Open 189~Trouble@Warren State Mental Hosp (Over)

HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:39 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Qooq (91) wrote:I’m reading Vi town right now though
Okay, an initial town read with no real commital. No problem, IMHO.
VP Baltar (95) wrote:I don't think many people could get confident reads by page 4.
You add the word "confident" thus modifying the topic.
I (96) wrote:If you play with another player often enough, it sometimes becomes that easy
My comment on confident page 4 reads.
VP Baltar (97) wrote:And how often have Qoog and Vi played together would you say?
A fair question in-and-of itself.
HowardRoark (98) wrote:I have no idea if Qooq and Vi have played any games together. I've never played with JDodge, yet I see him as town right now. So where does that put us?
My assertion that Qooq's read does not have to necessarily come from past experience.
VP Baltar (99) wrote:Also, if you have no idea how many games they have played together, then how can you make a value judgement that it'd be easy for her to have a read on Vi based on past experience?
I didn't say Qooq's read on Vi was based on past experience. My post 98 point was quite the opposite. Two separate points: page four
confident
reads and page four
initial
reads.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, my definition of confident is apparently different from yours. I would never call someone town on page 4. I think doing so means you are somewhat confident in your read...otherwise you wouldn't state it in thread.

Scum I would probably say early, probably, but even that is mostly for pressure and highly likely to change as more information comes in.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:27 am

Post by HowardRoark »

If by "call someone town" you mean "extremely high probability", then I agree (even if there is prior game experience). I have no problem with having town reads on players (with or without prior experience) this early in a game. I equate it to early scum reads: not definite, but possible and develop-able.

Let's assume I state a town read ("early" or otherwise) on a player who is actually scum. Do you think that will possibly lower that player's guard and increase the possibility of a slip? (Theory -- not necessary here, but an interesting discussion to have at some point methinks.)
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Xdaamno »

JDodge wrote:
Hyl wrote:Your question-filled posts, coupled with little follow up to said questions, are scummy. Gives off a strong "trying to look helpful & active" vibe. I also noticed that you didn't give much opinion on the wagon, yet you're asking everyone to comment on it.
Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Try again.
It's also a stretch to say that your behaviour as town happens to be a good strategy for scum.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:50 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

populartajo wrote:Dodge and Vi seem serious while cayke and dizzy are prob just joking around. Correct me if im wrong.

It was at first an lol lets lynch daamno but his reaction to lynch had peeked my interest and especially the post where he says "I wish I could edit that" Makes me wonder what he wishes he could edit what would make the post before it seem better.

Thats about all i have to say right now. direct some questions if you want to pick at my mind some more.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Hyl
Hyl
Goon
Hyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Hyl »

JDodge wrote:explain please
1) Xdaamno's wagon was pretty random so I didn't see anything significant in it. 2) Since Vi's initial vote, although "less-than-random", was pretty weak/random in itself, I thought Xdaamno's defense seemed unnecessary.
JDodge wrote:And the people who haven't added anything?
I dunno, who else hasn't added anything while posting as much as Izzy? After reading, Izzy's several small-content posts stuck out so I added it to my message.

---
VPB wrote:Oh, I have an opinion on it (which I'll get to here in a second), but I didn't know we're on a mandatory disclosure policy. Are we? No one asked my opinion, and I was gleaning much more information by not stating it.
No, I just thought it's weird to ask eight people to do something while not doing it yourself.
Xdaamno wrote:It's also a stretch to say that your behaviour as town happens to be a good strategy for scum.
Scum don't always make good strategies.

VPB, what extra information did you get my withholding your opinion?
[size=75][color=darkred]Old enough to know[/color], [color=darkblue]but too young to care.[/size][/color]
Hyl
Hyl
Goon
Hyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Hyl »

By*
[size=75][color=darkred]Old enough to know[/color], [color=darkblue]but too young to care.[/size][/color]
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hyl wrote:VPB, what extra information did you get my withholding your opinion?
Well, considering I think it's a somewhat meh wagon, I was able to watch the way other players were interacting with it (which is why I was asking for others' opinions on it) and try to figure out who was legit with their attacks, who was just being silly and who was trying to sneak on an easy wagon.
YOUR AD HERE

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

populartajo wrote:Dodge and Vi seem serious while cayke and dizzy are prob just joking around. Correct me if im wrong.
You're wrong. Consider yourself corrected.
VP Baltar wrote:@Dizzy-who are Xdaamno's scumbuddies?
This is what we are working on at the moment. But... slip noted.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

Sorry about missing out on the first couple of pages, time to start posting:

vote: vi

Easiest name to type, plus I feel Xdaamno needs some support, not more votes.

I see that the majority of you all seem to know each other quite well. As such i am hoping that you don't all have pre-game prejudiced when playing. Maybe xdaamno is scum looking at his posts where he's afraid to come across as scummy, but town can have that worry too. Could maybe those of you who know him best explain whether or not this is typical behaviour for him? Only when i see more posts or good explanations from other players will i consider changing my vote. Please jdodge, if you will, can you tell me what good we would get out of xdaamno's lynch, as in obvscum lynch, iioa lynch, etc?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Vi »

Otto Ulbreicht 109 wrote:
vote: vi

...I feel Xdaamno needs some support, not more votes.

(...)

Only when i see more posts or good explanations from other players will i consider changing my vote.
I don't suppose you have a target in mind for who's scum, do you? :?

I'm looking forward to JDodge's response to you.
Otto Ulbreicht
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Otto Ulbreicht
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Otto Ulbreicht »

I don't have a definite idea no, but then again we are only 5 pages in. I wish I were that good though lol.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:05 am

Post by Vi »

Otto Ulbreicht 111 wrote:I don't have a definite idea no, but then again we are only 5 pages in. I wish I were that good though lol.
I find that strange, considering your resistance to changing your vote from the person most associated with attacking Xdaamno.

Aside from ambiguously defending Xd, do you have any reads at all? Are you trying to get any reads?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:08 am

Post by Vi »

EBWOP: If your vote on me is more for the short-name factor than for the unspoken Xdefensemno, then you're saying that the best you can do for finding scum after one hundred posts is a random vote, which means you don't have enough of an opinion on anyone to put down a reasoned vote... which I would find as suspect, as each player has offered a response to the Xdaamno wagon along with their reasoning.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:02 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Vi's pushing it here. It sounds plausable that your mini-fallacies are because you're biased.

Vote: Vi
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:07 am

Post by Vi »

I will concede that votes in my direction get my attention, and that particular vote combined with the rest of the post seemed too coincidental to pass up mentioning.
However, as I mentioned in the EBWOP, Otto - like you - has gingerly stepped around saying anything at all.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oi, Xdaamno, answer my question in your next post or get my vote.
YOUR AD HERE

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:48 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

I think i found Daamno's scumbuddy. *points at Otto*
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Obviously, I missed it...
VP Baltar wrote:Xdaamno, how would you compare your play here to that of Amnesiac Mafia?
I can't remember much about how I played in that game. I'm probably thinking things through more, but the dominating feeling that stopped me playing mafia - people never being willing, for one reason or another, to accept my logic - is still here.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Vi wrote:I will concede that votes in my direction get my attention, and that particular vote combined with the rest of the post seemed too coincidental to pass up mentioning.
However, as I mentioned in the EBWOP, Otto - like you - has gingerly stepped around saying anything at all.
What, about me? That's usually because I'm much more careful about saying anything wrong and more willing to put myself in other people's shoes. Less posts end up passing the litmus test.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:49 am

Post by Vi »

Xdaamno 119 wrote:
Vi wrote:I will concede that votes in my direction get my attention, and that particular vote combined with the rest of the post seemed too coincidental to pass up mentioning.
What, about me? That's usually because I'm much more careful about saying anything wrong and more willing to put myself in other people's shoes. Less posts end up passing the litmus test.
I used to play like that. It's great for surviving, but beyond terrible for finding scum. (So it worked to great effect when I was scum in Tofu Mafia.)

You mean to tell me there's nothing you have to say about anyone except me, and that in my response to Otto I went from "as likely as anyone to be Town" to "most likely to be scum"?
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:55 am

Post by HowardRoark »

DizzyIzzyB13 (108) wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:@Dizzy-who are Xdaamno's scumbuddies?
This is what we are working on at the moment. But... slip noted.
?

@Cat: Thoughts on . . . anything?!?!?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Vi wrote:
Xdaamno 119 wrote:
I used to play like that. It's great for surviving, but beyond terrible for finding scum. (So it worked to great effect when I was scum in Tofu Mafia.)

You mean to tell me there's nothing you have to say about anyone except me, and that in my response to Otto I went from "as likely as anyone to be Town" to "most likely to be scum"?
That's why I don't use it for finding scum. Durrrrr.

I'm not going to manufacture comments for your benefit, because it's not nessecary at this stage. I'm going to post about what interests me and make a point to go out of my way to sometimes ask probing questions, as I have been doing. This isn't optimal play - I'm just being transparent.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Or should I say FOR THE TOWN'S BENEFIT HUH
Cracking Idea Mafia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Vi »

Xdaamno 122 wrote:This isn't optimal play - I'm just being transparent.
Promising suboptimal play and lying in the same sentence doesn't become you.

Return to “Completed Open Games”