Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Election Count

Yosarian2 (2) - dramonic, Netopalis
RayFrost (1) - DocPotter
Dr Pepper (1) - CryMeARiver
Gayle (1) - RayFrost

Not Voting (19) - Netlava, ortolan, Dr. Pepper, vikingfan, Archon Kamigawa, Yosarian2, raider8169, Socrates, Gayle, pwnman, Bogre, danakillsu, tatetothetot, Elscouta, TheLonging, The1fifi, animorpherv1, ZEEnon, hp [leaves]

*No Lynch votes will not count in this phase
Last edited by LlamaFluff on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

tatetothetot wrote:For starters, I don't like Yos' post. Most of that is fairly standard stuff and doesn't seem necessary to post. I can only assume it was done because he wanted to seem more pro town to gain votes. Not something I can go off of right now, but I will not be voting for Yos to receive the double vote.

Seeing as what we are going for here is to find at least one unanimous person that we can consider town, I suggest we don't random vote it. I don't know very many people on the player list but for those of you who do know, please don't go off meta. If anything, a good player is not who should receive the vote because a good scum player with a double vote does not balance out a good town player with a double vote, imo.

Thoughts so far?
Meta and random are the only choices right now...I will act later on the info we gain in these 5 days
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Oh the four people killed pre-game gave me their votes. Sweet!

Since it's inevitable that I will get who I want to have the double voting power due to my total of five votes now we should either choose Netopalis or tatetothetot to have the double vote, assuming you don't want to give me another vote. Thanks!

Vote: tatetothetot

p.s. i'm joking about the five votes.
tatetothetot
tatetothetot
Goon
tatetothetot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by tatetothetot »

CryMeARiver wrote:
Meta and random are the only choices right now...I will act later on the info we gain in these 5 days
I understand which is why no one should vote right off. We should have a brief "town" hunt rather then scum hunt.

ZEEnon wrote:Since it's inevitable that I will get who I want to have the double voting power due to my total of five votes now we should either choose Netopalis or tatetothetot to have the double vote, assuming you don't want to give me another vote.
Why me or Neto?
And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Personally, I think that this vote should go to the player who has, in the past, shown the best history of play on the site. To that end, I voted for Yos. Sure, it's possible that he's scum, but it's possible that he's not as well, and it's just as damaging in the hands of stupid scum as it is in the hands of experienced scum.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

You, mainly because of this:
tatetothetot wrote:For starters, I don't like Yos' post. Most of that is fairly standard stuff and doesn't seem necessary to post. I can only assume it was done because he wanted to seem more pro town to gain votes. Not something I can go off of right now, but I will not be voting for Yos to receive the double vote.
Due to the fact that you had the exact same mindset while reading that post of his.

Netopalis is of a different nature. I just think he's town can't say why. You are the better choice as of right now.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by DocPotter »

I kinda agree woth Neto.

My opinion is that anyone that I think I can sucessfully place in a town or scum catagory in the few days we have for this election, I wouldn't trust with the dbl vote. That includes people I haven't played many/any games with and thus don't know well.

I also suggest that everyone change their will in the last day of the election. Make sure that the first recipient isn't someone they tried to elect.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
pwnman
pwnman
Goon
pwnman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by pwnman »

Elect: Yos
Show
Mafia RULES!!!!
As Mafia- 1-0
As Town- 1-2
As 3rd Party- 0-0
May have LA until March
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Why Pwnman?
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Netlava »

Vote: Yosarian2

Meta mostly.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

tatetothetot wrote:For starters, I don't like Yos' post. Most of that is fairly standard stuff and doesn't seem necessary to post.
If you're in an unconventional game with unusual rules, the first thing you want to do is to figure out the correct stratagy. What out of that post I made was "standard stuff" that you already knew? Because that was stuff I all had to figure out myself as I made that post, read the rules, and tried to figure out their implications.
I can only assume it was done because he wanted to seem more pro town to gain votes.
And this is really terrible, especally since the POINT of my post was that NO ONE should be given too many votes at this point, including me.

Not something I can go off of right now, but I will not be voting for Yos to receive the double vote.
(shrug) This whole post of yours seems like a blatent attempt to plant paranoia in people's minds here, and I don't trust it.
I don't know very many people on the player list but for those of you who do know, please don't go off meta. If anything, a good player is not who should receive the vote because a good scum player with a double vote does not balance out a good town player with a double vote, imo.
So, what? Your theory is that it's better to give the double vote to a "bad" player? You do realize that a bad player with a double vote, even if they're town, is likely to make a serious "Opps, was that a hammer" type mistake, right?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

CryMeARiver wrote: Yeah, but I have yet to see a scum faction in any game over 4 people...if there is 6 or 7 as you say, I would think ti would be spread out over 2 factions, don't ya think?
Oh, there could be 2 factions, but that might make it even worse; two nightkills a night means bodies stack up faster.

Either way, I don't think it's a good idea for everyone to give all their votes to one person.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Agreed on the last point. We should probably diversify our wills after this election phase. As it is set right now, I'd imagine that a lot of them would end up going towards the same group of people.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by RayFrost »

LlamaFluff in the rules wrote: [05] It is not required, but you may update your list at any time you are alive
You can update your lists now, guys.
don't you feel silly now?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Yeah, but we shouldn't until the identity of the second vote player is ascertained.

pwnman
pwnman
Goon
pwnman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by pwnman »

Netopalis wrote:Why Pwnman?
I've seen some of his past games and from what others are saying about him, he seems to be the best choice.
Show
Mafia RULES!!!!
As Mafia- 1-0
As Town- 1-2
As 3rd Party- 0-0
May have LA until March
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Fair enough, but please be sure to include reasoning in the same post as your vote in the future. It makes it easier to analyze the game that way.

Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Gayle »

Strategy discussion, huh? This is going to be a boring five days. Strategy discussion in this setup is pointless because it boils down to "Be careful or we could lose!". Yos's "strategy discussion" is essentially telling people what they already know if they have any sense. Claiming that what he posted required careful study of the setup is nonsense. As previously made evident, I didn't even read the rules all that carefully, and nothing in his post was particularly enlightening.

FoS: Yos
Because I can't bandwagon him.

Vote: RayFrost

RayFrost is a school boy in Japan and Japan's educational system is better than yours. Like everyone in Japan, RayFrost also knows deadly karate. Smart + Deadly = Someone we can depend on.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Netopalis »

How can you know whether or not his post was valid if you didn't read the rules carefully? Perhaps there is some hidden nuance that you're not aware of?

Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Gayle »

Netopalis wrote:How can you know whether or not his post was valid if you didn't read the rules carefully? Perhaps there is some hidden nuance that you're not aware of?
Because what he said amounts to "Be careful with your wills!" and "Be careful with your votes!"

Also, that was a frighteningly quick reply.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I am ten ninjas!

ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Less voting Yosarian2 for being smart and more voting tatetothetot for being town please.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by RayFrost »

ZEEnon wrote:Less voting Yosarian2 for being smart and more voting tatetothetot for being town please.
ZEE! Glad to see you stopped that annoying posting style of making everything you type blue! (not that you have a choice here :wink: )

Srsly, tho, how is tate town?

how is giving (hypothetically stupid relatively) town a double vote superior to giving intelligent potential-town a double vote?
don't you feel silly now?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Agreed. You've not explained why Tatetothetot is town, and it's certainly not obvious from his posts.

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Socrates »

Mayor Mafia had a very similar day 1 election mechanic as what is going on in right now, as well as a mechanic for naming heirs for the double vote (though only for the mayor position, so not as big a deal).

While the election is a smaller deal in this game (a double voter is a lot stronger with 12 people than 24), it might be a good idea to at least take a glance at day 1.

The simple version of my philosophy: Townies shouldn't shy away from trying to get elected, You should give your vote to your stongest town reads and nobody else, and the people voting Yos for being a good player have a higher than average chance of being scum (Neto and Dramonic, I believe?).

Not entirely unrelatedly, Tate's comment about Yos makes my blood boil.

Good day.

(This message brought to you by the Get Socrates Elected commitee. Vote Socrates!)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”