Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:54 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Hey, I'm back! I've started to read, but I'm not quite finished yet. Expect a post in this and any other games tomorrow.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:07 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I agree that the neck-snapper is probably the trolls, and the scimitar is the goblins (and wargs?). I've never played in a game this large before, but with Smaug dead of a lightning bolt, *and* managing to kill a troll, that makes 4 killing groups, with one maybe being "good". What are our percentages going to be like with a game this size? 9 evil, 20 good? Here's a stab at it:

Good: 13 dwarves (townies), Elrond, Gandalf, Bilbo, Bard (if there's Smaug, there's Bard) and maybe some Lakemen, or some elves of Rivendell, maybe Beorn...
Evil: Smaug, three trolls, several (four?) goblins, and Gollum?

Gollum might be a one-shot SK, only if he finds/kills Bilbo. Smaug we know... Bard could be a one-shot Vig on Smaug, only after he finds Bilbo and/or Bilbo reveals himself...either way he's probably just a townie now. Thorin Oakenshield might not be just a townie... Gandalf as a cop/doc? Bilbo, I dunno, if he's got the ring maybe some sort of cop role...

Lacking any better ideas yet, let's
Vote: Korais666
for clearly being eeeeevil.
Retired as of October 2014.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:46 pm

Post by Corsato »

What are our percentages going to be like with a game this size? 9 evil, 20 good? Here's a stab at it:
That's hard to say. Unlike a game with a single mafia group with a clear target (killing everyone) this game has multiple killing groups. This means te scum groups have to look out for eachother as well.

About the setup you describe, it could be correct/ The future will tell.
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:19 pm

Post by jediknight »

Hey there everyone...the next two weeks are gonna be dicey for me but I am going to weather through. I will be leaving for a leadership camp starting this thursday and will be gone for one week...

I could see Gollum being in some sort of cop role... I mean he WAS evil to Bilbo but he spent most of his time watching (and avoiding) the comings and goings of the goblins. HE DOES pick off the stray goblins for food. :? Maybe if Bilbo finds him then Gollum loses his abilities and Bilbo gains them? A cool way to bring the ring in to be sure. But its only a thought! The neck wringing also makes sense... All in all this is shaping up to be an interesting game!

BTW
Random Vote: Argoti
for thinking that "Gollum didn't do much!!" If it weren't for the riddle game and gollum Bilbo wouldn't have gotten out of the cave and saved the dwarves...or dwarvsessss...as Gollum might have said!
And I'm spent...
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:04 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I don't think all 13 dwarves will be townies, masons are well possible, and there are several dwarves (like Thorin) that can easily be a cop or doc.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:41 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

The only thing I can add right now is that I agree that there is most likely two scum families. I excpect a small mason group as well.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:04 am

Post by Narninian »

I agree, all 13 dwarves are likely not townies.. not much time to read now, will catch up later
The extra in is for /in
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:08 am

Post by Rick »

Just got back from a weekend break. Will read through and post something more substantive tomorrow.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:30 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I just got an idea, all the dwarves whose names rhyme could know eachother.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:27 pm

Post by Yaw »

I just got a better idea, let's hunt scum! :P

Unvote: Shivan_Dragon
Vote: jediknight
for Gollum apologetics.

Let's start with the voting and bandwagoning.
Success breeds suspicion
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:24 pm

Post by jediknight »

Apologeticssss? We doesn't knowww whatssss you'ssss sssaaayin prescioussss..... No we don'tssss... GOLLUM GOLLUM...

Before you start taking this as a role claim be advised that this is totally tongue in cheek and for fun! I do a mean gollum impression but its more Return of the King than The Hobbit. Don't be looking to me to be your Smeagol...hmm....sounds like a Weird Al version of Hero.

unvote: Argoti

vote: Lord Gurgi
cause that post about the dwarves makes no sense to me... :?
I just got an idea, all the dwarves whose names rhyme could know eachother.
And I'm spent...
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:29 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

If you don;t understand say Dori and Nori would know eachother or is rhyming too hard? :roll:
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:42 pm

Post by jediknight »

Nah...I understand that part...just not sure how it fits!
And I'm spent...
drummer97531
drummer97531
Goon
drummer97531
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:57 pm

Post by drummer97531 »

I think that's pretty likely. If there are masons, that would fit. Perhaps Gollum can send a riddle to somebody each night. They answer wrong, they die, they answer right, they live. Just a thought.

random vote:Argoti
I guess since I'm not listed under the vote count, I haven't voted yet. Just helping with a random bandwagon(Gollum was in every movie/book in Lord of the Rings). I would put a random Gollum quote here, but I don't want to get lynched along with JediKnight.
"Okay, that wasn't [i]completely[/i] true."
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:50 pm

Post by Corsato »

A random bandwagon? You can hardly call one vote a bandwagon....
jediknight wrote:BTW Random Vote: Argoti for thinking that "Gollum didn't do much!!"
jediknight wrote:vote: Lord Gurgi cause that post about the dwarves makes no sense to me...
Vote: jediknight
. Your reasoning for voting are very strange, and not at all random.
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:33 pm

Post by MMCL »

I think the suggestion that the 13 dwarves - whose name rhyme in groups of 2 or 3 - could be related in some way, is possible... and it is most likely IMHO that they are all townies (I don't see how you could split them into townies and a scum group purely based on the events of TH).
I had a think of how I would set this game up and it is what I would most likely do - maybe make a couple of small mason groups amongst the dwarves whose names rhyme?
Also, I suppose, the likelihood that there are 'sibling' pairs amongst the group is high.

I don't think JK needs a vote for it, so I will
FOS: jediknight
for good measure for his comments about GOLLUM.

Bilbo was hired for the story as a burglar - I think he is very likely to be a thief character who can investigate one player each night and find out what they are carrying (eg their item incriminates mafia).
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:00 pm

Post by jediknight »

Well Corsato... I'll address your comments and perhaps shed some light on my thoughts. And perhaps stimulate some discussion!

I never said anything about a bandwagon... Drummer was the one that mentioned that and I believe it was tongue in cheek. Perhaps Drummer can shed some light on why he felt it necessary to use me and bandwagon in the same sentence.

My first vote of Argoti is random because it didn't have alot of bite behind it. Do you honestly think I would base a serious vote on a comment about Gollum not doing much??? I was being funny with my Gollum comments. I play this game to have fun. Doesn't everyone? It's my personality... :lol: But it WOULD be a good way to get the ring in the game...have Gollum being a cop, paranoid, insane or otherwise, and when/if Bilbo finds him Gollum loses his night choice which fits into MMCLs thoughts...

As for the comment that appears to be getting the most interest, I truly did not see why the rhyming would be important. I might have worded it poorly at the time which I do apologize for but that's the reasoning. After it's discussed it makes much more sense although I still think the dwarves (minus Thorin?) are townies. :idea: Thorin's a mason!!! What does everyone think about that possibility? He did recruit all the dwarves for the quest! And don't forget that a Necromancer was mentioned in the book. Which is Sauron BTW, lightning bolts anyone?

And Corsato...as for your last comment...I never said that my second vote was random. I honestly felt at the time that Lord Gurgi was trying to cloud the issue...apparently I was the only one! :oops:
And I'm spent...
Rick
Rick
Goon
Rick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:41 am

Post by Rick »

After my first read through here is something more substantive, (sorry for coming into the discussion late but here are my thoughts on the night kills):
Yes a very good night with Smaug (SK) burning Bert the Troll. Plus Smaug being killed,
seemingly
hit by a lightening bolt.

So who did the Trolls kill? I would say it was probably the Trolls who snapped Nori’s neck as they do grab people by the necks (just a guess, perhaps it is Gollum). And as for the scimitar yes that does sound like Goblins:
and William [troll] turned round at once and grabbed Bilbo by the neck
goblins of huge size with scimitars of steel.
And Gandalf does kill using a flash like lightning. I would guess (emphasis on guess) that Gandalf probably investigates and immediately kills if he finds baddies.
and when goblins came to grab him[Gandalf], there was a terrible flash like lightning in the cave, a smell like gunpowder, and several of them fell dead.
OK now to hunt scum. Well the best I have to go on is what MMCL picked up:
MMCL wrote:Am I reading to much into this:
IS wrote:Like any night 1, we are better just just picking someone at random and killing them dead.
Saying night 1 instead of day 1 is one thing... as is using the term kill instead of lynch... but both together?
I don’t think you are reading too much into this and on what has been said so far, it probably is the most suspicious. One too many slips here.
So
Vote: Internet Stranger

= = = =

One more thing,
Mod
, please can we have vote counts in-thread, it just makes the voting pattern a lot easier to follow.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:56 am

What a load of crap, you people are clutching at straws again on a Day 1.

Your evil people are either Coolbot or Korais.

Unvote: Dragonmaster
Vote: Korais

And someone do something about lurkers. If you people want to have some silly vendetta, pick a lurker, not me.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:21 am

Post by mikehart »

Vote Count

jediknight
(2) -
Yaw, Corsato

Flying Dutchman
(2) -
Lord Gurgi, Murk

Lord Gurgi
(2) -
Flying Dutchman, jediknight

Yaw
(1) -
korais666

korais666
(2) -
Tigris, Mr. Flay

Argoti
(1) -
drummer97531

Internet Stranger
(1) -
Rick

Korais
(1) -
Internet Stranger

An updated Vote Count will stay on the front page to make it easier to find.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:24 am

I didnt realize Korais already had votes on him. I will go with Coolbot instead.

Unvote: Korais
Vote Coolbot
Show

CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:59 am

Post by CoolBot »

jediknight wrote:have Gollum being a cop, paranoid, insane or otherwise,
Again, you're trying to minimize Gollum's chances of being evil. If he is in the game, I think he's very likely some brand of scum, and your repeated suggestions otherwise do not impress me.
vote: jediknight

We may not even have all 13 dwarves in the game. And the "rhyming mason" theory seems arbitrary to me; I certainly wouldn't put any stock into it until we have a bit of evidence supporting it.
Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:31 am

Post by Jaylen »

Sorry, I've been busy, so this is my first post today...

Firstly I like the amount of information we have gained from the overnight kills, and I too am happy Smaug has gone :) I'm not sure what to think about Gandalf being a bad guy, I'm with Tigris on this, I think there is a good chance we have a new player in a new (to him) role as Vig.

I'm suspicious of JediKnight, for the reasons CoolBot stated; I also dislike the way he seems to be taking ideas from the air and stating them as near fact.

So, until I've had time to re-read the thread again, I too am happy to
Vote: Jediknight
"Marijuana inflames the erotic impulses and leads to revolting sex crimes" Daily Mirror (1924)
MMCL
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
MMCL
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:57 am

Post by MMCL »

I'm torn between the JediKnight bandwagon that has started rolling and voting for IS.. Need to re-read it all and make a decision I guess!
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:05 am

Post by Yaw »

Agreed. Now, I did start the jediknight-wagon, and unlike what IS claimed, it was
not
clutching at straws. We need a wagon of some sort to start this day going, and I'll take any semi-reasonable excuse I can find to start the first one off. Now we can start to actually analyze voting patterns.

Check out IS's last two posts, though.
Internet Stranger wrote:Your evil people are either Coolbot or Korais.
Internet Stranger wrote:I didnt realize Korais already had votes on him. I will go with Coolbot instead.
So, you're sure enough Korais is scum that you put it in such blatant terms, yet you have a problem with being the third vote on him of 13 to lynch?! Looks to me like you're not particularly eager to actually lynch scum here, IS.
FOS: Internet Stranger
Success breeds suspicion

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”