gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 10:24 am

Post by gorilla »

Talapus wrote:No player yet in this game is Obv Town or Obv Scum and it's been addressed before yet here it is again. I just don't get it.

so caught

so very, very caught
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Talapus »

gorilla wrote:

so caught

so very, very caught

You're hilarious. Truly, a comic in or midst. I love that you make a blanket statement like this while adding absolutely nothing to my "Obv town/scum" discussion.

So please explain to me gorilla why "flavor speculation is dumb"(yep, you said it), while pointing out who is or isn't "Obv town/scum" isn't? Because as far as I can see neither one can be proven. And, I think that's your problem with the flavor speculation. Someone could claim anything and it would be hard to prove or disprove it or speculate as to whether or not we should buy it for now. Yet "Obv town/scum" pointing out on day one is totally valid even though again we know nothing?!?

I'll break this down as I see it right now and explain my problems with this argument for you as you seem to have skipped the content and pulled one sentence out of it to make a needless comment yourself.

We are in a mafia game(OBVIOUS)

We all have band names/Artist names in our roles(OBVIOUS)

Some of us are scum and some of us are town(OBVIOUS)

Someone will be lynched today before night begins(OBVIOUS)

As of right now, all those things are obvious, everything else is in the dark. Just because nintendo claimed doesn't mean he's Obv town. Just because chesskid claimed doesn't mean he's Obv town. Now I understand many of you are going on past playstyle or history to come up with these conclusions and thats awesome. Very helpful and I do that myself in many games on other sites. So please explain to me why flavor speculation is dumb, but Obv town/scum isn't? Because truly I am trying to understand this whole concept and want to know.

I play a quite a few other sites and have never seen it used as much as I do here. Especially on day one. The player reads, sure, thats common practice. But, you "Obvious"ly read my post pertaining to this argument as you commented on it. So please fill me in as I'm at a loss.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by gorilla »

You're writing fluff posts, you're not scumhunting. You're being over-reactive and shifty. Your entire attitude is "It's day 1 it's too early to know anything" which seems to be a big part of why you're voting Gaoth. flavor speculation is dumb because it is not helpful: even though slaxx doesn't provide fakeclaims, there were enough artists working within the rock genre last decade for scum to have an incredibly large pool of fakeclaims to choose from. It is not a productive line of discussion. Calling people (obv) scum/town is good because it gets reactions and generates discussion by putting out reads. Sometimes it's a bit of hyperbole. Not here though, you're obvscum. Writing huge wallposts where you complain about how it's impossible for anyone to know right now is just trying to shut down discussion, which isn't helpful, and just makes you look like you're upset and confused as to how you were caught so soon.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Regfan »

This may be the first time that gorilla has ever been right in his mafia career.

Unvote, Vote: Talapus
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hey idiots.

Stop arguing and sheep me.

I actually found something decent and definite.

I have scum, you may have scum depending my analysis of your case.

Which I will do sometime.

Maybe not.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Talapus »

gorilla wrote:You're writing fluff posts, you're not scumhunting. You're being over-reactive and shifty. Your entire attitude is "It's day 1 it's too early to know anything" which seems to be a big part of why you're voting Gaoth. flavor speculation is dumb because it is not helpful: even though slaxx doesn't provide fakeclaims, there were enough artists working within the rock genre last decade for scum to have an incredibly large pool of fakeclaims to choose from. It is not a productive line of discussion. Calling people (obv) scum/town is good because it gets reactions and generates discussion by putting out reads. Sometimes it's a bit of hyperbole. Not here though, you're obvscum. Writing huge wallposts where you complain about how it's impossible for anyone to know right now is just trying to shut down discussion, which isn't helpful, and just makes you look like you're upset and confused as to how you were caught so soon.

This isn't accurate at all, and the fact that you state it makes it seem you think it's right. First off if I were trying to shut down discussion, no posts would have been posted by me, that simple. Secondly I gave reasons for voting Gaoth, whether or not you agree with them certaily isn't my problem nor is "It's day 1 it's too early to know anything" my argument a "big part" of the reasoning behind my vote from him. In fact, it had nothing to do with it which had you read it, you'd know that. So nice try at misdirection on you're part. As for being "caught" thats you're thoery and it's wrong, just like other things in the post above you said. See gorilla, this is me yet again discussing. Now if you'd care to go back and read why I voted Gaoth go ahead as obviously you missed or skimmed it in general. I still don't agree with this point of view with the obv town/scum but I do agree it gets people to discuss things. We'll just not see eye to eye on the values of using it and thats fine. But next time dude if you're going to be upset and try to call me out on something then at least get your facts staright.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Talapus »

Hiraki wrote:Hey idiots.

Stop arguing and sheep me.

I actually found something decent and definite.

I have scum, you may have scum depending my analysis of your case.

Which I will do sometime.

Maybe not.

You think Tarsonalot is scum because of calling someone out for minimal posts while having only 3 posts himself all of which have little to know content? Is that what we're looking at as "decent and definite"? Or is it back farther because I haven't gotten completely caught up yet.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Hiraki »

No that's it.

The reason that you're making it smaller than it actually is, is making me mad.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Talapus »

Hiraki wrote:No that's it.

The reason that you're making it smaller than it actually is, is making me mad.

Not trying to minimize your case man, haven't looked into it yet as I said I'm still getting caught up. Just wanted to make sure I'm looking in the right area.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Oh. Misinterpreted that then.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Regfan »

I normally avoid doing these however I feel it's needed in this case.

Talapus ISO

Post #1 - RVS on Scumhunter. Fair enough - No issues here.
Post #2 - State you would do more if you had more time. Fair enough - No issues here.
Post #3 - State more conversation is needed while not adding any real conversation or discussion yourself - Contradiction here.
Post #4 - Fencesit on Nitendos allignment.
Post #5 - Corrects a previous error, now states suspicion on Nintendo.
Post #6 - Fluff post.
Post #7 - Vote C-Worl becuase his play is 'bad' not scummy.
Post #8 - Instant removal of the vote the second it was pointed out.
Post #9 - Defends his vote on C-Worl saying that it was reasonable.
Post #10 - Votes Gaoth despite earlier stating suspicion of Nintendo.
Post #11 - Defensiveness of 'Obvious scum/Obvious town' labels, no actual opinions on allignments or scumhunting.
Post #12 - Continuation of 'Obvious scum/Obvious town' argument.
Post #13 - Defensivesness over Gorillas assesment of your play.

So lets summarize:
- You contradicted yourself earlier by stating that more discussion was needed without adding any discussion yourself
- You posted several fluff posts while throwing a policy vote on C-Worl which you quickly retracted.
- You stated suspicion towards Nintendo for his early claim, however refrained from stating your read on him later.
- You put forward a shotty case against Gaoth in which you state you don't care if people agree with your reasoning or not.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Talapus »

5 votes on me, but I really don't understand why Refan put on the 5th based off of an inaccurate argument by gorilla. Seems strange. But as it is 5, I will claim if need be but of course would rather not as it will only hurt town in the long run.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hmmzorz.

Regfan's post is concise so I don't need to look anything up.

In addition, Talapus does look a bit bad.

Because no one is agreeing with my other idea, I'ma hop on.

If you do mind, I don't care.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by Hiraki »

EWBOP:
Unvote, Vote: Talapus
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Hiraki wrote:

217 is really bad because Tarson is using the logic that X has contributed more than twice, when he has 3 posts.

He hasn't given any to much content. This is my wagon mofos.

Vote: Tarsonalot

I'm a she. Who and what are you referring to with X? And did you read the post where I said that I'd only just realised the thread was open and was reading through as quickly as possible to give some reads? They're not necessarily very good, though I'm quite happy with chesstown, regtown and C-Worl/Pinescum (probably one but not both).

Talapus has just jumped into my scumlist majorly with that overdefensiveness.
UNVOTE: VOTE: Talapus
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Talapus »

Wow, lynch negative 1 and no one is jumping off the wagon. Well, at least this list will point towards scum come tomorrow. I'm Rihanna by the way and most definitely town.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Hiraki »

You failed to answer the question.

X was referring to the multiple people that you mentioned in that post.

And that still doesn't mean you're criticizing without doing it yourself.

Anything else you'd like to say Talapus? Like a role claim?
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Talapus »

Regfan wrote:I normally avoid doing these however I feel it's needed in this case.

What is up with all the misquotes or misconceptions on this site? I agree with some of this but you are guessing too much on other things and then getting some things wrong entirely. Geez, at least if you want to rip me apart do it truthfully man.

Regfan wrote:
Talapus ISO

Post #3 - State more conversation is needed while not adding any real conversation or discussion yourself - Contradiction here.

Wrong, I said, "Ya, we definitely need more peeps in here talking before we consider dropping band names." Granted I didn't drop my band name at the time, but neither did several others. Not really a contradiction.

Regfan wrote:
Post #8 - Instant removal of the vote the second it was pointed out.

Wrong, vote was removed as I recieved a legit answer that sounded good. At the time of these posts we were the only two talking. So not sure where you see this. And your next qoute states that so really not sure where "Instant removal of the vote the second it is pointed out" comes from.
Regfan wrote:Post #9 - Defends his vote on C-Worl saying that it was reasonable.

Regfan wrote:
Post #13 - Defensivesness over Gorillas assesment of your play.[

More like pointing out truth from BS, but if you want to see it as only defensive then that helps explain your vote for me right after it.

Regfan wrote:So lets summarize:
- You contradicted yourself earlier by stating that more discussion was needed without adding any discussion yourself

Again, not really a contradiction. Pointed out all players sould get in to discuss before we consider dropping band names.

Regfan wrote:
- You posted several fluff posts while throwing a policy vote on C-Worl which you quickly retracted.
- You stated suspicion towards Nintendo for his early claim, however refrained from stating your read on him later.

Um, I critcized his play style in those posts, never said I suspected him. Haven't posted a read on him really since though so thats accurate. But claimed potential town is still potential town so no reason to pursue that for now.

Regfan wrote:
- You put forward a shotty case against Gaoth in which you state you don't care if people agree with your reasoning or not.

Wrong, I said I don't care if gorilla saw it or not. Not "people".
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Pressure.

Answer the question.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Talapus »

Also
FOS
Hiraki as he openly admits to not even looking into the case Refan posted and
Major FOS
to Tarsonalot who decided it was best to put me at lynch -1 without even asking for a role claim. Thats really scummy.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I did.

He's right. You're wrong.

Especially since you missed some points. Town don't miss points. They augment.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Hiraki »

EWBOP:

ALSO, STILL NO ROLE CLAIM AFTER YOU CALLED OUT TARSONALOT ON IT.

COME ON. FFS.
Talapus
Talapus
Townie
Talapus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Talapus »

Hiraki wrote:EWBOP:

ALSO, STILL NO ROLE CLAIM AFTER YOU CALLED OUT TARSONALOT ON IT.

COME ON. FFS.

Post 265 dude.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I am most definitely town is not a claim.

Unless you're claiming Town.

In which case, you must die.

Hell. You have to die anyway at this rate.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Hiraki »

EWBOP: Psst.

Let me push you.

Ask why.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”