Jaylen
Jaylen
Townie
Jaylen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:25 am

Post by Jaylen »

Will this be the first ever flawless victory, with only badguys ever lynched? :D
"Marijuana inflames the erotic impulses and leads to revolting sex crimes" Daily Mirror (1924)
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:12 am

Post by Yaw »

Even if it is, in this case I'm not sure it's something to be proud of... :|
Success breeds suspicion
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:20 am

Post by mikehart »

Ygg is lynched. Yes he was a spider

Night 9
just get em to me. like it matters.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:31 pm

Post by mikehart »

Game Over

MMCL was shot with a bow and arrow. He was the Great Goblin.

Roles can be found at http://www.geocities.com/mikehart526/Roles.html

A few triggers:

If Bilbo stole from Gollum he would recieve the ring and gain the ability to protect himslef at night or steal.

If Bilbo was attacked while using the ring he would observe his attackers.

Bilbo always had a 1% chance of protection and 99% chance of choice going through even if the ring was not used.

If anyone investigated or protected Gandalf he would learn of it and who had done it. This would not prevent the action.

If Gollum was lynched the ring would have a 50/50 chance of being lost or found by the lynching vote.

I apologize to all for a very broken game. However, alot of this was luck. For instance the night Bilbo recieved the ring he got the 99% chance of dieing in an attack. Someone attacked him and he happened to pull the 1% outa his ass.
Last edited by mikehart on Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:01 pm

Post by jeep »

Gandalf: WOW! That is a strong role.
Trolls: Weak mafia? Hmm...
Gollum: I like the SK getting the extra ability...
Boern: Wow!
Bard: OUCH! Being a SK is hard enough.

With 5 evil "groups" and some super strong town, the SKs had no chance. Where is the 1% thing in the role description? Personally, I think that random roles like that have no good place in mafia. I know some disagree with me.

-JEEP
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:04 pm

Post by Yaw »

Ok, I'm going to list some things I noticed, mostly because I think having these pointed out will help you set up games better in the future.

1 - Worst problem here, we were playing a very large version of Lion King Mafia. What I mean by that is that there were no safe claims for the scum to make, and every claim made by a townie was automatically accepted as legitimate. This is bad because a mass roleclaim could have ended the game in favour of the town day 1. You need to allow some spaces where scum can make legitimate roleclaims (by leaving out some of the dwarves for instance -- you don't need all 13). You also need to give out some town roles that aren't automatic (random eagles or elves, for example).

2 - Too many super roles. Sure Gandalf was very powerful in the book, but giving him the ability to do
anything
just unbalances the game in favour of the town. Roles have to make sense within the game context first.

3 - Bulletproof roles. One bulletproof role is usually too much.
Two
is absurd, especially when they have powers in addition to being bulletproof. The danger here is that you're assigning roles randomly. What if Jeep had gotten Beorn? The game would have been the town's before night 1 even began.

4 - Never allow me near a role that needs luck. See Mini 112. Freaky things will happen with probabilities to get me to stay alive. 8)

5 - If the scum didn't stand a chance overall because of 1, the trolls certainly didn't stand a chance. Weakening scum against a very powerful town really hurts the balance.

6 - I'm not a fan of the passive investigation thing (Bilbo with ring and Beorn as man). It meant it was possible to figure out scum without actually involving any skill. The game should be determined by the skill of the players as much as possible, not if people hit a random land mine.

Hopefully that's most of it...
Success breeds suspicion
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:18 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

I like vigilante roles, I gots me a Smaug =0)

I knew MMCL was evil the night I got killed. I knew Yaw was my little Bilbo sidekick for a while too.

Bastard spiders, I got your names now!
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:12 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Gandalf was WAY overpowered, and I wasn't just a cop, but I found out rolenames. Nice game, but I think it was swayed to the town all along.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:27 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

Monkey Island Mafia (MS) was a flawless town victory; so were Groza Classic II, Fantasy Mafia, and Magic The Gatherig Mafia (all GL).
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:19 am

ralphmerridew wrote:(all GL).
Those don't count for scummies! :D
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:43 am

Post by Phoebus »

Should broken games count?
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:30 am

Post by mikehart »

once again all i apologize for my mistakes in making this game. i forgot a trigger. if two of the Trolls chose the same kill they would be able to comunicate and the two choices would have a 50% chance of going through. if all three chose the same target they would become normal mafia with 100% kill rate. but the reason i had quite a few of stong townies was because of the many evils, i mean three groups, and two SKs is kinda alot of evil. but like Yaw said there were few safe claims for scum. personally i woulda claimed an eagle or just an elf or one of Dains people or a human from the river village. but thats just me.

Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:46 am

You don't have to apologize three times, Mikehart, I loved the game nonetheless! :)
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:47 am

Post by shelper »

I considered that for a bit, but then decided against it because every person up to that point had a name to go along with the role.
To simply make up "i'm george the elf, pro-town" would have gotten me killed even sooner i imagine.
The one thing that worried me about the roac claim is that it was semi-claimed by lulu before. Since uraj didn't seem the bit surprised a player just claimed *his* role i figured the town would easily catch on to that and lynch me.
Turned out they didn't even need that...
[size=75][i]No, Im a rebel! You cant bully me into doing things I dont want to![/i] -VisMaior [/size]
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:44 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Dain would have been a plausible claim, but two people did claim elves and got lynched for it.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:15 pm

Post by mikehart »

whoops. damn modem. that was not supposed to happen. fixed.

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:44 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

mikehart, can I ask a question?

What did you register as the troll (korais666 and myself) votes for Night 2? korais got very upset with me for not voting the logical choice for us (IS) when I *did*...twice, in fact. I have the PM's from 7/25 and 8/3 that I sent you, and I want to know if you never received them for some reason. Did you not execute IS because I died the night I made that choice? If so...that sucks. I thought choices went through even if you died in the night you made it..aren't they considered simultaneous? And if not, then korais666 would have had the only troll vote, and IS still should have died.

For the record, having a mafia group that could not night communicate was interesting but very difficult, and with the *chance* that we could have 50% risk of killing someone, it might have been workable...but as it was, broken. And if our choices weren't even getting in when there were two of us left...VERY broken. :?
Retired as of October 2014.
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:32 am

Post by korais666 »

Yeah, sorry about blowing up on you, I kinda took out my anger at IS on you. I was more annoyed about the voting for me, but I now see it only didn't work because you died that night and your post seemed out of place without a continuation to the arguement the next day.

In my defense though, posting suspicions against me wouldn't really make you look innocent with that many evil groups.

By the way, what were the restrictions on "ask a question" for IS? I've seen roles like that, but they had to be yes/no questions, or they couldn't be a question that related to who is scum or not. I sort of got the feeling he asked "who is scum" night one and ran from there. If it's not too much trouble, could you or him post a list of all his night actions.
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:49 am

Post by mikehart »

all he did was kill. he aksed a question the night he died but thats it. and Flay, since you both chose it and Nanook was dead you only had a 50% chance of going through.

jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:52 am

Post by jeep »

Wow... so does this mean a single troll is completely useless? It seems like with only 2, that meets the requirement that "all" choose the same person.

-JEEP
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:22 pm

Post by mikehart »

you know thats a good point jeep. i hadnt thought of that. i think i woulda had the kills go through if korais had survived they day. i think next time i really need to have someone check my game ahead of time.

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:25 pm

Yea, poor trolls, they might as well not have existed.

I killed me a Smaug night 1 and some random little people after. The question I asked the night I died had me MMCL pegged as scum, he was so lynched had I survived.

The Korais/Troll catch was a WACG.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:47 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

WACG? What's that stand for? Wild-assed Crazy Guess?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:11 am

clairvoyant
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”