Post by Alduskkel »

Vote Count #1

Kise (2) - Kise, ekiM
Debonair Danny DiPietro (2) - Exalt, Toro
Exalt (1) - Debonair Danny DiPietro
Toro (1) - Frankie Peanuts
Sho Minamimoto (1) - muzzz
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Raivann »

Vote: Toro
You're the man now, dogg!
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Exalt wrote:Unless of course, I can find scum using uncomplicated matters such as voting for the guy with the name I can't pronounce! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
See what I mean.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:49 am

Post by Exalt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: See what I mean.
Welcome to RVS. You can judge my scumhunting abilities when the game actually gets serious. Til then, I appreciate your concern, but I think you are misguided. Thanks :D
itacv2
itacv2
Townie
itacv2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:59 am

Post by itacv2 »

Vote Debonair

You seem quite jumpy as soon as you got some attention to you. I guessthat you have something to hide
I will either find a way or make one.
Sho Minamimoto
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:40 pm

Post by Sho Minamimoto »

muzzz wrote:
Vote: Sho

Because I don't get that Zetta thing.
So zetta stupid. I hope I don't need to dumb down my playing level for you.

Vote Santos
for being the closest person to the number of the circumference of a circle divided by that circles diameter.

That is to say approximately 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884 19716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211 706798214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111!

Great job!
This is my latest masterpiece. I call it: "Myself!"

One mafia win and one mafia loss... CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

muzzz wrote:I don't get that Zetta thing.
Urban Dictionary is your friend.

This has been a moducational public service announcement.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:08 am

Post by muzzz »

Thanks.

@Sho: I'm afraid you might have to. I can only quote Pi up to five decimals.
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Exalt »

Sho Minamimoto wrote:
muzzz wrote:

Vote Santos
for being the closest person to the number of the circumference of a circle divided by that circles diameter.

That is to say approximately 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884 19716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211 706798214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111!

Great job!
The pie sign works way better then that huge mass of numbers. Let's also not forget that stupid slang words found in urban dictionary don't equate to actual words. Calling someone dumb for not knowing what your fake word means is ridiculous, and you already "dumped" down your playstyle that way. Thanks.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

itacv2 wrote:
Vote Debonair

You seem quite jumpy as soon as you got some attention to you. I guessthat you have something to hide
Yep, you've completely broken the game wide open with your hilariously simple game view, well done.
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Exalt »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
itacv2 wrote:
Vote Debonair

Yep, you've completely broken the game wide open with your hilariously simple game view, well done.
You seem awfully upset and defensive over two votes. Is this just your play style or what? I can understand the arrogance if it was a heated debate, but this is not even close to one. Why do you seem so pissed off all the time? Go smoke a cigarette before you post.

anyway,
UNVOTE
FrankiePeanuts
FrankiePeanuts
Townie
FrankiePeanuts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:34 am

Post by FrankiePeanuts »

Debonair seems jumpy to me but I've seen many a townsfolk get overly defensive when the finger starts to get pointed at them. The better towns players realize that even if they get lynched first it's only going to help the rest of the town look to who was on that bandwagon, and hopefully find scum in the following days.
Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand.
~Carlyle
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Toro »

So...any towns member want to offer themselves to get lynched then? :lol:

(In response to Frankie.)
FrankiePeanuts
FrankiePeanuts
Townie
FrankiePeanuts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by FrankiePeanuts »

it's not about offering yourself to be lynched, it's about not worrying about it if you are the one lynched. This game requires a certain amount of us to die in order for us to find the scum, and as a game where nobody was killed during night 1 we only have what each other is saying to each other as a basis for who seems to be scum. I say we look to the person who is trying to make the game the most complicated without provocation. If they be town we have something to work with. If they be scum we still have something to work with. Basically I'm saying this game wont get interesting until we have blood.
Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand.
~Carlyle
Sho Minamimoto
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Sho Minamimoto »

Exalt wrote:
Sho Minamimoto wrote:
muzzz wrote:

Vote Santos

Great job!
The pie sign works way better then that huge mass of numbers. Let's also not forget that stupid slang words found in urban dictionary don't equate to actual words. Calling someone dumb for not knowing what your fake word means is ridiculous, and you already "dumped" down your playstyle that way. Thanks.
Zetta is an SI prefix which is equal to 10 to the 21st power (10^21). Also, the Pi sign is far less expressive than an inexact, long number. As for making jokes on the word "dumb," you may want to use the correct spelling of "pie [sic]" before doing that. I looked into a recently completed game of yours. We're not going to mix well, so just deal with my insanity, and I'll pretend you're root-1.
FrankiePeanuts wrote:it's not about offering yourself to be lynched, it's about not worrying about it if you are the one lynched. This game requires a certain amount of us to die in order for us to find the scum, and as a game where nobody was killed during night 1 we only have what each other is saying to each other as a basis for who seems to be scum. I say we look to the person who is trying to make the game the most complicated without provocation. If they be town we have something to work with. If they be scum we still have something to work with. Basically I'm saying this game wont get interesting until we have blood.
Let's be clean here. Surely you can factor things out without the need of blood. Somewhere will be a scummy move, and perhaps scum will become obvious as a result of pressure and bandwagoning. In the mean time, I had rather try an observational approach in the early days, and watch interactions between us, the characters.

muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:43 am

Post by muzzz »

Sho Minamimoto wrote:and I'll pretend you're
i
Fixed it for you. Lololol. :roll:

@Frankie: you seem to have more theories than suspicions. Why would you want to go after someone who makes stuff complicated, instead of someone else? Say, someone scummy?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Exalt »

Sho Minamimoto wrote: Zetta is an SI prefix which is equal to 10 to the 21st power (10^21). Also, the Pi sign is far less expressive than an inexact, long number. As for making jokes on the word "dumb," you may want to use the correct spelling of "pie [sic]" before doing that. I looked into a recently completed game of yours. We're not going to mix well, so just deal with my insanity, and I'll pretend you're root-1.
FrankiePeanuts wrote:it's not about offering yourself to be lynched, it's about not worrying about it if you are the one lynched. This game requires a certain amount of us to die in order for us to find the scum, and as a game where nobody was killed during night 1 we only have what each other is saying to each other as a basis for who seems to be scum. I say we look to the person who is trying to make the game the most complicated without provocation. If they be town we have something to work with. If they be scum we still have something to work with. Basically I'm saying this game wont get interesting until we have blood.
Let's be clean here. Surely you can factor things out without the need of blood. Somewhere will be a scummy move, and perhaps scum will become obvious as a result of pressure and bandwagoning. In the mean time, I had rather try an observational approach in the early days, and watch interactions between us, the characters.
I understand what zetta is, but used in the context you put it in does not work unless you are going for the slang term, which is the same as "uber, or super". Saying something is "zeta cool" is the same as saying something is "hella cool". We might understand the meaning, but it doesn't mean it is grammatically correct used in that fashion. Calling someone else dumb because you choose to not be grammatically correct is the same as trying to factor hectopascals.

For everyone else, I saw this in another game I'm in, and Sho is contriving his wording and playstyle based on some type of anime character with the same name. The link can be found here http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Sho_Minamimoto I hope he doesn't continue to do it all game, because I think it will become quite annoying later on.

And as far as you looking into a recent game of mine, then you probably realize what my play style is going to be in this game. That being said, I think we are going to annoy each other quite a bit as the game progresses, but I more than welcome the heated debates that I'm sure will follow.
FrankiePeanuts
FrankiePeanuts
Townie
FrankiePeanuts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:51 am

Post by FrankiePeanuts »

Muzz Wrote:

@Frankie: you seem to have more theories than suspicions. Why would you want to go after someone who makes stuff complicated, instead of someone else? Say, someone scummy?
I've not yet chosen to go after anyone, I stated that Debonair seemed jumpy but that was understandable, and so far I'm really confused by sho's style of talking and I have NO idea what a Zetta is so that part is confusing me as well.

I'm afraid I'm just having a hard time keeping up with the mathematic talk and all that.
~Carlyle
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:06 am

Post by Exalt »

FrankiePeanuts wrote: I'm afraid I'm just having a hard time keeping up with the mathematic talk and all that.
This game seems to be almost identical to Mini 820 that you, Sho, and I are in together. I think I'll sound redundant about him, since the same debate is going on in that game too. I think Sho's play style is going to naturally look scummy, since it seems to be that way crossing over multiple games.

I guess I can repeat what I said in the other game back to here, because it requires a lot less typing and the same thing applies. So here is it:

I'll put it in perspective... If Sho keeps it up I would vote him simply because acting like that is pretty annoying, and it is more detrimental than actually productive to town in terms of analyzing and scum hunting. If I decided to speak a very unknown foreign language in the game, you would probably vote me off too, because you would know that I could speak English and so speaking the foreign language would only be to be unhelpful to town and piss everyone else off. Being detrimental on purpose can only be viewed as scummy, no matter how you look at it. It is that simple.

He is trying to copy an anime character (as pointed out by Tonkatsu in the other game), and while I'm not willing to immediately say he is scummy for it, I do think that it won't be helpful to town and it can BECOME scummy if he does it all game long. At that point it would be purely a distraction from scum hunting, so I'll be on the lookout to see if he keeps doing it.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:06 am

Post by muzzz »

I strongly suggest we ignore Sho's flavor, and focus on the content he posts.

But can you guys please stop talking about "factoring hectopascals" like it's something impossible? factor(hPa) = factor(100) * factor(Pa), for every definition of factor() that is in some way derived from multiplication. I'm asking because the continued beeping of my flawed-logic-dar is starting to get distracting.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Toro »

muzzz wrote:
Sho Minamimoto wrote:and I'll pretend you're
i
Fixed it for you. Lololol. :roll:

So you're saying you know DDD is in fact town?
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:56 am

Post by muzzz »

Huh? That statement wasn't intended to say anything at all about DDD.

What makes you think it was?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by ekiM »

People seem to be being quite confrontational and antagonistic for so early in the game. I don't know if it's personalities clashing or an attempt to hide a connection or what, but could we try to tone down the mean spirited comments a bit?

I find people playing with an affected persona obnoxious, but Sho obviously intended to post this way before he got his role PM so I don't see how it can possibly be scummy. I certainly won't support any sort of policy lynch based upon it.

Exalt, I don't really understand why you placed a random vote and then removed it without placing it elsewhere. What does that accomplish?
Exalt
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Exalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Exalt »

ekiM wrote: Exalt, I don't really understand why you placed a random vote and then removed it without placing it elsewhere. What does that accomplish?
At this point, I am assuming we are going past the RVS stage, so I'm not going to keep a vote on someone simply because they are an asshole. That doesn't make them scummy. Once I find a real reason to vote someone I will do it, trust me :) I don't have hesitations to vote ever, but I would at least like a good reason for it, ya know?
Sho Minamimoto
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Sho Minamimoto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by Sho Minamimoto »

muzzz wrote:I strongly suggest we ignore Sho's flavor, and focus on the content he posts.

But can you guys please stop talking about "factoring hectopascals" like it's something impossible? factor(hPa) = factor(100) * factor(Pa), for every definition of factor() that is in some way derived from multiplication. I'm asking because the continued beeping of my flawed-logic-dar is starting to get distracting.
hectopascals cannot be factored.

Exaple:

(ab+ac).
a can be factored out so that (ab+ac) becomes a(b+c). A hectopascal is a unit, and cannot (in and of itself) be factored. This aside...
Exalt wrote:
ekiM wrote: Exalt, I don't really understand why you placed a random vote and then removed it without placing it elsewhere. What does that accomplish?
At this point, I am assuming we are going past the RVS stage, so I'm not going to keep a vote on someone simply because they are an asshole. That doesn't make them scummy. Once I find a real reason to vote someone I will do it, trust me :) I don't have hesitations to vote ever, but I would at least like a good reason for it, ya know?
So a policy lynch=good reason?
I would like this clarified for future reference.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”