Newbie 1109: Paradise City (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Bulvious »

Yes
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by Otolia »

Bulvious, you are an ass. I tried to find the time to post something that could make he game better but I didn't succeed. I apologize for that, but this isn't my fault if the town can't man up and lynch me in the first place.

I should have claim scum yesterday to escape the shitstorm you spouted out today. I am really sad the game ended this way.
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by Jora »

IC comment: NEVER CLAIM SCUM!

Indeed, and especially if you yorself are one of mafias. Indeed, and especially if you are in newbie game.
Even if you are the last one and even if it seems all the odds are against you. It will spoil the pleasure from hunting. It may cause a Modkill.
If you are townie - it will confuse people, and therefore considered to be anti-town.

@ Otolia: I know you know it. This comment was for newbies. I think you played well. And as it looks to me, Bulvious did not intend to say something other than this:
"It's hard for a scum to continue playing under such pressure. Scum can't give up and say "lynch me, pl0x", that would be violation against his Wincon which is punishable act. It confuses the hell out of that scum. Otoloia started acting like this and that is the reason why we should lynch him asap."

I should have claim scum yesterday to escape the shitstorm you spouted out today. I am really sad the game ended this way.

This is not true. I was a little doubtful about your flip. After your post this doubts melted away, mostly, but if you said it yestarday THAT would be just wrong and unfair.
If this game will end after your death, I assure you, nobody would say it was bad played or something.

Now, people can we lynch Otolia? He almost claimed scum. What are you waiting for?
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Jora is obv VT, if not, she is a Cop. Simple.
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Post by Isa »

He's already lynched. We just wait for Tasky.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Jora »

Yay! We won! :)
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Tasky »

VOTECOUNT 2.3

Otolia (LYNCH!): Bulvious, Isa, }|{opa, Greenealogist, don_johnson

Not Voting (3): Maziek, Yonzy, Otolia

Otolia, Mafia Goon
has been lynched Day 2!
TOWN SCORES A PERFECT VICTORY!
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Isa »

Woop woop.

I have to say, this game didn't really thrill me. It never really picked up and the constant replacements and need for prods was annoying, and certainly helped in slowing the game down.

Bulvious is MVP. I'll gladly play again with the ones who didn't flake.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Bulvious »

What makes me an ass? Your insults, your ad-homs, your bad play, and I'm the ass?

Give me a break, you threw in the towel, and if people didn't notice that as strongly as I did, then I can't help them. I was onto you from the start, particularly with how you reacted under pressure and how it took so much just to grind one answer for you to stick to out. That's probably EXACTLY how Maziek felt about Verydark. I wouldn't even say you threw in the towel D2, you threw it in towards the end of D1. You didn't try to talk your partner out of it, nor did you try to talk yourself out of it. You didn't even make a plea against the jail saying that the scum framed you.

How am I an ass when you gave up, when you stopped playing, when you come back here and start insulting people?

This isn't how you argue, you don't argue by refuting arguements as ridiculous or lies just because you think they are or want other people to think they are. It's fallacious, as was your entire arguement. If you want to play this game again, my main tips are for you to avoid derogatory remarks, to avoid contradicting yourself, to avoid giving up, and to play to have a good time.

@Isa, actually, I felt the game's climax was in D1 when Maziek and I were hammering Verydark and Otolia with point after point and alls they could do was say it was somehow counter-productive non-town play. I had fun though, particularly because I felt I played well.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:05 am

Post by don_johnson »

good job guys!
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by Otolia »

Because I feel some players deserve more than the bad ending we displayed, here are my comments on the game.

verydark : Youu tried and that's honorable. I choosed not to bus you because you were the rolespy and a newbie. I hope you learn some valuable knowledge in D1.

Isa, Green, Yonzi : Great play overall, you didn't mess up with the pace of the game and wagonned when necessary. Be sure to understand the risks of sheeping though.

Maziek : Amazing awereness of my links to verdydark. I wasn't scummy alone, and he put an obvscum on me but you did a good scouting job that beforehand.

Bulvious : Good plays though you sheeped Maziek and have difficulties to understand policies ... :igmeou:

Jora : A little bit too passive as an IC, otherwise nothing to note.

don_johnson : you hammered, but I don't really remember anything else ... :oops:

I wish I had the time after the end of N1 to provide you with a better defence, but I only see my GF once every 2/3 months so I made a choice. Contrary to Bulvious, I didn' threw the towel D1 nor did I D2 but after a few posts there is nothing more you can say so I was really hoping you would have hammer me sooner not because I gave up but because couldn't ask for a replacement during N1 and that killed the game. And the fact that you would consider me as someone who would flake as scum makes me nauseous.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:34 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

To be fair, without the GF stuff it does look like scum giving up. And frankly, in that position? I've seen scum self-NK before, under the old setup. It's not the entirely worst thing to do when you get rolescrewed like that.

But yeah, you did go a bit ass there at the very end,
Retired as of October 2014.
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Jora »

The funny thing is Otolia could't self-NK :)

Btw, I guess Bulvious was our only PR.
But Jailer is a such kick ass role. Setup + luck + good players (IMO way better than in average newbie) = scums had little to no chances.
Also,
IMHO
, Jailer + Doc = imba. Way worse balanced than Cop + Doc from F11.
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Bulvious »

Yeah, I have to agree I was a bit unsure about Jailer, but it did ended up being pretty bad ass.

And as far as sheeping Maziek, that's hardly true. You were still my top pick until I saw where Verydark was coming off quite badly, and then you just matched up so well with it, that you were still one of my top picks. And in regards to understanding policies, lulwhat? Are you still talking about our first arguement where you had the most wishy-washy stance you possibly could in regards to Lynch all Lurkers? I mean, you said "lynch all lurkers, but be cautious, but be extreme, but I won't do it in this game." In the span of a paragraph. Yeah, such an amazing policy it's a shame I didn't understand.
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Maziek »

Good job guys!

I'm really sorry about the way I played. I'm also really sorry to the scum team, since I was pretty much a dick to them this whole game @_@! I hope you two will forgive me!

Any feedback about my play is greatly appreciated, since I love improving as much as anyone else! Thank you! ^_^

Living Players:
1. Yonzy (Dark_Creed) (rockynpoika) - Thank you so much for replacing in! Even if you didn't get to do much! Sorry if Dark_Creed left people thinking you were scummy, but I felt that you fixed that pretty well!
2. Isa - Beat me to the punch haha. Calling out Very for that L-1 vote was an amazing move! Great job!
3. Maziek - ^__^
5. Greenealogist - I think the way you were playing was more worrying about yourself and less about the town. Just something to fix, I guess! Nothing bad, really!
6. don_johnson estcerourt (illmatic) - Thank you so much for replacing in! It was great having you play, even though you didn't get to do too much :(! Seems that illmatic didn't leave too bad of an impression with most people, though!
7. Bulvious (SE) - Yeeeah. You were so good this game! Congratulations! Definitely the MVP! ^_^
9. }|{opa (IC) - Thank you so much for being the IC! It was great having someone here to guide us through these things! Great job looking extra townie, too!

Dead Players:
4. verydark, Mafia RoleCop - Sorry about tunneling on you so hard... If you're getting pressured so much, make sure to talk to the attacker and defend against him to the point where he thinks you're townie or somewhere along those lines. Easier said than done, I know, but still, you gotta try something besides ignoring him :/! Good luck in your next game!
8. Otolia (SE), Mafia Goon - You're right, your play wasn't really bad or anything, but combined with what Very did, it made since that you two were the scum team. Sorry about your luck! Hope we can play another game where you're on my side! Good play in general, too! ^_^

Great game town! It was really fun for my first game on MafiaScum! :)
League: Doomsyplusle
osu!: Dooms

Pokemon Nuzlocker, Smash Bros. competitive player, and Fire Emblem: Awakening lover~
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Good Job Maziek, Bulvious, and the whole town!

Good stuff on finding Otolia through the connections. I didn't see which they had, but I'm going to guess Otolia had to defend his scum buddy because of him messing up. : P

Good job Otolia.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:08 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”