Newbie #840 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:52 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Look, SB, just out from what I've seen so far, he seems suspicious. (And you seem like a perfect scum buddy if he is)
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:06 am

Post by Netopalis »

So, to recap:

You attack an active player for some sort of "lack of content", when you yourself haven't been posting.
Your posts consist of:
1) a random vote
2) a very vague principle about lynching people with short posts
3) a post informing us that you enjoy fast-paced games
4) a post clarifying that you mean games which post quickly
5) a post telling us that you don't like random voting
6) an attack on me for not posting content
7) a restatement of this attack with little additional information
8) an OMGUS attack on SB for attacking you.

Hypocritical by any standard.

Please, give me a reason not to vote for you. Anything.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:09 am

Post by DarkLightA »

I'm voting for you for acting town by posting lots of short posts.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:25 am

Post by CooLDoG »

And yes I want to survive, and how can I know who is a threat to me.
But that is not all,

I also have an idea,

1) Netopalis might be scum, why because he over reacted to me putting a vote on someone, and got everyone to take their votes off ol' SB, so that means he ether thinks that she is normal, or she is a fellow scum. If he is scum then so must Snow_bunny if you think that what I am saying about Netopalis is correct, but if you think he is just playing the game like he should keep reading...

2) Dark is defending his case like I had, and from whom again??? Our friend Netopalis, and now he is getting a wagon going, or he is just making a big show about how pro town he is while he is really scum.

3) He is anti-lurker, which is very pro-town yet he has yet to really post anything about why people are scum, just about lurking, so does that imply that he is scum himself and knows who is and who an't?

4) He is almost to pro-town, he has to be the biggest big shot for the town you have ever seen he must be hiding something, other wise he would be a little less aggressive.

5) No one has yet looked into him much until now, he also has a "I’m not lurking" wall since he posts so much, and his posts are long, yet with no real evidence.

so with that said:

FOS: Netopalis
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:27 am

Post by CooLDoG »

DarkLightA wrote:Look, SB, just out from what I've seen so far, he seems suspicious. (And you seem like a perfect scum buddy if he is)
sorry I forgot to put this for my 1) reason.

That is the only thing I see so far.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:29 am

Post by CooLDoG »

ohh, I see one thing, on my first line I made a error it should read "how could I know who is a threat to SOMEONE else" sorry again...
after a wank.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:29 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #3=-

CooLDoG (1) - Netopalis
Sposh (1) - SpyreX
SpyreX (1) - Snow_Bunny
Netopalis (1) - DarkLightA
DarkLightA (1) - Sposh

Not Voting (4) - muh316, geekalicious, Santos, CooLDoG

5 to lynch.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Sposh »

You can't say someone is scummy because they're too pro-town.
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:36 am

Post by DarkLightA »

You got ninja'd there, mod ;)
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:36 am

Post by DarkLightA »

EBWOP: And so did I.. By Sposh..
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:39 am

Post by CooLDoG »

You can say they are scummy if they is too pro-town. They might be doing that to keep us from seeing the scum under their pro-town face.
after a wank.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

So......... Let me see if I get this straight... Being too pro-town is a bad thing... Right. And, now you are going to tell me that the best thing town can do is let mafia win, right?

WHAT NONSENSE IS THAT!!?? Just because you can't be protown doesn't mean that it is a bad thing! But that's like the lamest scumtells I've seen. In the other hand, what REAL scumtells (or leads) we have?
-CD acting scummy
-DLA making hyprocrite attacks (and that omgus attack against me)
-SpyreX's slip (however, this is seeming less important as CD and DLA keep posting)

So, you rather prefer to attack the players who are pro-town that investigate the real leads we have further? Interesting. Why don't you (CD and DLA) just claim mafia? Please?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Sposh »

But what if someone actually is just so pro-town that they're actually town? There's no way to be sure

Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Sposh »

@CD, not SB.

DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:04 am

Post by DarkLightA »

It seems like you're really defending Neopalis, Snow Bunny. How can you defend someone so actively when you don't even know what role he has?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Netopalis »

DL, are you *honestly* expecting me to roleclaim with only a single vote that the rest of the town seems against?

Confirm vote: DarklightA

Planned future confirm vote: Coolguy

More analysis of hypocritical claims after the break.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:14 am

Post by CooLDoG »

DarkLightA wrote:It seems like you're really defending Neopalis, Snow Bunny. How can you defend someone so actively when you don't even know what role he has?
Scum mate, I swear to God. Look have any of you know what scum are supposed to do in the day time? blend in be pro-town, and reasoning behind being very pro-town is this:

why would I vote for an extreme pro-town guy???? I mean he is doing so much for us right?

But Sb's last post nailed his coffin and maybe hers, guys you can't be sooo defensive on one guy and nock anther down and not have some type of bond between the two. Net I still think is scum and I think SB is too, but not as scummy as net. And I did look a long time at the possibility of him being very pro-town because he is town.
after a wank.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:15 am

Post by geekalicious »

DarkLightA wrote:I've chosen my first vote "victim".

Vote: Netopalis

He seems very active and engaged in the game; it seems like some kind of excitement, which makes sense if he's scum. Also, despite all of his posts, many aren't really helpful, with only questions and such, which is, in my experience a way of scum.[/s]
So you're criticizing someone for being TOO involved, for being "very active and engaged in the game"? :shock:
CooLDoG wrote:You can say they are scummy if they is too pro-town. They might be doing that to keep us from seeing the scum under their pro-town face.
So, what, do you prefer an occasional scum tell out of a player to prove them as pro-town vs. "too" pro-town?
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:16 am

Post by CooLDoG »

and it's DOG, nut guy, plus we already know your scum, and votes mean nothing, it is what you say that marks you as a scum.
after a wank.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

Net wrote:Sposh, you seem to be avoiding cognitively tackling the issue of cooldog as possible scum. As a side note, if CD does come up guilty, Sposh might be a worthwhile lynch.
This is true but based on those actions I could see Sposh independently being scum higher than CD. Hence, the vote that way.
Net wrote:Right now, I'm really seeing no downside to voting to lynch CD. Even if he is town (which I feel is ridiculously unlikely), he would be a huge liability in an endgame situation and I feel relatively certain that the scum would never kill him. Therefore, even if we DO lynch incorrectly on him, there's still something of a benefit. Note that I am not advocating lynching a townie, just advocating lynching a scummy player who, even as town, is a serious problem to a town victory.
Now this is a tricky train of thought. There is always a level of risk-reward to lynching (I tend to assume its going to be mislynches so). However, you can't lose sight of the fact the aim is always hitting scum.

In general statements like that garner a lot of suspicion because, as scum, pushing on someone who is cracking IS a pretty solid mislynch.
SB wrote:Well, true is that CD is scummy, and even if he's not mafia, as Neto said, he's a liability to town. However, right now SpyreX's slip draws all my attention. It could be, as Neto claims, a theoretical discussion, but I really don't buy that. Slips are always worth looking for, and for me that's a huge lead, even bigger than CD's scummy and erratic play.
As I am saying as well. I was trying to illustrate the best-case scenario of a lynch AND have people look at the setup and the interactions (thus, if RB is hit the cop should claim).

However, part of CD's erratic behavior IS a slip. What is the difference there?

I really don't like post 93. Define "not helpful" contextually.

On the flipside, I DO like post 95. Not that I agree 100% but this is actually looking for scum - the very first case we've seen.

Unvote

DLA wrote: There's a difference between not posting much, and posting a lot, but with no content. The latter is often used by scum to gain trust among pro-towns, because of activeness.
Show no content.
DLA wrote: Look, SB, just out from what I've seen so far, he seems suspicious. (And you seem like a perfect scum buddy if he is)
Explanations.
DLA wrote:I'm voting for you for acting town by posting lots of short posts.
Ok, this 1.) doesn't mesh with what you initially said and 2.) shows an enormous amount of cognitive dissonance:

If you think Net is scum because of "lots of short posts" then how is that different in a scum-way from your "few short posts".

Your own thought process would lead you to thinking that you, yourself, are scum. Which means that, on some level, you are not being genuine.

Vote: DarkLightA

DLA wrote: It seems like you're really defending Neopalis, Snow Bunny. How can you defend someone so actively when you don't even know what role he has?

SB's position is an attack on your case which ends up appearing as a defense of Net but, at heart, isn't - there is a big difference.

Much like mine.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:19 am

Post by CooLDoG »

last post is @net, not you geek,

@geek, look at him and SB put together, see what I mean, one very pro-town and the other making a huge attack, on the ones who are trying to wiggle out if he is scum or not, that makes almost no cense.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:22 am

Post by CooLDoG »

would you explain why yoy voted for darklight? just in one or two lines?
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:26 am

Post by CooLDoG »

X that last one, I re-read your full post.
after a wank.
geekalicious
geekalicious
Goon
geekalicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:26 am

Post by geekalicious »

CooLDoG wrote:Let's see what every one is about so:

ME, CD: Made a jest on first page about "family" thus making him look scummy, and prompted 2-3 votes on him. He then with pressure took off his vote and then no lynched, then he after more facts unvoted, thus looking even more scummy.

Sposh: He post very little and now seems to think that CD is not scum at all, could this be because both him and CD are scum, or in my opinion to distance himself from CD making CD look like scum and he a bandwagon normal townsperson while he is really scum and CD is not?

Netopalis: one of the main people that thinks cooldog is scum. He also now has gotten a small amount of scummy thoughts toward him for his "theory" post about why not to vote no lynch on CD, Cd then after that unvoted

Snow_Bunny: Is who started getting CD into scummy ground, since it his vote on her that got all of the Lynch CD, and was what really started the scum hunt, other then that she is one of the only players not to have a "scum tag" on them.

geekalicious: almost hates cooldog's choice of no lynch and thinks he is scummier by the second, could he be scum himself, or just trying to be a townly man? As we know one way to not look scummy is to be an active player for the town, while stabbing them in the back at night.

SpyreX: is in my opinion the smartest player, but could that mean he is scummy? so far however he has shown no signs of being scum, but just like geek...

DarkLightA: just voted for Netopalis , for being to active and maybe scum.

I tried to show this from a "outside" perspective so we can all get a better Idea of what I am thinking and what has happened at THE MOMENT

all I have to say for now...
I just have a serious problem with this post. You point out that everyone could be scum in this game for varying reasons. Basically, however, this will obviate you from taking responsibility later on for your voting patterns because you can basically point back at this post and say "Well, I thought he was scum here! See, see!" Honestly, combined with my other posts against you, I think it's time for a vote.

Vote: CooLDoG
You're just jealous 'cause my geekshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:28 am

Post by Netopalis »

Cooldog,
Are you just saying that me and SB could be scum because Darklight said it and it sounded reasonable to you? If we follow the same logic, then Spyre and Geekalicious are ALSO mafia for disagreeing with Darklight. It really makes no sense to set up one post on a pedestal and say that anyone disagreeing with it is mafia.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”