Vote Count 1.2
lynchking1Lucresia
Lucresia4DeathRowKittyErratus ApathosRangeroftheNorthValern
Erratus Apathos2AMPICEninja
Peabody1Pine
Pine1Romanus
Spoiler: more info
Not voting: lynchking, Trendall, Peabody
With 12 living players, a majority consists of 7 votes.
The current deadline is Apr 8 17:30.
Last edited by Fenhl on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mini Normal 1145 ÔÇö Plain Mafia: No replacements needed. If you want me to notify you when a replacement is needed, PM me!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by ICEninja »

DRK wrote: You know what else changed? The game environment.
Perhaps. I don't see how it would have changed sufficiently to alter his answers so dramatically, however.

That being said, I see your reasons for voting Lucresia, and they're fairly sound for page 2.
Erratus wrote: Okay Columbo, what's my motive for lying then?
I don't know. Perhaps you'd want to be treated differently?
Erratus wrote: My ability to take that sort of shit seriously ran out. That's what changed.
Oh my. You've gotten grumpier since 1133. Funny, I remember you being such a positive force for town fairly quickly there. I'm not seeing it here quite so much, save maybe in 43. This, in particular, I agree with:
Erratus wrote: The accusation that DRK is hiding something is ridiculous. DRK puts up the first case of the game, that means he's hiding something? Poor deflection here.
One thing additionally that I noticed from Lucretia is this:
Lucretia wrote: I answered the questions from ICE because although it isn't useful in my opinion, I have nothing to hide or harm by answering it.
I feel like this is more about trying to look town than anything else. Suspicious.

I'm considering joining the Lucretia wagon. I'll need to see how she responds to it.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by Romanus »

I'm still getting scum off of Pine. His last post was very weak.

I'm not feeling this Lucretia wagon.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:57 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

ICEninja wrote:
Erratus wrote: Okay Columbo, what's my motive for lying then?
I don't know. Perhaps you'd want to be treated differently?
Erratus wrote: My ability to take that sort of shit seriously ran out. That's what changed.
Oh my. You've gotten grumpier since 1133. Funny, I remember you being such a positive force for town fairly quickly there. I'm not seeing it here quite so much, save maybe in 43.
That's not grumpy, that's snarky. And you know what I remember about mini 1133? I remember it
being an ongoing game.
:igmeou:

Looking through my iso, I would say I became a positive force in this game a lot quicker than I usually do.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Fenhl
Fenhl
Goon
Fenhl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Fenhl »

@ICEninja, Erratus Apathos:
lewarcher82 says please immediately stop talking about Mafia in Venice in this game.
Mini Normal 1145 ÔÇö Plain Mafia: No replacements needed. If you want me to notify you when a replacement is needed, PM me!
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:58 am

Post by ICEninja »

In reading everything Pine has posted, only 1 thing really jumped out at me:
Pine wrote: I noticed this too. Already had a quick post typed up when I noticed we were already on page 2. I've gotta stop relying on the "Go to first unread post" button. I miss new pages all the time.
He seems to try really hard to make it look like he's not sheeping. Doesn't seem like town would worry so much about that.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Pine »

Alternatively, that's exactly what happened.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Pine »

^The quote, not your Occam's Razor-defying explanation.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:21 am

Post by ICEninja »

Pine wrote: Occam's Razor-defying explanation.
The most likely thing for someone to do in a situation like that doesn't involve explaining away why they made a similar comment after someone. Town doesn't need to explain that. Therefore, it is not defying Occam's Razor at all to suggest that someone who went through the trouble to explain that probably had a reason to beyond it just happening.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Pine »

Alternatively, I could have meant precisely what I said.

Oh hey! That's what happened! I was commenting on irony, Ice.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by ICEninja »

That possibility had entered my thoughts. Notice that my vote is not on you. I'll have a look at your meta sometime to see how concerned you are with appearance as town.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Pine »

To say I've been accused of oversensitivity would be an understatement.

*cough*

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Peabody »

I'm still stumped at why Erratus called me 'nervous scum' after my first post. The reasoning behind the accusation is not immediately obvious to me, and I would really like to understand the nature of the accusation. Then, I can answer the accusation accordingly. Pine agreed with Erratus in post 27, so obviously they are seeing something I am not.

I liked Pine's noted observation of Ranger's strange and out of place question to Erratus. I'd like to see Ranger's response to Pine in his next post. The question floating through my mind is whether he was serious.

Speaking of Pine, I was wary of his response to Romanus' vote on him. Romanus' accusation was that Pine was jumping to the bandwagon of greatest ease, and that accusation seems to ring true even more as Pine said he likes the Lucresia wagon. Also, Pine mentioned keeping his vote on me for pressure:
1) What pressure do you plan to accumulate? Your vote was the only vote against me at the time of this post.
2) Could it be that Pine is afraid for some reason to switch his vote to Lucresia? Maybe Romanus' vote is causing him to be nervous about jumping onto another bandwagon?

Also, off-topic but how do you link to posts? I forgot the code for that. I like to use links in longer posts.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Pine »

Oh hey! WIFOM from Peabody! I switch my vote to Lucresia, it's wagon-jumping. I keep it on him, and I'm nervous scum.

I said pressure on you because, quite frankly, I wasn't keeping track of the votes well enough and didn't realize I was the only one left. Also because the suspicion slipped off of you very quickly, and I don't think you were scrutinized carefully enough.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

Peabody wrote:I liked Pine's noted observation of Ranger's strange and out of place question to Erratus. I'd like to see Ranger's response to Pine in his next post. The question floating through my mind is whether he was serious.
There's really not much to explain. I initially read the post wrong, and it seemed scummy. Then I read it again, realized a second, more reasonable interpretation. Asking the question was probably unnecessary, but I asked it impulsively.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Pine »

@Ranger-The fact that you didn't take offense to the way I criticized the relevant post made me realize I was pretty damn rude in pointing it out. My apologies. I'm in a number of extremely...contentious...games, where that kind of viciousness is more or less necessary for survival.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Ranger's question was asking for clarification. I understood what Erratus was saying, but realize how it could be taken in different ways.

Pine, there are some very unpleasant MSers, but most of the games I've experienced have been quite civilized. Let's try to keep this one civilized, as well.

Peabody, did you suspect that Ranger's question could somehow have been a scum tell?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Peabody wrote:I'm still stumped at why Erratus called me 'nervous scum' after my first post. The reasoning behind the accusation is not immediately obvious to me, and I would really like to understand the nature of the accusation. Then, I can answer the accusation accordingly. Pine agreed with Erratus in post 27, so obviously they are seeing something I am not.
Your post about AMP's random vote was rather waffly, which is often an indicator of scum uncertain if it's a safe attack or not.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:04 am

Post by Valern »

I wouldn't find RotN's question suspicious for any reason other than it seems like the kind of question scum would ask in order to look like they were doing something without actually
doing
anything. And there's quite a bit of fluff going on in his iso so far, but I think that's probably due to him actually being around during early RVS.

Verdict: Null for now, but scummy if it becomes a part of a larger pattern.
l'enfer, c'est les autres
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:40 am

Post by ICEninja »

There are quite a few people not posting as much as they should be.

Valern, is that all you have to comment on? That question was definitely not one of the more interesting things that have happened so far this game. Especially considering how what you don't like about it is that he's looking like he's doing something without actually doing anything. Pot, kettle?

Trendall hasn't read the thread or posted any content yet. Hopefully his V/LA will be up before long.

Romanus hasn't really done anything except poke at Pine with little or bad reasoning. Not liking that so much.

AMP likewise hasn't really contributed content at all. What has struck you as most interesting so far?
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Valern »

That's not my only post, you know. <.< I've already commented on what I find most interesting, but until there are more posts from Luc there's nothing more for me to say on that front. I try to keep a high content:post ratio. I'm not going to say anything unless I think it's worth saying; anything more is anti-town.

Do you find people who don't post much to be scummy, ICE? (Don't go on a theory rant, please, a few sentences are ample enough.)

I find Romanus' posting to be rather satisfactory thus far. To me it's all about what you say (or don't say), not how many posts/words you use to say it, and I agree with his read on Pine.

I cannot, off the top of my head, remember a damn thing AMP has said, which is probably a bad sign.
l'enfer, c'est les autres
AMP
AMP
Townie
AMP
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by AMP »

Oh right, I'm playing in this game, it completely slipped my mind, reading now and I'll give my opinions, sorry guys
AMP
AMP
Townie
AMP
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by AMP »

So things that struck me as I read the thread
ICEninja wrote:
He is lying right now in response to question number 2. Townies don't need to lie.

Do you subscribe to LaL then? Is there ever a time where a townie lying is justified?
I personally don't lie, almost ever, but there are times when it is in the benefit of the town to lie, (e.g. a single shot vig claiming compulsive to attract a scum shot)
DeathRowKitty wrote:Oh, and I forgot to comment on the third thing in the list:

That's just the "congratulating the doctor" tell in a slightly different form. Instead of "doctor saved us!", it was "luck saved us!" Scummy in that regard, plus not something I would expect a town player to be thinking about.
I don't buy into this as a scum tell, sorry, its pretty outdated and I dont see a single off hand comment as inherently scummy. The only point I see as having any merits in your argument is the fact that Lucresia answers the questions while doubting their usefulness, townies don't do things (or shouldn't do things) they dont consider conducive to a town victory

However her OMGUS vote is really, really damn fishy, and makes my scumdar tick, I can see why people started putting pressure on her. I don't know whether I need to put pressure on her or not, you guys seem to be doing a fine damn job of it

Also the whole thing with Pine seems to me to be a waste of time, not scummy, but a waste, we are all friends here, we are here to play mafia and kill scum, no need to get defensive.
Valern wrote:That's not my only post, you know. <.< I've already commented on what I find most interesting, but until there are more posts from Luc there's nothing more for me to say on that front. I try to keep a high content:post ratio. I'm not going to say anything unless I think it's worth saying; anything more is anti-town.
is one of the most true statements I have seen in a while, large content-less posts are the hallmark of scummy play.

and yeah, sorry for forgetting about this game guys, its been an...interesting... week to say the least.
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Zodiark13 »

DRK, Lucresia, and Trendall have been prooded.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

/prodded

Sorry about that. Been playing marathon games and didn't realize I hadn't posted here. Will post later tonight (when marathon games are over)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”