrovertibly Cult. There is no other logical conclusion to calling someone obvcult and voting them in the same post.

And actually, I do think that Alvin95 is a likely God. Although I thought Double A was not God, I can't believe that PIP is putting in so much effort to find God and is God. At least we got someone on our side!

I think it's really hilarious how everyone who is attempting to find God is being called Cult. If we who are trying to find God are Cult, then what are the Agnostics doing?
SilverPhoenix wrote:Eh, I'm not satisfied with my vote. I guess voting cult was a stupid thing to suggest/do.
Unvote
Doesn't matter. We already know you're cult.

Mod, prod Jebus, please.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”