Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm getting annoyed at people saying I didn't scumhunt - Yes I fucking did. Go read my fucking posts. It was only when I was on 5 votes that I gave up and claimed. You can choose to believe I failed in this game if you wish, but I am happy with my performance.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:46 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Xtoxm wrote:I'm getting annoyed at people saying I didn't scumhunt - Yes I fucking did. Go read my fucking posts. It was only when I was on 5 votes that I gave up and claimed. You can choose to believe I failed in this game if you wish, but I am happy with my performance.
You really should learn a new defenition of scumhunting then.

And lol, you really active lurked: Read the last few posts time:
1st post after the lynch
8 hours later: 2nd post after the lynch
7 hours later: 3rd post after the lynch
1 hour later: 4th post after the lynch

That is four posts in 24 hours with long time stamps between them.

You really played a very, VERY bad game whether you are scum or not.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 am

Post by Umbrage »

Xtoxm, you are more active dead than alive. That alone should tell you something.

I can understand getting fed up with the game and not caring anymore. But to be satisfied with that as your play? I'd hate to see what you consider a bad game.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Umbrage »

... should someone prod the mod?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:15 am

Post by implosion »

Vote count 1.10 (FINAL):

Xtoxm - 7 (DarthYoshi, ConSpiracy, Regfan, Abelcain, Krazy, Umbrage, Vordark) (LYNCH)
Krazy - 0
Umbrage - 2 (Ythan, Quaroath)
Ythan - 0
ConSpiracy - 0
Regfan - 0
Snake Eyes - 0
Vordark - 0
Quaroath - 0
Abelcain - 0
iamausername - 0
DarthYoshi - 3 (iamausername, Xtoxm, Snake Eyes)
No lynch - 0
Not voting: No one.

With 12 alive, 7 votes are required to lynch.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:16 am

Post by implosion »

The mob couldn't make up its mind - eventually, though, it came to a decision. The target of its wrath, Xtoxm, fought, but not hard enough. As his body hung from the noose, a more thorough check was done on his background. As it turned out, he was just a commoner who got caught up in this mess by accident.

"Why didn't anyone check this earlier?" Asked some indiscernible voice in the crowd.

The only response was an eerie silence, followed by the sound of feet shifting towards their homes.

Xtoxm, Vanilla Townie, lynched day one.

It is now night one. Mafia may begin talking. Actions will be due by Saturday at 5:00 PM EST. There's a chance that I'll be a bit late to unlock the thread, but I should have it unlocked on Saturday.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by implosion »

So... much... blood...

ConSpiracy, Town vigilante
has been killed night one.

Quaroath, Mafia goon

iamausername, Town hider

It is now day one. Deadline is 3 weeks from today at 8:00 EST (EDT).
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Ythan »

Morning.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Krazy »

Wait.... what? How is that even possible?

Hider behind Quaroth, CS shoots Quaroth, and then Quaroth shoots CS?

That right?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by Krazy »

So thinking mostly on Q's death, just first impressions:

-Umbrage looks more town.
-Regfan looks very slightly more town.
-Yoshi looks slightly more town.

Q was either buddying or sheeping some of our stumps. He was slowly rising in my list of suspicion. Going to have to think on this and re-read and review some isos.

IMO it looks like Q wanted to setup Umbrage to lynch today, so how about we don't do that mmkay?
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Ythan »

Hider hides behind scum or vig, hider dies.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Krazy wrote:Wait.... what? How is that even possible?

Hider behind Quaroth, CS shoots Quaroth, and then Quaroth shoots CS?

That right?
And.......... how would you know that? The hider could've hid with CS or Q. Or one of the other scum who's still alive.

Don't speculate. This is why we have a hider tracker.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Ythan »

If you wouldn't mind letting him respond to what has been said so far before posting more on the subject I would appreciate it.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Krazy »

Who is "him" Ythan?

And who Iaaun hid behind is sort of irrelevant, I was just trying to get a sense of how there were three deaths last night. I presumed Quaroth because I personally would not have hid behind CS.

I have a massive post on Q's iso now so if that's the reaction you were waiting for Ythan I will go ahead and post that now. Mmmkay?
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Ythan »

Him is you, so go ahead. And remember, the hider could have hidden behind any of
four
people. It seemed to me you were under the impression that the hider only died if he hid behind someone who was killed.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Krazy »

Oh. I was indeed under that impression. Forgot he can die off investigations etc. too.

Anyway, on to Q.

_____

So our scum #1, thanks to CS: Quaroth. As I go through here I'm going to make comments like +1, -1, +2, or +.5. +1 is slightly more suspicious. -1 is slightly less suspicious. +2 is way more suspicious. -2 is way less suspicious. +.5 is very slightly more suspicious.
Quaroath wrote: I hope to post every day, at minimum every other. I've been having some serious health issues recently but they seem to be fixing themselves now. If I have to V/LA i'll say so.

as for my vote: VOTE: Darth Yoshi cause is Yoshi goes Sith, we are all doomed.

So two things here. First, he says he will be active, but ultimately I'd say he was more lurkerish than not. Second, he starts with a vote on DarthYoshi. Scum voting partners or not voting partners in RVS is of course full of WIFOM, but in my general experience scum are less likely to vote their partners than not. To me, this is a tentative -1 for DarthYoshi.
Quaroath wrote:Umbrage looks like hes flailing around halfway through page 3 (at this point I’m up to post 64)
There is a lot of backtracking and circular logic in his posts, with a good chunk of contradictions. You ain’t lookin good Umbrage.
I have a strong town feeling towards Snake eyes, and a null read on CS to this point, though CS is a hair over the town line.

Krazy, could you put into words on a post why you want to lynch Ythan? Up until #64 you’ve said squat that isn’t “policy lynch”, if in name only, since you can’t talk about ongoing games. Serious Ythan tunneling going on here. PEDIT: nevermind Reached the explosion of posting and figured it out myself.

Umbrage, you got pretty agro towards people with post #66… capslock ftl? I don’t A.) see what you are saying to Vordak here, and B.) really don’t think GOING ALL CAPLOCKAGRO IS GOING TO HELP PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHATYOU ARE SAYING AND DESIRE TO READ YOUR POSTS. Irony eh?

@Krazy 81, while I do think this is umbrage trying to deflect, you and Ythan have had an… interesting little pat up until this point. Mostly you.

I find the ping pong posting between Krazy and Ythan pretty hardcore personal dispute, over a game dispute. Come on guys and girls, be civil and nice as we lynch people. 34 straigth posts by Krazy and Ythan, mostly @ each other. Is this a record? >_<

@ 119, I’m getting a pretty solid town vibe from Vordak. Solid posts, and very clear in the thought process.
@122/Umbrage. I _ am _so _ not _ feeling _this.

I alo agree with snake’s #134 that you are misrepresenting him with your post.

So a few things here.

1 - Q is pretty clearly pushing toward an Umbrage lynch. This is almost -2 for Umbrage. I don't see scum busing day 1 like this.

2 - Something that bothered me before but I didn't feel like commenting on is that Q addresses all of the Krazy/Ythan exchange comments to me. What's up with that? Why not ask Ythan anything? FMPOV this is +1 for Ythan, but I'm not sure if I also don't come off worse here.

3 - "a pretty solid town vibe from Vordark" - buddying or trying to keep his ally clear? +.5 for V.

4 - Like Vordark, Q was interested in maintaining the position that Umbrage was misrepresenting Snake Eyes (admittedly, I still sort of see this, but there it is). +.5 for SE, but this could just be sheeping.
Quaroath wrote:
Abelcain wrote:
Quaroath wrote:prod avoidance, just finished a 44 hours work weekend fri-sun, will catch up/post when conscious in morning.
Quaroath's last two posts have been placed only to avoid getting prodded and have contained no content. I think he needs some encouragement.

Unvote

Vote: Quaroath

I stopped at #195 for this.

Fair. And deserved. The (what felt like) 5 page explosion while I was at work sunday made it a slog and I put it off.

Something kind of bothers me about this post. Could this be AC saying "get in the game or I will bus you?" Or is this AC generally prodding a now-confirmed scum? Null-tell here but Q's reaction here did annoy me. It is one thing to point out how AC's vote on him is "fair and deserved." (Then again, it really was)
Quaroath wrote:
Krazy wrote:Rereading a couple isos. I have to agree with Ythan that V's #62 is annoying, both to read and to reread.
Holy crap! Did the world implode?

Again, like Q keeping the attention on Umbrage, Q wants to continue to characterize me as totally nuts when it comes to Ythan when our early game exchange had long since past. And again, he keeps the attention on me and not Ythan.

-His next post seems overly concerned with "what AC was saying" and actually goes so far as to explain for him. Q's play here with CS, AC, SE, and V all was more or less the same: They are all right, Umbrage is always wrong.

-The beginning of one of his next posts is concerning. He says he has a town vibe from DarthYoshi when DY had two votes on him at least is problematic. DarthYoshi back +1.

The "Snake Eyes is full of WIFOM" argument is more interesting though. Is this -1 for SE? I think so. But this could also be distancing.
Quaroath wrote:@ Darth Yoshi #254 @Quaraoth: It sounds like you're backtracking from your pro-town read on me. Is that because of Vordark's case, or are there other reasons?

…. I hadn’t even posted between when I said I read you town and this post. Wtf!

Anyways, no I still feel you are town. The argument, if you want to call it that, between you and vordark has only reinforced that belief. You’ve answered to the questions posed to you reasonably). As the walls have grown you haven’t strayed or circled back to contradict yourself. I think that you are on firm ground on your position. I consider the lack of waffling a pro-town tell. Scum go with the wind, something you haven’t done. I don’t agree with some of what you’ve said (I’m really not getting some of the back and forth with you and vordak) but you don’t feel particularly scummy to me.

Again, Q emphasizes how town DY is. Hmm.

Quaroath wrote: In the end, Vordark brings up a fallacy that doesn’t apply to the situation, Yoshi points this out, and abel implies that by pointing out that the fallacy doesn’t apply, Darth is scumy. When I read this, (and I had to look up the fallacy) it didn’t read that the fallacy applied only to the first sentence, but the first portion of the post, which was the first two sentances in the nest. I'm not sure you aren't misrepresenting the conversation yourself.

Quaroth says that AC is misrepresenting the situation in order to reinforce how DY is town. +1 for DY and -1 for AC.

There's some interaction here with V where he disagrees at first but eventually agrees. Not sure how I feel about that.
Quaroath wrote:Massclaims just brak the game and make them duller than dull. *shrug*

Tentative -1 for Regfan off this. Q really didn't like the idea of massclaim, apparently.
Quaroath wrote: Yes I am, because it makes the game far more boring. I like how you jump on me when I'm not the first one to point that out.

Krazy was

Q takes an irrational position and tries to explain it as sheeping off a player he has consistently characterized as, if not irrational, then driven by purely personal feelings in the game. Personally, I would give this a -1 to Krazy, but then again I'm not really in a position to do that, being myself.
Quaroath wrote:
vote Xtomx
Top suspect right now. Never got a comfortable feeling from him. A brief summary from my end of his posts:

I think Ythan might be scum because he was complacent. when he and krazy were blowing the thread up.
Oh wait, Yhtan wasn't complacent
Oh, Darth Yoshi Wagon, I want a ride!
I now feel DY is scum, though I already voted him, and the reasons are here and here. (Points to Abelcain/DY argument). But still.. I'm not going o really get involved. (wheels that wagon without pushing it)
Comment on Regfans game molasses inducing massclim discussion. Pretty much with the majority on mass claim = unwelcome at the least, and likely bad.
Posted 2 days ago to say ooh i haven't posted in 4 days. Darn, seemed like yesterday.... and __________
still no other post?

In retrospect this was the post that made me think that DY looked more townish after Q's flip, but on a reread I now see the opposite is the case, that a large part of Q's case on Xtomx was Xtomx's vote on DY. So this is actually another +1 for DY, as opposed to the -2 my shoddy memory took it to be.

So conclusions:

-It's pretty safe to say after Q's flip that Umbrage is obvtown.
-FMPOV Ythan looks slightly scummier.
-DY looks slightly scummier (contrary to my initial impression)
-V, AC, and SE all look slightly scummier but almost break even. [ note this is going purely off Q's interactions, not the impression of Umbrage being obvtown which will make these three players look slightly scummier on top of their interactions with Q]
-Regfan looks slightly more town (due mostly to Q's failreaction to the mass-claim idea, but this could actually go either way).
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Ythan »

Krazy wrote:Forgot he can die off investigations etc. too.
Do you mean his own targets?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Krazy »

I just needed to reread the Hider rules, ignore what I was saying I completely forgot the mechanics.
-Hide: every night, you may PM me with the name of someone who you want to hide behind. If that player is a member of the mafia or the vigilante, you will die. If the player you hide behind is targeted for a nightkill by the mafia or vigilante that night, you will die. If you are targeted for a nightkill on a night that you hide behind someone else, that nightkill will not affect you.

So yes, if the Hider Tracker tracked Iamausername to anyone other than Quaroth or CS last night, they need to out because that would be confirmed scum.
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Ythan »

Correct. They no longer have any power and their only use beyond that of a vanilla townie now is in any information they gained last night and the fact that they have a unique role to claim. If you, hider tracker, did track the hider to one of the dead killers last night, don't claim yet. You'll just be killed tonight as confirmed town.

Right?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Krazy wrote:And who Iaaun hid behind is sort of irrelevant

What?

If the hider tracker shows up with a name other than Q or CS, we have confirmed scum. How in the world is that irrelevant?

I need to re-read with these flips in mind, but I'll VOTE: Krazy for now. In his first post of the day he starts guessing at the night actions, including who iam hid behind. Then he says it doesn't matter who iam hid behind. Then he says he doesn't even know how the hiding mechanic works. Something is screwy here. Right now the scum are shitting their pants wondering if one of them is caught. Obviously, they're going to do everything they can to stop the hider tracker from claiming today. I read Krazy's play as scum trying to stop discussion on the hider's target before it begins.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Krazy »

Umbrage wrote: If the hider tracker shows up with a name other than Q or CS, we have confirmed scum. How in the world is that irrelevant?

That was while I was assuming the death had to be behind someone who was shot, not just any scum. As I said, I forgot the mechanics and you should just ignore that post. But do as you please.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Krazy »

Umbrage wrote:I read Krazy's play as scum trying to stop discussion on the hider's target before it begins.

Really though, if the Hider Tracker tracked Iam to someone other than Q or CS, by the end of the day they're going to out that information. I don't see how some waffling about the rules at the beginning of the day is going to prevent that, so from my point of view, this is a pretty silly reason to vote me. But if you want to put your vote somewhere while you reread, be my guest.
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Ythan »

In games with powerroles, ie where good posting and smart play is often insufficient to avoid suspicion, scum must sometimes post suboptimally. That it would not be smart does not mean scum would not do it.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Krazy »

Ythan you haven't really commented on the flips yet, are you rereading or what?
vote conspiracy
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Ythan »