Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:06 pm

Post by Leonidas »

My problem: you hid with Corsato last night, and yet you defended another player earlier today.

Plus, there is this:
massive wrote: Also, it's awful convenient that Nanook managed to "live" in the only district of the game that's been revealed so far: The Harbor.

unvote: massive
vote: Nanook

Sorry if we're wrong, Nanook :P
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:12 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

I’m satisfied enough w/ wolfie’s knowledge, but find some parts suspicious as shelper does.
unvote: NTW

Locus Cosecant wrote: Why is his location relevant to anything?
vote: Locus Cosecant
if you don't know about living districts, then I doubt you're town.
I do agree w/ you about IS though. His posting style doesn’t add to the content of the game. He shifts the emotional tide, but not always the intellectual tide (reasoning that is). Not trying to hurt your feelings IS :wink:
Not sure what to think of Dodgy yet.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:51 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

big_kahunia wrote:
vote: Locus Cosecant
I know about the districts. I just fail to see how they are relevant to the town. You would
know
this if you had read my post about them closely. I don't see how it helps the town to tell where they live.

Oh, and just to keep me from distracting you from finding actual scum, I can claim my location, if you want. Just to lay to rest the idea that I don't know about the districts, I will. I don't think it's helpful to the town, but if the general consensus is that I should location-claim, who am I to stand against the town?

Either way, though, b_k, your vote against me was pure crap, so either back it up with reasonableness, or unvote me.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:18 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

One question Nanook. When I've played in games with a coward role, the coward would also die if he/she hid with the mafia. Does your role say whether or not this would occur?
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:18 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Vote Count

NanookTheWolf
(massive, Flying Dutchman, Internet Stranger, Leonidas)
Internet Stranger
(Corsato, Locus Cosecant)
massive
(shelper)
big_kahunia
(Yggdrasil)
Yggdrasil
(NanookTheWolf)
Locus Cosecant
(big_kahunia)

11 alive,
6 to lynch
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:37 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I'm happy with my vote on Nanook, he doesn't sound convincing and I don't want to risk to reveal cops or docs with more random day 1-bandwagons.....
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:44 am

Post by shelper »

Also, it's awful convenient that Nanook managed to "live" in the only district of the game that's been revealed so far: The Harbor.

The mod said Fuldu could go to one of the three districts and watch for suspicious people. Three is not a lot of districts, there's a 1 in three chance that nanook does indeed live there. I don't think we should rely that heavily on district-claims.
[size=75][i]No, Im a rebel! You cant bully me into doing things I dont want to![/i] -VisMaior [/size]
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:27 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Nanook wrote:I am a coward ... Each night I can choose to hide behind someone at night in order to protect myself from being killed, but if the person that I hide behind is targetted by the mafia then I too will be killed.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:58 pm

Post by Dodgy »

big kahunia wrote
No offence but what a crock of ****
Kerplunk stated that people with no night choices had their location stated in their pvt message. Night choices does not mean that you are scum and does not mean that you are not town.
Vote: big kahunia
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:22 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Actually, I would tend to agree that all the townies would know about the districtness. I find it kind of suspicious that you disagree with that theory. Perhaps you did not recieve any information about locationage, because you're scum, and thus you want to defeat the idea of the importance of districts before you're forced to reveal that you have no clue.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:23 pm

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Actually, I would tend to agree that all the townies would know about the districtness. I find it kind of suspicious that you disagree with that theory. Perhaps you did not recieve any information about locationage, because you're scum, and thus you want to defeat the idea of the importance of districts before you're forced to reveal that you have no clue.
Show
[size=75]Stats:
Pro-Town: 14 of 17 games
Doctor: 3 of 17 games
Cop: 2 of 17 games
Wins: 12 of 17 games
Lynched Scum: 16 of 27 lynches
Vig-killed Scum: 1 of 1 vig-kills
Survived/NightKilled/Lynched: 5/11/1 games
[/size]
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:34 pm

Post by Dodgy »

Was that aimed at me Locus?
I was simply pointing out that kerplunk ONLY stated that people with NO night choices would have their location included.
People with night choices may have had it included too but kerplunk has at NO TIME stated this.
If it scares you, close your eyes, it might just disappear but don't scream, cos no one can hear!
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:26 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Leonidas wrote:My problem: you hid with Corsato last night, and yet you defended another player earlier today.
And my problem is that you guys keep repeating that I was defending BK ... Ok sure I was, but I was more focused on defending the fact that he beleived that the stabbing was done by an sk. I'm sorry, but I don't think that that deserves a vote, and the way Massive pressed him about it made me think Massive was scum and bk was town. So of course I am going to try and protect someone that I think is innocent. That is the point of the game right, for the your side to win, and if that means that I have got to try and help someone that I think is town then so be it.

Another thing too, I have 4 votes on me, and honestly I don't even know why I claimed. I never really went back to see who was voting me, but come to find out currently 2 people on my wagon didn't even state any reason as to why they voted me.

FD used his usual shameless bandwagon technique, and IS just wants everybody to be lynched. Massive and Leonidas are the only current ones on the wagon that actually have reasoning for their votes.

I don't know what more I could tell you guys that is going to make you believe me. I'm sorry if the harbor is the district that I suggested as being where I go when I'm not hiding, but that is the truth. Not only that, but I didn't even know that a district had been mentioned until after that accusal.

Leonidas, just because I hid behind Corsato last night doesn't mean that I think that he is town, and in fact I don't even know if he's posted yet. I only hid behind him cause I figured that he would get protection.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:56 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Locus Cosecant wrote:
big_kahunia wrote:
vote: Locus Cosecant* if you don't know about living districts, then I doubt you're town.
I know about the districts. I just fail to see how they are relevant to the town. You would
know
this if you had read my post about them closely. I don't see how it helps the town to tell where they live.

Oh, and just to keep me from distracting you from finding actual scum, I can claim my location, if you want. Just to lay to rest the idea that I don't know about the districts, I will. I don't think it's helpful to the town, but if the general consensus is that I should location-claim, who am I to stand against the town?

Either way, though, b_k, your vote against me was pure crap, so either back it up with reasonableness, or unvote me.
I believe the place of residency is important to the town because of the nature of role pms. A role pm is usually designed in three parts: 1) What one’s role is. Ex: townie, etc…, 2) What one’s role can do w/ flavor: you are the run of the mill townie, you have no night choices, 3) one’s win condition: you win when all the baddies are gone.
In Kerplunk’s version as he outlined in the first post, the first two are pretty much the same as a general role pm. He does something different w/ the win condition. Instead of saying “you win when all the baddies are gone”, he says what district you live in. So I see that what district one lives in is one’s win condition. So when you [Locus Cosecant] ask why a location is relevant, this sets off flags to me as it appears to be the win condition. Hence my vote on you.
Dodgy wrote:big kahunia wrote
No offence but what a crock of ****
Kerplunk stated that people with no night choices had their location stated in their pvt message. Night choices does not mean that you are scum and does not mean that you are not town.
Vote: big kahunia*
What do night choices have to do with anything? I didn’t said anything about night choices.
Fos: Dodgy

* = unbolden votes
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:25 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

So are we lynching him or not?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:31 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

big_kahunia wrote: In Kerplunk’s version as he outlined in the first post, the first two are pretty much the same as a general role pm. He does something different w/ the win condition. Instead of saying “you win when all the baddies are gone”, he says what district you live in. So I see that what district one lives in is one’s win condition. So when you [Locus Cosecant] ask why a location is relevant, this sets off flags to me as it appears to be the win condition. Hence my vote on you.
unvote Internet Stranger, vote big_kahunia
The district you live in is the win condition? Someone here is displaying ignorance about what a pro-town role pm looks like, and here's a hint: it isn't me.

Sorry to disappoint you, Internet Stranger. I
would
dearly like to lynch you, but, you know, I'd rather lynch someone who demonstrates his scumminess, rather than one who camouflages it under an affected bloodthirst.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:32 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

big_kahunia wrote: In Kerplunk’s version as he outlined in the first post, the first two are pretty much the same as a general role pm. He does something different w/ the win condition. Instead of saying “you win when all the baddies are gone”, he says what district you live in. So I see that what district one lives in is one’s win condition. So when you [Locus Cosecant] ask why a location is relevant, this sets off flags to me as it appears to be the win condition. Hence my vote on you.
unvote Internet Stranger, vote big_kahunia
The district you live in is the win condition? Someone here is displaying ignorance about what a pro-town role pm looks like, and here's a hint: it isn't me.

Sorry to disappoint you, Internet Stranger. I
would
dearly like to lynch you, but, you know, I'd rather lynch someone who demonstrates his scumminess, rather than one who camouflages it under an affected bloodthirst.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:44 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Locus Cosecant wrote:Someone here is displaying ignorance about what a pro-town role pm looks like, and here's a hint: it isn't me.
How am I displaying ignorance about what pms look like? My general one is how most of the pms I've received from games here have followed.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:12 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

big_kahunia wrote:
Locus Cosecant wrote:Someone here is displaying ignorance about what a pro-town role pm looks like, and here's a hint: it isn't me.
How am I displaying ignorance about what pms look like? My general one is how most of the pms I've received from games here have followed.
For this game, I mean. I'm sure you've recieved pro-town role pms in the past, but you sound like you didn't recieve one for this game.
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:33 am

Post by Dodgy »

big kahunia, I don't think you are understanding this very well mate!
big kahunia wrote
You were implying in that statement that NON townies did not get a statement in their pvt message from kerplunk to say where they lived.
I was pointing out to you that Kerplunk has made no such statement to that effect.
Kerplunk said that if you had no night choices, you also recieved your location.
He did NOT say that people with night choices did or didnt recieve their location, so your statement above is FALSE!
Now, whether everyone or just some of us recieved our locations is another matter but you are making false statements and for this, I think you are scum and have voted for you!
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:50 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Statement: If you have no night choices, you have received a location.
Logical Equivalent: If you have not received a location, you have a night choice.

We can't tell a thing from this about the location receiving of non-townies.
Locus Cosecant
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Locus Cosecant
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:32 am

Post by Locus Cosecant »

Flying Dutchman wrote:We can't tell a thing from this about the location receiving of non-townies.
I would
guess
, though, that it's the people who aren't a part of this town that would not live in this town and would therefore not know their way around the town.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:20 am

Post by Corsato »

I agree with FD, we can't draw any definitive conclusion from Kerplunk's message.
I find it likely that everyone has a location, and that the location might be of some meaning. Problem is I can't think of anything besides roles being limited by their location (or their target's)
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:59 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Dodgy wrote:big kahunia, I don't think you are understanding this very well mate!
big kahunia wrote
You were implying in that statement that NON townies did not get a statement in their pvt message from kerplunk to say where they lived.
I was pointing out to you that Kerplunk has made no such statement to that effect.
Kerplunk said that if you had no night choices, you also recieved your location.
He did NOT say that people with night choices did or didnt recieve their location, so your statement above is FALSE!
Now, whether everyone or just some of us recieved our locations is another matter but you are making false statements and for this, I think you are scum and have voted for you!
Ah. Now, I see what you all are saying. Thank you Dodgy for bringing it to my attention. I do believe everyone, whether they have a night choice or not, received a living district in their pm, but with a varied location. My main thought, which I didn’t clarify when I initially voted LC, is that all the scum may be living in
one
district. So that if he didn’t know about the importance of living districts, that is why I doubted he was town. So in essence I voted him based on my theory, which I forgot to post. Sorry to be so unclear in my earlier posts (hopefully I'm clear in this one).
Dodgy
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Dodgy
Gives MeMe the willies
Gives MeMe the willies

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:25 pm

Post by Dodgy »

Ok, so on that basis, I say we should reveal where we live.
I have nothing to hide, I live nearby the university. Thats how it was exactly put.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”