ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 12:37 am

Post by ryan »

Interesting, I always thought the term you are looking for was called cutting. (being agressive and just pissing people off to get reactions)
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 12:38 am

Post by Miztef »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28internet%29

there you go. defininition of trolling. I thought it was something completely different, so I'm glad I looked it up :D .

I'm still leaning towards vanDamien being scum over ryan. It's possible they are both scum too.

I'd also like to clear up post 218... what exactly do you mean, ryan? Were you under the impression trolling meant lurking in that post?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 12:41 am

Post by Patrick »

True that's trolling normally but in mafia it doesn't really mean posting personally offensive comments, but looking for reactions by pushing hard, often for little reason.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 12:44 am

Post by ryan »

Miztef wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28internet%29

there you go. defininition of trolling. I thought it was something completely different, so I'm glad I looked it up :D .

I'm still leaning towards vanDamien being scum over ryan. It's possible they are both scum too.

I'd also like to clear up post 218... what exactly do you mean, ryan? Were you under the impression trolling meant lurking in that post?
I always thought trolling, cutting and lurking were three similar but different things, guess I learned some new terms today :D
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 1:04 am

Post by Miztef »

fair enough. I think we've discussed this issue enough though, we should move on be better things (we are already on page 10 and no one is very close to a lynch :shock: )

I'm gonna go right out and say who I'm not happy with lynching today:

Myself (duh)
Lawrencelot
Sarcastro
Guardian
Illumina

I have no reason to see any of these players as especially scummy, and many of them have contributed in pro-town ways.

VanDamien's claim is making me nervous about voting him, so I'll just keep a FOS on him.

ryan has some "Trolling" issues and posts with little content.

Eteocles/nightfall/emptyger all haven't posted enough content for my liking and what they have posted is not particularly helpful. (I did like nightfall's list though)

Patrick has posted some useful content and I'm not gonna go after him with a pitchfork, but it's not extrodinarly pro-town to me.

Pheobus has been a hassle for a while now, and although he explained himself well, I've still got my eye on him.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 1:07 am

Post by Miztef »

wording in the above post is a bit wrong. The first small list is people I am unhappy to vote for, and the sentence underneath that list is a comment on it. The rest of the people I am still suspicious of.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 1:15 am

Post by ryan »

Interesting post there because as of post #219 you had no problems with my posts or content (in fact you said that votes on me were puzzling to you) but now all of a sudden I'm being put into question? Explain your reasoning there.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 2:19 am

Post by Guardian »

I might as well respond to
unvote vote Patrick
's question about what I find protown about Eteocles: at least near the beginning of the game, he actively sought out scum, and did nothing particularly scummy; it's not that I find him definitely pro town per se, but that I find him more pro town than
Nightfall thought him to be
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 3:09 am

Post by Miztef »

ryan wrote:Interesting post there because as of post #219 you had no problems with my posts or content (in fact you said that votes on me were puzzling to you) but now all of a sudden I'm being put into question? Explain your reasoning there.
True, but I'm not condemning you or anything, I'd just be willing to lynch you if it comes to that. I'm not going to vote you right now, but you are definately not safe for me.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 3:15 am

Post by ryan »

I would tend to say the same about you now as well. I find it very suspicious how 14 posts later you can call me "not safe" but earlier have no problem with me. Sounds like maybe your cohorts got to ya and told you to switch a vote.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Unvote, Vote: ryan

After a bit of a re-read, I've decided that I'd rather not lynch Guardian. The only really scummy thing he did was near the beginning (the whole Miztef issue). Since then, he's looked much more pro-town.

Ryan, on the other hand, just keeps getting scummier. I've already illustrated my main issue with him several times, and his recent posts don't do anything to change my mind. Broad insinuations that people who suspect you are scummy aren't helpful to the town. In addition, he
still
hasn't posted anything that makes me think he's actually looking for scum. Ryan,
who do you think are scum
?

He's still got his random vote for Patrick on. He never actually says anything about who he's suspicious of in his posts. Almost all of his posts include questions, which are not inherently scummy, but they're a good way to look like you're contributing without actually giving an opinion.

Also,
FoS: Eteocles
for some of the same things. On the whole, he feels a lot more honest than Ryan, so I'm more inclined to think he's town, but he really needs to stop lurking and contribute more.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 7:09 am

Post by Illumina »

Nothing substantial at this point, but here are my observations:

-Ryan's behavior fits for a relatively new player, but he's worth keeping an eye on nonetheless. Likewise for Mitzef, really, although he seems a tad eager to go with the flow and acquiesce to common opinion (I also didn't like his most likely to be lynched list). Again, not necessarily scummy, just worth noting.

-My opinion on Phoebus hasn't changed very much. His logic just hasn't seemed pro-town, but he's been awfully bold and forthright for scum. More data needed...

-I do feel that the spat between ryan and Sarcastro may possibly be staged, something to keep in mind (although I can definitely see a regular pro-town argument as well).

-I'd be interested to know why VanDamien thinks those two pairs are likely scum.

I'll be driving back home for the summer tomorrow, so I can't guarantee any posting for 3-4 days but chances are I'll have access to internet of some sort. Good luck, guys.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 7:36 am

Post by Patrick »

I think I will reread this one tonight, but I've been getting some odd vibes from Van Damien.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:05 am

Post by VanDamien »

Illumina wrote:-I'd be interested to know why VanDamien thinks those two pairs are likely scum.
As I said, I don't think either pair is, but possibly one from each pair. At the time I wrote that post, it was reading to me that each discussion that had sprung up around those two had nothing to do with scumhunting exactly, but more to do with posting rates, and contributing, and annoyances, and such.

However, as my vote indicated, I found ryan's posts to be the scummiest of the four, and since then he's only reinforced that feeling with more attacks and contentless posts.

Of the first pair, I'm beginning to think that perhaps I'm wrong. Focusing on just phoebus's posts, it seems possible the crazy attack based on annoyance was launched for the sole purpose of getting reactions to use for scumhunting. With guardian, for now I'm fairly secure he's not scum, for reasons mentioned earlier, expounding further on them will not help us out at all if I am correct.
Fnord is the whole donut.
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Miztef »

ryan wrote:I would tend to say the same about you now as well. I find it very suspicious how 14 posts later you can call me "not safe" but earlier have no problem with me. Sounds like maybe your cohorts got to ya and told you to switch a vote.
I'm growing more suspicious of ryan.
Miztef wrote:After re-examining my thoughts on phoebus, I think it would be wrong to lynch him today. The only real motive to lynch him is his bad reason to lynch guardian, and that in itself is not very scummy. His latest posts have been clear and precise, the opposite of what I'd expect from a scum defence. I may not like his way of playing, but I think I was premature to want to lynch him.
Unvote

I don't really like the votes on Ryan.
I don't understand the arguement against him and I haven't picked up anything very scummy from him.

I did notice, however, that VanDamien was the first player to solidly place his vote on ryan, after the suspicions were brought up. I don't like VanDamien's reasoning behind his Ryan vote and feel that it is opprotunistic.
FoS: VanDamien
In my post that stated I did not like the votes on ryan and I was confused about the reasoning behind voting him. I have never had him out of suspicion in the game though.

Miztef wrote:Yay, people don't want to hang me. *parties*

I agree with almost all of nightfall's opinions.
Ryan and eteocles aren't really on my "Hang as quickly as possible" list, but if I listed everyone in order of most to least scummy, they would be in the top 5.

I am very happy with the idea that lawrencelot is town, I also like Illumina and sacastro as pro-town. Guardian I'm really uncertain about, but he is not my lynch vote for today.
^Notice, I was suspicious of ryan

I did not find ryan the most scummy at the time, but now I do. So,
Vote: ryan
it is.

@ryan: I did not switch my vote to you, so your last sentence doesn't even make sense to me.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:29 am

Post by ryan »

Unvote/Vote Miztef

Just found it too suspicious that in one post (#219) he called me non scummy and than 10 posts later he says I'm most likely scum. Since I know I'm not scum, I find that to be posted because somebody on his mafia team thought it would be a good idea to get rid of me.

As for you Sarcastro, you seem to be the one trying to get a bandwagon started on me, so I'll keep my eye on your scummy ass and not find one problem switching my vote to you because I feel you and Mitzef are in together and doing a darn fine job of starting bandwagons on the rest of us townies.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:32 am

Post by ryan »

And as I was re-reading the thread Miztef comes after me right after Sarcastro throws a bandwagon vote my way, proving that both of these two are definetly in together looking to lynch the townies and keep their mafia ways going
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Miztef »

That is OMGUS in the purest form. Maybe you aren't scum, but that definately wouldn't prove I'm scum by you not being scum. I
just
explained my reasoning for saying you were not scummy! I said "not
very
scummy" and I only meant that as I'm not willing to vote you yet, not "Oh he's really pro-town".
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 10:39 am

Post by ryan »

Ya just stated you didn't think I was scummy but now you do and all of sudden after Sarcastro posts that I'm scummy you stuck up earlier and said I wasn't and now all of a sudden you've jumped on the bandwagon, so tell me I suck or whatever you choose.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

ryan wrote:And as I was re-reading the thread Miztef comes after me right after Sarcastro throws a bandwagon vote my way, proving that both of these two are definetly in together looking to lynch the townies and keep their mafia ways going
Ryan, do you even believe what you're saying? First of all, my vote was very clearly not a bandwagon vote - it was the second vote, as far as I can tell, and I've been calling you scummy for quite some time. Second, why are you jumping to bizarre conclusions? Miztef and I voted you, so we're scum? If you're going to OMGUS vote us, at least try to
pretend
you have a good reason.

I'm entirely satisfied with my vote.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 1:59 pm

Post by ryan »

I made the statement that is looked fishy with both of you suddenly jumping on me. Nothing more nothing less
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 9:10 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Alright, ryan is acting more and more defensive now, but that's logical with more and more votes on him. I still won't vote ryan, as the only posts that could be seen scummy to me are his latest votes, but he has been under pressure lately. The main reason why I would vote ryan if I would vote him, is because he's acting very defensive and accusing players who voted him (like saying sarcastro and miztef are scum partners).

I am keeping my vote on phoebus, but if we would come close to a lynch on any of these people I think I might change my vote: (Phoebus), ryan, VanDamien, EmpTyger if he wouldn't post.

People who I won't vote for when their close to a lynch (unless they do something obviously scummy): Miztef, Sarcastro, Guardian. About the others I don't know yet.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

My good reason for not posting were 30 typed pages on Greek funerary epigraphy and the deification of Caligula; some handwritten pages about Cicero’s house, Veiian expansion, and traditional themes of Augustan art and architecture; and if that’s not enough explanation I can direct you to my facebook relationship status. Bona causa, vero?

Nota bene: I’ve done a full readthrough, but not a complete analysis. I will probably find more to supplement this with, but it is a start.

[Et de lingua latine: I considered trying to post entirely in Latin pro ludo et pro flavore. Being a Classics major, I figured I could use the practice, and was wondering if, given the theme, there were any other interested Classics scholars present.]

Phoebus:
I saw only one reason to vote Guardian at the beginning: he immediately wanted to lynch Miztef at the powerrole/antitown dichotomy. I felt your rationales for pressing the case were incredibly bad. And I really don’t like the assumptions he’s making about the game setup. Most suspicious to me.
Vote: Phoebus
. Not really for any reasons that haven’t already been mentioned. I don’t like the lapses in logic you are insisting on.

Miztef:
Illumina seemed most rational on the first readthrough. To the point where I’m *really* curious why you put Illumina in the “possible lynches” in [150]. I also heard once that summarized arguments between 2 other players, like Miztef’s [96].

Eteocles:
You seem to make a slightly huge deal about little things, yet avoid weighing in on larger debates. Not sure what to do with this just yet, but this is want to consider the most on my next readthrough.

Patrick:
I really don’t like how you seemed to be arguing against Phoebus while leaving your vote on Guardian. I could easily see you as Phoebus’s partner. Something I need to look more into on my next readthrough.

Lawrencelot:
You seemed overly eager to establish himself as a vanilla.

Sarcastro:
Sarcastro [139] wrote:<snip>As for Phoebus, I find his initial comments about Guardian more scummy than his current admission that he wants to lynch Guardian because of his restriction. I certainly don't think such an opinion is very good play, but I don't honestly find it especially scummy. I still find Guardian and Ryan scummier than Phoebus.
Okay about ryan, but why Guardian?
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2007 1:08 am

Post by Miztef »

EmpTyger wrote:
Miztef:
Illumina seemed most rational on the first readthrough. To the point where I’m *really* curious why you put Illumina in the “possible lynches” in [150]. I also heard once that summarized arguments between 2 other players, like Miztef’s [96].
First, welcome back, I really like your post and you get some +pro-town points from me.

As to the question: I actually didn't feel too crazy about voting Illumina myself, however, that list was for who I thought is likely to be lynched. I saw phoebus's post 142 and decided it was
possible
he could convince the town to lynch Illumina. I was also a bit iffy on Illumina at the time, as her post count was not as high as I would prefer. When typing the post, she was actually in the neutral section at first, but after re-reading a bunch of posts to help me decide where players should go, I moved her to possible lynches.

I hope that answers it.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2007 5:19 am

Post by Guardian »

EmpTyger, welcome to the game, I love the stuff your studying especially classical architecture, that's awesome; I mainly still feel
unvote vote ryan
and Phoebus to be scummy, though I feel that Phoebus
might just be legitimately annoyed
with me and not scum :\.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”