Newbie 865 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 am

Post by SirPent »

oooh that area tag is so cool. gotta try it out sometime
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:31 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

SirPent, like I requested from Hercule Poirot, a thing to do (in my experience with newbie games) is to give a PBPA (player by player analysis) on everyone still in the game and perhaps announce your conclusions to this point.
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:40 am

Post by SirPent »

PaltryExcuse wrote:SirPent, like I requested from Hercule Poirot, a thing to do (in my experience with newbie games) is to give a PBPA (player by player analysis) on everyone still in the game and perhaps announce your conclusions to this point.
Will do in my next post.
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:19 am

Post by SirPent »

tracker wrote:Hey Everyone, in my last game that I played instead of random voting, we asked questions instead, I would like to try that again as that in my opinion is a better way to start the game off than random voting
Toon Fighter: How many games have you played?
PaltryExcuse: Do you think the presence of power roles distracts the town from scumhunting?
Canada: Do you prefer to be town or scum?
CommieX: What is your favorite part about playing mafiascum?
Neo-con John: What is your opinion on lurkers(ing)?
Gayle: Have you ever played real-life mafia and if so do you prefer that or online mafia better?
And one final question for everyone: What is your view on No-Lynching? Is their ever a time where No-Lynching would be better than a lynch?
Just thought I'd give my answers:
I've played too many times to count.
I think the presence of power roles makes the game more entertaining and fun.
I've only played outside of mafiascum, but I love playing with any role with power, town or scum, I just love being a detective and solving the case.
my favorite part about mafiascum so far is all the activity I see, and the forums to talk about other things, and so far looks like a good time.
I hate lurkers be active or don't play, days that are drawn out for too long aren't fun at all.
Time will tell if I like real-life or online better.
No-Lynching: the only time I think a no-lynch is a good idea is in a Lylo situation, other than that we have to take every oppurtunity to lynch scum.

Tracker: I want to believe he is town, but something is just giving me a scum alarm in my brain right now.... too be watched
Gayle: Veryyyyyyyy Scum.. I put my 5 dollars on him being one of the scum.
HP: TOWN... I don't see the case against him, the only bad thing is he is making a newbie mistake of role fishing.
IC: he is a town alligned player.
Paltry: Third Scum
RPG: Confirmed Town
Toon Fighter: Town

vote: Gayle
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:26 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

A) If by third scum, you mean I am third of three scum, the set-up doesn't have them.
B) If Gayle is scum, we need reasons.
C) If I am scum, we need reasons.
D) Why are those people you think are town, town?

You're basically missing the information that makes your thoughts understandable to others.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Gayle »

SirPent wrote:Tracker: I want to believe he is town, but something is just giving me a scum alarm in my brain right now.... too be watched
HP: TOWN... I don't see the case against him, the only bad thing is he is making a newbie mistake of role fishing.
Er... you want to go into more detail?
Who is IC?
SirPent wrote: vote: Gayle
WHAT
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Ok, sorry I lied about being back that night. Got overly busy with a last minute project that came up and now I am just able to think about this.

I'll get started by responded to the earlier posts and then end up with the more recent.
Hercule wrote:Therefore, either CommieX or Toon Fighter is the remaining mafia member. I'm more willing to go with Toon Fighter, but I could be wrong. Eh bien monami, I'd say we need to focus on those two.
I don't like the logic used to come to this conclusion. You're saying that just because they didn't vote for him, they are the scum. But what makes you so sure that no one was bussing him?
Hercule wrote:So I believe that if the mafia could have gotten a fifth vote against Tracker, they would. So why didn't they? Because they already had 2 votes against him.
Or because (assuming tracker is town for this) they know that tracker is town and neo is scum and do not want to vote for tracker because by hammering tracker, they place suspicion on themselves, therefore having both scum in the spotlight.
TF wrote:Also, even if you interpret that post as me defending NCJ, why would I do that if I knew he was scum? I would know that, if he were lynched, he would be outed, and I would be looking suspicious if I defended him (however, this can be seen as WIFOM, and is not a good defense strategy).
Yep, WIFOM, but I see your point.
Hercule wrote:Everyone, have you read the Sherlock Holmes canon?
Yes, this is important. Believe me, it could turn the game around depending on your answer. I know how random this sounds, but this will be important later. I'm not even joking.
Nope, never read it, sorry. What does it have to do with anything? Well, I guess I'll figure that out by reading on, eh?
Hercule wrote:Interesting. Sounds like our good friend the cop should start investigating then, shouldn't he?

Who is the cop? If he claims to be the cop, and the doctor keeps protecting him, we can pretty much nuke the entire mafia. Step up Mr.Cop.
Red flag!
No. "Mr. Cop" should NOT step up. This is a prime example of what we in the business call role-fishing; aka trying to get people with a power role to roleclaim. This only can help scum know who the cop is and night kill him.
The only way I could see this possibly working is if he has a guilty, because then we can lynch the person he has a guilty on and then lynch him if he's wrong.
Of course now we're assuming we even have a cop. We currently know nothing about the current setup. So rather than rolefish, how about we scum hunt?

That right there should get my vote, but I'll continue reading and see what happened next.
Hercule wrote:I know the real cop won't claim to be the cop. It would be pointless. Anyone who claimed to be the cop at this moment would be trying to take advantage of the position to be above suspicion, therefore making him the most suspicious person.

...Of course since you two were so quick to point out why claiming cop isn't a good idea, I think the hidden mafia guy isn't going to be claiming cop anytime soon.
So why are you explaining your entire plan? In any case, with 1 mafia member left, it would be completely idiotic for them to claim cop, especially this early in the game. Possibly in LyLo, but that would be a large risk too.
PE wrote:D) I found Canada scummy... His was wishy-washy scum behaviour, now yours is just a new type.
^this.
Gayle wrote:I don't know about that one. Why is it a scumtell to congratulate town on finding mafia? I probably would have done the same thing if I was the one who replaced into the game.
Actually it is considered a scum tell by many on this site because its normally either mafia or a town power role that is just trying too hard to blend in. Best to just keep moving than focus on the past really.

TBH, I agree with much of the case that PaltryExcuse has brought. Not to piggy back or anything, but I'm going go ahead and
Vote: Hercule
tracker wrote:IKD's review is coming thanks for being patient, I'm sorry for the delay.
tracker wrote:K, I finished rereading IKDs, well I finished yesterday and spent most of today thinking about it and reread it again tonight, IKD's posts are radiating something and I determine what or anything concrete to use as a base for figuring out IKD's alignment.
Really? You spent quite a while telling us it was coming, and then you have a sentence about being unsure? Come on...
SP wrote:Tracker: I want to believe he is town, but something is just giving me a scum alarm in my brain right now.... too be watched
Welcome to MS and thanks for joining the game (and to you to, Hercule, not trying to make you feel unwelcome either).

Anyway, next time please provide more reasoning than just the end result. Let us know how you came to your conclusions. Otherwise, for all we know, you are just trying to put out your suspicions based on other peoples' posts.

Also, it's generally not a good idea to post who you think is obvious town. Instead, you should post only who you think is scum.

So given that, I would like to see reasoning behind your suspicions of those whom you labelled as scum. And keep in mind that there are only 2 scum (and now only 1) in this game, so there's no "3rd scum". ;)
Gayle wrote:Who is IC?
I'm the IC player in this game; I think that's what he meant.

@SP: It's less confusing if you refer to me as IKD or something like everyone else does. That way there's no questions like this one. ;)
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by SirPent »

Since, there is only one scum left if the cop has a guilty we have him tell us, and we lynch that person game over.
Sounds like a plan.....
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Elmo »

Day 2, Vote Count #3

Hercule Poirot (3) <- PaltryExcuse, Gayle, imkingdavid
SirPent <- Toon Fighter
Gayle <- SirPent

Not voting: Hercule Poirot, tracker

The
deadline
is Wednesday, 17th December 20:00 UTC, which is 15 days, 15 hours and 7 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch.
With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:20 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Unvote

I don't want a lynch until we hear from the stalling Tracker.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Gayle »

Toon Fighter hasn't posted since the 29th either. From my understanding we need to post at least once every 48 hours.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Gayle »

SirPent wrote:Since, there is only one scum left if the cop has a guilty we have him tell us, and we lynch that person game over.
Sounds like a plan.....
The cop would have claimed by now if that was the case.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:16 am

Post by imkingdavid »

SP wrote:Since, there is only one scum left if the cop has a guilty we have him tell us, and we lynch that person game over.
Sounds like a plan.....
Gayle wrote:The cop would have claimed by now if that was the case.
^this.

And like I said in my post above yours:
I wrote:So rather than rolefish, how about we scum hunt?
In my opinion, at this point Hercule is the best candidate for a lynch, simply because of the things myself and others have outlined above.

However, PE is right, we should wait for tracker to stop stalling and contribute before we end the day again.
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:57 am

Post by SirPent »

I don't like this at all, but
unvote vote HE
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:08 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Who's HE?
Is it HP, in which case it's Herucle?
Is it PE, in which case it's me?
And yet again, you need to back up your ideas. The fact that NCJ was
not
doing this led to him being lynched (and was a sign of his scumminess). However yours seems more related to inexperience as to how mafia is played on this site.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:08 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Tracker, ToonFighter: Post please!
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

Hey, I'm still here. For now,
unvote

I was on the spotlight a few days ago, but it seems that now the main suspect is HP, or the artist formely known as canada.

I could post my analisys of him, but everything has been said alredy. What I find interesting is that he hasn't really tried to defend himself. Sure, he posted Sun post 243, but he hasn't posted since, and it seems he was just waiting for the fade to go away, or for the village to find another suspect. That kinda seems to have worked, as Gayle got a vote, and PE unvite him (SirPent voted for someone, but we don't really know who).

Maybe he is away (or he has limited acess on workdays), but he seemed so active on his first days in the game... Why did he disapeared?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:24 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Toon Fighter wrote:Hey, I'm still here. For now, unvote

I was on the spotlight a few days ago
, but it seems that now the main suspect is HP, or the artist formely known as canada.

I could post my analisys of him, but everything has been said alredy. What I find interesting is that he hasn't really tried to defend himself. Sure, he posted Sun post 243, but he hasn't posted since, and
it seems he was just waiting for the fade to go away, or for the village to find another suspect.
That kinda seems to have worked, as Gayle got a vote, and PE unvite him (SirPent voted for someone, but we don't really know who).

Maybe he is away (or he has limited acess on workdays), but he seemed so active on his first days in the game... Why did he disapeared?
See bolded parts.
Basically, from what I understand, is when you last posted you felt as though you were target No. 1. Then you disappeared for a little while.
Then you hypothesize (though not concretely) that Hercule could have faded away so that way another person would come under fire.
I'd say that point could easily be applied to you.
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:51 am

Post by SirPent »

Okay it's time to come out about this, I am your cop and I received the information that my replacee found Gayle to be scum last night.

unvote vote: Gayle
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Gayle »

@SirPent: Have you actually read the thread?

@Toon Fighter:
  • You have 13 posts total, and you never really post unless someone addresses you directly.
  • You jumped on the tracker bandwagon, and your reason for doing so was weak.
  • PE points out that Canada never really contributed, but I think you are guilty of the same thing.
  • You vote on CommieX either out of nowhere on a hunch, and don't respond to any questions about it.
  • When no one went for CommieX and the focus shifted away from you, you reappear with a pointless 'he could be lurking' and an unvote.
I am going to keep my vote on HP until I see how he responds, but i'm willing to shift it to you in an instant.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Gayle »

SirPent wrote:Okay it's time to come out about this, I am your cop and I received the information that my replacee found Gayle to be scum last night.

unvote vote: Gayle
Well, so much for my case against Toon Fighter. I am Vanilla Town, which means this is a fakeclaim and you are mafia.

VOTE: SirPent
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Gayle »

@SirPent:This makes this a triple post, but If I'm confirmed scum, why did you vote for HE (whoever that is)?
SirPent
SirPent
Townie
SirPent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by SirPent »

Gayle wrote:@SirPent:This makes this a triple post, but If I'm confirmed scum, why did you vote for HE (whoever that is)?
Why would you say this after you said your vanilla townie?

That vote was meant to be HP to test my theory on who stays and who goes off the bandwagon.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Gayle »

SirPent wrote:
Gayle wrote:@SirPent:This makes this a triple post, but If I'm confirmed scum, why did you vote for HE (whoever that is)?
Why would you say this after you said your vanilla townie?

That vote was meant to be HP to test my theory on who stays and who goes off the bandwagon.
As in, If I am confirmed scum from
your perspective
, why would you vote for anyone else? Why would you even be 'testing theories'?

Also, why this post?
SirPent wrote:Since, there is only one scum left if the cop has a guilty we have him tell us, and we lynch that person game over.
Sounds like a plan.....
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Gayle »

I don't understand why you would fakeclaim. I'll flip Vanilla Town, and then you'll be lynched. Game Over.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”