Newbie 865 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Gayle wrote:
I was saying that from the games i've seen with the no lynch rule, when the deadline approaches people tend to bandwagon to quickly get a lynch, and that, in my opinion, a deadline bandwagon is better than a no lynch.

I like games with the no lynch rule, because they are more interesting in my opinion. However, a no lynch should be avoided under all circumstances.

Understand now? Games with 'no lynch' rule = good. Allowing no lynch to occur = bad.
Makes sense. I had no idea to which "no-lynch" you were referring to, however. Trackers, or Elmo's. That's where I was confused.

Going with kingdavid, it's great to see everyone post and therefore no replacements needed right away. I think that may be a first in a game i've been in... or seen for that matter.

As far as that question: Would you rather be town or scum? I agree with kingdavid that it can be a tricky question, gauging on the person's... "agenda"... but the question being asked early in the game warrants no worry... yet.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by tracker »

ok, just going to go down the line here and answer/comment on everything

I would be estatic if everyone commented/answered on everyone else's question as this would give the town more information which is always a good thing. So yes, answer them all but try and wait till the to the person the question was directed to answers first.

David-

I'm thinking I phrased that wrong. I kind of meant what are your thoughts but concerns kind of works as well.

heads up I'm kind of scatterbrained, and don't have the best memory in the world, and I'm impulsive but I'm getting better.

From my expierence the only good way to deal with lurkers force them to post or lynch 'em. Most games are lost for the town because of lurking and scum often lurk as it helps them avoid attention.

I've played five games online(all on this site), never played offline in my life, though it hasn't been for the lack of want. I'm also trying to start modding on this site. After this game is over, I will probably mod. co-mod, or back-up mod for the first time.

Again, I'd love it if everyone answered all the questions, but not if your going to parrot what somebody else already said.

I prefer both ways of questioning, while seeing the same question to everyone is beneficial for comparing answers, eventually someone gets lazy and just copies answers.

Ah, I didn't know that the game exsisted elsewhere, :), I never seen your avatar of sig, :(

I really don't use meta's, I probably should but I don't.

I honestly wouldn't mind it if lurkers were policy lynched, at worse you lose someone anti-town.

In my last game we actually had a situation in which it was better to No-Lynch than it was to lynch. I wanted to see what everyone elses thoughts were on No-Lynching, but it was mostly the fact that No-Lynching actually can be a good thing and even the best option intreges me. (I will explain the situation at the end)

I'm actually a better as scum than town. So i sometimes prefer scum. While playing as town is almost always more interesting just because you don't know anything for certain. Town provides a bigger challenge but it's fun to lead the town around in circles as scum.

RPG- What do you mean by "agenda"?

Here's an example of when it might be better to no-lynch than lynch. Let's say we're in mylo, this is different than lylo as we don't have to lynch and we'll have another day to lynch but if we lynch from then we're dead. Ex: 4 players left 3 town 1 scum. Town lynches town, down to 2:1, scum nk town, 1:1 and game over for town. But if the town No-Lynches then the day ends at 3:1 again, Nk and 2:1. The situation I was in there were 8 of us, 5 town and 3 scum. if we lynched wrong then it would be 3:3 the next day. and that's game over, but if we No-Lynched then it would 4:3 and we would have the night kill information to go off of. We probably would have lynched anyways except that we had a cop claim and come forth with 3 results, 2 guilty 1 innocent. We still probably would have lynched except that we also had a bodyguard who protected the cop and let us get one more informational result. (In this game we thought that the cop might be insane so all innocents are guilty and guilty are innocent) so we wanted one more result. Our doctor died that night and we couldn't confirm the sanity of the cop and ended up lynching an innocent. (The cop was insane) But it was better to No-Lynch in that case so we could get another result from the cop.

I have to go to scouts, will try and get back on later and post new questions for everybody. Also I should probably inform everyone one that tommorow is opening day of deer season in North Dakota so I'll be V/LA all tommorow (maybe in morning I might get on) and most of Saturday. Should be back on Sunday though. If I don't get back on, have a great week-end everyone!

If I missed anything please point it out. Thanks!
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Gah, my browser crashed, and I lost my post. Let's try this again.

@tracker: so from what I gather, you agree with Lynch All Lurkers? If I'm wrong, let me know; if not, here's a question, then:
Given the choice between lynching a) a member who has been lurking pretty much all game, and b) a person that has been acting very scummy, but has been active all game, who are you more likely to vote for?

This is really just out of curiosity. I agree that Lurkers do not help the town, even if they have a pro-town role, so they should not be allowed into LyLo. However, I think that a better way eliminating lurkers is to just replace them, rather than policy lynch them. Of course, not to say that I won't lynch someone who has been lurking, but IMO if you waste your days policy lynching lurkers, you're going to run out of days, and chances are, scum will win.

But that's just my opinion. Anyone else is also free to comment on this, but please allow tracker to answer the question above before you do, since I want to know where he stands on this.
tracker wrote:I'm thinking I phrased that wrong. I kind of meant what are your thoughts but concerns kind of works as well.
My thoughts about the game so far are that I like the way it started with questions instead of RVS. Although we definitely need to move beyond the game theory questions some time soon and start looking into each others' behaviors to find any scum tells we may have missed.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by tracker »

if i believe someone to be scum then they're lynch candidate #1, if i just don't know who the scum is, from what I've seen, it seems to me that lurker lynching is probably the better option. In short, if I believe you to be scum, I'll do my best to get you lynched, if I don't know, or don't agree with the case on anybody, I would prefer to lynch a lurker.

FYI: Sundays work best for me, might only do 1 or 2 posts a day on weekdays but sunday I'm normally on a lot. Saturdays vary. Heads up in advance I'm going to be busy on Nov 21 and Dec 5.
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:28 am

Post by RPG*Twilight »

tracker wrote:if i believe someone to be scum then they're lynch candidate #1, if i just don't know who the scum is, from what I've seen, it seems to me that lurker lynching is probably the better option. In short, if I believe you to be scum, I'll do my best to get you lynched, if I don't know,
or don't agree with the case on anybody, I would prefer to lynch a lurker.

That bolded part of the quote strikes me as odd. "Anybody" is a vast generalization of... well, everybody. That would include lurkers. If you are preferring to lynch a lurker, isnt that a case, that he's lurking? I just find this a bit contradictory. Sounds like your just going to use any old reason in the book to get someone lynched.
Tracker wrote: RPG- What do you mean by "agenda"?
I mean that it could be part of thier ploy for later on in the game to look pro-town. They could say "I love being town, blah blah blah, this is what I do" and do it, while being scum.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Is there a reason you're isolating the most wordy of posters so far, RPG?
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Is there a reason you're isolating the most wordy of posters so far, RPG?
1) the wordy posts = chance for discussion. I see things that are a bit contradictory and the like, I want information on it.

2) Though he spearheaded the questions... I want to know why he's asking some of them... again, that's why I said the "agenda" line.

These questions were great to start off with, but it's now stalling the game, so i'm trying to start discussion. What, are you opposed to that?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Asking a question of you wouldn't really be an action of someone opposed to discussion, now would it? In all seriousness, I realize it's the beginning of the game, and there's next to diddly to go on. But, like you, I'm looking for a little exposition on what little there is.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Asking a question of you wouldn't really be an action of someone opposed to discussion, now would it? In all seriousness, I realize it's the beginning of the game, and there's next to diddly to go on. But, like you, I'm looking for a little exposition on what little there is.
There are differing types of questions, though, PE. Yours almost seems like you want me to back off of someone. I am just putting my opinion on something. If your question is "just for discussion", then so be it. But it doesnt really strike me as that.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:59 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

I could see the tracker conversation dying down, especially when you don't really ask him questions in that last post, per se. It was an attempt to get others talking, outside of you and tracker. There are two ways to take my question:

1. With a hint of subtext - implying I'm unhappy that you've got tracker, in particular, under the microscope.

2. At face value - questioning what ARE your actual thoughts on tracker. So far, to me, whether you feel that what he has done is scummy or not is left to the imagination.

It was just for a little more conversation. You're the only one doing anything to search for scum, so I'm questioning why you're focusing on tracker. It was a minor concern overall, as there have been 7 other people who have posted and you didn't find anything wrong with them.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:04 am

Post by Gayle »

*looks at watch*

Hmm, looks like it is about time for random accusation!

RPG Twilight

From the very beginning (and yes, we are still at the beginning), twilight has been questioning a lot of things. Too many things, in my opinion. I understand that the point of the game is to question things, but some of these questions were a stretch. His posts are thick with paranoia for this stage of the game. He could be trying a little too hard to appear town.

tracker

I've never played a game with the random voting, but i can understand why questions would be a better (and more interesting) idea. Even so, it would be a good tactic to appear friendly and get to know the town's mindset a bit.

He asks about the everyone's opinion on allowing a no lynch, but does not give his own until everyone else has given thiers. Then he goes out of his way to explain why a no lynch may be feasible.

He establishes that he is scatterbrained and doesn't have the best memory. A good excuse for a mistake later in the game.

He questions twilight's use of the word agenda, as if he thought twilight was accusing him.

He first advocates lynching lurkers as a policy, and then waters it down a bit with 'if i believe someone to be scum then they're lynch candidate #1'.

Please forgive any formatting errors, as I did this in a different program and pasted it.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:50 am

Post by imkingdavid »

Gayle wrote:*looks at watch*

Eh, I must agree. We need to be posting more often than we are (myself included). If you can't find something productive to add to the current discussion, find something else to talk about. If we don't talk, we aren't anywhere closer to finding scum than we were at the start of the game. I'll try and be more active from here on out, and try to get at least one post in each day if I can.
RPG Twilight

From the very beginning (and yes, we are still at the beginning), twilight has been questioning a lot of things. Too many things, in my opinion. I understand that the point of the game is to question things, but some of these questions were a stretch. His posts are thick with paranoia for this stage of the game. He could be trying a little too hard to appear town.
Hmmm I'm not sure I see RPG as too inquisitive or paranoid. Some level of paranoia is going to be found in all players in this game, be they scum or town. Some paranoia, in fact, is good; otherwise you'll take everything you see at face value instead of looking into it to find scum slips or tells.
tracker

I've never played a game with the random voting, but i can understand why questions would be a better (and more interesting) idea. Even so, it would be a good tactic to appear friendly and get to know the town's mindset a bit.
Well, this can be considered WIFOM, but it is a valid thing to look for. However, I wouldn't suggest accusing someone of trying to "appear friendly" until they've done something unfriendly (or scummy) to invalidate their friendliness. Just my opinion.
He asks about the everyone's opinion on allowing a no lynch, but does not give his own until everyone else has given thiers. Then he goes out of his way to explain why a no lynch may be feasible.
That is a good point, but remember that there's always the chance of someone just mimicing his answer so that they don't have to actually think anything through.
He establishes that he is scatterbrained and doesn't have the best memory. A good excuse for a mistake later in the game.
I noticed that as well. That being said, I don't plan on giving anyone any extra leeway for being "scatterbrained". If you can't remember something, go back and look it up. Even if you accidentally misrepresent what someone says or what happened in the past, we don't know that it was an accident, and must assume that you did it on purpose. Which is a scum tell.
He questions twilight's use of the word agenda, as if he thought twilight was accusing him.
I didn't see any issue with the word agenda, but asking for clarification isn't necessarily a bad thing. I would rather ask for clarification than spend a lot of time typing a defense against an nonexistent attack.
He first advocates lynching lurkers as a policy, and then waters it down a bit with 'if i believe someone to be scum then they're lynch candidate #1'.
Although he supports lynch all lurkers policy, he has said that he is more likely to lynch a person that he finds to be doing scummy things. I don't find that scummy, although I am more ready to Replace all Lurkers than Lynch All Lurkers in the first place, and think we should only lynch the people who are acting scummy. *shrug*

----

As far as RPG vs. PE, I don't really have too much of an opinion, since I don't entirely understand what's going on there. But you guys are all welcome to comment on things that are going on if you see something fishy.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:01 am

Post by tracker »

I'm back,
RPG*Twilight wrote:
tracker wrote:if i believe someone to be scum then they're lynch candidate #1, if i just don't know who the scum is, from what I've seen, it seems to me that lurker lynching is probably the better option. In short, if I believe you to be scum, I'll do my best to get you lynched, if I don't know,
or don't agree with the case on anybody, I would prefer to lynch a lurker.

That bolded part of the quote strikes me as odd. "Anybody" is a vast generalization of... well, everybody. That would include lurkers. If you are preferring to lynch a lurker, isnt that a case, that he's lurking? I just find this a bit contradictory. Sounds like your just going to use any old reason in the book to get someone lynched.
No Lynch=bad, as it generally puts the town behind. Unless there is an extreme case such as one provided the we're a bloodthirsty mob who has a need for blood.

That being said, this mod does No Lynch if there is no true-lynch. So if the majority of the town doesn't find any players to be truly scummy, should we let the scum have a free kill or lynch someone anti-town? and often times, from what I've seen, scum are heavy lurkers so you'll often hit scum. however if you would rather let the scum have a free kill.... I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
RPG wrote:
Tracker wrote: RPG- What do you mean by "agenda"?
RPG,P-25 wrote:As far as that question: Would you rather be town or scum?
I agree with kingdavid that it can be a tricky question, gauging on the person's... "agenda"...
but the question being asked early in the game warrants no worry... yet.
I mean that it could be part of thier ploy for later on in the game to look pro-town. They could say "I love being town, blah blah blah, this is what I do" and do it, while being scum.
So you mean it depends on their role/alignment? The word agenda just doesn't make sense to me here, is there some kind of hidden meaning there that I just don't understand?

I find to great that RPG is questioning things, even if he's wrong, but conversation's conversation and we should take it where we can get it.

I would rather lynch scum that waste my days policy lynching lurkers.

Questions for eveybody!

What is your favorite role and why?

What is your least favorite role and why?

Both of those only include the roles that you've actually played as.

also where did everyone go?

finally I would enjoy it if other's made questions for everybody else too.

I got to get to work, I'll try and get back on tonight
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

So many questions... why? why do insist on knowing everyone's opinions on everything?

I never played online, but my favourite role offline was always scum, I liked the power.

My least favourite role was plain townie, I prefered other town-aligned roles because of their powers.

You didn't answer my question from the previous page: what is your mafia experience? How many played, what roles, win/lose?
~Toon fighter~
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

So much to answer... and I will when I return tonight. (Latest tomorrow morning)
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Gayle »

tracker wrote: What is your favorite role and why?
My favorite role is serial killer, because there is nothing more awesome than a lone serial killer winning the game.
What is your least favorite role and why?
Cultists. I would just hate to have my role changed mid game.

And if we are still doing this question thing, then my question to everyone is: Who is the
least
suspicious player so far?
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

tracker wrote:What is your favorite role and why?
Mafia Goon; I enjoy a good challenge every once in a while.
tracker wrote:What is your least favorite role and why?
Doctor/Healer; you get a small chance of protecting a person, but it only really works if you choose the same person that the mafia does on the same night. Which is pretty much just luck and good guessing. And you can't choose yourself. So yeah, worst role, imo, that I've been able to play so far.
Gayle wrote:Who is the
least
I am choosing not to answer this for the following reason...
I don't want to give the scum knowledge of who I suspect the least, as doing so will let them know who not to try and push the lynch of. Also mafia often NK (night kill) the most pro-town players that they would have a hard time building support for a lynch of. So by answering this question, I would only be aiding the scum, which is something I do not wish to do.

Plus, there isn't very much info to go on right now, as we're still only on page 2, so it's difficult to decide. I suggest we give it a little more time, but that we also start asking some more game-specific questions, rather than general-mafia-theory questions.

Anyway, it's 1:30 AM, so I should be asleep. I'll try and post some good questions tomorrow to get some better discussion going.
RPG*Twilight
RPG*Twilight
Goon
RPG*Twilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by RPG*Twilight »

Gayle wrote:*looks at watch*

RPG Twilight

From the very beginning (and yes, we are still at the beginning), twilight has been questioning a lot of things.
Too many things, in my opinion.
I understand that the point of the game is to question things, but some of these questions were a stretch. His posts are thick with paranoia for this stage of the game. He could be trying a little too hard to appear town.
The bolded part: Does that not sound paranoid to anyone else?

Hmm. You know, it's easy to make blanket statements. "Some of these questions were a stretch" Really? where? And how? I ask a question that I feel needs to be answered.

I only question what I want answered. I believe that's how that works. If it's scaring you that I ask questions, arent you the one who's paranoid? You know, it's really interesting that you say i'm trying too hard to appear town. Because I think you're aiming that statement at the wrong person.

That said, Tracker is almost too scared to get out of "beginning" question mode. At least I answer questions and move on, but seriously, a second round of pretty much "beginning" questions? And on topics that mean very little to this specific game. My favorite role is townie, and I dont have a least favorite because I like the challenge that brings about with each role. Wow, did that help you get some much needed dirt on me? I'm happy to answer any question, but there comes a time when enough is enough and the more you start asking "beginning" questions the scummier you look. Start scumhunting, find things from the previous questions. We dont need to play Jeopardy here. It's one thing to ask start-up questions, it's another to make that your whole day 1 activity.
Ask follow up questions.
Thats what i'm doing, and it seems to be scaring a couple of you. Which is noted.
PaltryExcuse wrote:You're the only one doing anything to search for scum, so I'm questioning why you're focusing on tracker.
Well, if you recall, I did get on Gayle. (Before this post.) But, like I said about tracker, these first go around questions were nice, but we really dont need the second batch. That, in it of itself, is a bit shady if you ask me. I dont understand why i'm the only one picking apart the text here, we are reading the same thing, correct?
tracker wrote: I find to great that RPG is questioning things, even if he's wrong, but conversation's conversation and we should take it where we can get it.
That's a nice twist on Gayle's words. Pretty much pulling out the paranoia card, again. Interesting. Again, noted.
tracker wrote: however if you would rather let the scum have a free kill.... I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Um. Of course not. Where did you get this from? It's nice to see that you're putting words in my mouth. I'm trying to move past the molasses that is your questions and pick apart the text from the answers from the first batch, which you really havent done yourself. Quite interesting. Maybe you should yourself pay attention to the answers people have. It'll do wonders. The only way we'll get past the "majority not finding scum" is if we start, oh I don't know, scumhunting. And it seems you're trying to deflect by asking even more questions that, like I said, have nothing to do with helping us find scum.

That being said, i'm going to put a little pressure on tracker. See if it cant get him to at least talk a bit.

Vote: Tracker
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:54 am

Post by tracker »

one question before I start,

Is it better to have one big wall of text,WOL, with everything I have to say at the moment, or a multitude of shorter posts each relating to one point?
Toon Fighter wrote:So many questions... why? why do insist on knowing everyone's opinions on everything?

You didn't answer my question from the previous page: what is your mafia experience? How many played, what roles, win/lose?
these last group of questions were to get an inside view on the people in the game.

Nothing offline, 5 games on this sight. none elsewhere,

3 games as vanilla townie lost all of them

1 game as semi-elite bodyguard lost that one by a hair.

1 game as a mafia goon won that one.
imkingdavid wrote:
least
I don't want to give the scum knowledge of who I suspect the least, as doing so will let them know who not to try and push the lynch of. Also mafia often NK (night kill) the most pro-town players that they would have a hard time building support for a lynch of. So by answering this question, I would only be aiding the scum, which is something I do not wish to do.

Plus, there isn't very much info to go on right now, as we're still only on page 2, so it's difficult to decide. I suggest we give it a little more time, but that we also start asking some more game-specific questions, rather than general-mafia-theory questions.
David - What is your opinion on "scumlists"?
RPG*Twilight wrote: I only question what I want answered. I believe that's how that works. If it's scaring you that I ask questions, arent you the one who's paranoid? You know, it's really interesting that you say i'm trying too hard to appear town. Because I think you're aiming that statement at the wrong person.
what's with the use of the word paranoid?
RPG wrote: That said, Tracker is almost too scared to get out of "beginning" question mode. At least I answer questions and move on, but seriously, a second round of pretty much "beginning" questions?
Here is where your wrong. All of post-37 has it's purpose. Starting with the first part where I "put words in you mouth". You overexaggerated my case so I returned the favor.
RPG wrote: And on topics that mean very little to this specific game. My favorite role is townie, and I dont have a least favorite because I like the challenge that brings about with each role. Wow, did that help you get some much needed dirt on me?
dirt? this wasn't about dirt. What do I need dirt for? This was about gaining insight into your thoughts. The fact that you say townie tells me that you probably have an analitical mind. You enjoy decidphering people's posts to find discrepancies that signal scum. correct?
RPG wrote:I'm happy to answer any question, but there comes a time when enough is enough and the more you start asking "beginning" questions the scummier you look.
did you fail to notice that half the town is AWOL? These questions are useful in the sense of getting players involved.
RPG wrote:Start scumhunting, find things from the previous questions.
just because I haven't chosen to announce my findings to the world doesn't mean I don't have any.
RPG wrote:We dont need to play Jeopardy here. It's one thing to ask start-up questions, it's another to make that your whole day 1 activity.
Ask follow up questions.
Thats what i'm doing, and it seems to be scaring a couple of you. Which is noted.
So the questions I've been asking don't count as follow-up questions?
RPG wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:You're the only one doing anything to search for scum, so I'm questioning why you're focusing on tracker.
Well, if you recall, I did get on Gayle. (Before this post.) But, like I said about tracker, these first go around questions were nice, but we really dont need the second batch. That, in it of itself, is a bit shady if you ask me. I dont understand why i'm the only one picking apart the text here, we are reading the same thing, correct?
actually in the beginnings of the post but whatever. And I say that I'll do what I can to get the missing players back in the game. and correct I'm reading the same thing as you.

RPG - Why is a second batch of questions shady?
RPG wrote:
tracker wrote: I find to great that RPG is questioning things, even if he's wrong, but conversation's conversation and we should take it where we can get it.
That's a nice twist on Gayle's words. Pretty much pulling out the paranoia card, again. Interesting. Again, noted.
Gayle's to depressing questions, I'm trying to encourage more. not really twisting is it?

What is the paranoia card?
RPG wrote:
tracker wrote: however if you would rather let the scum have a free kill.... I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Um. Of course not. Where did you get this from? It's nice to see that you're putting words in my mouth.
Where did you get that I'm willing to lynch anybody?
RPG wrote:I'm trying to move past the molasses that is your questions and pick apart the text from the answers from the first batch, which you really havent done yourself. Quite interesting. Maybe you should yourself pay attention to the answers people have. It'll do wonders.
Again, just because I haven't revealed my observations doesn't mean I don't have any.
RPG wrote: The only way we'll get past the "majority not finding scum" is if we start, oh I don't know, scumhunting.
Elucidate on this.
RPG wrote:And it seems you're trying to deflect by asking even more questions that, like I said, have nothing to do with helping us find scum.
you worry to much, i have nothing to delfect. and while the last bunch of questions don't magically reveal scum doesn't mean that they're useless, the fact that we now know that much more about someone could be crucial later.
RPG wrote:That being said, i'm going to put a little pressure on tracker. See if it cant get him to at least talk a bit.

Vote: Tracker
So, I haven't been talking? Roger that, I'll make a note to start.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:18 am

Post by imkingdavid »

tracker wrote:one question before I start,

Is it better to have one big wall of text,WOL, with everything I have to say at the moment, or a multitude of shorter posts each relating to one point?
Too many consecutive posts by one member clutters the thread and makes it unbearable, imo. I say get everything you need to say out in one go, and if you miss something, then you can go back an post once or twice as needed.
tracker wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:
least

David - What is your opinion on "scumlists"?
For pretty much the same reason as I mentioned in the above quotation, a full every-player scum list is a bad idea, imo. If you find someone scummy, build a case on them and post it. Do more than one person, even. But if you go through each person just to say that you find them to be pro-town, you're wasting your time and giving scum a clearer picture of who to night kill and who not to push for a lynch.

-----

@mod: I think it's about time for prods on Canada, CommieX, and Neo-con John (and anyone else I missed, although I think everyone else has posted at least semi-recently). They haven't posted for quite some time. Thanks!

People, please realize that lurking does not help us at all. Please come and give your opinion in the discussion. Ask questions, answer those directed to you, build a case on someone, etc. The more people talk, the better chance we have of finding scum.

-------

@all: what do you guys think about tracker's continuous questioning? Do you guys see it as him trying to spark discussion or just trying to make it look like he's participating?
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Gayle »

RPG*Twilight wrote: The bolded part: Does that not sound paranoid to anyone else?
Yeah, I had that thought as soon as I hit submit.
imkingdavid wrote: I am choosing not to answer this for the following reason...
I'm gonna use the fact that I am a newbie as an excuse on this one.
imkingdavid wrote: @all: what do you guys think about tracker's continuous questioning? Do you guys see it as him trying to spark discussion or just trying to make it look like he's participating?
On one hand, we have little to go on so it doesn't hurt to have something to discuss. On the other, I think some of the questions are pointless and it is pretty much all he has been doing all game. But I want to wait for the awol players to post a bit before we start casting votes.

And a question about the forums. On other forums there is a way to view all posts by a particular person in a certain topic. Is that possible here, or do we have to do it manually?
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:45 am

Post by imkingdavid »

Gayle wrote:And a question about the forums. On other forums there is a way to view all posts by a particular person in a certain topic. Is that possible here, or do we have to do it manually?
Yep, scroll down to the bottom under the quick reply box, where it says "Display posts from previous: [All Posts VOTE: ] by [All users VOTE: ] [Oldest First VOTE: ]" and select the "All Users" box. Now click anyone's username and hit "Go" That will show all of that user's posts in this thread in "iso" (aka isolation). btw, post numbers are not the same as post numbers when all posts by all users are shown, so be sure to specify if you mean, say... Player X's post #5, or post #5 of the whole thread).
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:55 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Firstly, on this 'PE vs. RPG' thing, I think we just got our wires crossed. He misunderstood what I meant, I wasn't clear, whatever.

Secondly, RPG, I think you are acting a bit frenetic, however the little details can sometimes be hints and it is helping the town focus on scumhunting rather than more theory questions. Announcing your intentions to pressure someone with a vote (when they still are L-4 away) kind of defeats the purpose. I think pressure votes should be behind a semblence of a case so that way the target does not realize what it is.

Finally, Toon Fighter, I have played one game on this forum as scum and I won it for my side.
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by tracker »

oops, i messed up

5 games total,

1 scum - won

1 bodyguard - lost

1 cop - lost, i had this as vanilla as i was roleblocked every night

2 vanilla - lost
Show
-Tracker

Need a replacement in [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12810&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]Cults of Darkness and Shadow[/url] replacing Discord, please help

Willing to cross-replace
tracker
tracker
Goon
tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by tracker »

V/LA tommorow sorry for the short notice
Show
-Tracker

Willing to cross-replace

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”