Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #4125 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Korlash wrote:No. tar has shown inside knowledge to my claim only scum would know
No, even as a vanilla townie it was quite easy to figure out your real role with just a basic understanding of logic (based on information available from the beginning of Day 9) and game balance.

Logic: At end of massclaim there were at most 3 players who could be Doctor (Masons cannot be scum, I knew I wasn't the Doctor, SpyreX would not have held fire about TS if he was the real Doc, CKD would not have claimed Nurse if he was the real Doc, Tombolo was inactive after D3 and could not have prevented the N5 kill), leaving TS, SA, and you as possible Doctors. Since TS and SA both turned up as dead scum, you were the ONLY possible candidate for Doctor, ergo you were and are the Doctor.

Game Balance: Sane Cop + Cult Cop + 3 confirmed-innocent Masons + Tracker is too many investigative roles without serious Mafia power (which we have seen no sign of), even in a 30-player game. That's why I pushed for the massclaim immediately after TS claimed Doc. That's why I was sure that you weren't a Tracker. It's also why I'm sure that CKD is lying scum (Doctor + Bodyguard + Nurse would be imbalanced without serious Mafia power, and that's not even counting the Drug Dealer).
and he swung the lynch from TS (Scum) to K7 (Town) two days ago. He's almost certain scum just for that right there.
Misrepresentation - as far as I can tell, I didn't push the killa seven wagon (sure, I wanted him lynched and was the main player supporting an eventual K7 lynch, but I didn't switch off of pushing TS's lynch until after it was clear killa was the lynch), it simply progressed once a few players (mainly farside and yourself, AFAICT) decided to leave TS be for a while and jumped on the first available alternative.

Seriously, if you're going to make a case on me, do it for the right reasons - say, my indecisive behavior towards Toaster Strudel's claim and my play before Bogre's lynch.

Just lynch Surye tomorrow and CKD after that, will you? Lynch SpyreX Day 12 if you nail a non-Roleblocker Mafia before then; otherwise, I'd lean towards lynching Grimmy.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #4126 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Korlash »

Tar wrote:Logic: At end of massclaim there were at most 3 players who could be Doctor (Masons cannot be scum, I knew I wasn't the Doctor, SpyreX would not have held fire about TS if he was the real Doc, CKD would not have claimed Nurse if he was the real Doc, Tombolo was inactive after D3 and could not have prevented the N5 kill), leaving TS, SA, and you as possible Doctors. Since TS and SA both turned up as dead scum, you were the ONLY possible candidate for Doctor, ergo you were and are the Doctor.
tar wrote:I still don't think Korlash is telling the truth (though I DO think he is town). You just finally succeeded in convincing me that you aren't telling the truth either.
This above claim was made before TS or SA died. Meaning you were "convinsed I was lying" before either turned up scum, something you would not be able to have been convinsed about unless you KNEW neither of TS or SA were the doctor.(By your own logic)

So my orriginal point about you having inside knowledge still holds true. Die scum die, etc..
Tar wrote:Misrepresentation - as far as I can tell, I didn't push the killa seven wagon (sure, I wanted him lynched and was the main player supporting an eventual K7 lynch, but I didn't switch off of pushing TS's lynch until after it was clear killa was the lynch), it simply progressed once a few players (mainly farside and yourself, AFAICT) decided to leave TS be for a while and jumped on the first available alternative.
Post 3895:
Tar wrote:Also, killa7 is TS's scumbuddy. I'm actually still willing to lynch killa7 instead of TS, as I have him pegged as Mafia Roleblocker.
You may not have been the first person to vote... in fact you were like the 6th... but you started the whole "Lynch K7 over TS" argument... YOU came up with the argument "K7 is the mafia RB" so YOU are almost soley responcible for the switch from TS to K7. I myself only allowed TS to escape the lynch becuase I believed the Rb was more important and I didn't believe TS to be the RBer.
tar wrote:Seriously, if you're going to make a case on me, do it for the right reasons - say, my indecisive behavior towards Toaster Strudel's claim and my play before Bogre's lynch.
Sure add that to my list then too. Case closed! ^^
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #4127 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Korlash wrote:
Tar wrote:Logic: At end of massclaim there were at most 3 players who could be Doctor (Masons cannot be scum, I knew I wasn't the Doctor, SpyreX would not have held fire about TS if he was the real Doc, CKD would not have claimed Nurse if he was the real Doc, Tombolo was inactive after D3 and could not have prevented the N5 kill), leaving TS, SA, and you as possible Doctors. Since TS and SA both turned up as dead scum, you were the ONLY possible candidate for Doctor, ergo you were and are the Doctor.
tar wrote:I still don't think Korlash is telling the truth (though I DO think he is town). You just finally succeeded in convincing me that you aren't telling the truth either.
This above claim was made before TS or SA died. Meaning you were "convinsed I was lying" before either turned up scum, something you would not be able to have been convinsed about unless you KNEW neither of TS or SA were the doctor.(By your own logic)

So my orriginal point about you having inside knowledge still holds true. Die scum die, etc..
I seem to recall making an important caveat about the logic part of that post...
Tarhalindur wrote:(based on information available from the beginning of Day 9)
Hmm, it's couldn't possibly be that my original disbelief of your claim was based entirely on game balance and my certainty was only applicable today...

BZZT! Sorry, wrong answer, try again tomorrow.
Tar wrote:Misrepresentation - as far as I can tell, I didn't push the killa seven wagon (sure, I wanted him lynched and was the main player supporting an eventual K7 lynch, but I didn't switch off of pushing TS's lynch until after it was clear killa was the lynch), it simply progressed once a few players (mainly farside and yourself, AFAICT) decided to leave TS be for a while and jumped on the first available alternative.
Post 3895:
Tar wrote:Also, killa7 is TS's scumbuddy. I'm actually still willing to lynch killa7 instead of TS, as I have him pegged as Mafia Roleblocker.
You may not have been the first person to vote... in fact you were like the 6th... but you started the whole "Lynch K7 over TS" argument... YOU came up with the argument "K7 is the mafia RB" so YOU are almost soley responcible for the switch from TS to K7. I myself only allowed TS to escape the lynch becuase I believed the Rb was more important and I didn't believe TS to be the RBer.
Funny, I never saw any players OTHER than you use the "k7 as Mafia Roleblocker" argument. As far as I can tell, the reason k7 got lynched was because every other person on the wagon decided not to lynch TS and killa was the default second option (in other words, the decision not to lynch TS was the ultimate cause of TS not getting lynched D7 and my post only decided who would get lynched instead).
tar wrote:Seriously, if you're going to make a case on me, do it for the right reasons - say, my indecisive behavior towards Toaster Strudel's claim and my play before Bogre's lynch.
Sure add that to my list then too. Case closed! ^^[/quote]

I agree that I'm a perfectly good lynch today (mostly because I need to be lynched at some point, partly to remind other players that, should you survive tonight, nobody should listen to you when deciding who to lynch because you absolutely fail at scumhunting). I'm just going to be an ass about using craplogic to lynch me when there is perfectly good logic available. Even if it is your well-deserved title.

Vote: Tarhalindur
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #4128 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Korlash »

Tar wrote:Hmm, it's couldn't possibly be that my original disbelief of your claim was based entirely on game balance and my certainty was only applicable today...
No, your statement implied you were certain I was lying BEFORE day 9. You also implied SOMETHING I SAID tipped you off I was lying. My claim may not have been claim of the year material but no vanilla town could be absolutely sure I was lying until today.
tar wrote:I agree that I'm a perfectly good lynch today (mostly because I need to be lynched at some point, partly to remind other players that, should you survive tonight, nobody should listen to you when deciding who to lynch because you absolutely fail at scumhunting). I'm just going to be an ass about using craplogic to lynch me when there is perfectly good logic available. Even if it is your well-deserved title.
The funny thing is... even if my logic is crap... It beats your logical defense if you end up dead doesn't it? So really... what's worse? Using crappy logic... or being to dumb to defend against it? I mean if you want to get personal about it we can do that, I love making friends but I don't mind an occasional spat. But realize... I'm the town doctor... I can say whatever I want, so if you want to get into a fight realize I can go all out with no repercussions...

Now on a more serious and friendlyish note... Could you perhaps stop being a douche and maybe tell me what it is I said that "Finally succeeded in convincing you that I wasn't telling the truth"? I mean if my argument is crap, surely you could explain it. Yet so far you have failed miserably to do so.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4129 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hay masons, why not chime in and pick a target. There's only 5 of us.

Grimmy is a wild card being a replacement.
If I am scum I am the most awesome busser ever.
CKD has been "awesome" and claimed a role that, really, I dont buy.
Tar's logical explanation makes enough sense that I didn't want to hang him for it. However, he is one of the remainders.
Surye has definitely claimed a scary role in the days to come.

My belly gut says CKD.
My apathy says Tar
My hatred of not town roles says Surye
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #4130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:31 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

vote surye.

I think tar's plan is good....and I dont think scum would be voting himself at this point, espeically given the plan...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:02 am

Post by skitzer »

So in order of wishing to lynch:

Surye
ckd
Tarh

but if surye is telling the truth ONLY about the part that he is the cult person whatever, it makes more sense to lynch ckd or Tarhal.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Matt_S »

I still think CKD is the best choice. I've just had a bad feeling about him for the last several days.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #4133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Korlash »

I can't believe tar is still alive...

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:20 am

Post by SpyreX »

I can't believe its not butter.
CKD has PLAYED scummier consistently.
Tar's interaction with you + helping push the lynch away from TS is bad.

I'd kill either.

CKD voting for Suyre really strikes me as off as well.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #4135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Korlash »

In my opinion "when in doubt, lynch the claimed scum" seems perfectly logical...

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I guess I'm looking at it from teh standpoint if we're approaching lylo - why not kill the survivor to give a better shot for a mislynch at lylo? The scum can't trust him any more than we can so its easy to get behind and, of course, the fact is he's not a scum so it only quasi-hurts.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4137 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Surye »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
vote surye.

I think tar's plan is good....and I dont think scum would be voting himself at this point, espeically given the plan...
Lynch me tomorrow. If there's one scum left, I could win with town, if there's two, there's no way I could win, so I'll die tomorrow. You've seen the math over and over, it's quite simple.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Grimmy »

To be quite honest, there is something about the claimed masons that is really bothering me, and this is the reason I havent dropped a vote on Tar as of yet.

I was in a game on another site where I was the mafia GF and was masoned to a townie, and this was what made it possible for me to win the game. For some reason, I think history is repeating itself here.

So I want to do a bit more reading before giving in to Tar's plan.

Grimmy
doesnt trust the mason thing
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:48 am

Post by skitzer »

It says in our PMs that we are confirmed town.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Grimmy »

If you dont mind, I would like to hear that from all three of you please.

Grimmy
just to be sure
Show

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Matt_S »

Grimmy wrote:If you dont mind, I would like to hear that from all three of you please.

Grimmy
just to be sure
I know that my partners are protown, which I've stated before if you'd like to go and check.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Grimmy »

two out of three should be good enough.

kehaul...(sorry. checked facebook and I still have it in pirate speak settings)

Vote: Tar

Grimmy
Show

Rishi wrote:

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Matt_S »

Perhaps it's because I jumped from TS to K7 at around the same time Tar did, but I don't see why he's a more popular lynch than CKD.
Show

(2) think very hard;
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:05 am

Post by skitzer »

Okay. I went and looked at the first page, and I realized that we had killed FOUR Mafia.

I'm thinking that JordanA24 had thought that the Cult was going to last longer; so I'm guessing there is one, if any mafia left. Therefore, It seems best to
Vote Surye
, as it seems he is a)the last surviving cult member who is still cult-win or b) the last mafia goon, hiding under his cult/survivor role.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Surye »

I'm not a cult member, I WAS a delayed cult recruiter, but when the other one was killed, I reverted to survivor. Period. Why do not even list that? And if i was cult, what does killing me tomorrow do different? And do you think i'm the goon?
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Matt_S »

Surye wrote:And do you think i'm the goon?
Why do you ask this?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Surye »

Matt_S wrote:
Surye wrote:And do you think i'm the goon?
Why do you ask this?
Because skitzer set that up as one of his two possibilities for me.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:29 am

Post by skitzer »

It's possible. So I'm confused about your old role; there were two of you, in the same cult? Explain.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Surye »

No, we were in different cults, and could not recruit unless we killed the other personally, and each night, we could do a night cult-investigation to find him, then kill him. But the other cult dies N0, so none of that came into effect, and since I didn't personally kill him, I became a survivor.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”