Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by Spencer Remmington »

Stuart Whyte wrote:The idea is that just because you claim to vote for that reason doesn't mean its all there was to it. There are underlying decisions that scum have to make. ie: Whether to vote for each other or not. When you remove all decision making it removes the point of the RVS. How do you expect the game to move forward if everyone only random voted?
By having someone pick something that's not there and start an argument about it, like in every game.
Don't look at me! I'm new here!
Claude Lefevre
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Claude Lefevre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by Claude Lefevre »

how is RV a bad thing??? it is pretty normal at gamestart.

Vote: Leon Dreyfus

no dices, no movies, he just has no votes.
Edward Smilie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:26 am

Post by Edward Smilie »

RVS is not something that bad.

as long as you take the positive things and think...

i personally think dice = a reason to hide your vote reason.

vote Jaime Marcelle
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:24 am

Post by malthusis »

The people who were suspected of being infiltrators just stood their dazed for a few seconds, wondering if this was some payback prank for the famous April Fool's Day joke on the entire scientific division. But after a while of just standing there, they realized just how serious it was. Since some of the people didn't know each other due to a wide variety of people being called down(from guardsmen to aquanauts to even some of the cooks), they took the time to get to know each other, and whine at the cook about the awful military rations they were getting. Everyone seemed so real, and human, but they realized there were aliens in their midst......

1st Vote Count of Day 1

Jaime Marcelle:
2 (Otto, Edward)
Leon Dreyfus:1 (Claude)
Spencer Remmington:1 (Leon)
Igor Schultz:1 (Andrew)
Claude Lefevre:1 (Jaime)
Edward Smilie:1 (Tracey)

Not Voting:5 (Gerhard, Stuart, Emile, Spencer, Igor)

Notes:

1. 3 people haven't posted yet, and they will be prodded as soon as the 48 hour mark rolls around...

2.I replaced the playerlist on the first post with the alt names because the playerlist is not going to be reliable at all once we start getting replacements.
Last edited by malthusis on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:37 am

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Tracey wrote:Because basing votes on contrary movie tastes will hold someone accountable for those votes in the future?
But how can I not be held accoutable for a dice roll? I do beleive that I can be accountable for a dice roll.
Leon wrote:Many feel that using a dice method to cast your votes is not showing your own responsibility of casting a vote, and man feel, as well, that it is Anti-Town. With that being said, some view it also as policy lynch worthy. What do you think?
Your asking me what I think of a dice roll... When I used a dice roll? To tell you the truth, I don't see why it's so scummy (Well, I can see it as being scummy if it's not in the RVS but you know what I mean). It's just another random vote thats in reality not any more random then any other. In fact, how do you know no one else voted on random.com or something but just wouldn't tell any of us? So no, I do not feel it is anti-town or policy lynch worthy.

Also, how is this question helpful to the town?
Stuart wrote:The idea is that just because you claim to vote for that reason doesn't mean its all there was to it. There are underlying decisions that scum have to make. ie: Whether to vote for each other or not. When you remove all decision making it removes the point of the RVS. How do you expect the game to move forward if everyone only random voted?
It is near impossible to have a RVS for the whole day unless everyone decided to beforehand. The reason for this is because eventually someone would gain the courage to put a serious vote up and end the RVS on someone that put down a scummy RVS
Edward wrote:i personally think dice = a reason to hide your vote reason.
Vote reason? So I have a reason to vote Claude? Um... I'm not sure how you think the voting mechanic works but it is comepletly random. Also, even if I were to have a reason would rolling a dice really be better then voting someone because of a movie or something?
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:38 am

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Tracey wrote:Because basing votes on contrary movie tastes will hold someone accountable for those votes in the future?
But how can I not be held accoutable for a dice roll? I do beleive that I can be accountable for a dice roll.
Leon wrote:Many feel that using a dice method to cast your votes is not showing your own responsibility of casting a vote, and man feel, as well, that it is Anti-Town. With that being said, some view it also as policy lynch worthy. What do you think?
Your asking me what I think of a dice roll... When I used a dice roll? To tell you the truth, I don't see why it's so scummy (Well, I can see it as being scummy if it's not in the RVS but you know what I mean). It's just another random vote thats in reality not any more random then any other. In fact, how do you know no one else voted on random.com or something but just wouldn't tell any of us? So no, I do not feel it is anti-town or policy lynch worthy.

Also, how is this question helpful to the town?
Stuart wrote:The idea is that just because you claim to vote for that reason doesn't mean its all there was to it. There are underlying decisions that scum have to make. ie: Whether to vote for each other or not. When you remove all decision making it removes the point of the RVS. How do you expect the game to move forward if everyone only random voted?
It is near impossible to have a RVS for the whole day unless everyone decided to beforehand. The reason for this is because eventually someone would gain the courage to put a serious vote up and end the RVS on someone that put down a scummy RVS
Edward wrote:i personally think dice = a reason to hide your vote reason.
Vote reason? So I have a reason to vote Claude? Um... I'm not sure how you think the voting mechanic works but it is comepletly random. Also, even if I were to have a reason would rolling a dice really be better then voting someone because of a movie or something?
Stuart Whyte
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Stuart Whyte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Stuart Whyte »

Jaime Marcelle wrote:
It is near impossible to have a RVS for the whole day unless everyone decided to beforehand. The reason for this is because
eventually someone would gain the courage to put a serious vote up and end the RVS on someone that put down a scummy RVS.
A scummy random stage vote you say? And when all the votes are done randomly, with dice, in thread, which vote would that be? I think you just prove my point for me.
Andrew Lemarchand
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Andrew Lemarchand
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Andrew Lemarchand »

I don't think using dice for RVS is inherently scummy nor is it something that I view as policy lynch worthy, but it does allow people to hide behind the dice. Is it significant that people voted based on Twilight or because someone was named Igor? No, but they did have to decide who to vote for. There's really not much to be gained from this information not but it's still important because scum have to choose whether to vote for their buddies or not.
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:24 am

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Stuart wrote:A scummy random stage vote you say? And when all the votes are done randomly, with dice, in thread, which vote would that be? I think you just prove my point for me.
Well I doubt there would be no discussion... Scummy people get voted. Simple as that. And besides, how does this even help the game? Do you see a scenerio where we're all dice voting?
Leon Dreyfus
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

Jaime Marcelle wrote:Also, how is this question helpful to the town?
If it's policy lynch worthy? Why wouldn't it be? I see no reason for why it wouldn't be beneficial. That is, asking the question itself.
Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:31 pm

A scummy random stage vote you say? And when all the votes are done randomly, with dice, in thread, which vote would that be? I think you just prove my point for me.
Vote: Stuart Whyte
for ignoring my post and the first half of the bolded part in the quote this is referencing. And for being conceited about it.

I forgot to random vote...
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Leon wrote:If it's policy lynch worthy? Why wouldn't it be? I see no reason for why it wouldn't be beneficial. That is, asking the question itself.
Unless I am mistaken he asked me: a person who RVed with a dice about what I thought about policy lynches on dice rollers. Now what did you think I would answer?
Leon Dreyfus
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

Jaime Marcelle wrote:
Leon wrote:If it's policy lynch worthy? Why wouldn't it be? I see no reason for why it wouldn't be beneficial. That is, asking the question itself.
Unless I am mistaken he asked me: a person who RVed with a dice about what I thought about policy lynches on dice rollers. Now what did you think I would answer?
Well, that depends. In a situation such as so, it is very easy to get a read off of a person by gauging their answer. If you were town, would it matter if it were policy lynch worthy? After all, it is
just
a question. You answered in a way that makes me look at you more now.
Edward Smilie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:49 am

Post by Edward Smilie »

basically a dice roll reason just the same like other crap reason to hide your real reason

but whether it is scummy or not is based on the case.

since we are on RVS, i still can get it away.

i say that coz if you are scum, you know who is the town i see some case where scum just use crap reason to vote your fellow scum or town

but most of them don't go to any real bandwagon.

to all : i was in another game and one of the player suggested the other player vote for himself.

in this case, i want the you guys to vote me..

what do you think if i say you guys scum if don't follow my plan?
Edward Smilie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Edward Smilie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:52 am

Post by Edward Smilie »

just a thought and would like to hear your oppinion.

EBWOP : what do you think if i say you guys look scummier if you don't follow my plan compared to the one who vote me?
Emile Buchard
Emile Buchard
Townie
Emile Buchard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Emile Buchard »

Seriously, die, movie, username, it doesn't really matter. No vote has a real reason, and if they really used the dice then it would be truly random.

The whole deal is just a distraction. Let's get to the real matter: Edward, why are you asking everyone to vote for you? There doesn't really seem to be a reason or a point to it.
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Leon wrote:Well, that depends. In a situation such as so, it is very easy to get a read off of a person by gauging their answer. If you were town, would it matter if it were policy lynch worthy? After all, it is just a question. You answered in a way that makes me look at you more now.
Yes, that is true bt what did you honestly think my answer would be? If you ask a person that dice votes if they should policy lynch dice voters or not, wouldn't the answer be no? Scum or town?
Edward wrote:what do you think if i say you guys look scummier if you don't follow my plan compared to the one who vote me?
edward wrote:to all : i was in another game and one of the player suggested the other player vote for himself.

in this case, i want the you guys to vote me..

what do you think if i say you guys scum if don't follow my plan?
How would we be scummier if we do/don't follow your plan?
Also, I would reccomend not saying that kind of stuff like "I was in this one game where" it lets other players know who you are.[/quote]
Emile Buchard
Emile Buchard
Townie
Emile Buchard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Emile Buchard »

Since we're using alt. accounts, meta will be useless, unless you seriously do a lot of digging. Pretty much everything will have to come from inside the thread.

Also, to all you Twilight: New Moon haters, I love you.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:24 am

Post by malthusis »

Sending out a prod to Gerhard Krause. (Igor has posted, but I had to delete his post due to it mentioning his original account.)
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Gerhard Krause »

/confirm

Sorry about that. I was looking in the Theme Park for this thread, thought it was a large, not a mini. Totally my mistake.

Now, anyways,
vote: edward

What you did is as good as self voting, and while I'm not a huge fan of policy lynching I think you deserve it. So you get what you want, and I get to vote a self voter. Win win.
Jaime Marcelle
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Jaime Marcelle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Jaime Marcelle »

Emile wrote:Since we're using alt. accounts, meta will be useless, unless you seriously do a lot of digging. Pretty much everything will have to come from inside the thread.
He said "I was in this one game where" which gives people a better idea as to who they are.
Gerard wrote:What you did is as good as self voting, and while I'm not a huge fan of policy lynching I think you deserve it. So you get what you want, and I get to vote a self voter. Win win.
He didn't self vote. He just said "If I self voted and I told you to vote me and you were scummy if you did/didn't what would you do?"

Either way, I am not voting Edward (Well, not yet anyway. Might do it later if he appears scummy)
Leon Dreyfus
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

Emile Buchard wrote:No vote has a real reason.
Say what?
Spencer Remmington
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Spencer Remmington
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:39 pm

To answer Ed's Question: I'd think you were a complete idiot if you called me scum for not voting you. If you do want me to vote you, you would have to present a decent argument for why voting for you would be pro-town. And I'd love to hear it too, since there's only one really good answer for that.
Emile Buchard
Emile Buchard
Townie
Emile Buchard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Emile Buchard »

Leon Dreyfus wrote:
Emile Buchard wrote:No vote has a real reason.
Say what?
/Facepalm.
Emile wrote:Seriously, die, movie, username, it doesn't really matter. No
RVS vote
has a real reason, and if they really used the dice then it would be truly random.
^that's what I meant^
This is a signature. It represents things that you say when you have nothing better to do.
Leon Dreyfus
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Leon Dreyfus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Leon Dreyfus »

Thanks for clarifying. But you are utterly wrong. Hardly any RVS votes are random. They have a reason for voting that player, which they will pass of as a random vote.

Example
"Hmm, player A doesn't have any votes."

"Sup, guys!

Vote: Player A
"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”