Newbie 870 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Netopalis »

I was pretty sure, but not 100%.....About 75%. That being said, I finally decided that nothing either of you would say would change that 75% either way, so I decided to just go ahead and do it.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:00 am

Post by almightybob »

Votecount 4.1

Nikanor - 2 (NavyCherub, Netopalis)

NavyCherub - 1 (Nikanor)
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:05 am

Post by almightybob »

As Nikanor is pushed towards the gallows, he seems to accept his fate. He gives you a cheeky wink as you tie the rope around his neck, and peacefully waits for the trap door to open. As he dangles from the end of the rope, relief washes over you. The ordeal is over.

Nikanor,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched on Day 4.

GAME OVER.
TOWN
WINS!
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Well done indeed....My comments about each newbie:

bv310 - You need a little work, but overall, your lynch here was expediency over really scummy activity. You do need to work on not freaking out so much, and we could all use a bit of work on logic...

chauchaudotcom Excellent play. No complaints, you have a good future ahead of you on this site.

NikolaSama - You seriously need to work on some things. You come across as extremely lazy and arrogant, and your posts are difficult to decipher...

kirby_is_kyaan - Average play, but don't flake out next time!

SeerPenguin - Seer....Where do I start? You have a lot of potential, but you really need to reconsider the methods of your attacks. Attacking a replacement for the fact that their previous players flaked is illogical and could have just as easily been made against you. Your ferocity in regards to this lynch was also rather disturbing.

Tokillablockingnerd - Don't flake!

ace5993 - Ace, after a rough start, you definitely seemed to improve towards the last half of the game. Keep on this progression and you'll certainly go far. Pitfalls that you particularly need to watch out for are mainly along the lines of making simple, declaratory statements without backing them up with logic and making indecipherable posts that are difficult for anyone without a PHD in chatspeak to understand.

NavyCherub - By far, you are one of the best new players that I've seen. My only complaint with your play is your lynch of SeerPenguin - I would have voted Nikanor from the start of the final day if it weren't for that. Generally, avoid hammering until there is a full consensus towards a certain player's lynch and all players have contributed significantly.

Good game, all! Feel free to ask me any questions - that's what I'm here for.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by SeerPenguin »

I deserve .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the credit for this win.

Great job to everyone else.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2084918#2084918]I don't need a signature...[/url]
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Shrinehme »

I was going to attack Nikanor because the Nikola lynch looking like a complete bus to me.

And then he killed me. RAAAAAGE.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Netopalis »

SP: Don't be so hard on yourself, though. You should take this as a valuable opportunity to learn from your mistakes....Go back and read the game again, and reread your interaction given that you know who the scum is now. You might be surprised at what you find.

chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:59 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

So it WAS Kirby!!!

But I was wrong about Nika. I actually investigated Neto N1 which made me rethink my original evaluation of Nika. But I was too dead to help.

Great job everyone! Hoorah!!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Nikanor »

Shrinehme wrote:And then he killed me. RAAAAAGE.
Of course I killed you. I can't believe nobody caught on to the fact that I was the only one with any motivation at all to kill you. :/
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:24 am

Post by bv310 »

Totally called Kirby back on Day 1. Kinda embarassing ti read myself in iso in this one now though >.<
chauchaudotcom
chauchaudotcom
Goon
chauchaudotcom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:19 am

Post by chauchaudotcom »

Sorry bv. It was my fault. =[
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Netopalis »

Well, with BV, we all made a bit of a mistake. Honestly, towards the end, I started to get the feeling that he was town..but I knew that changing wagons at the last minute would be even more hurtful to town because it wouldn't give us enough information to make a more rational decision on the second day.

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:15 am

Post by bv310 »

I wasn't used to actually having to explain myself. This was a pretty good learning curve though. I've been lurking this game since I went out. Still surprised TKaBN wasn't scum.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Netopalis »

I wasn't, really. He played like a lot of other newbie players who aren't used to debate and who get cornered...As you say, it's tough to learn how to explain and defend yourself on the spot like that.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”