Mini 210: Secret Ballot Mafia- The Ballotbox is Closed!

Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:41 pm

Post by Thok »

Someone, mathcam, I'm just saying what I saw on reading the thread. I felt like I didn't clearly demonstrate why I was suspicious of mathcam, so I gave some more details.

However, I do think that SpeedyKQ is a better lynch today than mathcam.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:30 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Alright. Speedy is still at the top of my suspicions, with mathcam and Thok second. Thok not so much for what he's said today, in fact, I am less suspicious due to today. The thing is, STD seems pretty scummy reading back on day 1. I don't remember exactly what it was now. It was something I picked up on the readthrough I mentioned in my last post. If I need to elaborate more, I'll go back and read it again. (knew I should've written some notes)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:33 am

Post by mathcam »

Well, Speedy does seem to be at or near the top of just about everyone's list. Though I'd like to do some kind of count of this before making any "official" statement, the number of people suspicious of Speedy is almost making me think he's pro-town. With 7 alive, and probably 2 mafia, it feels like the only way that Speedy could be scum is if his co-scum is currently pushing for his lynch. That seems like a bizarre thing to be doing at this stage of the game, especially when there's no evidence against SpeedyKQ except what happened in the thread. (i.e. it's not like his scum partner is turning on him because he was fingered by a cop).

Hmm.

Cam
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:41 am

Post by Astronaut »

Well, Cam,
you're
not pushing for a Speedy lynch.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:33 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

My current thoughts, after doing some rereading:

Taking another look at day 1, I have to think that Astronaut is probably not scum with Choco, based on their interactions.

mathcam was defending Choco, and now he is defending me. Choco was scum, but I am not. I'm starting to think that mathcam is very intentionally staying off of my bandwagon so he'll look good when I turn up innocent. He would actually be my top choice right now.

I would also support an inHim lynch, but that is even more of a hunch. Seems like he has tried to look very engaged in the game without saying much that would draw attention to himself. He has been eager to fall back on lurker hunting, which can be scummy.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:54 am

Post by ibaesha »

I'd like to hear more than two lines out of Inhim as well.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:32 am

Post by mathcam »

Astronaut wrote:Well, Cam,
you're
not pushing for a Speedy lynch.
Well, he's not one of my top 2, but he's also not on my "probably innocent" list.

I'd be ready to vote inHim if that bandwagon had/has any support.

Cam
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:11 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

More than two lines? Why, that's not quite my style :). But, hopefully I can sate my verbose pursuers :P. Come back to this thread later tonight.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:03 pm

Post by Thok »

mathcam wrote:I'd be ready to vote inHim if that bandwagon had/has any support.

Cam
If somebody would explain why inhim is suspicious, I'd considered going along with it. I literally just reread to thread focusing on inhim, and all that did was make me find mathcam more suspicious for consistently pushing inhim as likely scum. While inhim hasn't been posting much, what he has posted makes sense. Inhim's also the person who got suggested that town get a raj claim before going to voting day 1-I'm not convinced that scum would help protect a townie that way.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:24 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I've set Speedy on the back burner, for now, and I have an idea: let's lynch mathcam. First, in three posts of his, Cam went from "I think ChocoCid is mafia" to "I'm fairly confident Choco is not scum." Then we have Day 2, and the repeated times that Cam was discrediting KE. I really think that
On the other hand, I still haven't gotten over KE's last post...maybe it'll just take some clarification from him, but his abrupt shift from "KILL KILL KILL CHOCO" to "Eh, let's just lynch one of these two" was pretty startling.
involved major spin. KE never even really implied the "let's just lynch one of these two." And then we have Cam's theorizing of ChocoCid being scum whilst
In any case, since just about everyone but me finds ChocoCid amazingly scummy, I'm happy ot pursue him for the lynch today.
And now, Cam's not wanting to push a lynch (specifically mine) unless that bandwagon is supported. IMO, that reeks of trying to stay the shadow, not giving anything really to connect him with a lynch.

There's something for you all to chew on.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:06 pm

Post by mathcam »

inHim wrote:And now, Cam's not wanting to push a lynch (specifically mine) unless that bandwagon is supported. IMO, that reeks of trying to stay the shadow, not giving anything really to connect him with a lynch.
That interpretation's a pretty big stretch. All I'm saying in that quote is that it's senseless for me to be on a bandwagon all by myself. If no one else finds inHim scummy, then I'll have to settle for lynching someone that I'm less suspicious of.

If I wanted to "stay the shadow," wouldn't I have
supported
the Speedy lynch, instead of being the only one who seems to be speaking against it? And the only one to support an inHim lynch? In fact, what part of
anything
I've done today has made me appear less prominent than if I had chosen a different action?

And here's KingEnigma exact quote:
KE wrote: lets let those two fight it out thunderdome style and we lynch the winner
What part of that
didn't
imply to you that KE wanted to lynch one of us?

For Thok: My original suspicion on inHim started the morning of day 2, where it would probably be as good as anything to reread that discussion. I'm not sure yet if his recent comments have changed my mind.

Cam
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:02 am

Post by ibaesha »

I've been thinking about this some more, but I just can't ignore this feeling that mathcam is scum. I'm a little less sure about Speedy now than I was before. I'm also losing track of where everyone's suspicions are at. I'm going to do what was done one day 1 here and ask everyone to do the same. We can add it up and go from there for a vote. My suspicions have shifted enough that I'm believing other's might have too. Either way at this point I'd say that mathcam's previous statement that Speedy is first on the most people's list was barely true there were suspicions of himself as well. (Okay I'm tired so I apologize for the rambling train of thought here)

1. mathcam
2. Speedy
3. Thok
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:59 am

Post by Thok »

Well, my personal feelings are

1. SpeedyKQ
2. mathcam

If I had to put a third, I'd put Someone, but only because I'm not that suspicious of any of Astro/Inhim/ibaesha.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:02 pm

Post by mathcam »

ibaesha wrote:Either way at this point I'd say that mathcam's previous statement that Speedy is first on the most people's list was barely true there were suspicions of himself as well.
a) Barely true is still true, and in any case, I did disclaim that I hadn't counted up everyone's suspicions when making that post.
b) Is it really all that suspicious to downplay suspicions on one's own self? Townie or scum, I'd like to stay alive.

At this point, there just aren't too many people that I think could likely be scum. Since Speedy isn't one I feel particularly confident about (in terms of innocent), I'll upgrade him to being my primary choice.

Cam
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:37 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I basically said this in my last post, but for confirmity:

1. mathcam
2. inHim

And if we do end up lynching me, please consider this post tomorrow:
mathcam wrote:At this point, there just aren't too many people that I think could likely be scum. Since Speedy isn't one I feel particularly confident about (in terms of innocent), I'll upgrade him to being my primary choice.
mathcam knows he has to get me lynched to save himself, but doesn't want to be seen as pushing for my lynch. So he is oh-so-subtly, ever-so-reluctantly, upgrading me to his first choice. But he wants to make sure we realize he doesn't
really
think I'm scum.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:54 am

Post by mathcam »

SpeedyKQ wrote:mathcam knows he has to get me lynched to save himself, but doesn't want to be seen as pushing for my lynch. So he is oh-so-subtly, ever-so-reluctantly, upgrading me to his first choice. But he wants to make sure we realize he doesn't really think I'm scum.
Funny, everything you've said there is true, except any implied connotation that I'm doing any of it because I'm scum.

Cam
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:43 pm

Post by Astronaut »

mathcam wrote:
SpeedyKQ wrote:mathcam knows he has to get me lynched to save himself, but doesn't want to be seen as pushing for my lynch. So he is oh-so-subtly, ever-so-reluctantly, upgrading me to his first choice. But he wants to make sure we realize he doesn't really think I'm scum.
Funny, everything you've said there is true, except any implied connotation that I'm doing any of it because I'm scum.

Cam
So why do you want us to realize that you don't really think SpeedyKQ is scum?
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:42 pm

Post by mathcam »

Because that's my opinion, and it's a townie's responsibility to make his opinions on these matters known. I don't mean to be rude, but I would have thought that fairly obvious.

Cam
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:37 am

Post by Astronaut »

But you want to lynch him nonetheless? That's what SpeedyKQ is saying, and you said everything he said was true.

Why you would want to lynch someone you think is scum while making us think you don't find him scummy isn't obvious at all.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:09 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Given the last few comments, I'm ready to vote. My choice - mathcam.

But that was obvious, no?
Show

:

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:50 am

Post by mathcam »

The town has decided it's going to be either me or Speedy. I know I'm innocent, so I have no choice but to push the Speedy bandwagon, regardless of whether or not I think he's pro-town. I attempted to push a bandwagon on someone who I think actually
is
scum, but when that failed, I have to fall back to a plan that has a chance of succeeding. I'm confused about why this is so surprising to everyone...has no one else ever made a compromise on who to lynch?

Cam
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:32 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

So I guess everybody expresses their preference between mathcam and me, and whoever gets more votes should claim?
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:55 am

Post by ibaesha »

I already spoke my preference, but that sounds good to me.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:52 am

Post by JereIC »

A deadline is around the corner if activity doesn't pick up soon.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:06 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Heh.

Vote Now
Show

:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”