Newbie 499 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Snailman8 »

hmm so I see, fair enough
I find Snailman's vote/unvote quite strange actually. With his actual vote he says he's eager to get things out of random voting. Which I took as one of the reasons he put a second vote on someone.
Just because I wanted to get random voting out of the way, doesnt mean I wont participate in it :P
my thought process for voting for Fonz went somthing like this:

"Wow that guys name is The Fonz!"

and thats about it.
It concerns me that you didn't know you were putting me at L-2, since the previous vote on me was right before yours, and it says very clearly at the top that it is four to lynch. (Also, I don't find L-2 in a newb scummy at all- check out my previous newbie games, I do it all the time just to get things moving. Therefore, I find the retraction, based on the fear it might make you look scummy, much worse than the actual action).
Wow, thats alot more thought than I put into that. And its really making me worried. as I said above there was a very limited amount of mental ability got put into making that vote against you Fonz, simply because it was early days. The brain slowly started to churn over and I finaly realised that you were L-2, the unvote was because i was worried that someone might jump on it (post 19)

however it does bring a couple of suspicions up about the way you jumped on that one Fonz

For over analizing:
FoS: Fonz
~~Who are you to wave your FoS?~~
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:29 am

Post by The Fonz »

Snailman8 wrote:
however it does bring a couple of suspicions up about the way you jumped on that one Fonz

For over analizing:
Of course I jumped on it. We were in the random stage up until that point, and I thought it was something concrete, if small, to go on. Perpetual random stage favours scum. Vote stands.
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:46 am

Post by Snailman8 »

Perpetual random stage favours scum. Vote stands.
Did you read my first post??

Is anyone else getting mixed vibes here?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yes. There's no-one keener than me to get out of the random stage. I hate it. Hence jumping on the first semi-scummy thing I see. Your subsequent actions give me no reason to regret that.
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Snailman8 »

Your subsequent actions give me no reason to regret that.
WTF?

Care to elaborate?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by populartajo »

How in a million goddamned years is that an OMGUS vote?
ok, The Fonz, u are being extremely overdefensive. Weyouns LastClone didnt say it was an 0MGUS vote, he said it was a kinda one...this is a little suspicious to me... on the other hand, reading the last comments i have to say that im extremely confused with the reaction of the people here. Some people are still lurking and not contributing at all. Mod, can we have a prod in this inactive people?... Snailman is a little suspicious as well, i dont know why, but just something in this snail-fonz conversation doesnt smell right.

I have my vote on you, Fonz, and i think im not wrong. do u have something to say?

oh and BTW
FOS:Snailman8
1nf3rn0
1nf3rn0
Townie
1nf3rn0
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:22 pm

Post by 1nf3rn0 »

FoS Snailman8

The whole vote/unvote thing does seem a bit suspicious, and I don't think the "I didn't realize I put you on L-2 Fonz" reason for withdrawing your vote is believable at all.
Welcome to the Internet. Where boys are boys, boys are men, and 14 year old girls are the FBI.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:44 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

The Fonz, I think you're a bit overreacting.

And IH and XenCobra, what do you think of this The Fonz/Snailman thing? Does it make one of the two suspicious, or is it an overblown first day thing?

I think I find Snailman's behavior a bit more strange than Fonz' reaction. Although Fonz' cursing was uncalled for, and could be seen as an overdefensive scum.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Snailman8 »

Im still here, dont panic,

Im seeing some interesting things happening in here now, just cos I can, here are my current thoughts:

populartajo:

Seems pretty clean to me, and sound simply like an eager pro-town player

WeyounsLastClone:

His posts make sence and are constructive, sounds pretty pro-town

Inferno:

After his last post, Im now suspicious. Usually I'd be willing to give a lurker the benefit of the doubt, simply because we dont know enough about him. His latest (and only second post) sees him simply repeat the Fonz's accusations of myself
possible link?
I'm leaning skum.

Fonz:

Im still waiting for his reply on why he though my actions appeared to be scummy. As I said above (post 25) Im suspicious of him, however Im still not sure if hes just an aggressive townie or not.

as for IH and XenCobra:

Im not too sure, they hevent really posted enough substance for me to say anything yet. Neutral

and with the other hand

FoS: Inferno
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by populartajo »

Lets contribute with something, before I go to my Halloween party... XD

im totally with Snailman8 and WLC. they both have solid points. However im still waiting for the Fonz response and the opinion of IH, Xencobra and Inferno. Time will tell.

Until The Fonz gives a solid argument why he shouldnt be considered scum and just an agrresive townie, ill keep my vote on him.

BTW, shouldnt we ask the mod for a prod on these lurking guys, is it too early for asking somehting like that? shouldnt we probably put some pressure on these guys? they could be scum and roight now laughing at our faces...
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

yes I was thinking the same thing Populartajo. I've decided that after last time, I'm not gonna be so gung ho with my vote.. Last thing we want to do is give the scum the opporunity to hammer some suspicious looking townie. Ill just keep pointing the FoS's.

So I'm just going to save my vote for the time being. Just until I see something from the the four you mentioned. Talk is good for the Town

and your right
Mod, can we have a world famous Mod Prod on IH and Xencobra please?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:12 am

Post by JDodge »

Vote Count:

Snailman8 - 2 (WeyounsLastClone, The Fonz)
XenCobra - 1 (1nf3rno)
The Fonz - 1 (populartajo)
IH - 1 (XenCobra)

Not voting (2): Snailman8, IH

4 to lynch.

Prodding IH and XenCobra.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

Ok I can see this going downhill unless some of these guys start posting shortly, so in the interest of keeping the game moving, can you guys who are waching regularly post your thoughts on each of the characters?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by populartajo »

ok, i think this will be interesting to write...

populartajo: eager pro-town player... i liked that

WeyounsLastClone: i agree with snailman here. His posts sound pretty pro-town

Inferno: i really dont know. simply there are not enough Inferno's posts for an interesting assumption

Fonz: ok, i might be a bit harsh with him, but how strange is that after posting every day, this guy suddenly stops doing it just because the suspicions raised on him? i smell scum here.
however he might be a bored townie.. think twice before posting ur next answer boy.

IH : makes a copy paste post and suddenly dissapears. waiting for the prod anwer.

XenCobra: i had a little talk with him but sadly this guy also vanished like a ghost. not too much to say, then... where the hell are u people!!

Snailman8: suddenly this guy starts sounding protown after an strange beginning of the game. hes still suspicious to me but he has become a nice and participative player. he doenst stop confusing me lol
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:59 am

I'm inclined to put a pressure vote on XenCobra or IH, but I guess I'll wait to see if they pick up their prods.

I find IH's behavior a bit strange (as far as you can call it behavior after one post). He posts some helpful points, where he seems interested in helping everyone, just to disappear and say nothing else at all.

Basically we need more input.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:55 am

Post by IH »

Here here, let me look through the thread and I'll post something.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:03 am

Post by IH »

PopularTajo wrote:another thing bugging me, is the (until now) extense cooperation of Xencobra, i mean if you are town u arent just helping us dude.. lets talk people ok?
ill keep my vote until someone gets more suspicious, but for now i want to hear what others have to say
Vote:Tajo

Small scumtell attempting to look town by berating someone for not posting enough halfway through the first page.

Notice Snailman attacking Fonz for overanalyzing, but leaves Tajo out.
FoS:Snailman

I think if Snailman is scum, then Fonz is his buddy. Indicators include the vote and unvote on page 1, and attacking fonz and leaving out Tajo.

If and only if however.

I feel good with a Tajo vote so far.
Snailman wrote:Inferno:

After his last post, Im now suspicious. Usually I'd be willing to give a lurker the benefit of the doubt, simply because we dont know enough about him. His latest (and only second post) sees him simply repeat the Fonz's accusations of myself possible link? I'm leaning skum
I agree with this as well.
FoS:Inferno

Sorry it took so long for me to post guys, my life suddenly got cranked into overdrive the last couple of days and such. I'll probably be posting more, especially when things slow down at work.
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

PopularTajo wrote:
another thing bugging me, is the (until now) extense cooperation of Xencobra, i mean if you are town u arent just helping us dude.. lets talk people ok?
ill keep my vote until someone gets more suspicious, but for now i want to hear what others have to say

Vote:Tajo

Small scumtell attempting to look town by berating someone for not posting enough halfway through the first page.

Notice Snailman attacking Fonz for overanalyzing, but leaves Tajo out. FoS:Snailman
Im really not too concerned about that post of Tajo's simply bacause it seems to fit in perfectly with the rest of Tajo's persona for that whole page. We see him (post 9) asking if the game is supossed to be slow or not. I think the how actualy slow the game is diddnt sink straight away. Tajo seems a bit bamboozled for the majority of that first page :P

As for not picking up on it, well it didnt seem too much of an issue early game. Your the IC tho, so I could be wrong. In the long run I do agree on Tajo's statement, lurkers dont help much.

I picked up on Fonz's one moreso because I was defending own statements in doing so and simply because he was overanalyzing.

BTW, Good to hear from you IH! :wink:

ps can someone tell me how to do the "whatshisname wrote:" thing?
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by IH »

Ok I disabled code in this post so you could see it.

It's [quote="playername"]Words go here[/quote]

Also, I find Tajo's play to be overactive newbie scum atm.

I find The Fonz's play to be consistent with his analyzing style and grab hold of things.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:23 am

Post by populartajo »

IH wrote: Also, I find Tajo's play to be overactive newbie scum atm
What?? Overeactive? I mean i dont know if i have a playstyle yet becuase its my first game, but come on, the only think i was doing was trying to get people to talk. Is it considered scummy to try to get as many opinions as we need for revealing possible suspicious roles??

Why are u attacking me this way? Something isnt right here.
FoS:IH

And i would really like to know where The Fonz is. Every day that goes by I find him more and more suspicious. I find it quite strange that after The Fonz dissapears IH comes back to the game, starts attacking me and then he posts this:
IH wrote: I find The Fonz's play to be consistent with his analyzing style and grab hold of things
Even after many of the protown players think that The Fonz reaction is a little suspicious. Interesting. Finally this game is starting to be fun.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:38 am

Wow, Tajo, calm down a bit. It's just IH's opinion. You do come across as a bit overactive. Not saying that's bad, or makes you scum, but you were and are really eager to post. Now, I'm glad by that because it got some things going, but I can also understand why IH find it a bit suspicious.

I don't know The Fonz' general playstyle, but it could be IH was in a previous game with The Fonz, and concludes from that.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:41 am

Post by IH »

Tajo wrote:What?? Overeactive? I mean i dont know if i have a playstyle yet becuase its my first game, but come on, the only think i was doing was trying to get people to talk. Is it considered scummy to try to get as many opinions as we need for revealing possible suspicious roles??

Why are u attacking me this way? Something isnt right here. FoS:IH
See this is over reactive. I also like how that was an OMGUS FoS.
Tajo wrote:Even after many of the protown players think that The Fonz reaction is a little suspicious. Interesting. Finally this game is starting to be fun.
So I'm not agreeing with the majority of players. Yes.

First of all, I'm glad I've got my vote where it's at because of how you seem to be impyling something here, but not come out and say it. Kind of riding the fence.

Second of all, if you're implying what I think you are, how does the majority of players thinking it, make it right? Why would scum go against the majority? Wouldn't they just go with it? This doesn't clear me, but it should open up your view to others who are just agreeing.

Third, who do you consider protown? Why do you consider them protown? Give me posts and quotes of why you think so.
I think I hereby dub this logical fallacy as Appeal to Majority. <.<; I should make a wiki page.
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:50 am

Post by Snailman8 »

Awesome! the game finaly speeds up!
IH wrote: Tajo wrote:
What?? Overeactive? I mean i dont know if i have a playstyle yet becuase its my first game, but come on, the only think i was doing was trying to get people to talk. Is it considered scummy to try to get as many opinions as we need for revealing possible suspicious roles??

See this is over reactive. I also like how that was an OMGUS FoS.

That made me lol. Irrelevant I know but worthy of being pointed out.

People I consider protown:

WeyounsLastClone

Im not sure why too much, his style seems consistant throughout the game, all of his posts except for his first (but thats a given cos its random voting) are helpful and relevant. However his thought proccess is interesting

WeyounsLastClone wrote: I find IH's behavior a bit strange (as far as you can call it behavior after one post). He posts some helpful points, where he seems interested in helping everyone, just to disappear and say nothing else at all.
I wouldnt really dub that as strange or suspicious. Itd be good if you could put a bit more of reasoning with your accusations WLC. (thats just one example)

populartajo

I still think hes an eager townie, and like me, quick to defend himself.

IH im still not sure about you, naturaly im slightly more suspicious of experianced players. simply because they are experianced.Dont take it too hard. If it helps, I would be leaning protown if you were new.

Im still waiting to hear from Xencobra and Fonz so im not too sure what to make of them

And Im still leaning scum on Inferno.
Inferno wrote: FoS Snailman8

The whole vote/unvote thing does seem a bit suspicious, and I don't think the "I didn't realize I put you on L-2 Fonz" reason for withdrawing your vote is believable at all.

If we had to lynch today thats where my vote would be. You really need to post a lot more Inferno, we need to know alot more about your thought proccess
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:57 am

Post by populartajo »

I, Tajo wrote:What?? Overeactive? I mean i dont know if i have a playstyle yet becuase its my first game, but come on, the only think i was doing was trying to get people to talk. Is it considered scummy to try to get as many opinions as we need for revealing possible suspicious roles??

Yeah. I should agree with IH and WLC here. THAT was overreactive. All my other posts weren't. I only felt it was a little strange that someone with no posts until yesterday pointed me suddenly with no other reason than my eagerness to play... I think i got a little excited with how the game finally is going somewhere. People is talking and analyzing. Having fun here.

Some thoughts here:

1. Whats an OMGUS FoS?
IH wrote:Why would scum go against the majority? Wouldn't they just go with it?
If and only if the interests of scum arent in danger.

IH wrote:who do you consider protown? Why do you consider them protown?
I agree with Snailman8 here. WLC is as far our protown player. I was going to quote something from him, but all his post seem balanced and well thought.

My opinion about Snailman8 has changed a little. He seems a very interested townie. On the other hand, this may be his strategy. Also, I dont like his attitude at the beginning of the game.

The Fonz has dissapeared. I still have my vote on him but this could change when he comes back and gives a general view of how the game has gone without him.

Inferno and Xencobra are lost. Is it too early to look for replacemments?
Snailman8
Snailman8
Goon
Snailman8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by Snailman8 »

OMGUS: Oh My God yoU Suck.

Tends to be used when you completly disagree with somthing someone said (usualy about you). another good example is my origanal FoS on Fonz. Turned out to actually be suspicious when he dissapeared like that tho.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”