Newbie 878 (Game Over: scum victory)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Newbie 878 (Game Over: scum victory)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:34 am

Post by Johoohno »

Newbie game 878 - Snow White and the Nine Dwarfs

Game status

Game Over (scums win)

Still alive
(One of these are scums - check setup below)
jmj3000

Linehouse
(SE*)

* SE= semi-experienced player; IC = Experienced player

Dead

Mr. Pixie
(),
Townie
, lynched Day 1 (Arthur Dent was replaced by Mr. Pixie (post 304 on page 13)).
Debonair Danny DiPietro
(IC*),
Townie
, killed N1
animorpherv1
(SE*),
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 2
J.R
(),
Townie
, killed N2 (danakillsu was replaced by J.R (post 231 on page 10)).
pwnman
(),
Townie
, lynched Day 3 (Xzy was replaced by pwnman (post 524, page 21))
Fongoid
Townie
, killed N3
Mylynes
Townie
, lynched Day 4

Quick links

Rules|Setup|Flavour|Game start|
Night 1|Night 2|Night 3|Game over
Setup
Last edited by Johoohno on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:58 am, edited 28 times in total.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Johoohno »

Rules
[/size]
[001]
Voting
: Only votes in bold (
vote: Johoohno
) will be counted. If you no longer want your vote where it is you can
unvote
. You are not required to unvote when you shift vote from one player to another, I will only count your last vote.
[002]
Lynches
: When a player has a majority of votes he’ll be lynched – consider the game to be in twilight until I lock the thread (twilight = no new votes/unvotes are counted, the lynch is inevitable).
[003]
Deadline
: Each day will be deadlined to :arrow: 3 weeks, depending on my real life issues (no extensions planned). If we reach a deadline without a lynch the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the one who got to that number of votes first will be lynched.
Exception:
In a lynch-or-loose situation the votes needed are NOT reduced. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.
[004]
Keep game in thread only
: The game is played within this thread. You are not allowed to discuss it outside unless your role specifically tells you otherwise.
[005]
Death
: Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
[006]
Editing/Deleting
: Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts.
[007]
Quoting
: Don’t quote any PMs from me.
[008]
Night choices
: If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the night deadline (night lasting approximately three days), :arrow: I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me no choice will be made.
[009]
Being away?
: If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 72-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. :arrow: If you are away for 72 hours, without any notice why, you might find yourself replaced. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
[010]
Colours and texts
:
Blue colour
is my colour, don’t use it in the thread. And don’t use small or invisible text either.
[011]
Prods and replacements
: I will prod players and ask for replacements by your requests (or when I see fit). Do bold your requests in thread to make me see them more easily. (If you find errors or have questions I prefer getting them by PM). Replacements inherit their predecessors votes and need to unvote if they don't like where their vote is.
[012]
Good game
: Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to be played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:37 am

Post by Johoohno »

Setup
[/size]
The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via a quicktopic link) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via a quicktopic link) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:37 am

Post by Johoohno »

Newbie game 878 (Flavour text) - Snow White and the Nine Dwarfs

First there was silence, then someone sneezed. Then a mighty rumble was heard in the mine and all the dwarfs courageously rushed there (except for a bashful one hiding behind his moustache) from their workstations to see what was happening. One of the galleries had collapsed and from under all the debris a snow white skirt was seen sticking out. The mine echoed of dwarven sobs and sighs and then the last light in their lantern went out and all was dark.
- Why can't we see in the dark like those middle earthian dwarves, a grumpy voice muttered.
- There is noone but us here in the mine, so one of us must be guilty.
- Excuse me for spoiling your theory, but aren't we actually only seven?
- True, then two of us must be guilty.
Sound reason followed sound logic and they soon began to vote for whom they wanted to have a go at with their pick axes each evening, until they had found the murderers and had avenged Snow White.

But would they succeed or would those two nasty dwarven impersonators (a.k.a. mafia scums) take them out one at a time an get away with their faerie tale wrecking spree? Stay tunneled for more to come.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Day 1

You all gather around the the pile of rubble. Let’s find out who’ve done this hideous deed.

Game status

Day 1 - Deadline (Link to countdown): January 1 2010

Let the debating and voting begin!

Enjoy!
  • I will edit a vote count at the top of each page.

• Since deadline is so close to New Years I might extend it if we get too close to it.
Mylynes
Mylynes
Goon
Mylynes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Mylynes »

I noticed you are no longer waiting for 4 people to confirm. Just wondering when the official start date for the game is and if the remaining people have confirmed or not.
Mylynes
Mylynes
Goon
Mylynes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by Mylynes »

Let the debating and voting begin!
Nevermind it seems I posted that only a few minutes after your post >< Honestly I'm mainly just ready to start my first game.

Since it is started I might as well go ahead and begin the game with my first post here:

vote: Linehouse

I would like to start with a few questions. First off I

am not sure what all of the abbreviations mean yet so if

anyone could link me to a compilation of them somewhere

that would be very helpful.

Random question time.
danakillsu - Would you rather be playing as scum or town?
Arthur Dent - Who is your scumbuddy?
animorpherv1 - If you were to random vote someone who

would it be?

I also welcome questions from anyone so feel free to ask

me whatever.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote: Mylynes

Obvscum.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Oh and I'm your IC here to help guide youse fine folk if you have any questions about the game. You can call me Debonair Danny DiPietro, Danny, Triple D, DDD, or even "hey you" as long as you make it clear that I'm the "hey you" you're talking about. Now back to the rest of you helping me lynch Mylynes.
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by Arthur Dent »

Vote: Xzy

For not being in alphabetical order! Grr...

Mylynes - My scumbuddy is Ford Prefect, "an out of work actor from the town of Guildford."
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

It is a important, and popular fact, that things are not always as they seem...
Fongoid
Fongoid
Goon
Fongoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by Fongoid »

I see this game is going to start with a wee bit of random voting.

I therefore
vote: jmj3000
, because he's spending too much time plotting how to win as scum instead of taking 10 seconds to upload an avvie.
Mylynes
Mylynes
Goon
Mylynes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by Mylynes »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Vote: Mylynes

Obvscum.
Mind explaining your vote? After all im here primarily to learn for my first game.(that is the last time I'll say this as I do not want to pull the newbie card after looking at previous games I realize that would not be a good defensive move to make later on I realize I am not the only new to this game here.

Would it be because of my questions or the fact that I excluded you from my list? Or possibly some other reason? I will explain the reasoning behing my questioning and my vote a bit later on. (before the first day ends but also after some feedback)
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

After alphabatizing the players, removing myself (obviously) getting the two names from the middle of that lit, then flipping a coin, i have come to a conclusion

Vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro[/d]
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

ok, so my tag skills are not the best >.>

b]Vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro
Mylynes
Mylynes
Goon
Mylynes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by Mylynes »

jmj3000 wrote:ok, so my tag skills are not the best >.>

I have also made both a grammar error and a punctuation error but I think editing my post is a bad idea.. So yea dont feel bad over a simple mistake.
Fongoid
Fongoid
Goon
Fongoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Fongoid »

Mylynes wrote:

I have also made both a grammar error and a punctuation error but I think editing my post is a bad idea.. So yea dont feel bad over a simple mistake.
:o You have the ability to edit your posts? Jealous! Maybe it has something to do with your hidden Mafia mask... :P
Linehouse
Linehouse
Goon
Linehouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by Linehouse »

Vote: animorpherv1
because he's the only other SE besides me.

Mylynes, I really do not understand why you would start off a game with a post like that. Especially your first game.
Mylynes
Mylynes
Goon
Mylynes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:14 pm

Post by Mylynes »

Fongoid wrote:
Mylynes wrote:

:o You have the ability to edit your posts? Jealous! Maybe it has something to do with your hidden Mafia mask... :P
Actually now that I look at it I don't have the ability to edit my posts.. I apologize. I guess to edit we are supposed to quote our post and fix what was wrong in the new post?
Mylynes
Mylynes
Goon
Mylynes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by Mylynes »

Linehouse wrote:
Vote: animorpherv1
because he's the only other SE besides me.

Mylynes, I really do not understand why you would start off a game with a post like that. Especially your first game.
For good or bad all will be explained soon. Although I haven't played yet I have read quite a bit since I joined.
Linehouse
Linehouse
Goon
Linehouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Linehouse »

Or you could use that ever so handy "Preview" button.
Linehouse
Linehouse
Goon
Linehouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Post by Linehouse »

That was in reference to your previous post. Apparently I either have the "New Post review" option turned off, or it's not on this board.
Mylynes
Mylynes
Goon
Mylynes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:58 pm

Post by Mylynes »

Ok simple posting errors aside..

Lets see.. so far danakillsu, Xzy, and animorpherv1 have yet to post although it is very early in the game. Both Xzy and animorpherv1 have votes against them and I would like to hear a response from danakillsu and animorpherv1 to my initial questioning.

Arthur Dent replied to my question by not really answering it but I did not expect to get much of anything out of that question anyways.

So far (In this order) I voted for Linehouse, "for reasons unexplained yet." Debonair Danny DiPietro voted for me with the comment, "Obvscum." Arthur Dent voted for Xzy, "For not being in alphabetical order." Fongoid voted jmj3000, "because he's spending too much time plotting how to win as scum instead of taking 10 seconds to upload an avvie." jmj3000 has random voted for Debonair Danny DiPietro, "by alphabatizing players and flipping a coin." Then Linehouse voted for animorpherv1, "because he's the only other SE besides me."

That would make the current vote totals:
Fongoid = 0
danakillsu = 0
Arthur Dent = 0
Mylynes = 1 (Debonair Danny DiPietro)
Xzy = 1 (Arthur Dent)
jmj3000 = 1 (Fongoid)
Linehouse (SE*) = 1 (Mylynes)
animorpherv1 (SE*) = 1 (Linehouse)
Debonair Danny DiPietro (IC*) = 1 (jmj3000)

@Debonair Danny DiPietro - Being the most experienced player here what do you think we should be doing at this point?
Arthur Dent
Arthur Dent
Townie
Arthur Dent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:30 am

Post by Arthur Dent »

Arthur Dent - Who is your scumbuddy?
Arthur Dent replied to my question by not really answering it but I did not expect to get much of anything out of that question anyways.
Wouldn't it be so much easier if this is all you had to do to get a confession out of mafia? Ha ha.

"Are you Mafia"?

"Why, yes I am. How very astute of you. This is my scumbuddy, _____, and we plan on _____ing _____ by _____. Is there any other information you need in order to ensure that I lose?"

"Well, your PIN would help a bunch..."
This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

It is a important, and popular fact, that things are not always as they seem...
Xzy
Xzy
Townie
Xzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:58 am

Post by Xzy »

Reason I had yet to post is because I've been asleep from 3PM to 5AM my time. Yes, I bet you envy that.

@Mylynes

Some terms can be found here.

@Arthur

I just can't help it!

Mylynes wrote:I will explain the reasoning behing my questioning and my vote a bit later on.
There's reasoning behind it? :P

I don't see what you're getting at, unless you're planning on saying: "Post X is a typical response I'd expect, seeing as it's impossible to determine alignment from these questions. But in contrast, he went out of his way to crack a joke to Player A's similar question. This is a tell for me because __________".
DDD wrote:Now back to the rest of you helping me lynch Mylynes.
Good idea.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:52 am

Post by danakillsu »

Still RVS.
vote: Mylynes

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”