Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Gateway wrote:I don't care about the FoS, I think you are the first person to understand what I meant.
... He said the same thing the rest of us did.

Like, exactly the same...
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:31 pm

Post by Spolium »

Verbosity wrote:Those voting Gateway: Why do you think that his play is indicative of scum, rather than stupid?
I'm not entirely sure if it's one or the other - "Cognitive dissonace" is probably the best description I've seen of his play so far - but I'm not sure if these are mutually exclusive states of being in Gateway's case, either.

Why don't you think Gateway is a good candidate for pressure voting (particularly with respect to your original target for cracking pressure)?
Verbosity wrote:I also get the feeling that those of you that suspect Gateway will not switch to molestargazer at any soon point, is that accurate?
How soon is "soon"? I would hope that nobody is dumb enough to throw down a hasty hammer D1, so I could be open to switching my vote depending on what transpires over the next few pages.

Whichever way it goes, I'm confident in saying that Gateway would be my contingency lynch choice in the face of a deadline, or no better choice.

-----
sekinj wrote:
Gateway wrote:1.) Sitting on the fence is a townie thing right, so why say that and vote scum.
no, sitting the fence IS NOT townie.
I have to agree with this. It benefits scum to feign cautious deliberation moreso than to take a firm stance.

Gateway, what is your experience in Mafia?
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:09 am

Post by Spolium »

BTW, my unofficial count puts Gateway at L-1, in case the implication of my D1 hammer comment wasn't clear.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:20 am

Post by molestargazer »

Wow, I have a lot to catch up on.
I should be able to get something later this afternoon.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:27 am

Post by Spolium »

molest[s]argazer[/s] wrote:Wow, I have a lot to catch up on.
I should be able to get something later this afternoon.
Could you reply earlier if you weren't molestering?

I'd like to know more about your switch of vote from Verbosity to Gateway. Is it because you found Gateway more scummy, or Verb less so? A combination of both, perhaps?
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:33 am

Post by Spolium »

Moar:
Gateway (63) wrote:Verb had a gung=ho attitude about -one- player on page -one-. If they would have turned out to be a townie, who would have been first on the chopping block day two? I think my statement was common sense
Kicking off D1 with aggressive posts is by no means a sign of scumminess. More often than not the point is to guage the reactions of
other
players. Given the probability of lynching town D1, this is one of the more effective ways to increase the yield of information.

What if that Pablo had turned out to be scum? Would that make Verb seem more town? Why?
Gateway (65) wrote:It is simple Spolium.

My vote changes because one statement or another made me question my logic, and I am quick to take off a vote that could be wrong.
That seems fair enough.
Gateway (65) wrote:As it stands right now I think Verbosity is a townie because that is the gut hunch I get (I'm a gut hunch person on day one, "logic" doesn't really work since we have only theory and not a single fact on day one)
You've said elsewhere that "
Without deaths, cops, or some other information we can only assume everyone is townie on day one
".

1. If you assume everyone is a townie by default, why is your "gut feel" on Verb significant?
2. Given the aforementoned assumption, along with your gut feel, why did you vote Verb?

----------
Jazzmyn wrote:Having caught up on the posts, I am not convinced that Gateway is scum. He reads to me more like inexperienced townie and a "convenient" lynch target rather than scum. I will not be voting to lynch him at present.
With the exception of Verb and his scumminess vs. stupidity stance, you are the only person directly questioning the lynch. Is there anything in particular which stands out as newbtown floundering?
Jazzmyn wrote:Among those voting to lynch Gateway, I am most suspicious of MafiaSSK, as his vote came with nothing but a one-liner without any substance whatsoever. A lazy, jump-on kind of vote.
This concerns me as well.

MafiaSSK
: kindly expand upon the reasoning for your vote, and address Verb's request from the end of #27 (which you have apparently ignored).
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:13 am

Post by molestargazer »

Spolium wrote:Could you reply earlier if you weren't molestering?
No, no. I was
running people over
having a driving lesson.
Spolium wrote:I'd like to know more about your switch of vote from Verbosity to Gateway. Is it because you found Gateway more scummy, or Verb less so? A combination of both, perhaps?
Probably a little bit of both.
I've found Verbosity less scummy since his answers are pretty reasonable (Despite his voting me), and voted Gateway because I'd like to hear answers to the questions I posed when I voted him - and indeed, I find him the scummier of the two.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:32 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Verbosity wrote:It wasn't an attack, I was just stating my opinion. I can't even comprehend the desire to lengthen the random voting stage.

That only works if you think that the player would crack, and frankly I think Gateway is not collected enough to be a valid choice for that strategy.

I also get the feeling that those of you that suspect Gateway will not switch to molestargazer at any soon point, is that accurate?
Refer to spolium for first point.
Regarding gateway - well he certainly is providing a lot of material to analyse, though.
Regarding molestargazer - haven't really thought about it. I might, who knows.
Spolium wrote:I think ThAdmiral meant me.

No, it wasn't an attack. I've seen the point raised on more than one occasion, and since this is the first game where I've seen someone jackhammer their way out of the RVS like that I wanted to know what the consensus was. My thinking was that multiple responses would allow me to make a better judgement of the validity of the claim.
Correct.
and righto.
Gateway wrote:Explain what is scummy. I've addressed concerns and explained my 'scummy' behavior.
But you haven't. There were issues sekinj and I had raised which you didn't responded to.
sekinj wrote:no, sitting the fence IS NOT townie. I think you were attempting to get verb lynched, and still be able to come back tomorrow and defend yourself when he flipped town.
Agreed.
Gateway wrote:I wrote that before you posted, so -now- I think Verb is a Zealous townie, at a moment I thought Verb was a Joker or Scum. My vote changes -from- B to A because I considered posts that came after.
But you clearly said at the time that you considered verb as a townie?

I also like what
panzerjager
is saying.
Although I don't really like the thing about getting verb to claim who he/she really is. I think it's a bit rich to say that keeping the identity a secret is anti town.
(plus I think I know who it is...)
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:37 am

Post by molestargazer »

Right, catch-up time. I'll go from after my post on P3.
Verbosity wrote:You are generalising, but whether or not you're right is a matter of opinion, more than anything, and I would not want to get into a discussion on theory when we have better things to be doing.
Fine by me.
Verbosity wrote:He said that I might want to be lynched. There's only one role that does that.
Right. Apologies, must've missed that.
Gateway wrote:Without deaths, cops, or some other information we can only assume everyone is townie on day one
Yes. However, you have provided reasons for why you think he is pro-town. Surely this means you think he is more likely to be pro-town than anyone else, yet you still vote?
Gateway wrote:So yes my day one strategy is to vote on the -TOWNIE- I think is most likely scum. Since there is no possible way any of us know who is scum on day one.
Surely -PERSON- would fit in there far better? We can't automatically assume everyone is a townie and take no action to think otherwise, that'd be stupid.
Gateway wrote:and I don't think your a Joker as that would just ruin the game.
A joker would have still ruined the game when you first voted. Why have you changed your mind about the mod's setup?
Gateway wrote:not a single fact on day one
Know what you mean, but the whole point of discussion on D1 is to gain opinions - it doesn't mean we can't act on them.
Verbosity wrote:Those voting Gateway: Why do you think that his play is indicative of scum, rather than stupid?
Right now I think he is more likely to be scum than you, and I feel he is more likely scum than anyone else I've seen, hence my vote is on him.
If he answers my questions (which, by the way, he still hasn't done), and the answers are reasonable, I'll be perfectly happy to unvote and move on.
Verbosity wrote:I also get the feeling that those of you that suspect Gateway will not switch to molestargazer at any soon point, is that accurate?
I would hope so. :P

Gateway
- There's a lot been said during Page 4. You're seeming to explain things. I understand what you mean about voting for the scummiest 'townie' - but it wasn't the best way to phrase it.
I apologise if you've already answered this, but I wonder, could you please answer this question I posted in Post 57?
mole (See that? MOLE. K, thanks) wrote:I'd like you to explain
- Why you denied you were defending Verbosity when you were posting why you thought he was Pro-town
Panzer - Your points are good. Not much more I can say about there. Of the two, Verbosity and Gateway, if you had to pick one to be scum who would it be?
Gateway wrote:I don't care about the FoS, I think you are the first person to understand what I meant.
If he's FoSed there, there's a reason. Could you answer to that regardless of his understanding?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Battousai »

Panzerjager replaces Kpaca effective immediately.

Vote Count

Gateway
- 6 (Azhrei, Spolium, Molestargazer, ThAdmiral, MafiaSSK, sekinj)
MafiaSSK
- 1 (Gateway)
Molestargazer
- 1 (Verbosity)
Spolium
- 1 (kpaca)

Not Voting
: Archon, Chiefskye4, Jazzmyn

It takes 7 to lynch!
Last edited by Battousai on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:09 am

Post by PJ. »

Ok we're L-1. I'm ready to lynch. umm Gateway. you have until..4pm PST(-7:00 GMT) claim.. so unless you're in the middle of asia this should be reasonable.

I find Gateway more scummy but I want to know who verbosity is and I will pick back up on that Day 2.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:53 am

Post by PJ. »

about 2 hours left. Anyone opposed to me hammering in 2 hours?
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Azhrei »

I think you should wait a little longer.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:22 am

Post by Gateway »

Alright here, so I am forced to claim am I. So be it.

I've retired from the army here long before some of you were even born, and I still keep a few connections up high. By ten o'clock (night phase) I get a list of two possible people one possible scum. I can choose to pass that along in the morning... or ask my connections in the police force to deal with the one I think is it.

Still learning popular terms, but whatever the word is you have for that role, that is what I am. Not a cop, like a semi one I suppose.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Gateway »

Probably going to be eliminated surely by the scum come tonight since I pose a threat, I ask you at least let me pass tonight and try to find one of them today. (I'll feel a little retribution in my passing)
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:27 am

Post by sekinj »

unvote

I severly doubt gateway could have made up that role.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Archon »

sorry for not posting, I've been in Mexico, and internet here is the equivalent to cow dung in speed.

Catching up, I will separate things that I would have said had I been here.

Verbosity, POST 14; Walls of text make people (especially me) want to not wade through them. Personnaly, walls of text are my worst enemies, although I will probably be making one as I speak. Just because someone may not want to read a wall of boring black charectars on a gray background while thy could be playing portal should not indicate scumminess. Oh, and by the way, I am in no way saying that I would much rather be playing portal. I want ot be here.

Way to attack sekjink. FOS Vebosity

Verbosity, POST 27; Nice way to cover up voting for a person who hasn't responded yet. then, when attacked, you call the attacker town. whether that be true or not, I'm not sure. but you are seeming really scummy right now.

Vote: Verbosity

ThAdmiral, POST 43; Agreed

Got to bottom of page two, will continue later.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

sekinj wrote:
unvote

You don't know about safeclaims?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:38 am

Post by PJ. »

That is clearly fake. That role is broken and a half.
Unvote:Votegetaway
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:38 am

Post by molestargazer »

Gateway wrote:By ten o'clock (night phase) I get a list of two possible people one possible scum. I can choose to pass that along in the morning.
Can you please elaborate on this point?

What do you mean 'possible' scum? You mean you get a list of 2 people, and there's a CHANCE that one MIGHT be scum?
I'm assuming you choose said people?
If you choose two townies, one will still display as scum?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Spolium »

unvote

Time for a re-read.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Spolium »

Panzerjager wrote:That is clearly fake. That role is broken and a half.
How so?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:28 am

Post by sekinj »

MafiaSSK wrote:
sekinj wrote:
unvote

You don't know about safeclaims?
I've never played in a game that I received a safe claim in my pm... so no, I actually don't know exactly how they work... and didn't consider them before my unvote.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:37 am

Post by Spolium »

Safeclaims are pre-prepared fakeclaims which the mod issues to scum. They're safe because they don't match any other roles in the game.

There were some used in the Legend of Zelda: OOT theme game, IIRC.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Spolium »

Gateway: is there anything else you can paraphrase from your role, given that it's under dispute?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”